Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ancient Breed: Veilspun Dragons
1 2 ... 122 123 124 125 126 ... 180 181
[quote name="Aslaya" date="2020-11-12 19:33:04" ] [quote name="TheWormwood" date="2020-11-12 19:24:58" ] [quote name="K9Dog" date="2020-11-12 19:01:54" ] [quote name="KiwiNeko" date="2020-11-12 18:47:26" ] I wish we were given a Veilspun egg or a breed change scroll....that way everybody could have one....not just those who have 1000gems and/or real life money to purchase gems. It's really frustrating and makes many of us feel excluded when a new dragon is released.......[emoji=veilspun deadpan size=2] [/quote] This ^ That way if they only gave us one, they can still make cash since we need the opposite gender in order to breed more of them. (which means buying one) I'm just upset that they're treating this as a cash grab, to get excited players to buy them to make a quick monetary gain. And buying them from the AH? It's going to be a while before the prices go down, so players who can't buy gems have to wait. :C [/quote] Some things ya just gotta save up for. I don't generally spend actual money on the site, so this is gonna be something I save for as well. There are ways of gettin' gems without having to fork over real dollars, it just may take a little longer. :) Its not a 'cash grab' when this site is in actual fact a business that needs to generate revenue to continue running. [/quote] Says the person selling dragons for 100k or 100 gems kinda funny NGL plus some people do save and save and save but prices of slots and other things are way to high so they should have gave out 1 egg to make it far for everyone and they could get money with those who are not patient enough to save up THE 1000 GEMS FOR THE SCROLL. [/quote] I really do love the new dragon but I have to agree, I think we should of at least gotten one scroll or egg or something. But They did do an amazing job in the design. I just wish I had the time to save up right now.
Aslaya wrote on 2020-11-12 19:33:04:
TheWormwood wrote on 2020-11-12 19:24:58:
K9Dog wrote on 2020-11-12 19:01:54:
KiwiNeko wrote on 2020-11-12 18:47:26:
I wish we were given a Veilspun egg or a breed change scroll....that way everybody could have one....not just those who have 1000gems and/or real life money to purchase gems. It's really frustrating and makes many of us feel excluded when a new dragon is released.......

This ^
That way if they only gave us one, they can still make cash since we need the opposite gender in order to breed more of them. (which means buying one)

I'm just upset that they're treating this as a cash grab, to get excited players to buy them to make a quick monetary gain. And buying them from the AH? It's going to be a while before the prices go down, so players who can't buy gems have to wait. :C

Some things ya just gotta save up for. I don't generally spend actual money on the site, so this is gonna be something I save for as well. There are ways of gettin' gems without having to fork over real dollars, it just may take a little longer. :)
Its not a 'cash grab' when this site is in actual fact a business that needs to generate revenue to continue running.

Says the person selling dragons for 100k or 100 gems kinda funny NGL plus some people do save and save and save but prices of slots and other things are way to high so they should have gave out 1 egg to make it far for everyone and they could get money with those who are not patient enough to save up THE 1000 GEMS FOR THE SCROLL.

I really do love the new dragon but I have to agree, I think we should of at least gotten one scroll or egg or something. But They did do an amazing job in the design. I just wish I had the time to save up right now.
84902117.png1422796.png 3073204.png 8428246.png 6003887.png
[quote name="Aslaya" date="2020-11-12 19:33:04" ] [quote name="TheWormwood" date="2020-11-12 19:24:58" ] [quote name="K9Dog" date="2020-11-12 19:01:54" ] [quote name="KiwiNeko" date="2020-11-12 18:47:26" ] I wish we were given a Veilspun egg or a breed change scroll....that way everybody could have one....not just those who have 1000gems and/or real life money to purchase gems. It's really frustrating and makes many of us feel excluded when a new dragon is released.......[emoji=veilspun deadpan size=2] [/quote] This ^ That way if they only gave us one, they can still make cash since we need the opposite gender in order to breed more of them. (which means buying one) I'm just upset that they're treating this as a cash grab, to get excited players to buy them to make a quick monetary gain. And buying them from the AH? It's going to be a while before the prices go down, so players who can't buy gems have to wait. :C [/quote] Some things ya just gotta save up for. I don't generally spend actual money on the site, so this is gonna be something I save for as well. There are ways of gettin' gems without having to fork over real dollars, it just may take a little longer. :) Its not a 'cash grab' when this site is in actual fact a business that needs to generate revenue to continue running. [/quote] Says the person selling dragons for 100k or 100 gems kinda funny NGL plus some people do save and save and save but prices of slots and other things are way to high so they should have gave out 1 egg to make it far for everyone and they could get money with those who are not patient enough to save up THE 1000 GEMS FOR THE SCROLL. [/quote] I work, but I have a lot of IRL debt to pay off and no winter gear etc. I cannot afford $10 on a digital dragon - tons of other people are in my position or worse. Plus, you have younger kids who play this game who either don't have the money or their parents won't allow them to buy virtual currency, so they're SOL too. It blocks all kinds of players from participating in the new release and it's super unfair. I'm tired of people calling those who were left out "entitled" when it's not out of entitlement, it's out of a sense of fairness - why should half or more of the playerbase be left out because of their financial situation, time constraints, or age? have a little empathy. it's perfectly valid for people to be upset that they're left out of this exciting release. the veilspun are really cool and it sucks to not be able to participate. it's funny - i've only noticed people with the money criticizing those who are upset :/
Aslaya wrote on 2020-11-12 19:33:04:
TheWormwood wrote on 2020-11-12 19:24:58:
K9Dog wrote on 2020-11-12 19:01:54:
KiwiNeko wrote on 2020-11-12 18:47:26:
I wish we were given a Veilspun egg or a breed change scroll....that way everybody could have one....not just those who have 1000gems and/or real life money to purchase gems. It's really frustrating and makes many of us feel excluded when a new dragon is released.......

