Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Survey: Retirement of Holiday Familiars
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 52 53
I absolutely think giving them a rare chance at returning is great. Quite honestly the "OMG! My rare item is a tiny bit less rare!" sentiment is one I don't understand. I like having special things, and sure, sometimes it's great to earn easy money instead of putting in an effort (like spending time playing games or buying/selling less fast-profit things than rare items), but NEITHER of those things make me as happy as the possibility that someone can actually have a chance to get their hands on an item they really really want. Like... if I have an extra of a rare familiar and I know someone who wants it because they love it, I'd give it to them, because having fun in the game is what matters and not "being rich"? To me at least :P
I absolutely think giving them a rare chance at returning is great. Quite honestly the "OMG! My rare item is a tiny bit less rare!" sentiment is one I don't understand. I like having special things, and sure, sometimes it's great to earn easy money instead of putting in an effort (like spending time playing games or buying/selling less fast-profit things than rare items), but NEITHER of those things make me as happy as the possibility that someone can actually have a chance to get their hands on an item they really really want. Like... if I have an extra of a rare familiar and I know someone who wants it because they love it, I'd give it to them, because having fun in the game is what matters and not "being rich"? To me at least :P
voted for them to return < 3

even though i was here since the FR launched, i never managed to get everything since the whole site was buggy as hell ;A; i'd love to hoard on all the sprites a little bit more c:
voted for them to return < 3

even though i was here since the FR launched, i never managed to get everything since the whole site was buggy as hell ;A; i'd love to hoard on all the sprites a little bit more c:
animated_raven_avatar_by_ptarionn-d75rdxu.gif Art Shopraven_new_icon_by_ptarionn-d7r8zn9.gif Tumblrraven_icon_2015_by_ptarionn-d8t4cru.png
Just checked my answer and I said it incorrectly , I meant to say I want them to not retire.
Just checked my answer and I said it incorrectly , I meant to say I want them to not retire.
arceus-and-the-dragon-trio-o.gif
I voted for this, under the assumption it does NOT in ANY WAY include the 2013-2014 SPRITES. If it includes those, I retract my vote for it. Too much of my capital is wrapped up in Light/fire/etc sprites to have them suddenly go down in value again.
I voted for this, under the assumption it does NOT in ANY WAY include the 2013-2014 SPRITES. If it includes those, I retract my vote for it. Too much of my capital is wrapped up in Light/fire/etc sprites to have them suddenly go down in value again.
1Fannish_Shop_MediumV2_zps1cce32cb.png
Where we ship it. --Join us for Reserves, trades, contests and more!
Speaking as someone who's dealt with this kinds of decisions before, I feel like it's much better to create the possibility of getting them inside of a december event.

To those who complain about 'it makes it less rare!' trust me, no, it really doesn't. As the site grows in terms of a userbase, retired items ultimately become rarer and rarer. Sure there are extras floating around now, but that won't last forever. Giving a chance of getting them through other means later ultimately keeps these items inside of the market place in some fashion, instead of every single one just sitting inside of a persons collection. Because there is nothing worse, and nothing that is most sure to help kill interest to a collector, than an absolutely impossible to get piece of the collection.
Speaking as someone who's dealt with this kinds of decisions before, I feel like it's much better to create the possibility of getting them inside of a december event.

To those who complain about 'it makes it less rare!' trust me, no, it really doesn't. As the site grows in terms of a userbase, retired items ultimately become rarer and rarer. Sure there are extras floating around now, but that won't last forever. Giving a chance of getting them through other means later ultimately keeps these items inside of the market place in some fashion, instead of every single one just sitting inside of a persons collection. Because there is nothing worse, and nothing that is most sure to help kill interest to a collector, than an absolutely impossible to get piece of the collection.
Voting for retirement - I can't believe how many newbies are shooting themselves in the foot by voting otherwise. =/

I'll skip pointing out about loyalty perks, ad revenue, the fairness factor, and everything else that has been brought up and debated to bring up this:

The Boolean familiar is never coming back. The KS familiars are never coming back. The downtime familiars are never coming back. The first year sprites are never coming back. No matter how many people whine and argue and throw (usually flawed) logic at that fact to make things turn that way, it's not going to happen. It has already been stated numerous times by the FR staff that those facts have never been in debate.

