Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [LvF] Firelight Tales Writing Event
1 2 3 4 5 6
@xianvar Friday's Prompt :D [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/48996079][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/489961/48996079_350.png[/img][/url] [i]As told by Cloudy: A forgotten memory[/i][/center] [u]Test of Courage[/u] Achaius had my sworn loyalty from the first moment I'd laid eyes on him. He had been just a normal Wildclaw, then. If one could ever apply the word 'normal' to him, anyway. The fires that had eventually erupted from him had always been there, a passion burning deep within him. Now, we stood before the gods. He had attempted to overthrow them, and I had let it happen. Encouraged him and helped him, if I was being honest with myself. He said I'd been coerced into helping him, daring me to contradict me with his burning gaze. I stayed silent. They didn't question me. The verdict was that we were both to be punished. Achaius had cried out in protest, but the tone quickly switched to one of pain as they did... something. Things began to fade around me... [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/586358/58635775.png[/img] [i]Continued by Achaius[/i][/center] [i]Achaius watched in horror as his mate's memories were taken from her. He saw the moment her eyes on him lost their warm and loving glow. He thrashed in his bonds but only caused himself pain by doing so. One of the gods stepped forward then, the one who controlled ice. He watched, helpless, as his mate was slowly encased in ice. He bellowed wordlessly as she stood unafraid in the face of the gods and her punishment. This was his final punishment. Watching her frozen before him, memories stolen, before he too was entombed in a block of ice.[/i]
@xianvar Friday's Prompt :D
48996079_350.png
As told by Cloudy: A forgotten memory

Test of Courage
Achaius had my sworn loyalty from the first moment I'd laid eyes on him. He had been just a normal Wildclaw, then. If one could ever apply the word 'normal' to him, anyway. The fires that had eventually erupted from him had always been there, a passion burning deep within him. Now, we stood before the gods. He had attempted to overthrow them, and I had let it happen. Encouraged him and helped him, if I was being honest with myself. He said I'd been coerced into helping him, daring me to contradict me with his burning gaze. I stayed silent. They didn't question me.

The verdict was that we were both to be punished. Achaius had cried out in protest, but the tone quickly switched to one of pain as they did... something. Things began to fade around me...
58635775.png
Continued by Achaius

Achaius watched in horror as his mate's memories were taken from her. He saw the moment her eyes on him lost their warm and loving glow. He thrashed in his bonds but only caused himself pain by doing so. One of the gods stepped forward then, the one who controlled ice. He watched, helpless, as his mate was slowly encased in ice. He bellowed wordlessly as she stood unafraid in the face of the gods and her punishment. This was his final punishment. Watching her frozen before him, memories stolen, before he too was entombed in a block of ice.
[center][size=6][b]Daily Prompt[/b][/size][/center] [columns][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/4m99ssmaxe6n0gh/frv1a.png[/img] [nextcol] Last day of the battle and last day of the prompts! Hope you had fun in the event as much as we did reading all your beautiful stories, riddles & poems ♥ The first prompt of today is very fitting with the arrival of the holidays [u]The Days Grow Shorter[/u]. does your clan celebrates it? ignores it? change their habits? There is a lot you can write about this topic! If want something more cheerful, we have: [u](the power of) Friendship [/u]. an Endless topic who many autors from a pletora of styles like to write about; there are songs, movies, books , myths and a lot more speaking about it. Why dont you join them? Lastly, our third prompt for today is:[u]Accidental Demon/Abomination/thought-to-be-evil creature summoning[/u]. A spooky one! But you can play with horror or make it comical! Think of a demon who doesnt like to be summon, they have better things to do than help you with your homework or help you find the control remote. What if they are allowing you to summon them because they want a promotion? WHo knows how the underworld works! ...Does Sornieth has an underworld? If you feel like none of this prompts is for you...well, dont worry. You can still participate and work towards getting all those sweet sweet badges. You can write about anything you like, BUT you will have to do it like ...a Dialogue! [b]Short version:[/b] Prompts: The Days Grow Shorter, (the power of) Friendship & Accidental Demon/Abomination/thought-to-be-evil creature summoning Form: Dialogue [/columns]
Daily Prompt
frv1a.png
Last day of the battle and last day of the prompts! Hope you had fun in the event as much as we did reading all your beautiful stories, riddles & poems ♥

The first prompt of today is very fitting with the arrival of the holidays The Days Grow Shorter. does your clan celebrates it? ignores it? change their habits? There is a lot you can write about this topic!

