Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Upcoming Server Migration
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17
Good luck, I'm hoping it goes smoothly
Good luck, I'm hoping it goes smoothly
Signature_zpss7bcoadx.jpg
[quote name="Stormdance" date="2020-12-01 17:11:52" ] @Aequorin I noticed that in this post you said that server migration will start at 6:00 site time, while in the site status it's posted as 9:00 start time. Typo? [/quote] [emoji=bogsneak scared size=2] Site Status has been updated to reflect the correct time: [b]06:00 server time![/b] Thank you! @Stormdance
Stormdance wrote on 2020-12-01 17:11:52:
@Aequorin

I noticed that in this post you said that server migration will start at 6:00 site time, while in the site status it's posted as 9:00 start time. Typo?

Site Status has been updated to reflect the correct time: 06:00 server time! Thank you!

@Stormdance
@azuryx

I'm not 100% solid on the technical terminology, but effectively the hardware that runs FR is getting an upgrade. For that to happen, the admins (presumably) take a backup of the site, take it offline, move it from one server to another (like using a USB stick to transfer a file from one computer to another) and then boot it back up. The result for players might vary, but you'll probably need to log in again and then the next time we have a big event like Night of the Nocturne or a new breed dropping the server will be able to handle more players online at once and the lag wont be as bad.
@azuryx

I'm not 100% solid on the technical terminology, but effectively the hardware that runs FR is getting an upgrade. For that to happen, the admins (presumably) take a backup of the site, take it offline, move it from one server to another (like using a USB stick to transfer a file from one computer to another) and then boot it back up. The result for players might vary, but you'll probably need to log in again and then the next time we have a big event like Night of the Nocturne or a new breed dropping the server will be able to handle more players online at once and the lag wont be as bad.
mkpoaHZ.png
New tech toys are always fun. :D Good luck!
New tech toys are always fun. :D Good luck!
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

good luck out there staff!! be strong
good luck out there staff!! be strong
old-oaks-2.png - old-dragon-bump.gif - dNCLmdm.png
Oh nice!! Let's hope it all goes smoothly- we're excited for night of the nocturne already <3
Oh nice!! Let's hope it all goes smoothly- we're excited for night of the nocturne already <3
...................................HslJD2N.png
...................................JvUa9ma.png
...................................FObX7rS.png
ede56a3e20547c165fa512c47d2e5b0326aabe8a.gif
........f617b71e2b879364b6c3643b3787fa1efb80f1b3.gif
loimysO.png.
fkWjutW.png.
UU9vIu2.png
wow, nice!
wow, nice!
act
imp inthusiast
he/him
please ping on reply
Wq7yxTc.gif
exchange
Nearku%2527s%2BDya.png
hatchbannersmall.png
Yay shiny new servers :)

Does this mean the site will be able to handle 5000+ users online at a time? I noticed it would get pretty slow when new features/breeds went live.
Yay shiny new servers :)

Does this mean the site will be able to handle 5000+ users online at a time? I noticed it would get pretty slow when new features/breeds went live.
7862891.png ___
Winged
She/her
FR +3
I love pings c:
____ 51027181.png
Woo! lets hope it all goes smoothly!! ^^
Woo! lets hope it all goes smoothly!! ^^
EpekmtO.png Want a worm on a string? Wa7a43p.png
noice!
noice!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17