Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ancient Breed: Veilspun Dragons
1 2 ... 135 136 137 138 139 ... 180 181
[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=60&breed=19&element=10&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=27&tertgene=65&winggene=61&wings=151&auth=e1c0219dcc9faa56da7c5f7ead550b0f40aab4b4&dummyext=prev.png[/img] i attempted to scry queen chrysalis! also redo for genes and colors primary: fade obsidian secondary: blend phthalo tertiary: beetle azure eyes: nature uncommon good luck for anyone trying to make her!!! she looks super cool imo [emoji=veilspun happy size=1]
dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=60&breed=19&element=10&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=27&tertgene=65&winggene=61&wings=151&auth=e1c0219dcc9faa56da7c5f7ead550b0f40aab4b4&dummyext=prev.png

i attempted to scry queen chrysalis! also redo for genes and colors

primary: fade obsidian
secondary: blend phthalo
tertiary: beetle azure
eyes: nature uncommon

good luck for anyone trying to make her!!! she looks super cool imo
Gafflin | Any pronouns | Minor | FR+18
Holy guacamole these are definitely my favourite ancients so far <3
Holy guacamole these are definitely my favourite ancients so far <3
He/They/Ev
While I wasn't sure about these when their progress was shown, now with all the genes they look pretty amazing - the branch antlers and sparkly constellation mane convinced me fully. Especially the male pose and the hatchlings are so good!

The scroll price seems very reasonable going by the same logic of half (or less) of the price for the same type of modern breed item. However, I do get the disappointment people have been expressing about not getting any eggs/scrolls to start out with. To clarify I don't think the staff should be obligated to do that of course, and apparently it wasn't a thing for other gem breeds either, but a lot of people weren't even around at that time.

For the last two ancient breed releases we did get a freebie at the start and I think perhaps that sort of thing should be consistent, with only one egg/scroll for gem breeds for example (or none at all for any of the breeds, but it might be a bit late for that). If anything, I know I would be way more likely to spend gems to fully gene out a dragon during the initial hype if I already had a scroll or hatched something I liked, while now I will probably take ages to make a decision because of the extra scroll purchase involved. Just something to consider.

To the people who think they can never afford gem items though, there is absolutely a way to play casually and earn more than enough. I have never spent any real money on FR but I've been able to buy the full collection of sprite familiars over time, a lot of gem genes, and still have a very hefty saving of gems in my vault, simply by a combination of fairgrounds/bonding with familiars to sell gilded chests/reselling marketplace items occasionally (when I play more actively). Even if you don't have a ton of time or can't do it every day, it only takes half an hour to make 75k on glimmer and gloom, which would probably translate to around 60 gems already.

Now to do some scrying...
While I wasn't sure about these when their progress was shown, now with all the genes they look pretty amazing - the branch antlers and sparkly constellation mane convinced me fully. Especially the male pose and the hatchlings are so good!

The scroll price seems very reasonable going by the same logic of half (or less) of the price for the same type of modern breed item. However, I do get the disappointment people have been expressing about not getting any eggs/scrolls to start out with. To clarify I don't think the staff should be obligated to do that of course, and apparently it wasn't a thing for other gem breeds either, but a lot of people weren't even around at that time.

For the last two ancient breed releases we did get a freebie at the start and I think perhaps that sort of thing should be consistent, with only one egg/scroll for gem breeds for example (or none at all for any of the breeds, but it might be a bit late for that). If anything, I know I would be way more likely to spend gems to fully gene out a dragon during the initial hype if I already had a scroll or hatched something I liked, while now I will probably take ages to make a decision because of the extra scroll purchase involved. Just something to consider.

To the people who think they can never afford gem items though, there is absolutely a way to play casually and earn more than enough. I have never spent any real money on FR but I've been able to buy the full collection of sprite familiars over time, a lot of gem genes, and still have a very hefty saving of gems in my vault, simply by a combination of fairgrounds/bonding with familiars to sell gilded chests/reselling marketplace items occasionally (when I play more actively). Even if you don't have a ton of time or can't do it every day, it only takes half an hour to make 75k on glimmer and gloom, which would probably translate to around 60 gems already.

