Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | SPACE TALK - LETS GO
1 2 3 4
do you guys ever get like... angry? about space?
like for example - you learn some mindblowing fact about how quasars have so much gravity that they bend space around them and feel the need to write a letter to the government in protest. I think that pretty much describes my relationship with space. I love it, but I'm also just constantly throwing my hands in the air.
do you guys ever get like... angry? about space?
like for example - you learn some mindblowing fact about how quasars have so much gravity that they bend space around them and feel the need to write a letter to the government in protest. I think that pretty much describes my relationship with space. I love it, but I'm also just constantly throwing my hands in the air.
tumblr_osr8u7mjpA1v8lm95o1_r1_100.gif ....
hunting for
old umas!
ZlgMZPR.gif
@luciferase don't get mad get GLAD (pls don't punch me)

space has no rules science has no rules really tbh it's all completely relative and we understand nothing THE UNIVERSE IS ANARCHY it does what it wants how punk is that

you go universe
you go
@luciferase don't get mad get GLAD (pls don't punch me)

space has no rules science has no rules really tbh it's all completely relative and we understand nothing THE UNIVERSE IS ANARCHY it does what it wants how punk is that

you go universe
you go
xKjfHb3.png
@retrobird i feel like the universe has some kind rules, but like not rules we understand?

like i get you space is the RADDEST i guess what I'm saying is i'll go and get real excited about one thing, only to have that lead me to an EVEN MORE EXCITING THING in a rapid spiral into my hands over my face.
maybe overwhelmed is a better word? but i feel more like angry in terms of energy level if that makes any sense. like the most positive happy kind of anger possible.

in any case hella punk is how punk i'm so excited about space now
@retrobird i feel like the universe has some kind rules, but like not rules we understand?

like i get you space is the RADDEST i guess what I'm saying is i'll go and get real excited about one thing, only to have that lead me to an EVEN MORE EXCITING THING in a rapid spiral into my hands over my face.
maybe overwhelmed is a better word? but i feel more like angry in terms of energy level if that makes any sense. like the most positive happy kind of anger possible.

in any case hella punk is how punk i'm so excited about space now
tumblr_osr8u7mjpA1v8lm95o1_r1_100.gif ....
hunting for
old umas!
ZlgMZPR.gif
@tilukonfdz I'm pretty much in the same boat as you there!

@Bunnyx the perfect combination heh
Ooh, astrophysics sounds really interesting!

@luciferase @retrobird I have mixed feelings because sometimes I'm like "space!!" and then other times I'm like "god damnit spACE"
@tilukonfdz I'm pretty much in the same boat as you there!

@Bunnyx the perfect combination heh
Ooh, astrophysics sounds really interesting!

@luciferase @retrobird I have mixed feelings because sometimes I'm like "space!!" and then other times I'm like "god damnit spACE"
..............................PPC6Io9.png
x
vivi ⌉ +17 fr

lorebadges
pinkerlockelinks
oO4Btix.png
@luciferase @TheJinxedFox i was being hyperbolic :)

bUT on the other hand, we understand basically 0% about space (and the universe, and a lot of things). does this mean we just don't get space's rules? absolutely. but might it also mean those rules are ever-changing? possibly.

i'm no astrophysicist, so i can't really comment beyond that. but yeah. space is dank.
@luciferase @TheJinxedFox i was being hyperbolic :)

bUT on the other hand, we understand basically 0% about space (and the universe, and a lot of things). does this mean we just don't get space's rules? absolutely. but might it also mean those rules are ever-changing? possibly.

i'm no astrophysicist, so i can't really comment beyond that. but yeah. space is dank.
xKjfHb3.png
@TheJinxedFox

It is~ I've always had an interest in space, so I would love to be able to study it. c: There's just so many interesting things, and so, so much we don't know about yet.
@TheJinxedFox

It is~ I've always had an interest in space, so I would love to be able to study it. c: There's just so many interesting things, and so, so much we don't know about yet.
@retrobird

that's why it's kind of hilarious to me when people are like 'science side of tumblr explain this' or 'yes but consider science' to a religious argument or smth

because while science supPOSEDLY can explain everything, it still makes 0 sense

none

none at all

@luciferase

did u watch thru the wormhole

because every time black holes or parallel universes or stars were mentioned i wanted to just

scream + throw smth

i hate space but i love space but i hate space ugh
@retrobird

that's why it's kind of hilarious to me when people are like 'science side of tumblr explain this' or 'yes but consider science' to a religious argument or smth

because while science supPOSEDLY can explain everything, it still makes 0 sense

none

none at all

@luciferase

did u watch thru the wormhole

because every time black holes or parallel universes or stars were mentioned i wanted to just

scream + throw smth

i hate space but i love space but i hate space ugh
ivan, it/he pronouns
space is like one of my favorite things ever oh gosh.
i've loved it since like forever??? the pictures of dust clouds and nebulae and everything else are what pulled me in when i was little i think. i mean look at them theyre goRGEOUS

im still not over pluto's planetary status being revoked it was my fave planet when i was lil. viva la pluto

also words about space are always just like, pleasing to me?? nebulae sounds cool and like. names for stars and galaxies sound cool too bc like, andromeda is a cool word too. idk

(this is probably a useless reply on this thread but idc its a space thread i cant not post something ok.)
space is like one of my favorite things ever oh gosh.
i've loved it since like forever??? the pictures of dust clouds and nebulae and everything else are what pulled me in when i was little i think. i mean look at them theyre goRGEOUS

im still not over pluto's planetary status being revoked it was my fave planet when i was lil. viva la pluto

also words about space are always just like, pleasing to me?? nebulae sounds cool and like. names for stars and galaxies sound cool too bc like, andromeda is a cool word too. idk

(this is probably a useless reply on this thread but idc its a space thread i cant not post something ok.)
its cool guuUuuuUUeeeyy!
Space!! I took an amazing astronomy class at my university earlier this year. 5% of our grade was based on a "star party" where we all just stargazed and had hot cocoa out on the glade for a night. That was great. I learned a lot in that class that has really made me appreciate space!

I used to be scared of space, as a concept, because of how massive and basically infinite it is. But now it's more...humbling? Comforting? Something like that. It gives me hope instead of fear.

I really also like "space words". I wrote down in my astro class whenever I heard a word that would work well as a name. Thus, I'm pretty set on naming my future daughter "Amalthea", after one of my favorite moons. Callisto is a close second.

The best place I've ever been stargazing is in the desert. It was amazing being able to see the Milky Way in full, and since there are so few lights, everything was incredibly vivid.
Space!! I took an amazing astronomy class at my university earlier this year. 5% of our grade was based on a "star party" where we all just stargazed and had hot cocoa out on the glade for a night. That was great. I learned a lot in that class that has really made me appreciate space!

I used to be scared of space, as a concept, because of how massive and basically infinite it is. But now it's more...humbling? Comforting? Something like that. It gives me hope instead of fear.

I really also like "space words". I wrote down in my astro class whenever I heard a word that would work well as a name. Thus, I'm pretty set on naming my future daughter "Amalthea", after one of my favorite moons. Callisto is a close second.

The best place I've ever been stargazing is in the desert. It was amazing being able to see the Milky Way in full, and since there are so few lights, everything was incredibly vivid.
Astronomy/Astrophysics graduate here. XD (My username is Astronomer(ess) in Quenya/High-elvish). Any questions about space, feel free to ask.
Astronomy/Astrophysics graduate here. XD (My username is Astronomer(ess) in Quenya/High-elvish). Any questions about space, feel free to ask.
1 2 3 4