If want something more cheerful, we have: (the power of) Friendship . an Endless topic who many autors from a pletora of styles like to write about; there are songs, movies, books , myths and a lot more speaking about it. Why dont you join them?

Lastly, our third prompt for today is:Accidental Demon/Abomination/thought-to-be-evil creature summoning. A spooky one! But you can play with horror or make it comical! Think of a demon who doesnt like to be summon, they have better things to do than help you with your homework or help you find the control remote. What if they are allowing you to summon them because they want a promotion? WHo knows how the underworld works! ...Does Sornieth has an underworld?

If you feel like none of this prompts is for you...well, dont worry. You can still participate and work towards getting all those sweet sweet badges. You can write about anything you like, BUT you will have to do it like ...a Dialogue!

Short version:
Prompts: The Days Grow Shorter, (the power of) Friendship & Accidental Demon/Abomination/thought-to-be-evil creature summoning
Form: Dialogue
MCXC90a.png
she/her- Fr +5 - Games / Events entusiast
Familiars in Flames & Lava cookies

oAk80j4.png
I am not a creature that was born.
I am a fire that was set
P8RQZqQ.gif
This was fun! Made me finally write some lore for my dragons XD @xianvar Here's the one for Accidental Abomination/Dialogue! [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62326973][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/623270/62326973_350.png[/img][/url] Ravager "I never actually [i]intended[/i] to be like this, it just kinda... Happened. There's not much you can do when you get an eye infection. Take meds, yes. Rest, yeah. Usually that'd work, but of course in my case it didn't. This infection was of a different kind. It's born from the depths of certain rotting trees and, even when it finds a host, it rarely takes hold. It gets into your eyes, copies the cells and structure, then duplicates them and grows. It's quite interesting in a gruesome sort of way. This fungusy parasite particle stuff took root in my eyes and formed this monstrosity on my already hideous head (don't you dare argue with that). I can still see, though everything has a yellow-green tinge to it now. In fact, I can see more. It's fun freaking people out by knowing exactly what they were doing behind me. I wear a hat to cover the weird green eyes now. I kept scaring the hatchings and some of the horror aversioned dragons. Don't worry, they're fine. Just tired from being kept awake by nightmares. This infection is too deep rooted to get rid of now. It's like a dream that has faded, in a way. Can't [i]quite[/i] get it, but can't [i]quite[/i] lose it, either. Eh, I'll live. Anyways, gotta dash. Looks like the grocer's just realised I stole some bread." [/center]
This was fun! Made me finally write some lore for my dragons XD

@xianvar
Here's the one for Accidental Abomination/Dialogue!
62326973_350.png
Ravager

"I never actually intended to be like this, it just kinda... Happened.

There's not much you can do when you get an eye infection. Take meds, yes. Rest, yeah. Usually that'd work, but of course in my case it didn't. This infection was of a different kind. It's born from the depths of certain rotting trees and, even when it finds a host, it rarely takes hold. It gets into your eyes, copies the cells and structure, then duplicates them and grows. It's quite interesting in a gruesome sort of way.

This fungusy parasite particle stuff took root in my eyes and formed this monstrosity on my already hideous head (don't you dare argue with that). I can still see, though everything has a yellow-green tinge to it now. In fact, I can see more. It's fun freaking people out by knowing exactly what they were doing behind me.