This ^
That way if they only gave us one, they can still make cash since we need the opposite gender in order to breed more of them. (which means buying one)

I'm just upset that they're treating this as a cash grab, to get excited players to buy them to make a quick monetary gain. And buying them from the AH? It's going to be a while before the prices go down, so players who can't buy gems have to wait. :C

Some things ya just gotta save up for. I don't generally spend actual money on the site, so this is gonna be something I save for as well. There are ways of gettin' gems without having to fork over real dollars, it just may take a little longer. :)
Its not a 'cash grab' when this site is in actual fact a business that needs to generate revenue to continue running.

Says the person selling dragons for 100k or 100 gems kinda funny NGL plus some people do save and save and save but prices of slots and other things are way to high so they should have gave out 1 egg to make it far for everyone and they could get money with those who are not patient enough to save up THE 1000 GEMS FOR THE SCROLL.

I work, but I have a lot of IRL debt to pay off and no winter gear etc. I cannot afford $10 on a digital dragon - tons of other people are in my position or worse. Plus, you have younger kids who play this game who either don't have the money or their parents won't allow them to buy virtual currency, so they're SOL too.

It blocks all kinds of players from participating in the new release and it's super unfair. I'm tired of people calling those who were left out "entitled" when it's not out of entitlement, it's out of a sense of fairness - why should half or more of the playerbase be left out because of their financial situation, time constraints, or age?

have a little empathy. it's perfectly valid for people to be upset that they're left out of this exciting release. the veilspun are really cool and it sucks to not be able to participate. it's funny - i've only noticed people with the money criticizing those who are upset :/
I NEED THESE EDGY TEENS
They look so good as eyeburners <3
I NEED THESE EDGY TEENS
They look so good as eyeburners <3
Neon.png You start with an impossible goal: defeating the unbeatable enemy. And then you do whatever you gotta do to achieve it! Because even you can't know how much potential you have until you push yourself past your limits. THAT'S how you make yourself not just stronger... but stronger than you ever imagined you could be!

Qpv2mvo.pngYE53boy.pngSZfmfRv.png
fujRTIl.png
More noodles!
More noodles!
The art is gorgeous! The Ancients have really been knocking it out of the park in terms of amazing tert genes [emoji=pearlcatcher love size=2]
The art is gorgeous! The Ancients have really been knocking it out of the park in terms of amazing tert genes
[LvA 2023] Top 26 Ticket Earners / badge by Irithyll (#157246)_
sZShZzW.png
WKtl2lb.png
jFZJEcu.png
FObX7rS.png
(spoilers for taz: b)
_Contralto / pixel adopt by Hawkeyyee (#146802)Ace / pixel adopt by Hawkeyyee (#146802)
I'm a little distressed to see people getting upset over not getting a free egg, because... being given free dragons each release is not the norm. We got freebies with Gaolers and with Banescales, but that hasn't been the case for any other breed over the years, and hearing people go 'they're trying to cash grab!' is... really dispiriting. A lot of work went into this breed and calling it a cheap play for money because the site didn't give you one for free is... urf. It's kind of saying 'if I'm not given free stuff then it's not fair', and that isn't a great mindset.