So what that means is that no more of these specific familiars will be reappearing - that stock will always be limited and as the number of users rises and as the number of retired users rises the less and less of these items will be available in circulation. The less in circulation, the more the price will rise and the harder and harder they will be to obtain.

You know what makes them easier to obtain? Retired familiars. What people who are missing the first year don't understand is that they will be getting items that people who have not signed up yet do not have the opportunity to get. As time goes on those items will climb in value - never as much as the previous items, to be sure, but sell enough of them and the price tags of all the already retired familiars becomes much more manageable.

But leaving them semi-permanently available nixes all that. Sure, they'll slowly become worth more but the climb will be much slower. And unlike permanently retired items, there will always be a threshold that people will hit that will make them say "too expensive - I'll try and hope to get them in December".

Keeping the new festival familiars only "semi-retired" hurts your own chances of getting the permanently retired familiars going on. I'd suggest everyone thinks of that before voting.
Voting for retirement - I can't believe how many newbies are shooting themselves in the foot by voting otherwise. =/

I'll skip pointing out about loyalty perks, ad revenue, the fairness factor, and everything else that has been brought up and debated to bring up this:

The Boolean familiar is never coming back. The KS familiars are never coming back. The downtime familiars are never coming back. The first year sprites are never coming back. No matter how many people whine and argue and throw (usually flawed) logic at that fact to make things turn that way, it's not going to happen. It has already been stated numerous times by the FR staff that those facts have never been in debate.

So what that means is that no more of these specific familiars will be reappearing - that stock will always be limited and as the number of users rises and as the number of retired users rises the less and less of these items will be available in circulation. The less in circulation, the more the price will rise and the harder and harder they will be to obtain.

You know what makes them easier to obtain? Retired familiars. What people who are missing the first year don't understand is that they will be getting items that people who have not signed up yet do not have the opportunity to get. As time goes on those items will climb in value - never as much as the previous items, to be sure, but sell enough of them and the price tags of all the already retired familiars becomes much more manageable.

But leaving them semi-permanently available nixes all that. Sure, they'll slowly become worth more but the climb will be much slower. And unlike permanently retired items, there will always be a threshold that people will hit that will make them say "too expensive - I'll try and hope to get them in December".

Keeping the new festival familiars only "semi-retired" hurts your own chances of getting the permanently retired familiars going on. I'd suggest everyone thinks of that before voting.
one's look like pokemon lol
one's look like pokemon lol
I don't mind "hurting my own chance" to make a ton of virtual profit off of pixel item that may cost a lot of virtual coins in a couple years if it means hundreds of other users can have fun playing a virtual game.
I don't mind "hurting my own chance" to make a ton of virtual profit off of pixel item that may cost a lot of virtual coins in a couple years if it means hundreds of other users can have fun playing a virtual game.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I am pretty ambivalent either way though I think one thing you should consider is that because registration windows are rare, people are going to miss out on things just because they CAN'T actually join the site.

So there are probably people who are like "ooo! Lets join now as this festival is going on!" However, they can't because the window is closed and thus by no fault of their own, miss out on the items.
I am pretty ambivalent either way though I think one thing you should consider is that because registration windows are rare, people are going to miss out on things just because they CAN'T actually join the site.

So there are probably people who are like "ooo! Lets join now as this festival is going on!" However, they can't because the window is closed and thus by no fault of their own, miss out on the items.
b9aWflB.png
I like the idea of re-releasing them rarely in December. It's kind of like what Chicken Smoothie does on Dec. 18th with their pets. It doesn't really affect the overall rarity of them, because so many new things are being released. That, and as the older players eventually stop using the site, many of them go out of circulation anyhow. What's the point in having a spot in your bestiary that you know you will never be able to fill because it was only released once, several years ago? At least that way people would still have a slim hope of getting them all.
I like the idea of re-releasing them rarely in December. It's kind of like what Chicken Smoothie does on Dec. 18th with their pets. It doesn't really affect the overall rarity of them, because so many new things are being released. That, and as the older players eventually stop using the site, many of them go out of circulation anyhow. What's the point in having a spot in your bestiary that you know you will never be able to fill because it was only released once, several years ago? At least that way people would still have a slim hope of getting them all.
vo4t5d.png
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 52 53