I wear a hat to cover the weird green eyes now. I kept scaring the hatchings and some of the horror aversioned dragons. Don't worry, they're fine. Just tired from being kept awake by nightmares.

This infection is too deep rooted to get rid of now. It's like a dream that has faded, in a way. Can't quite get it, but can't quite lose it, either. Eh, I'll live.

Anyways, gotta dash. Looks like the grocer's just realised I stole some bread."
fkWjutW.png

NGZFoym.png
@xianvar Great opportunity to flesh out my headcanon for Sornieth calendar/holidays a bit... btw is it allowed to fill previous days' prompts late? (I ask, at the very last minute [s]procrastination, who's that never heard of em[/s]) Prompt 1: The Days Grow Shorter (format: dialogue) Where did y—Moppet, out of the pumpkin, out! But it's a house Pompy, look it fits me. It's a house for fire, we're about to put the oil in and light it. There won't be any more room for you. Why's fire need such a big house? It was in little ones last festival. Last festival the lanterns only had to lead one spirit each home to celebrate with us and then lead them back to their graves. These have to be bigger to carry us through Darktide—no, [i]out[/i], not carry literally. Don't singe your whiskers! I want to live in the pumpkin house Pompy! Watch! Look. See? It's the fire's house now, it has a big important job so it gets to live in the big pumpkin all on its own. I want the fire's job... is it calling a really biiiig spirit, will it be big enough to see it? No, it—hmm. More the opposite. This lantern is for the deities to look at and see we're still here, through all the days they left unclaimed. It's our faith and their reminder. But it's Nockern...Nocturnitas time now isn't it? The [i]other[/i] deity. There is no twelfth deity moppet, nocturnes are Shadowbinder's, She just thought it was funny to set them out in Darktide instead of Trickmurk and pretend they weren't. What about the mimic monsters? Is it their time now? Will they get scared of the pumpkin fire and go away? That is a whole other chest of shinies... yes, big fires can scare mimics... [size=2]some of them anyway[/size]. Come along now moppet, time for bed for you. I want to sleep in the pumpkin house! You can sleep where you can [i]see[/i] the pumpkin house, but [i]don't you touch it[/i]—even at your very sneaky sneakiest, if you do, I'll [i]know[/i]. Awww, Pompyyyy... [rule] Eh you guys are super busy so I'll drop these here in case and if it's not allowed I'll just only claim the single prompt badge Tuesday prompt: search (format: 6 word story) [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55017712][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/550178/55017712.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][color=transparent]__[/color][nextcol] My life's meaning hides from me. [/columns] Monday prompt: sneaking a treat (format: poem) What's that in your paw? [i]Ain't nothing![/i] There's crumbs on your claw. [i]Not something![/i] The jar looks empty. [i]No it doesn't![/i] I know it's tempting... [i]Nnnno it wasn't?[/i] Put back the ginger— [i]Bummuh 'aws aw'n 'ull[/i] —Until after dinner. [i]I'm already full...[/i]
@xianvar Great opportunity to flesh out my headcanon for Sornieth calendar/holidays a bit... btw is it allowed to fill previous days' prompts late? (I ask, at the very last minute procrastination, who's that never heard of em)

Prompt 1: The Days Grow Shorter (format: dialogue)

Where did y—Moppet, out of the pumpkin, out!

But it's a house Pompy, look it fits me.

It's a house for fire, we're about to put the oil in and light it. There won't be any more room for you.

Why's fire need such a big house? It was in little ones last festival.

Last festival the lanterns only had to lead one spirit each home to celebrate with us and then lead them back to their graves. These have to be bigger to carry us through Darktide—no, out, not carry literally. Don't singe your whiskers!

I want to live in the pumpkin house Pompy!

Watch! Look. See? It's the fire's house now, it has a big important job so it gets to live in the big pumpkin all on its own.

I want the fire's job... is it calling a really biiiig spirit, will it be big enough to see it?

