Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Fonk Platoon Forum
1 2 3 4 5
@EllieAM
For the lols really, and to clear your den of the weird ones I guess. The idea is that it gives a loving community to wacky looking dragons under the Icewarden. Throw a bit of fun lore in there and really formal language (on my part only I guess) and it becomes a lot of fun.
@EllieAM
For the lols really, and to clear your den of the weird ones I guess. The idea is that it gives a loving community to wacky looking dragons under the Icewarden. Throw a bit of fun lore in there and really formal language (on my part only I guess) and it becomes a lot of fun.
@aureologia Oh lol. I read Neon's bio and your lair tab's thing and it seems pretty funny but there still isn't much info on the purpose of the platoon. I mean like a lore-centric purpose. The rules are funny and that gives a little context to what it's about but maybe throw in a bit about what this group means to Lord Fluffylegs The Icewarden :0 and maybe something about the social dynamic in platoon itself.
I guess I'm a bit invested now so I look forward to reading more!
@aureologia Oh lol. I read Neon's bio and your lair tab's thing and it seems pretty funny but there still isn't much info on the purpose of the platoon. I mean like a lore-centric purpose. The rules are funny and that gives a little context to what it's about but maybe throw in a bit about what this group means to Lord Fluffylegs The Icewarden :0 and maybe something about the social dynamic in platoon itself.
I guess I'm a bit invested now so I look forward to reading more!
@mudkipkip
I sent the 120k and the fonky coatl that accidentally got sent to me :P
That should be enough for the scroll. Tell me if there are any issues!
@mudkipkip
I sent the 120k and the fonky coatl that accidentally got sent to me :P
That should be enough for the scroll. Tell me if there are any issues!
got em! now just gotta wait for the fonkbab to grow up. any name sugestions?
got em! now just gotta wait for the fonkbab to grow up. any name sugestions?
kkKT2mI.png
what? what is this? can, can I get an explanation? no? okay then.
what? what is this? can, can I get an explanation? no? okay then.
2KwZtRK.png7nppAyR.png
@Alfmangle
I mean, if you didn't make the question dickishly rhetorical, I would have been happy to explain it...
@Alfmangle
I mean, if you didn't make the question dickishly rhetorical, I would have been happy to explain it...
this reads like a dragon trafficking scheme
this reads like a dragon trafficking scheme
1dgHJ.gif
@McChicken
I'm not even sure what that would look like considering the context of this game XD
I guess the issue is that most of the people on here already knew all the details of what this was, but it's clear given the reception that my brief explanation wasn't enlightening at all. I'll go ahead edit my first post later to give more of an in depth explanation on this exalt lore so it doesn't look like... illegal activity?
@McChicken
I'm not even sure what that would look like considering the context of this game XD
I guess the issue is that most of the people on here already knew all the details of what this was, but it's clear given the reception that my brief explanation wasn't enlightening at all. I'll go ahead edit my first post later to give more of an in depth explanation on this exalt lore so it doesn't look like... illegal activity?
Alrighty, I added a better description. Everyone lmk if you have any feedback!
Alrighty, I added a better description. Everyone lmk if you have any feedback!
[quote name="Aureologia" date="2020-10-01 15:08:40" ] Hi yes, how are you today? Mm, I see, yes. This is a forum dedicated to my personal exalt lore, made even more fun by a community and mutual assistance in a common goal! This forum was originally intended to be private between me and my friends with the assumption that it would mostly get buried by other forums, but people have still somehow found their way to it. That being said, although most of us on the forum are either irl friends of mine or friends of friends, I extend an open invitation to anyone who is interested in this Platoon who doesn't know me personally! So without further ado, welcome to the Fonk Platoon Forum! Fonk /faNGk/ n 1 A dragon who's aesthetic is considered wacky, messy, or otherwise visually undesirable. The foundation of this platoon is based on the fact that many bred 'reject' dragons are often cheaply sold off or otherwise thrown away. The primary goal, therefore, is to create lore that spotlights those dragons while simultaneously adding a new twist on the concept of exalting. Now into the nitty-gritty. Sure this is all well and good but what's with all organization and structure? I originally imagined this as a military organization, hence the word platoon, which is ultimately being led by The Icewarden. The idea is that all dragons are accepted, no matter the genes, element, gender, breed, or otherwise. But the dragons can't just go and join a military completely untrained, right? Hence the local branches, tasked with the purpose of taking recruits and getting them up to snuff to eventually send to The Icewarden. These branches will take the form of a lair tab, each having a title to indicate it. Every branch will be led by a Fonk Daddy, the wackiest looking dragons of them all. A Fonk Daddy is required for every training branch. If someone wants to register as an official trainer, a few conditions must be met: You must be a member of the ice flight. You must have an approved Fonk Daddy ready - Must be either an adult male dragon or a female dragon granted a male appearance by a silhouette scroll. - Must also be sufficiently fonky. Must have a fonk zone lair tab With all these conditions met I can add your information to the bio of my active Fonk Daddy Neon who will also serve as the official recordkeeper after his retirement. Once you are officially registered you can add whatever information you want to add bout your branch to the bio of your Fonk Daddy along with the links to all the dragons your branch has trained an exalted (See Neon for an example) That's all the information I can think of to add for now. If anything is still confusing, feel free to ask me anything and I can add it. [/quote] excellent summary. if ur interested then u can join the fun! if not then kindly just read. thanks!
Aureologia wrote on 2020-10-01 15:08:40:
Hi yes, how are you today?
Mm, I see, yes.
This is a forum dedicated to my personal exalt lore, made even more fun by a community and mutual assistance in a common goal! This forum was originally intended to be private between me and my friends with the assumption that it would mostly get buried by other forums, but people have still somehow found their way to it. That being said, although most of us on the forum are either irl friends of mine or friends of friends, I extend an open invitation to anyone who is interested in this Platoon who doesn't know me personally!
So without further ado, welcome to the Fonk Platoon Forum!

