Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Survey: Retirement of Holiday Familiars
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 52 53
I voted they should retire...I don't honestly care much, I just don't want a December event. We went through the concept of a December event earlier and the verdict was DO NOT WANT -- I still feel that way.

I'm not sure this suggestion is really addressing the issue that people keep hashing out, over and over, in the comments -- the real issue seems to be that in the beginning no one knew what the frack we were even doing, so early stuff is super rare because no one either a) realized what they should do to get it or b) didn't have any idea that the same stuff wouldn't be back next X-Whatever festival, so didn't stress.

Now /using the site/ is much friendlier in general -- information on how game play works is actually provided in official posts, instead of being fan-compiled, piecemeal -- so we know to make sure there's a good stock of familiars. So I don't think that, /going forward/, it really matters whether or not they're brought back.

I think the only way that the general unhappiness at the scarcity of items from the first 3-4 months of the game is going to be addressed if they're brought back (which is completely outside the scope of this current suggestion) and if you do, people are going to be unhappy that you did. But I think there should probably be a conversation that is officially /about/ that -- because the one thing this thread is revealing is that there's a lot of bad feeling festering about it.
I voted they should retire...I don't honestly care much, I just don't want a December event. We went through the concept of a December event earlier and the verdict was DO NOT WANT -- I still feel that way.

I'm not sure this suggestion is really addressing the issue that people keep hashing out, over and over, in the comments -- the real issue seems to be that in the beginning no one knew what the frack we were even doing, so early stuff is super rare because no one either a) realized what they should do to get it or b) didn't have any idea that the same stuff wouldn't be back next X-Whatever festival, so didn't stress.

Now /using the site/ is much friendlier in general -- information on how game play works is actually provided in official posts, instead of being fan-compiled, piecemeal -- so we know to make sure there's a good stock of familiars. So I don't think that, /going forward/, it really matters whether or not they're brought back.

I think the only way that the general unhappiness at the scarcity of items from the first 3-4 months of the game is going to be addressed if they're brought back (which is completely outside the scope of this current suggestion) and if you do, people are going to be unhappy that you did. But I think there should probably be a conversation that is officially /about/ that -- because the one thing this thread is revealing is that there's a lot of bad feeling festering about it.
I'm guessing December re-release is inevitable. The folks not in favor seem to be the folks who've been around since the start and are outnumbered at least 40 to 1 if you believe the registration window stats. Newbies want a shot at the familiars and there are a lot more newbies.

Just please don't make the December event something you can grind. That's one month I'd like to see offline things take precedence in my household and well... I know my family where computer games are concerned. *wry*
I'm guessing December re-release is inevitable. The folks not in favor seem to be the folks who've been around since the start and are outnumbered at least 40 to 1 if you believe the registration window stats. Newbies want a shot at the familiars and there are a lot more newbies.

Just please don't make the December event something you can grind. That's one month I'd like to see offline things take precedence in my household and well... I know my family where computer games are concerned. *wry*
b9aWflB.png
Petition to add "this poll is NOT for rereleasing the retired sprites" to the OP @Undel, since half the discussion here seems to center around that exact topic, and not everyone is going to take the time to read all 42 pages of posts, or find your little reply on page... 17? about this poll not including them. But most people are going to at least read the first post. so. yeah. please. add your reply on page 17 to the first post.

And still curious on if the december event is going to include the unreleased half of the familiar set that comes after december or not... Or if the december event is only going to have half the familiars and we have to wait til the following december for the other half of them?
Petition to add "this poll is NOT for rereleasing the retired sprites" to the OP @Undel, since half the discussion here seems to center around that exact topic, and not everyone is going to take the time to read all 42 pages of posts, or find your little reply on page... 17? about this poll not including them. But most people are going to at least read the first post. so. yeah. please. add your reply on page 17 to the first post.

And still curious on if the december event is going to include the unreleased half of the familiar set that comes after december or not... Or if the december event is only going to have half the familiars and we have to wait til the following december for the other half of them?
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
Undel, since the day this thread went up, already wrote in the opening post-- [quote]this would affect the upcoming June 2014-May2015 familiars only. We are not proposing to bring currently retired familiars out of retirement.[/quote] --which is a more concise way of wording the elaboration she made back on page 17. That people think light sprites, or sprites in general, are year [b]2014-2015[/b] familiars really...is not Undel's fault. Just sayin'. Edit because technicalities: Some sprites are from 2014 obviously, but they certainly aren't from June and onward. Either way, the following sentence should be clarification enough.
Undel, since the day this thread went up, already wrote in the opening post--
Quote:
this would affect the upcoming June 2014-May2015 familiars only. We are not proposing to bring currently retired familiars out of retirement.
--which is a more concise way of wording the elaboration she made back on page 17.

