Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Need Help Understanding New Coli Build
1 2
Hey everyone! I'm trying to test out a new build for my dragons. They are both level 22. The new build I found is a mage build instead of a physical build known as the Mire Flyer. I'm sure part of the reason why I am struggling is that a) because my dragons are not level 25 yet and b) I'm consequently not grinding in the Mire just yet! But I have a hard time believing that I would be a lot slower with this build than the last one that I had. Do you guys have any recommendations? Or did I really just mess things up for myself? lol
Hey everyone! I'm trying to test out a new build for my dragons. They are both level 22. The new build I found is a mage build instead of a physical build known as the Mire Flyer. I'm sure part of the reason why I am struggling is that a) because my dragons are not level 25 yet and b) I'm consequently not grinding in the Mire just yet! But I have a hard time believing that I would be a lot slower with this build than the last one that I had. Do you guys have any recommendations? Or did I really just mess things up for myself? lol
@Chordling

Next time please include links to your dragons and what venue you're in so that we're not trying to dig through your lair and trying to guess.

However, assuming you mean Shyama and Alpin in some venue of at least L17 you need to keep in mind that Meditate has a 75% damage debuff to physically damaging attacks like Eliminate and Sap.

This looks like a Meditate Monk sort of build.

That means you need to wait out the damage debuff before trying to hit anything.

Attack order:

Meditate
Meditate
Haste (1st turn debuffed)
Haste (2nd turn debuffed)
Eliminate

If the monster has equal to or fewer HP than the damage your dragon does Eliminate's breath cost is refunded. If not, you lose the cost and have to Meditate at some future time when you don't have enough breath. Keep track of your debuff amount or watch the little debuff icon above your dragon so you know when it ends.

Hope this helps!
@Chordling

Next time please include links to your dragons and what venue you're in so that we're not trying to dig through your lair and trying to guess.

However, assuming you mean Shyama and Alpin in some venue of at least L17 you need to keep in mind that Meditate has a 75% damage debuff to physically damaging attacks like Eliminate and Sap.

This looks like a Meditate Monk sort of build.

That means you need to wait out the damage debuff before trying to hit anything.

Attack order:

Meditate
Meditate
Haste (1st turn debuffed)
Haste (2nd turn debuffed)
Eliminate

If the monster has equal to or fewer HP than the damage your dragon does Eliminate's breath cost is refunded. If not, you lose the cost and have to Meditate at some future time when you don't have enough breath. Keep track of your debuff amount or watch the little debuff icon above your dragon so you know when it ends.

Hope this helps!
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Chordling
Level absolutely matters because Rally applies a boost that scales with level. As in, a Rally casted by a level 22 and a 25 don't give the same benefit; the 25's is better.

You can bring builds that are specific to a venue elsewhere, but you'll have the most success when the dragons are the maximum level.

That aside, remember that Meditate applies a personal debuff on physical attacks for a few turns when you use it. This may be what's causing you to be slower than before.
@Chordling
Level absolutely matters because Rally applies a boost that scales with level. As in, a Rally casted by a level 22 and a 25 don't give the same benefit; the 25's is better.

You can bring builds that are specific to a venue elsewhere, but you'll have the most success when the dragons are the maximum level.

That aside, remember that Meditate applies a personal debuff on physical attacks for a few turns when you use it. This may be what's causing you to be slower than before.
fo11Vhp.png
@Chordling
meditate builds can be pretty hard to get used to compared to scratch ones, but the main thing you need to be aware of is that eliminate won't do much damage as long as the meditate debuff is active, so you'll need to use buffs or defend until it wears off to get the full damage
I personally haven't used a meditate build myself so I can't go into much more detail without knowing specifics, but I hope this helps
@Chordling
meditate builds can be pretty hard to get used to compared to scratch ones, but the main thing you need to be aware of is that eliminate won't do much damage as long as the meditate debuff is active, so you'll need to use buffs or defend until it wears off to get the full damage
I personally haven't used a meditate build myself so I can't go into much more detail without knowing specifics, but I hope this helps
unknown.png
How is the attack order applied? And are my dragons Hasting themselves or each other? My dragons have three turns each before the enemy attacks when I battle in Crystal Pools for example with this rotation:

Alpin
Alpin
Shyama
Shyama
Alpin
Shyama

So would I have Alpin Mediate Twice and then Shyama Haste twice?
How is the attack order applied? And are my dragons Hasting themselves or each other? My dragons have three turns each before the enemy attacks when I battle in Crystal Pools for example with this rotation:

Alpin
Alpin
Shyama
Shyama
Alpin
Shyama

So would I have Alpin Mediate Twice and then Shyama Haste twice?
I apologize if I miss responses, you guys are helpful and quick! The problem I seem to be running into is that I cannot shake off the Meditate debuff fast enough with Haste.
I apologize if I miss responses, you guys are helpful and quick! The problem I seem to be running into is that I cannot shake off the Meditate debuff fast enough with Haste.
@Chordling

No.

That's the attack order for each dragon--each dragon will Haste themselves. The meditate monk build is actually a 2 fodder build because it gets enough turns to charge up Eliminate in the first battle when it fights alone.

Edit: Actually, trade out the second Haste for Rally. Missed that the first time.

Sticking two together is very slow and both dragons will end up taking much more damage due to the larger number of rounds it will take before they can kill anything. Your dragons dying before they can charge themselves up is pretty normal when you combine two monks like that. If you had one with Scratch you'd fare better but it's still not a great combination.
@Chordling

No.

That's the attack order for each dragon--each dragon will Haste themselves. The meditate monk build is actually a 2 fodder build because it gets enough turns to charge up Eliminate in the first battle when it fights alone.

Edit: Actually, trade out the second Haste for Rally. Missed that the first time.

Sticking two together is very slow and both dragons will end up taking much more damage due to the larger number of rounds it will take before they can kill anything. Your dragons dying before they can charge themselves up is pretty normal when you combine two monks like that. If you had one with Scratch you'd fare better but it's still not a great combination.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
Oh, that's interesting! I am still having trouble getting enough turns to shake off the meditate debuff but I'm going to chalk that up to being sub-level.
Oh, that's interesting! I am still having trouble getting enough turns to shake off the meditate debuff but I'm going to chalk that up to being sub-level.
@Chordling

It takes 2 turns after your last Meditate for the debuff to wear off. Depending on the venue you're in and your relative QCK to the monsters and whether or not they are physical or magical attackers they'll get in shots.

Honestly, I don't know what final build you're going for nor what venue you're currently in. Ambush x2 only gets you 2 turns guaranteed before monsters can attack. Higher QCK could help (hence Haste) and then Rally to increase your damage.

You might also want to choose better starting mobs. All mages is your best bet followed by 2 magic/1 physical and then 2 physical if possible. To avoid starting on mobs of 4 or all physical mobs take a look at what the mob is before attacking.

Good start mob? Proceed. Bad start mob? Reload the page and try again. As long as it is the turn of one of your dragons you won't lose energy for reloading the page.
@Chordling

It takes 2 turns after your last Meditate for the debuff to wear off. Depending on the venue you're in and your relative QCK to the monsters and whether or not they are physical or magical attackers they'll get in shots.

Honestly, I don't know what final build you're going for nor what venue you're currently in. Ambush x2 only gets you 2 turns guaranteed before monsters can attack. Higher QCK could help (hence Haste) and then Rally to increase your damage.

You might also want to choose better starting mobs. All mages is your best bet followed by 2 magic/1 physical and then 2 physical if possible. To avoid starting on mobs of 4 or all physical mobs take a look at what the mob is before attacking.

Good start mob? Proceed. Bad start mob? Reload the page and try again. As long as it is the turn of one of your dragons you won't lose energy for reloading the page.

This is sooo interesting! I have only ever made glass cannons and haven't delved into the nuances of coli builds before. I have a link to the New Coli Guide, but found it overwhelming. Everyone here is so good at explaining. As I said...so interesting! I may have to bite the bullet and dive in.

(I may also have to limit my metaphors.)
This is sooo interesting! I have only ever made glass cannons and haven't delved into the nuances of coli builds before. I have a link to the New Coli Guide, but found it overwhelming. Everyone here is so good at explaining. As I said...so interesting! I may have to bite the bullet and dive in.

(I may also have to limit my metaphors.)
UTakosS.pngY5AUp2a.gif qzV0stX.png
1 2