Fonk /faNGk/ n 1 A dragon who's aesthetic is considered wacky, messy, or otherwise visually undesirable.

The foundation of this platoon is based on the fact that many bred 'reject' dragons are often cheaply sold off or otherwise thrown away. The primary goal, therefore, is to create lore that spotlights those dragons while simultaneously adding a new twist on the concept of exalting. Now into the nitty-gritty.

Sure this is all well and good but what's with all organization and structure? I originally imagined this as a military organization, hence the word platoon, which is ultimately being led by The Icewarden. The idea is that all dragons are accepted, no matter the genes, element, gender, breed, or otherwise. But the dragons can't just go and join a military completely untrained, right? Hence the local branches, tasked with the purpose of taking recruits and getting them up to snuff to eventually send to The Icewarden.

These branches will take the form of a lair tab, each having a title to indicate it. Every branch will be led by a Fonk Daddy, the wackiest looking dragons of them all. A Fonk Daddy is required for every training branch.

If someone wants to register as an official trainer, a few conditions must be met:

You must be a member of the ice flight.
You must have an approved Fonk Daddy ready

- Must be either an adult male dragon or a female dragon granted a male appearance by a silhouette scroll.
- Must also be sufficiently fonky.

Must have a fonk zone lair tab

With all these conditions met I can add your information to the bio of my active Fonk Daddy Neon who will also serve as the official recordkeeper after his retirement.

Once you are officially registered you can add whatever information you want to add bout your branch to the bio of your Fonk Daddy along with the links to all the dragons your branch has trained an exalted (See Neon for an example)

That's all the information I can think of to add for now. If anything is still confusing, feel free to ask me anything and I can add it.

excellent summary. if ur interested then u can join the fun! if not then kindly just read. thanks!
tumblr_inline_njuc3et6dV1qmu9vp.png
1 2 3 4 5