That people think light sprites, or sprites in general, are year 2014-2015 familiars really...is not Undel's fault. Just sayin'.

Edit because technicalities: Some sprites are from 2014 obviously, but they certainly aren't from June and onward. Either way, the following sentence should be clarification enough.
fHGB08h.pngL23xQYU.png7mLVMIs.pngMFS4FG3.pngbF8eZtf.pngF19dEBb.png
I voted against the re-release because I don't like the idea of missing out on a December event. It sounds like it could be fun, but it's a big holiday season, and I probably won't have FR time. I was under the impression that the Crystalline Gala was moved over to January, making December the "dead month", because many people have holiday commitments that month.
I voted against the re-release because I don't like the idea of missing out on a December event. It sounds like it could be fun, but it's a big holiday season, and I probably won't have FR time. I was under the impression that the Crystalline Gala was moved over to January, making December the "dead month", because many people have holiday commitments that month.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
[quote name="Rubellite" date="2014-06-16 20:46:56"]Undel, since the day this thread went up, already wrote in the opening post-- [quote]this would affect the upcoming June 2014-May2015 familiars only. We are not proposing to bring currently retired familiars out of retirement.[/quote] --which is a more concise way of wording the elaboration she made back on page 17. That people think light sprites, or sprites in general, are year [b]2014-2015[/b] familiars really...is not Undel's fault. Just sayin'.[/quote] Hear, hear. It is a bit ridiculous, ain't it? :P
Rubellite wrote on 2014-06-16 20:46:56:
Undel, since the day this thread went up, already wrote in the opening post--
Quote:
this would affect the upcoming June 2014-May2015 familiars only. We are not proposing to bring currently retired familiars out of retirement.
--which is a more concise way of wording the elaboration she made back on page 17.

That people think light sprites, or sprites in general, are year 2014-2015 familiars really...is not Undel's fault. Just sayin'.

Hear, hear. It is a bit ridiculous, ain't it? :P
I don't think people are confused about previous verses future familiars; people are just taking this chance to state their thoughts on a very passionate issue about rereleasing retired items.
I don't think people are confused about previous verses future familiars; people are just taking this chance to state their thoughts on a very passionate issue about rereleasing retired items.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2014-06-15 22:14:34"] And I do think it's justified to call an older user who worked for five minutes during a festival and wants other users to pay him/her millions or tens of millions for whichever item. Look at the work put in from buying a Light Sprite during the jubilee (one day's worth of gathering which people do anyway) version the weeks if not months of grinding others have to do for the same item.[/quote] (I haven't read through the rest of the comments, but I figured that this should be addressed) I can assure you that for some of the holidays it took more that five minutes to even load up a single page. So grinding or trying to dig for the holiday currency took more like hours. Not all of the older players are greedy. We just like to show our battle scars. But on a different note. I voted no to the December event. First of all, it would be in the middle of the cycle. How would that even work? Unless it isn't until the following December? But Ice's holiday was moved to January because of the RL holidays... Also, how would this work? If we do go this way would the next event be the same way? I say if you are here for the holiday, great. Taking five minutes and digging every day during the festival more often than not nets you enough currency to buy at least one of each of the favors. Or if not, just buy it. Holiday familiars don't get that expensive until three or four months after the fact and even then most aren't Light Sprite level.
gemajgall wrote on 2014-06-15 22:14:34:
And I do think it's justified to call an older user who worked for five minutes during a festival and wants other users to pay him/her millions or tens of millions for whichever item. Look at the work put in from buying a Light Sprite during the jubilee (one day's worth of gathering which people do anyway) version the weeks if not months of grinding others have to do for the same item.

(I haven't read through the rest of the comments, but I figured that this should be addressed)
I can assure you that for some of the holidays it took more that five minutes to even load up a single page. So grinding or trying to dig for the holiday currency took more like hours.
Not all of the older players are greedy. We just like to show our battle scars.