Now to do some scrying...
sad about eye types with their clipping, but I also understand why it's a thing

overall tho these guys look amazing and I love them <3 hoping for some more primaries for them tho bc at the moment none of them stand out too much besides the modern genes they got
sad about eye types with their clipping, but I also understand why it's a thing

overall tho these guys look amazing and I love them <3 hoping for some more primaries for them tho bc at the moment none of them stand out too much besides the modern genes they got
tumblr_pxfrjtmGif1tb42gdo1_1280.jpg
OOOOO A BABYYYYYY[emoji=veilspun love size=1]
OOOOO A BABYYYYYY
Seriously? 1000 gems for 1 breed change scroll? At the very least you should have given us at least 1 scroll for free with Galore...
Seriously? 1000 gems for 1 breed change scroll? At the very least you should have given us at least 1 scroll for free with Galore...
Gladekeeperbanner_zps21ce84b1.jpeg
Oh my goodness they're beautiful, I need 50 [emoji=veilspun love size=1]
Oh my goodness they're beautiful, I need 50
While those look pretty rad (especially with their special terts), they don't look good enough for me to spend 1k gems on. But I'll definitely get one or two when they become avilable cheaper at the AH.
While those look pretty rad (especially with their special terts), they don't look good enough for me to spend 1k gems on. But I'll definitely get one or two when they become avilable cheaper at the AH.
OSPKX5l.png
Here's my quick scry, I love how so many of the genes have a secondary colour, its epic [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=129&bodygene=71&breed=19&element=8&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=139&tertgene=57&winggene=72&wings=100&auth=a100e4ba7d565c6c8a7fa2b39e2101daebcd5803&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Flint shell, spruce hawkmoth and flaxen runes
Here's my quick scry, I love how so many of the genes have a secondary colour, its epic
dragon?age=1&body=129&bodygene=71&breed=19&element=8&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=139&tertgene=57&winggene=72&wings=100&auth=a100e4ba7d565c6c8a7fa2b39e2101daebcd5803&dummyext=prev.png

Flint shell, spruce hawkmoth and flaxen runes
84DQtTT.pngiew0ydI.gifoJC4UAD.gif5caOtnS.gif69pouHI.gif
[quote name="Carameja" date="2020-11-13 02:46:54" ] I find it kinda ridiculous that the breed change is a 1000 GEMS.. It makes their worth so high up that when I try to get one through the Auction House is a dead end too.. [/quote] @Carameja @Asharinhun It may stink for now, but the price will eventually go down as more and more are bred! Wildclaws and Coatls (both modern gem breeds) cost 2000 for a breed change, so twice this one! We haven’t had a gem breed since Coatls came out, but look how much their price has dipped. Gems are a main way for the site to get money as well. We’ve also known for a few months (was it March? Someone please correct me) that a new gem breed was coming up. I had been selling fodder for 6-7 gems each, sell old apparel, etc. and slowly stocked up on gems. It also helps that I didn’t really have any other gene projects. So I was able to nab some scroll. Now, I will admit that I did buy some gems with actual money for my last two Veilspuns, but I got the others without irl money. Best bet: wait for the price to come down, join giveaways (there’s almost always someone doing a raffle or random giveaway), or save up gems. You can do it! :) While we did get a scroll and eggs for the previous two ancients, that really wasn’t a thing for past breeds (save for big sneaks, I think?), so I understand why you might have thought Galore would gift one but it’s never a guarantee!
Carameja wrote on 2020-11-13 02:46:54:
I find it kinda ridiculous that the breed change is a 1000 GEMS..
It makes their worth so high up that when I try to get one through the Auction House is a dead end too..

@Carameja @Asharinhun

It may stink for now, but the price will eventually go down as more and more are bred!

Wildclaws and Coatls (both modern gem breeds) cost 2000 for a breed change, so twice this one! We haven’t had a gem breed since Coatls came out, but look how much their price has dipped. Gems are a main way for the site to get money as well.

We’ve also known for a few months (was it March? Someone please correct me) that a new gem breed was coming up. I had been selling fodder for 6-7 gems each, sell old apparel, etc. and slowly stocked up on gems. It also helps that I didn’t really have any other gene projects. So I was able to nab some scroll.

Now, I will admit that I did buy some gems with actual money for my last two Veilspuns, but I got the others without irl money.

Best bet: wait for the price to come down, join giveaways (there’s almost always someone doing a raffle or random giveaway), or save up gems. You can do it! :)

While we did get a scroll and eggs for the previous two ancients, that really wasn’t a thing for past breeds (save for big sneaks, I think?), so I understand why you might have thought Galore would gift one but it’s never a guarantee!
EYhnjwN.png
1 2 ... 135 136 137 138 139 ... 180 181