Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Things about canon you'd like to ignore?
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Dragon 'splosion. They get to rot like everyone else when they die. Also, most importantly-any apparel that clips through the wings, especially the Arctic Coats and pants. Also, Coatls are not big, I don't care what aNYONE SAYS-
Dragon 'splosion. They get to rot like everyone else when they die. Also, most importantly-any apparel that clips through the wings, especially the Arctic Coats and pants. Also, Coatls are not big, I don't care what aNYONE SAYS-
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
the size of dragons in general
if the pixels are the same size, the dragons are the same size

also the existence of faes
the size of dragons in general
if the pixels are the same size, the dragons are the same size

also the existence of faes
1d4f0e317221f41adfe800d877ddc053e6c0ba39.png b8b0fbcee70546d91c691fcfb4910d790e67c1dc.png
- skin shop
that imperials consume their own antlers after shedding them
that imperials consume their own antlers after shedding them
mlHpBMC.png
For the most part I try to adhere to the lore as closely as I can, but there are little things here and there that I choose to ignore or tweak.

Lore examples:
  • Ridgebacks having an aversion to water, which doesn't explain how Water Ridgebacks can exist or how the breed lives exclusively off of seafood.
  • Nocturnes being in a near-constant state of mimicry of their fellows.
  • Faes and Spirals being no bigger than cats.
  • Coatls basically being incapable of speech.
  • Guardians' inability to function without finding a Charge. I personally think it's less limiting and more culturally interesting to simply say it's an old tradition they're dedicated to, but that individuals could choose to opt out of the practice.
  • Snappers being almost as full of energy as Spirals amuses and fascinates me, but I think it's a bit weird and illogical that they can never sleep.
  • Tundras being universally dim, and having the memory of a goldfish.

Gameplay examples:
  • The Color Wheel. If one of my characters is red and his mate is blue, their offspring will be red, blue, or purple, not orange with green wings and brown tert, LOL.
  • Everything about Dominance.
  • Modern, real-world clothing. I really only bother playing dress-up with my fan dragons anyway, so I just pretend all the non-medieval stuff doesn't exist for my lore dragons.
  • Exalting exists in my lore, but will operate differently than how we do it in game form.
For the most part I try to adhere to the lore as closely as I can, but there are little things here and there that I choose to ignore or tweak.

Lore examples:
  • Ridgebacks having an aversion to water, which doesn't explain how Water Ridgebacks can exist or how the breed lives exclusively off of seafood.
  • Nocturnes being in a near-constant state of mimicry of their fellows.
  • Faes and Spirals being no bigger than cats.
  • Coatls basically being incapable of speech.
  • Guardians' inability to function without finding a Charge. I personally think it's less limiting and more culturally interesting to simply say it's an old tradition they're dedicated to, but that individuals could choose to opt out of the practice.
  • Snappers being almost as full of energy as Spirals amuses and fascinates me, but I think it's a bit weird and illogical that they can never sleep.
  • Tundras being universally dim, and having the memory of a goldfish.

Gameplay examples:
  • The Color Wheel. If one of my characters is red and his mate is blue, their offspring will be red, blue, or purple, not orange with green wings and brown tert, LOL.
  • Everything about Dominance.
  • Modern, real-world clothing. I really only bother playing dress-up with my fan dragons anyway, so I just pretend all the non-medieval stuff doesn't exist for my lore dragons.
  • Exalting exists in my lore, but will operate differently than how we do it in game form.
coH7AEL.png
[quote name="GingaSnap" date="2020-10-10 11:56:37" ] How tiny faes are. I like to imagine if an imp and a fae met, the fae would be large enough to not accidentally be snorted up the nose of the imp. [/quote] Same. They're only the size of a large cat, I think?
GingaSnap wrote on 2020-10-10 11:56:37:
How tiny faes are. I like to imagine if an imp and a fae met, the fae would be large enough to not accidentally be snorted up the nose of the imp.
Same. They're only the size of a large cat, I think?
0HBKL8H.pngBt9KLea.png
FObX7rS.pngeTTRxv6.png
9gQbEv9.pngoaolHwW.png
wthFnM3.pngzE3edrX.png
levels contributing to how strong a dragon is
takes too much time , otherwise my lore is sticking wirh canon
levels contributing to how strong a dragon is
takes too much time , otherwise my lore is sticking wirh canon
Sig_Adopt_-_Elys_small.png
honestly it's quicker to list the bits of official lore i do take:
-arcanist almost ended the world 3 times
-fae speak in monotone and have complex facial expressions (i think it's funny and cute)
-tundras have good noses
-banescales were originally destroyed for being too warlike
-pearlcatchers are kind of uppity
-bogsneaks are sneaky
-ridgebacks will only eat fish but hate water

everything else is rejected with varying degrees of fervor, but the most harshly rejected lore for me is p much everything about mirrors.
honestly it's quicker to list the bits of official lore i do take:
-arcanist almost ended the world 3 times
-fae speak in monotone and have complex facial expressions (i think it's funny and cute)
-tundras have good noses
-banescales were originally destroyed for being too warlike
-pearlcatchers are kind of uppity
-bogsneaks are sneaky
-ridgebacks will only eat fish but hate water

everything else is rejected with varying degrees of fervor, but the most harshly rejected lore for me is p much everything about mirrors.
LzILRa0.png?1.png 1MpQTqG.png?1.png
element personality. i have maybe one dragon whose personality lines up with their element? this is mainly why i want element contacts
element personality. i have maybe one dragon whose personality lines up with their element? this is mainly why i want element contacts
ve/they/it
[url]=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fs4/2266763]bigger__bbb_button____flight_rising_by_myth_o_logical-daes7nv.png[/url]
That Gaoler is pronounced jailer. No one will convince me not to say it with a hard G.
That Gaoler is pronounced jailer. No one will convince me not to say it with a hard G.
She/Her. On a semi-hiatus.
Wy0IOy1.png
Special eyes having no canonical effects on their victims owners. You give me all the eyeballs and goop from eyes and expect me to not think that's doin smth to the dragon? I had fun coming up with unique effects for various eyes in my lore, though they might be considered boring by other standards haha (a lot more blindness than usual), primals have a stupid amount of magic and some possible side effects. My first primal I hatched in lightning is a mirror and is blind due to all the light and heat emitted from the lightning/sparking messing with her mirror eyes, and uses her lightning magic to essentially map out her surroundings with electromagnetic signals or something like that
Special eyes having no canonical effects on their victims owners. You give me all the eyeballs and goop from eyes and expect me to not think that's doin smth to the dragon? I had fun coming up with unique effects for various eyes in my lore, though they might be considered boring by other standards haha (a lot more blindness than usual), primals have a stupid amount of magic and some possible side effects. My first primal I hatched in lightning is a mirror and is blind due to all the light and heat emitted from the lightning/sparking messing with her mirror eyes, and uses her lightning magic to essentially map out her surroundings with electromagnetic signals or something like that
adopt.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15