But on a different note.
I voted no to the December event. First of all, it would be in the middle of the cycle. How would that even work? Unless it isn't until the following December?
But Ice's holiday was moved to January because of the RL holidays...
Also, how would this work? If we do go this way would the next event be the same way?

I say if you are here for the holiday, great. Taking five minutes and digging every day during the festival more often than not nets you enough currency to buy at least one of each of the favors. Or if not, just buy it. Holiday familiars don't get that expensive until three or four months after the fact and even then most aren't Light Sprite level.
I've been playing since the beginning, and I own every sprite, but unlike you young whippersnappers I voted in favor of the December event.

Weird.

Everyone seems to be arguing about what the "true issue" here is, be it first-year sprite rarity, rarity in general, opacity of instructions. The true issue here is the poll, which was gratuitiously provided in extra large font. [bad sarcasm attempt]

Realtalk though, for me it's an issue of whether I like being nice or not, and giving people a second chance.

Also is the poll not working?? Is it done??? I can't see the results, but I used to be able to.
I've been playing since the beginning, and I own every sprite, but unlike you young whippersnappers I voted in favor of the December event.

Weird.

Everyone seems to be arguing about what the "true issue" here is, be it first-year sprite rarity, rarity in general, opacity of instructions. The true issue here is the poll, which was gratuitiously provided in extra large font. [bad sarcasm attempt]

Realtalk though, for me it's an issue of whether I like being nice or not, and giving people a second chance.

Also is the poll not working?? Is it done??? I can't see the results, but I used to be able to.
As a newbie, one would expect me to comply to such an event. Wouldn't it be great that we could have a second chance to acquire familliars missed?

My biggest thing is December should be a time spent with family, it should also not be given any sort of event -ever-. I understand that not everyone has the time to do holidays, but To comply with such an event would be awful to the older members who spent the time to get what they needed. There are raffles that happen, many players do a payment over time option for exorbitant priced items. Despite the biggest argument saying things get upwards in the millions and many people don't have the time to do holiday-I'm sorry to say that you need to suck it up- . If you missed the holiday, it'd be the same as if you missed a holiday event in real life. Do they give you second chances to go? No you just go next year and experience it differently than you would've if you've gone last year.

I didn't join until April of 2014, but I don't sit there and cry because woe as me I can't afford a light sprite. If I really wanted it that bad, I'd save up and get it like the rest of everyone else. Yes it'd take me a while, but if I'm determined I could do it. It's been 9 months since last starfall but if you look at my barnabas you'll see I managed to get him a near full set of first season holiday gear. The priciest of it all was the spellscroll for 320k (that I'm still paying off at the moment). If people were willing to work with me to afford the items I wanted, I'm pretty sure there are people who are willing to work with you to get what you Want as well.

I'm in concurrence with all the questions and flaws posted about this event. It's too vague, too unwieldy and just plain wrong to do. Mari out.
As a newbie, one would expect me to comply to such an event. Wouldn't it be great that we could have a second chance to acquire familliars missed?

My biggest thing is December should be a time spent with family, it should also not be given any sort of event -ever-. I understand that not everyone has the time to do holidays, but To comply with such an event would be awful to the older members who spent the time to get what they needed. There are raffles that happen, many players do a payment over time option for exorbitant priced items. Despite the biggest argument saying things get upwards in the millions and many people don't have the time to do holiday-I'm sorry to say that you need to suck it up- . If you missed the holiday, it'd be the same as if you missed a holiday event in real life. Do they give you second chances to go? No you just go next year and experience it differently than you would've if you've gone last year.

I didn't join until April of 2014, but I don't sit there and cry because woe as me I can't afford a light sprite. If I really wanted it that bad, I'd save up and get it like the rest of everyone else. Yes it'd take me a while, but if I'm determined I could do it. It's been 9 months since last starfall but if you look at my barnabas you'll see I managed to get him a near full set of first season holiday gear. The priciest of it all was the spellscroll for 320k (that I'm still paying off at the moment). If people were willing to work with me to afford the items I wanted, I'm pretty sure there are people who are willing to work with you to get what you Want as well.

I'm in concurrence with all the questions and flaws posted about this event. It's too vague, too unwieldy and just plain wrong to do. Mari out.
27HH2Wo.png
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 52 53