Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Who else has designed a story?
1 2 3
Every night I go to bed I continue a story in my head and every year I make a new character and every new year night my previous one dies I've been doing this for about 3 years and my character Alexander died yesterday (if you want more information on his life privately message me). I loved him so much I actually cried when he died my next character is Theago and I'm excited to start designing his life. Should I write my characters stories down into a real book?
Every night I go to bed I continue a story in my head and every year I make a new character and every new year night my previous one dies I've been doing this for about 3 years and my character Alexander died yesterday (if you want more information on his life privately message me). I loved him so much I actually cried when he died my next character is Theago and I'm excited to start designing his life. Should I write my characters stories down into a real book?
Untitled134.png
INEEDMOTHCHILDREN
Always working on lair and Wishlist ;-;
carrd
Sketch Shop!!!
Holiday Adopts!
Untitled228.png
ABOUT ME
Art | Roleplay
FR+0
click images for chibi shop!
DragonFruit Baby
Untitled22_2.png
I also have designed a bunch of characters and stories in my head! I've never actually gotten around to cataloguing and writing it all out but I really, really should.
I also have designed a bunch of characters and stories in my head! I've never actually gotten around to cataloguing and writing it all out but I really, really should.
tumblr_inline_mjvop8mMef1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_md2y0qnWDS1qk1or3.gif
i do this every day just working on stories in my head for fun i have hundreds locked up in my head at this point but im trash at conveying them in any type of verbal or literary means so they're just still my little happy fantasy's only for me
i do this every day just working on stories in my head for fun i have hundreds locked up in my head at this point but im trash at conveying them in any type of verbal or literary means so they're just still my little happy fantasy's only for me
oh yeah I have countless ones and still going, and it's fun to note them down even if it's just in unpresentable notes. I do sometimes put mine into actual comics or written stories, but until I get around to that I just write it all in notes or a script format.

I personally did a similar thing; each night I used to make up a story as I lie in bed. For me it was sometimes a different character each day, and sometimes the same one. Even if it was the same one, they could still die in the end each night, haha..
Nowadays I make my stories during the day too, (well, I did make them during the day before, too) and usually use characters I've developed overtime rather than making a new one each day.

also @FumblingNarwhal that's a really cool concept of the yearly character thing! But at the same time I think it should be ok for you to continue having a character if it's your favorite. Don't wanna let your fun turn into something that could be harmful to you ^^;;
I think it's perfectly fine to have decided a character's canonical death and yet keep using them as if it just hasn't happened yet, I do it all the time.

Yep main characters are a funny thing.. Writers are a funny thing too lol; we want a special, important death for our main characters, but at the same time we want to make them immortal. We write their beginning, but we want to write their end too; to know and create everything about them. And there's nothing wrong with bringing them back, or continuing to use them in a timeline before they died.
oh yeah I have countless ones and still going, and it's fun to note them down even if it's just in unpresentable notes. I do sometimes put mine into actual comics or written stories, but until I get around to that I just write it all in notes or a script format.

I personally did a similar thing; each night I used to make up a story as I lie in bed. For me it was sometimes a different character each day, and sometimes the same one. Even if it was the same one, they could still die in the end each night, haha..
Nowadays I make my stories during the day too, (well, I did make them during the day before, too) and usually use characters I've developed overtime rather than making a new one each day.

also @FumblingNarwhal that's a really cool concept of the yearly character thing! But at the same time I think it should be ok for you to continue having a character if it's your favorite. Don't wanna let your fun turn into something that could be harmful to you ^^;;
I think it's perfectly fine to have decided a character's canonical death and yet keep using them as if it just hasn't happened yet, I do it all the time.

Yep main characters are a funny thing.. Writers are a funny thing too lol; we want a special, important death for our main characters, but at the same time we want to make them immortal. We write their beginning, but we want to write their end too; to know and create everything about them. And there's nothing wrong with bringing them back, or continuing to use them in a timeline before they died.
68572896.png88337571.pnghe / him 110.png be kind pls87747951.png64198642.png
I mainly do it with my fandoms. All the time. Editing it constantly, never having a set timeline, 64% trash at least. 99% ships. I love my ships.