No, it—hmm. More the opposite. This lantern is for the deities to look at and see we're still here, through all the days they left unclaimed. It's our faith and their reminder.

But it's Nockern...Nocturnitas time now isn't it? The other deity.

There is no twelfth deity moppet, nocturnes are Shadowbinder's, She just thought it was funny to set them out in Darktide instead of Trickmurk and pretend they weren't.

What about the mimic monsters? Is it their time now? Will they get scared of the pumpkin fire and go away?

That is a whole other chest of shinies... yes, big fires can scare mimics... some of them anyway. Come along now moppet, time for bed for you.

I want to sleep in the pumpkin house!

You can sleep where you can see the pumpkin house, but don't you touch it—even at your very sneaky sneakiest, if you do, I'll know.

Awww, Pompyyyy...

Eh you guys are super busy so I'll drop these here in case and if it's not allowed I'll just only claim the single prompt badge

Tuesday prompt: search (format: 6 word story)

55017712.png __ My life's meaning hides from me.

Monday prompt: sneaking a treat (format: poem)

What's that in your paw?
Ain't nothing!
There's crumbs on your claw.
Not something!
The jar looks empty.
No it doesn't!
I know it's tempting...
Nnnno it wasn't?
Put back the ginger—
Bummuh 'aws aw'n 'ull
—Until after dinner.
I'm already full...
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
@Snowsong007 @Flitt @sockmonkeygerald

Oh my god I am so sorry for the late reply -- I just absolutely crashed on Sunday and spent Monday catching up with RL stuffs that I totally forgot to link your submissions!

Thank you very very much for joining in and writing for these prompts! I had a lot of fun reading your stories <3
@Snowsong007 @Flitt @sockmonkeygerald

Oh my god I am so sorry for the late reply -- I just absolutely crashed on Sunday and spent Monday catching up with RL stuffs that I totally forgot to link your submissions!

Thank you very very much for joining in and writing for these prompts! I had a lot of fun reading your stories <3
iSeAVDm.gif6mlt6oK.pngSNH9aOp.gif

B9L.pnglvf-7.pnglvf-9.pnglvf-1.pnglvf-6.pnglvf-5.pnglvf-3.pnglvf-2.pnglvf-4.pnglvf-10.pnglvf-8.pngB10R.png
fOHFzrA.png
@xianvar hope you're alright! 0.0

This was a fun challenge! I loved doing it :)
@xianvar hope you're alright! 0.0

This was a fun challenge! I loved doing it :)
fkWjutW.png

NGZFoym.png
@Flitt Thank you for your concern!I am now, the last day of the Battle was just very intense -- I went to bed at 2am my time, and woke up at 6am to a lot of messages mentioning my name bc Fire had flipped us again, and so 4h of sleep among all the excitement was... taxing, to put it one way xD
@Flitt Thank you for your concern!I am now, the last day of the Battle was just very intense -- I went to bed at 2am my time, and woke up at 6am to a lot of messages mentioning my name bc Fire had flipped us again, and so 4h of sleep among all the excitement was... taxing, to put it one way xD

B9L.pnglvf-7.pnglvf-9.pnglvf-1.pnglvf-6.pnglvf-5.pnglvf-3.pnglvf-2.pnglvf-4.pnglvf-10.pnglvf-8.pngB10R.png
fOHFzrA.png
@xianvar As a Fire Attendant on the last day, I can sympathize. Hopefully you're recovering or have recovered, at this point! Thank you for joint putting on this event, I had a lot of fun writing lore for it!
@xianvar As a Fire Attendant on the last day, I can sympathize. Hopefully you're recovering or have recovered, at this point! Thank you for joint putting on this event, I had a lot of fun writing lore for it!
I am exceedingly late, but I figured I should actually post my little writing stuffs that I never felt were quite long enough to justify posting... but here we go anyway (with all my hopes of maybe writing something longer and more lore-y for this... I have never before really written any lore, so this is a new one for me xD)

Sunday: Golden and Warm
The morning was a chilly one, with a slight breeze that caught just so in Sepios's wing feathers, ruffling his coat. Suukla was off in the distance, the rising sun making her coat glow like freshly melted caramel. There were voices in the far distance, barely audible. It was most likely Jason and Klio, making the rounds and checking that everything was still in order. Sometimes, another voice would chime in -- he thought he could make out Jamie, at one point, and Solon and Mar at another, but it was all background noise, the same sounds he heard every morning.

