Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Crystalline Gala 2021
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 53 54
I love that scene so much!! it would be perfect for this gal [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57170877][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/571709/57170877_350.png[/img][/url] she already has a matching scene, but considering her appearance and familiar are more icy, an icy background would definitely look amazing
I love that scene so much!!
it would be perfect for this gal

57170877_350.png

she already has a matching scene, but considering her appearance and familiar are more icy, an icy background would definitely look amazing
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
[quote name="MoodyMrGemini" date="2021-01-24 12:15:42" ] I'm with everyone who's frustrated with the lack of breed representation in their home flight's festival. [/quote] [quote]Someone I love dearly was distraught by the abandoning of Tundras Tundra is Ice's [i]ORIGINAL[/i] breed, before all this [i]Ancient[/i] stuff, and is a [i]starter[/i] breed. [/quote] [quote name="Decres" date="2021-01-24 06:22:04" ] Aww I normally love this festival because it's almost guaranteed to have tundra accents but... I guess not this year![/quote] [quote name="Hoodies" date="2021-01-24 06:17:01" ] Awe, no Tundra accents :[ [/quote] [quote name="Ogord" date="2021-01-24 07:51:17" ] Sad to see no Tundra skins or accents[/quote] [quote name="Starstalker" date="2021-01-24 08:27:46" ] Not a single tundra accent during ice fest?[/quote] 3 gaoler winning is a bit much, Lets be fair to staff, its not their fault if the number of submissions for Tundra breed are limited. I looked through the contest thread. there was only [s]5[/s] 14* actual tundra submissions to pick from. (someone pointed out its actually 14 out of 157 entries) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/search/forums?topicid=2959791&term=Tundra][search link][/url] Edit: I just wanted to add there is one submission for tundras [i]really[/i] like by Tomswifty i think its cute!
MoodyMrGemini wrote on 2021-01-24 12:15:42:
I'm with everyone who's frustrated with the lack of breed representation in their home flight's festival.
Quote:
Someone I love dearly was distraught by the abandoning of Tundras
Tundra is Ice's ORIGINAL breed, before all this Ancient stuff, and is a starter breed.
Decres wrote on 2021-01-24 06:22:04:
Aww I normally love this festival because it's almost guaranteed to have tundra accents but... I guess not this year!
Hoodies wrote on 2021-01-24 06:17:01:
Awe, no Tundra accents :[
Ogord wrote on 2021-01-24 07:51:17:
Sad to see no Tundra skins or accents
Starstalker wrote on 2021-01-24 08:27:46:
Not a single tundra accent during ice fest?

3 gaoler winning is a bit much,

Lets be fair to staff, its not their fault if the number of submissions for Tundra breed are limited.
I looked through the contest thread.
there was only 5 14* actual tundra submissions to pick from. (someone pointed out its actually 14 out of 157 entries)
[search link]

Edit: I just wanted to add there is one submission for tundras really like by Tomswifty i think its cute!
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
Happy Crystalline Gala everyone! [emoji=ice rune size=1]
Happy Crystalline Gala everyone!
7mfPPIQ.png _________
@TheDEV1L | 530294

He/Him | Gryffindor | Virgo | FR+2
[quote name="Kapow" date="2021-01-24 12:42:31" ] Lets be fair to staff, its not their fault if the number of submissions for that breed are limited. I looked through the contest thread. there was only 5 actual tundra submissions to pick from. One of the submissions didnt even have a "Judging" version just a preview. so it was probably not qualified. there was only 4 tundra submissions for staff to pick from if you dont count that one. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/search/forums?topicid=2959791&term=Tundra][search link][/url] Edit: I just wanted to add there is one submission for tundras [i]really[/i] like by Tomswifty i think its cute! [/quote] Logic and sound reasoning? In this sacred land of foolishness? Never! How dare you! What devilry is upon us when a charlatan such as yourself refuses to let fair folk complain nonsensically and instead finds a perfectly reasonable explanation? Psh! Pah! I never. (edit: I also think the Tomswifty one was super adorable, it's my favorite of those tundra submissions)
Kapow wrote on 2021-01-24 12:42:31:
Lets be fair to staff, its not their fault if the number of submissions for that breed are limited.
I looked through the contest thread.
there was only 5 actual tundra submissions to pick from.
One of the submissions didnt even have a "Judging" version just a preview. so it was probably not qualified. there was only 4 tundra submissions for staff to pick from if you dont count that one.
[search link]

Edit: I just wanted to add there is one submission for tundras really like by Tomswifty i think its cute!

Logic and sound reasoning? In this sacred land of foolishness? Never! How dare you! What devilry is upon us when a charlatan such as yourself refuses to let fair folk complain nonsensically and instead finds a perfectly reasonable explanation? Psh! Pah! I never.

(edit: I also think the Tomswifty one was super adorable, it's my favorite of those tundra submissions)
[quote name="Explosiveroses" date="2021-01-24 12:07:51" ] No Tundra winners for the Ice Festival...? ): That's pretty sad. Also, did you guys forget Capricorn exists? You kind of went from Scorpio to Aquarius with the familiars. [/quote] There were only like, 5 Tundra [i]entries[/i] in the whole contest. And with [b]11[/b] Flights and [b]12[/b] Zodiac signs, one of them was always going to end up being skipped with regards to Elemental festivals. Capricorn is the sign for Dec 21 - Jan 20, and Crystalline Gala has begun in Aquarius season, so Capricorn is the one skipped.
Explosiveroses wrote on 2021-01-24 12:07:51:
No Tundra winners for the Ice Festival...? ): That's pretty sad.