If you want to hear my ideas that haven't made it out yet, PM me for these fandoms:
-Hollow Knight (Sillsong Hype)
-Journey
-ABZÛ
-Splatoon (be ready for a whole lot of Callie/Dedf1sh)
I mainly do it with my fandoms. All the time. Editing it constantly, never having a set timeline, 64% trash at least. 99% ships. I love my ships.

If you want to hear my ideas that haven't made it out yet, PM me for these fandoms:
-Hollow Knight (Sillsong Hype)
-Journey
-ABZÛ
-Splatoon (be ready for a whole lot of Callie/Dedf1sh)
cfa4eab0-1638-11eb-9b4b-e1371d599c63.gifUntitled304.pngFRArtIcon.pngFR_UMA_Icon.pngFRNestIcon.png
~ Luck of the Best Bois ~ FR+3 She/her
I've actually got a *sheety* story I've been writing, but with only 23 pages :(
I've actually got a *sheety* story I've been writing, but with only 23 pages :(
bbbbbbbb.png16454.png sprites.png

coatlshoppe.png
I have a whole lot of stories and concepts!

That yearly character thing sounds amazing...you should definitely write those down!
I have a whole lot of stories and concepts!

That yearly character thing sounds amazing...you should definitely write those down!
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
i constantly make up stories in my head :P basically just go 'ok who can i mess with today and how?' then run with it lol
i constantly make up stories in my head :P basically just go 'ok who can i mess with today and how?' then run with it lol
I've probably got hundreds of characters. It definitely started as a fandom thing (I remember when I first started this, it was a black butler thing where I inserted myself as an OC, as William's kid lmao) but nowadays I almost only use OCs. It's stupidly difficult for me not to go on and on about my favorite OC I've ever made, and his boyfriend. They're freaking precious and I love them to death. I will gladly write a massive block of text if anyone's curious. Feel free to PM me and you'll probably get information about this one universe that could fit like 2 pages on a Google doc, single-spaced...
And yes I meant this "one" universe. I have many. Very few of them are fandoms nowadays.
I'd love to write stories for my characters, I tried once, but I'm horrible with coming up with a plotline. I have my characters, I've been developing them for literally 8 years, so they're very fleshed out. The issue is... What are they supposed to do? What's the conflict? ;-;
I've probably got hundreds of characters. It definitely started as a fandom thing (I remember when I first started this, it was a black butler thing where I inserted myself as an OC, as William's kid lmao) but nowadays I almost only use OCs. It's stupidly difficult for me not to go on and on about my favorite OC I've ever made, and his boyfriend. They're freaking precious and I love them to death. I will gladly write a massive block of text if anyone's curious. Feel free to PM me and you'll probably get information about this one universe that could fit like 2 pages on a Google doc, single-spaced...
And yes I meant this "one" universe. I have many. Very few of them are fandoms nowadays.
I'd love to write stories for my characters, I tried once, but I'm horrible with coming up with a plotline. I have my characters, I've been developing them for literally 8 years, so they're very fleshed out. The issue is... What are they supposed to do? What's the conflict? ;-;
tumblr_pyegmoMJkS1ugssd3o3_250.png n4H37dx.png
1vAtYxM.png
o7ZCFYm.png
B8HmiZX.png
d3OF3Gw.png
QUIpVFE.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
J7D1quC.png
YUzmw5z.png
I love making up stories in my head just before I fall asleep because sometimes it'll eventually get into my dreams. Also, helps me fall asleep quicker too.

I never write them down tho. I'm too lazy for that.
I love making up stories in my head just before I fall asleep because sometimes it'll eventually get into my dreams. Also, helps me fall asleep quicker too.

I never write them down tho. I'm too lazy for that.
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
1 2 3