Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Crystalline Gala 2021
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 53 54
Everything is so gosh Damn gorgeous! I totally understand the love of the ice aesthetic.
No tundra skins is a little... strange. Next year I hope everyone who enters the skin contest enters a a tundra skin, hehe.
I will clarify the winners are certainly worthy though. Some stunning work here.
Everything is so gosh Damn gorgeous! I totally understand the love of the ice aesthetic.
No tundra skins is a little... strange. Next year I hope everyone who enters the skin contest enters a a tundra skin, hehe.
I will clarify the winners are certainly worthy though. Some stunning work here.
FObX7rS.png
Aw none of my faves won :( Congrats to the winners :)
I love the literal ice stuff as much as anyone else but there were some cool creative ones.
The skins are great, its just that the selection is kinda boring.

I like the familiar. Its cute.
Aw none of my faves won :( Congrats to the winners :)
I love the literal ice stuff as much as anyone else but there were some cool creative ones.
The skins are great, its just that the selection is kinda boring.

I like the familiar. Its cute.
Pressiboo #157888

8+ fr time
Love the new apparel!
Love the new apparel!
4oO1RBo.png e iS1bBip.png GZrdw3A.png e
Craftbaobao2

She/Her || Idiot || FR +0

e
barinhas47.gif
e
e
e GZrdw3A.png iS1bBip.png e
Hello, I'm Craft! I'm not very active.
Doesn't the staff decide what fits "the aesthetic" of their own site? lol what? also what about the familiar's face is "nightmarish?" every time I read these threads i get a good bewildered laugh at the complaints some people have...
Doesn't the staff decide what fits "the aesthetic" of their own site? lol what? also what about the familiar's face is "nightmarish?" every time I read these threads i get a good bewildered laugh at the complaints some people have...
33352.png U65gRpm.png EP9270D.png 33351.png
[quote]1) First and foremost, a creature familiar accurately representing the zodiac sign it embodies or an actual [i]likable[/i] humanoid familiar design. [s]not some chonky seal boy[/s][/quote] @Firefly15 I really respect your other points, but what do you mean by this? Aquarius is the water-bearer and is often depicted with a jug very similar to this one. :O [b]Edited for:[/b] italics/strikethroughs only!
Quote:
1) First and foremost, a creature familiar accurately representing the zodiac sign it embodies or an actual likable humanoid familiar design. not some chonky seal boy

@Firefly15
I really respect your other points, but what do you mean by this? Aquarius is the water-bearer and is often depicted with a jug very similar to this one. :O

Edited for: italics/strikethroughs only!
UwPE0Qp.png
@jotunn I get the whole water jug deal (I read a good bit on the Zodiacs a while ago) but, something about this familiar just doesn't suit the Aquarius or the festival.

Beautiful forum sig btw
@jotunn I get the whole water jug deal (I read a good bit on the Zodiacs a while ago) but, something about this familiar just doesn't suit the Aquarius or the festival.

Beautiful forum sig btw
g8T8XC2.png
[quote name="krondar" date="2021-01-24 13:32:20" ] Doesn't the staff decide what fits "the aesthetic" of their own site? lol what? also what about the familiar's face is "nightmarish?" every time I read these threads i get a good bewildered laugh at the complaints some people have... [/quote] Well, if you were referring to my comment: at least I ain't going overboard saying they should remove the familiar or hire new artists or something. The way the art is made is 10/10 stars, very nice-looking and smooth. I give the Staff credit where it is due, and I'm normally hanging with the more positive side of the community for updates. [i]However[/i], just because I rarely complain, that fact does [i]not [/i]forbid me from complaining. If I see something I dislike, I am 100% allowed to voice my opinion -which is as valid as everyone else's- so long as it doesn't break site rules, just as others are as well. A "bewildered laugh" at something that bothers me? That's nice. So very nice :( I don't laugh every time someone jumps just because a [i]fly[/i] lands on them. I'm not scared of the familiars, I just don't like his face.
krondar wrote on 2021-01-24 13:32:20:

Well, if you were referring to my comment: at least I ain't going overboard saying they should remove the familiar or hire new artists or something. The way the art is made is 10/10 stars, very nice-looking and smooth. I give the Staff credit where it is due, and I'm normally hanging with the more positive side of the community for updates. However, just because I rarely complain, that fact does not forbid me from complaining. If I see something I dislike, I am 100% allowed to voice my opinion -which is as valid as everyone else's- so long as it doesn't break site rules, just as others are as well.

A "bewildered laugh" at something that bothers me? That's nice. So very nice :( I don't laugh every time someone jumps just because a fly lands on them. I'm not scared of the familiars, I just don't like his face.
73127854.png
Lonely, shy & in need of friends? Read Misaki's Bio.

Item Wishlist | [LF] Pearl XXY/XYY G1 (M), Sanguine XXY, XYY G1 (M)
@jotunn Also, I only edited the other out because I didn't want to seem offensive -that's not the point I was trying to make. I simply mean, we need better looking, element/zodiac matching familiars for festivals specifically :)
@jotunn Also, I only edited the other out because I didn't want to seem offensive -that's not the point I was trying to make. I simply mean, we need better looking, element/zodiac matching familiars for festivals specifically :)
g8T8XC2.png
The scene is nice, but the apparel (and the familiar) seem more suited for a water festival tbh

I was looking forward to a fluffy ice goat
The scene is nice, but the apparel (and the familiar) seem more suited for a water festival tbh

I was looking forward to a fluffy ice goat
eirika_greatlord_sword.gif+3 fr timeephraim_greatlord_lance.gif
@Firefly15
Alright! I'll respect that, I was just curious about specifics, I guess, since I like the new familiar a lot!

(And thank you! Credit is linked through the image, if you want to check out that art shop for yourself!)

Also, I had copied your quote before the edit was made - but that was admittedly the part that made me a little wary of the wording. Thank you for answering!
@Firefly15
Alright! I'll respect that, I was just curious about specifics, I guess, since I like the new familiar a lot!

(And thank you! Credit is linked through the image, if you want to check out that art shop for yourself!)

Also, I had copied your quote before the edit was made - but that was admittedly the part that made me a little wary of the wording. Thank you for answering!
UwPE0Qp.png
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 53 54