Also, did you guys forget Capricorn exists? You kind of went from Scorpio to Aquarius with the familiars.

There were only like, 5 Tundra entries in the whole contest.

And with 11 Flights and 12 Zodiac signs, one of them was always going to end up being skipped with regards to Elemental festivals. Capricorn is the sign for Dec 21 - Jan 20, and Crystalline Gala has begun in Aquarius season, so Capricorn is the one skipped.
Dang that familiar do be making me uncomfortable tho - great art but, o.o
Dang that familiar do be making me uncomfortable tho - great art but, o.o
Rene2.png

Wishlist
Art shop
xxxxxxxxx shellbubble.gif
[quote name="Eindride" date="2021-01-24 13:05:06" ] that familiar do be making me uncomfortable tho - great art but, o.o [/quote] He makes me uncomfortable too... As previously stated: [quote name="kyrin18" date="2021-01-24 11:36:43" ] I can tell the staff put work into the new/recolored items, and the apparel is stunning (10/10 stars), however... He's the kind of thing that'd give me nightmares if I ever had seen him in a kids movie back then. I adore seals, but... maybe it's the look on his face? Something about him is just.. odd. [/quote] So yeah, if I get the familiar, it'll only to be to re-sell later on.
Eindride wrote on 2021-01-24 13:05:06:
that familiar do be making me uncomfortable tho - great art but, o.o

He makes me uncomfortable too... As previously stated:
kyrin18 wrote on 2021-01-24 11:36:43:
I can tell the staff put work into the new/recolored items, and the apparel is stunning (10/10 stars), however... He's the kind of thing that'd give me nightmares if I ever had seen him in a kids movie back then.

I adore seals, but... maybe it's the look on his face? Something about him is just.. odd.

So yeah, if I get the familiar, it'll only to be to re-sell later on.
73127854.png
Lonely, shy & in need of friends? Read Misaki's Bio.

Item Wishlist | [LF] Pearl XXY/XYY G1 (M), Sanguine XXY, XYY G1 (M)
Happy Gala! The new accents and items are lovely!

I especially adore the Aquarius familiar! They're beautiful, and I always appreciate seeing chubbier characters among the humanoid creatures. <3
Happy Gala! The new accents and items are lovely!

I especially adore the Aquarius familiar! They're beautiful, and I always appreciate seeing chubbier characters among the humanoid creatures. <3
rainbow-flag-6stripe.png Griff {} she/they
I agree that not seeing any tundra skin is sad, but as Kapow said, it's understandable (Even if the actual number of tundra entries is 14, that's still not that many when there's 157 submission post and they can have up to 2 entries)

That said, although a lot of my favorite entries won, I would like the staff widened ice's aesthetic. I feel is purely ice/snow and chains? I really like it (especially the darker side of ice) but I feel people want ice to expand its aesthetic.

There were a lot of very well done climber skins or like Tomswiftly's adorable tundra entry and now people mentioning how ice's skins feel same-y, so to me it's very clear we as a community want more options for ice. Maybe Himalaya climbers and reindeer are too Earth-y for the staff but I would love more options and colors for ice.

That said, the skins chosen are still really good and I love the new apparel and scene. Also, that aquarius is cute and I like them very much [eyes emoji]
I agree that not seeing any tundra skin is sad, but as Kapow said, it's understandable (Even if the actual number of tundra entries is 14, that's still not that many when there's 157 submission post and they can have up to 2 entries)

That said, although a lot of my favorite entries won, I would like the staff widened ice's aesthetic. I feel is purely ice/snow and chains? I really like it (especially the darker side of ice) but I feel people want ice to expand its aesthetic.

There were a lot of very well done climber skins or like Tomswiftly's adorable tundra entry and now people mentioning how ice's skins feel same-y, so to me it's very clear we as a community want more options for ice. Maybe Himalaya climbers and reindeer are too Earth-y for the staff but I would love more options and colors for ice.

That said, the skins chosen are still really good and I love the new apparel and scene. Also, that aquarius is cute and I like them very much [eyes emoji]
rairai_by_thecomposerrn-dbrohjs.pngaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame_me_by_thecomposerrn-dbrogh4.png
Oooh yay :D Happy Crystaline Gala everyone!! :D ^^) Aww I love the new apparel & Familiar, he's so chonky! WinterPearl & WinterHeart are soo happy for the new items! ^^) Oooh those skins & accents, they're so pretty, great job to everyone!! ...I need like one of each.. XD side note tho, glad to see there's more for the Ancients, but uh.. what happened to the Tundras?? Only now noticed since others pointed it out XD so gorgeous, great job!! [center][emoji=snowflake size=1][emoji=ice rune size=1][emoji=snowflake size=1][/center] Also, here's my girls, wishing everyone a wonderful & warm holiday! WinterHeart-- [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/398690/39868902_350.png[/img] WinterPearl-- [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/353662/35366179_350.png[/img] [center][emoji=snowflake size=1][emoji=ice rune size=1][emoji=snowflake size=1][/center]
Oooh yay :D
Happy Crystaline Gala everyone!! :D ^^)
Aww I love the new apparel & Familiar, he's so chonky! WinterPearl & WinterHeart are soo happy for the new items! ^^)
Oooh those skins & accents, they're so pretty, great job to everyone!!
...I need like one of each.. XD
side note tho, glad to see there's more for the Ancients, but uh.. what happened to the Tundras?? Only now noticed since others pointed it out XD
so gorgeous, great job!!
Also, here's my girls, wishing everyone a wonderful & warm holiday!
WinterHeart--
39868902_350.png
WinterPearl--
35366179_350.png
tumblr_inline_naxjlrHYbk1qg78ij.png
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 53 54