I've played sites that did cash grabs. New content that costs premium currency is not inherently a cash grab, and FR makes its premium currency easier to get than most. If I were to open 60 gilded chests (which seems like a lot, but consider I could get them by awakening 60 familiars - many of which are junk price on the auction house), I'd most likely have enough gems to purchase a Veilspun scroll. Think about it. That's ten dollars of premium currency that every player will get for free multiple times over.

Veilspun are here to stay, guys. There's no rush. It takes less than two weeks to earn a scroll through glimmer and gloom, and in five days the first wave of hatchlings will be hitting the market. Treat them like you would any other project to save up for. In the meantime, coli, swipp, and brew for the new genes, and see if you can't hurry the monetary process along that way.
I'm a little distressed to see people getting upset over not getting a free egg, because... being given free dragons each release is not the norm. We got freebies with Gaolers and with Banescales, but that hasn't been the case for any other breed over the years, and hearing people go 'they're trying to cash grab!' is... really dispiriting. A lot of work went into this breed and calling it a cheap play for money because the site didn't give you one for free is... urf. It's kind of saying 'if I'm not given free stuff then it's not fair', and that isn't a great mindset.

I've played sites that did cash grabs. New content that costs premium currency is not inherently a cash grab, and FR makes its premium currency easier to get than most. If I were to open 60 gilded chests (which seems like a lot, but consider I could get them by awakening 60 familiars - many of which are junk price on the auction house), I'd most likely have enough gems to purchase a Veilspun scroll. Think about it. That's ten dollars of premium currency that every player will get for free multiple times over.

Veilspun are here to stay, guys. There's no rush. It takes less than two weeks to earn a scroll through glimmer and gloom, and in five days the first wave of hatchlings will be hitting the market. Treat them like you would any other project to save up for. In the meantime, coli, swipp, and brew for the new genes, and see if you can't hurry the monetary process along that way.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
I AM BACK FROM THE DEAD, SPECIFICALLY FOR THEM. I LOVE THEM
I AM BACK FROM THE DEAD, SPECIFICALLY FOR THEM. I LOVE THEM
theultimatecatsig.gif
as a huge fan of imperials these make me v happy. ;v;

little sad we didn't get any free eggs or scrolls though
was kind of looking forward to that.
as a huge fan of imperials these make me v happy. ;v;

little sad we didn't get any free eggs or scrolls though
was kind of looking forward to that.
yq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngyq2i9s6.pngiKfVyMU.png
They are so cute! I can't wait until the prices go down! I'll definitely be picking one up once the AH gets inundated with them
They are so cute! I can't wait until the prices go down! I'll definitely be picking one up once the AH gets inundated with them
I can understand being frustrated with not getting an egg or scroll like previous ancients. I think Staff spoiled us with the first ancients because they were excited about a new mechanic. However I don't really think it's reasonable or necessary to assume that every time a new breed comes out that we will get a free scroll or egg.

Adding to that, this is very similar to how the Coatl was added to the site, where you just had to either buy the scroll or wait. Eventually it will be as easy to buy a nice Veinspun as it is to buy a nice banescale or gaoler, it'll just take a bit of time.

Also, I'm not sure that people understand how BIG an impact giving out one free scroll to everyone would be. There are currently just over 4500 Veinspun on the site right now. Considering we had 5000+ concurrent users on site earlier today, there would be WAY more Veinspun in existence, and significantly fewer scrolls purchased for gems, which drives gems sales.

There are only three, THREE, gem breeds on site. It was known that the next ancient was going to be a gem breed, which is why Veinspun didn't venture quite as far out into non-traditional body type. They wanted to add a nice special new gem breed, and giving away scrolls would be directly contrary to the purpose of gem breeds.
I can understand being frustrated with not getting an egg or scroll like previous ancients. I think Staff spoiled us with the first ancients because they were excited about a new mechanic. However I don't really think it's reasonable or necessary to assume that every time a new breed comes out that we will get a free scroll or egg.

Adding to that, this is very similar to how the Coatl was added to the site, where you just had to either buy the scroll or wait. Eventually it will be as easy to buy a nice Veinspun as it is to buy a nice banescale or gaoler, it'll just take a bit of time.

Also, I'm not sure that people understand how BIG an impact giving out one free scroll to everyone would be. There are currently just over 4500 Veinspun on the site right now. Considering we had 5000+ concurrent users on site earlier today, there would be WAY more Veinspun in existence, and significantly fewer scrolls purchased for gems, which drives gems sales.

There are only three, THREE, gem breeds on site. It was known that the next ancient was going to be a gem breed, which is why Veinspun didn't venture quite as far out into non-traditional body type. They wanted to add a nice special new gem breed, and giving away scrolls would be directly contrary to the purpose of gem breeds.
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
1 2 ... 122 123 124 125 126 ... 180 181