It was calming, and it allowed him an easy slide into his daily routine with all the things he had to do, while sun rose, golden and warm in the Beacon even in the midst of the winter.

Monday: Sneaking a Treat
"Shhhh," was all Erion heard, before two shapes that might as well have been shadows flitted past him and up the stairs. "I don't think he saw us!" a very distinct voice came, followed by a giggle. The whole conversation had an air of stage whispers, even though Erion was reasonably sure that Skia, at least, knew that he could very well hear them as well as see them. Even if it had been dark, his halo usually made it impossible for anyone to sneak past him.

He couldn't make out the answer, the voice of the small acolight nervous and too quiet even for him, but it also didn't matter: he knew too well that this was Skia's way of helping the new acolights in training relax and calm down in this strange setting before their journey to serve Lightweaver started, and he wouldn't begrudge them sneaking a treat every now and again. Maybe it would help the small young drgaons not faint immediately if they saw a Beast flash their claws, no matter that both Mar and Pyrite were skilled enough fighters and healers to not have them be seriously harmed during the demanding training for their service. It was also just nice to hear the young dragons laughter ring through the halls, and see Klio smile.

Tuesday: 6 word story
"Bravado did not help him fly."

Wednesday: Transformation
It was common, both in the beginning and in the later days, that dragons who came to the xian clan would leave their names behind and enter as an unnamed. A lot of them chose to go with "Acolight", in the end, especially the ones who were born in the clan and grew up there, mired in the structures of the training camp. Maybe Skia, who herself had worn the name Acolight for a long time, was part of it, or maybe they liked the anonymity. Some went before the Oracle to receive a name; this more commonly happened with the foreign-born. And some, like Skia, or the one who was born on the Solstice, or the one who was born during the Valight week, waited for their name to come to them.

They wore their moniker of birth or no name at all like a badge, a sign that they were not yet in their final stage, that they still had to undergo a transformation. Zephis was one of them: She had started out as an Unnamed, but when she began her training to become a guide for the young Acolights through the dangerous Workshop and the Forbidden Portal, she chose the moniker of her birth -- she who was born on the leaping day. Back then she had still been a Nocturne of breed, and had no genes to show her true self.

But then she had finished, and started guiding her first Acolight -- he who was born on the Solstice -- through the Workshop during the most dangerous time of the year with Solon by her side, and she had felt the transformation take hold. It had taken a while, but finally the clan had bestowed upon her her gifts: her wings changed, her body twisted, and before long she had looked at her mirror image and seen a smirking spiral stare back, and she had known: She finally was who she was supposed to be, right where she was supposed to be.

Saturday: The Days Grow Shorter
When Solstice was born, the sun was just rising, early though it was. It was all he remembered from that day: the sun, high in the sky, shining down on him and warming his small body. He figured that was why the winter was so tough on him, making him hide in his nest, curled around a warming stone or another dragon should they come to visit him to help with his troubles. The cold temperatures didn't agree with him and his slight body, and the snow tended to quickly bury him.

