Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Mirror Genderdimorphism
1 2
Consider for a moment - female mirrors only have eyes on the left side, male mirrors only the right.
Consider for a moment - female mirrors only have eyes on the left side, male mirrors only the right.
gPt7rtY.pngCHCjXcz.png
So that would imply that Mirrors cannot have their face facing the front but would either have their heads constantly facing one side OR they would move with their bodies lying on one side (although this is extremely hard on land), like a flatfish. [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9c/Limanda_limanda.jpg[/img] Because to be an efficient hunter, one must have binocular vision and their eyes need to have a good range of vision in relation to their body. But the flatfish anatomical arrangement would also imply that Mirrors are hunting creatures that are above them, and are burrying themselves in sand.
So that would imply that Mirrors cannot have their face facing the front but would either have their heads constantly facing one side OR they would move with their bodies lying on one side (although this is extremely hard on land), like a flatfish.

Limanda_limanda.jpg

Because to be an efficient hunter, one must have binocular vision and their eyes need to have a good range of vision in relation to their body. But the flatfish anatomical arrangement would also imply that Mirrors are hunting creatures that are above them, and are burrying themselves in sand.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Are all mirror hatchlings female then?
Are all mirror hatchlings female then?
S6TGTcM.png
And hunting as a pair is a sign of being mated. [emoji=mirror love size=1]
And hunting as a pair is a sign of being mated.
Consider another genderdimorphism of mirrors: females have four legs, males - three. All mirrors are born female but upon adulthood 50% of them turn male, like fish of several kinds.
Consider another genderdimorphism of mirrors: females have four legs, males - three. All mirrors are born female but upon adulthood 50% of them turn male, like fish of several kinds.
JQQ3Fjt.png
cursed thread
cursed thread
icon dragon | wishlist
remind me not to impulse buy
redoing everything all the time give me a minute
peppa pig
peppa pig
nature8.png x Iron Belt Buckle Current
Count:
Buckles
xx xxxxxxxxxxxxx treasure.png
^My Goals!^
fc4zvun.png
rI18gRz.png
mlHpBMC.png
o4KdtaP.png
VjdktqS.png
Sorrowspark#0101
I don't know how I feel about this.
I don't know how I feel about this.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
awful thread. i might just subscribe
awful thread. i might just subscribe
ttGfSL1.png
Mirrors could work like banana slugs who are born with both reproductive organs but when courting the one that adopts the role of female and gets impregnated devours its partner's male thingy to ensure that during their next encounter the roles are reversed... this but they also eat eyes and legs? >.>

Being a mirror no longer sounds like a fun time~
Mirrors could work like banana slugs who are born with both reproductive organs but when courting the one that adopts the role of female and gets impregnated devours its partner's male thingy to ensure that during their next encounter the roles are reversed... this but they also eat eyes and legs? >.>

Being a mirror no longer sounds like a fun time~
2A6X4Q7.png
1 2