Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | New to coliseum
Hello, I'm back from like a 5-6 year hitatus lol I've never really been interested in the coliseum, but since I've gotten back into brewing and am getting low on funds from buying apparel for dragons, I want to level quickly so I can acquire more materials and also do that thing where you level up fodder to exalt them for money.

I've looked into the leveling guides and I only have one ambush, no eliminate, and I don't know where to start with looking for a high-level dragon to train the rest. I could buy an eliminate and more ambushes but they're SUPER expensive and I don't know if I wanna commit that much money if I don't know *** I'm doing. I really want to build a solid foundation so I can get lots of goodies while remaining financially stable so i can deck out my dragons to my heart's content lol anyone know where to start?
Hello, I'm back from like a 5-6 year hitatus lol I've never really been interested in the coliseum, but since I've gotten back into brewing and am getting low on funds from buying apparel for dragons, I want to level quickly so I can acquire more materials and also do that thing where you level up fodder to exalt them for money.

I've looked into the leveling guides and I only have one ambush, no eliminate, and I don't know where to start with looking for a high-level dragon to train the rest. I could buy an eliminate and more ambushes but they're SUPER expensive and I don't know if I wanna commit that much money if I don't know *** I'm doing. I really want to build a solid foundation so I can get lots of goodies while remaining financially stable so i can deck out my dragons to my heart's content lol anyone know where to start?
@Okamirasu The [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2217190/1]sedona build[/url] doesn't require eliminate, but it is slow. Sedona dragons are only useful to train fodder and grind the coli to get the funds necessary to buy eliminate stones, they're not really a long term coli team. As for getting a lvl25 trainer, there's the slow solution of trainig a group of dragons from lvl1 by going up the venues, but that takes.... a long time. You could rent a trainer. Check you flight forums, they might have someone willing to let you borrow one of theirs. The forums are a bit unweildy to explain a lot of coli stuff, so if you have a discord account you could hop in to [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2895267]this[/url] public server. They helped me tons for everything FR related, and are very generous with advice and renting out dragons. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2895267][img]https://i.imgur.com/xZ0a6TK.png[/img][/url][/center]
@Okamirasu

The sedona build doesn't require eliminate, but it is slow. Sedona dragons are only useful to train fodder and grind the coli to get the funds necessary to buy eliminate stones, they're not really a long term coli team.

As for getting a lvl25 trainer, there's the slow solution of trainig a group of dragons from lvl1 by going up the venues, but that takes.... a long time. You could rent a trainer. Check you flight forums, they might have someone willing to let you borrow one of theirs.

The forums are a bit unweildy to explain a lot of coli stuff, so if you have a discord account you could hop in to this public server. They helped me tons for everything FR related, and are very generous with advice and renting out dragons.
xZ0a6TK.png
pNeMP39.pngMLACkpO.pngkKWypF0.pngnNnmo6E.png4zBL86C.png
@Okamirasu
I see that a lot of stuff is covered already, but since you're in ice there's actually a level 25 lending service that you may be able to use.
on top of that, the loan wolves can also help you afford some of the more expensive battle stones you may need, including offering half priced eliminates

edit: code fix, but if there's other programs you'd like some info on then you can also check out the mentoring thread
@Okamirasu
I see that a lot of stuff is covered already, but since you're in ice there's actually a level 25 lending service that you may be able to use.
on top of that, the loan wolves can also help you afford some of the more expensive battle stones you may need, including offering half priced eliminates

edit: code fix, but if there's other programs you'd like some info on then you can also check out the mentoring thread
unknown.png
Oh thank u so much!! Definitely gonna look into that Discord server.

And yeah, I've gotten to about lvl 7 with a team of 3 fighters and it's awful- I can barely last one round in the scorching place, and even if I do, the exp gain is painful.

So then it seems like my best bet in terms of efficiency is to search for a lvl 25 trainer or commit and buy eliminate so I can breeze through the venues with my own team.. though even with the latter, it'd still be pretty slow... so mostly the trainer. thank u, i'll search for one!
Oh thank u so much!! Definitely gonna look into that Discord server.

And yeah, I've gotten to about lvl 7 with a team of 3 fighters and it's awful- I can barely last one round in the scorching place, and even if I do, the exp gain is painful.

So then it seems like my best bet in terms of efficiency is to search for a lvl 25 trainer or commit and buy eliminate so I can breeze through the venues with my own team.. though even with the latter, it'd still be pretty slow... so mostly the trainer. thank u, i'll search for one!
@okamirasu

Welcome to coli! I promise the rewards are worthwhile. Some tips:

If you've only got one level 25 with eliminate, then I recommend stoning and statting them as a Mire Flyer or something similar. This has the dual benefit of allowing you to train fodder and level your other dragons to level 25, while also cleaning up nicely in the low-level venues.

Culex's guide on How to Train your Dragon, while a little outdated, is still one of the best in terms of walking you through Coli basics and explains a lot of the jargon. There are also guides available on all the different kinds of coli builds, from the standard level 25 to specialized builds designed for specific venues.

If your funds are limited, it tends to be cheaper to buy a high-level dragon that already has eliminate. They go for about 300g last time I checked, but the dragon and eliminate separately are about 200g each.

Edit: at the time of posting, the cheapest level 25 with eliminate I could find was this one at 250g.

Eliminate and the accessory stones are really expensive, but I promise you that they will pay for themselves. This is especially true if you can get your hands on at least one fully stoned level 25 before Night of the Nocturne next week. Those stones might pay for themselves before the week is up.

If you have more questions, feel free to PM me--I enjoy the strategy of coli and will happily answer anything you want to know.
@okamirasu

Welcome to coli! I promise the rewards are worthwhile. Some tips:

If you've only got one level 25 with eliminate, then I recommend stoning and statting them as a Mire Flyer or something similar. This has the dual benefit of allowing you to train fodder and level your other dragons to level 25, while also cleaning up nicely in the low-level venues.

Culex's guide on How to Train your Dragon, while a little outdated, is still one of the best in terms of walking you through Coli basics and explains a lot of the jargon. There are also guides available on all the different kinds of coli builds, from the standard level 25 to specialized builds designed for specific venues.

If your funds are limited, it tends to be cheaper to buy a high-level dragon that already has eliminate. They go for about 300g last time I checked, but the dragon and eliminate separately are about 200g each.

Edit: at the time of posting, the cheapest level 25 with eliminate I could find was this one at 250g.

Eliminate and the accessory stones are really expensive, but I promise you that they will pay for themselves. This is especially true if you can get your hands on at least one fully stoned level 25 before Night of the Nocturne next week. Those stones might pay for themselves before the week is up.

If you have more questions, feel free to PM me--I enjoy the strategy of coli and will happily answer anything you want to know.
mkpoaHZ.png