And yet, there was no choice: the days would grow shorter after his birthday every year, the temperatures would grow punishingly cold, and sometimes he wished for the clan to bestow upon him the honour of becoming a Tundra; with their thick coats and fluffy manes, they surely never had to suffer like this.
I am exceedingly late, but I figured I should actually post my little writing stuffs that I never felt were quite long enough to justify posting... but here we go anyway (with all my hopes of maybe writing something longer and more lore-y for this... I have never before really written any lore, so this is a new one for me xD)

Sunday: Golden and Warm
The morning was a chilly one, with a slight breeze that caught just so in Sepios's wing feathers, ruffling his coat. Suukla was off in the distance, the rising sun making her coat glow like freshly melted caramel. There were voices in the far distance, barely audible. It was most likely Jason and Klio, making the rounds and checking that everything was still in order. Sometimes, another voice would chime in -- he thought he could make out Jamie, at one point, and Solon and Mar at another, but it was all background noise, the same sounds he heard every morning.

It was calming, and it allowed him an easy slide into his daily routine with all the things he had to do, while sun rose, golden and warm in the Beacon even in the midst of the winter.

Monday: Sneaking a Treat
"Shhhh," was all Erion heard, before two shapes that might as well have been shadows flitted past him and up the stairs. "I don't think he saw us!" a very distinct voice came, followed by a giggle. The whole conversation had an air of stage whispers, even though Erion was reasonably sure that Skia, at least, knew that he could very well hear them as well as see them. Even if it had been dark, his halo usually made it impossible for anyone to sneak past him.

He couldn't make out the answer, the voice of the small acolight nervous and too quiet even for him, but it also didn't matter: he knew too well that this was Skia's way of helping the new acolights in training relax and calm down in this strange setting before their journey to serve Lightweaver started, and he wouldn't begrudge them sneaking a treat every now and again. Maybe it would help the small young drgaons not faint immediately if they saw a Beast flash their claws, no matter that both Mar and Pyrite were skilled enough fighters and healers to not have them be seriously harmed during the demanding training for their service. It was also just nice to hear the young dragons laughter ring through the halls, and see Klio smile.

Tuesday: 6 word story
"Bravado did not help him fly."

Wednesday: Transformation
It was common, both in the beginning and in the later days, that dragons who came to the xian clan would leave their names behind and enter as an unnamed. A lot of them chose to go with "Acolight", in the end, especially the ones who were born in the clan and grew up there, mired in the structures of the training camp. Maybe Skia, who herself had worn the name Acolight for a long time, was part of it, or maybe they liked the anonymity. Some went before the Oracle to receive a name; this more commonly happened with the foreign-born. And some, like Skia, or the one who was born on the Solstice, or the one who was born during the Valight week, waited for their name to come to them.

They wore their moniker of birth or no name at all like a badge, a sign that they were not yet in their final stage, that they still had to undergo a transformation. Zephis was one of them: She had started out as an Unnamed, but when she began her training to become a guide for the young Acolights through the dangerous Workshop and the Forbidden Portal, she chose the moniker of her birth -- she who was born on the leaping day. Back then she had still been a Nocturne of breed, and had no genes to show her true self.

But then she had finished, and started guiding her first Acolight -- he who was born on the Solstice -- through the Workshop during the most dangerous time of the year with Solon by her side, and she had felt the transformation take hold. It had taken a while, but finally the clan had bestowed upon her her gifts: her wings changed, her body twisted, and before long she had looked at her mirror image and seen a smirking spiral stare back, and she had known: She finally was who she was supposed to be, right where she was supposed to be.

Saturday: The Days Grow Shorter
When Solstice was born, the sun was just rising, early though it was. It was all he remembered from that day: the sun, high in the sky, shining down on him and warming his small body. He figured that was why the winter was so tough on him, making him hide in his nest, curled around a warming stone or another dragon should they come to visit him to help with his troubles. The cold temperatures didn't agree with him and his slight body, and the snow tended to quickly bury him.

And yet, there was no choice: the days would grow shorter after his birthday every year, the temperatures would grow punishingly cold, and sometimes he wished for the clan to bestow upon him the honour of becoming a Tundra; with their thick coats and fluffy manes, they surely never had to suffer like this.

fOHFzrA.png
1 2 3 4 5 6