Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Riot of rot this year
1 2 3 4 5 6
Plague flight has no relationship to covid. For example, bushfires haven't changed the way we celebrate fire and floods haven't changed the way we celebrate water.

Plague is no different.
Plague flight has no relationship to covid. For example, bushfires haven't changed the way we celebrate fire and floods haven't changed the way we celebrate water.

Plague is no different.
waterb1.png
fr time + 16.5
There's probably not even going to be a Plague festival this year.

Plague has been given the short end of the sick for too long, and I don't think it's going to stop now. Every year, there's always the 'ooh, blood/body horror/etc bad' complaints that get thrown around. This year, it will be even worse, with the coronavirus running around.

The hate will spread exactly like a sickness.

Every year, we get more and more zombie skins and accents, which are stated to be exactly what Plaguebringer hates. Plague is about survival and overcoming the problems that life throws at you at any means necessary.

Plague flight, in essence, are basically marines: improvise, adapt, overcome.

A little louder for the ones in the back:

1. Plague flight is the FLIGHT OF LIFE, SURVIVAL AND EVOLVING.

2. Zombies? None of that, because zombies are about DEATH, EXTINCTION AND DEVOLVING.

Eventually, I feel Plague will become so sanitized I'll see more Plague-oriented skins in other flights and even as user-made skins.

The reason why I went to Plague in the beginning is because I was a germaphobe, as contradictory as it sounds. Plague flight helped me stop worrying and being anxious about my health so damn much. My story ain't as cool as everyone else's, but Plague's morals on getting dirty helped me a lot when my skin burned, dried, and started sloughing off because of how often I washed myself.

Alright, I'm sorry to be salty on main, but I needed to get this off my chest. I'm just. Eurgh.

(By the way, I'm still waiting for a proper Plague venue! I've been counting for a total of 5 years, 10 months, and 13 days! (And before you say 'ThE mIrE iS pLaGuE", the Mire is a confirmed 'quarantine zone', and since it looks like it belongs in the Viridian Labyrinth, I'll consider it a Nature venue.))
There's probably not even going to be a Plague festival this year.

Plague has been given the short end of the sick for too long, and I don't think it's going to stop now. Every year, there's always the 'ooh, blood/body horror/etc bad' complaints that get thrown around. This year, it will be even worse, with the coronavirus running around.

The hate will spread exactly like a sickness.

Every year, we get more and more zombie skins and accents, which are stated to be exactly what Plaguebringer hates. Plague is about survival and overcoming the problems that life throws at you at any means necessary.

Plague flight, in essence, are basically marines: improvise, adapt, overcome.

A little louder for the ones in the back:

1. Plague flight is the FLIGHT OF LIFE, SURVIVAL AND EVOLVING.

2. Zombies? None of that, because zombies are about DEATH, EXTINCTION AND DEVOLVING.

Eventually, I feel Plague will become so sanitized I'll see more Plague-oriented skins in other flights and even as user-made skins.

The reason why I went to Plague in the beginning is because I was a germaphobe, as contradictory as it sounds. Plague flight helped me stop worrying and being anxious about my health so damn much. My story ain't as cool as everyone else's, but Plague's morals on getting dirty helped me a lot when my skin burned, dried, and started sloughing off because of how often I washed myself.

Alright, I'm sorry to be salty on main, but I needed to get this off my chest. I'm just. Eurgh.

(By the way, I'm still waiting for a proper Plague venue! I've been counting for a total of 5 years, 10 months, and 13 days! (And before you say 'ThE mIrE iS pLaGuE", the Mire is a confirmed 'quarantine zone', and since it looks like it belongs in the Viridian Labyrinth, I'll consider it a Nature venue.))
18345.png
771.png
icon dragon
deviantart
tumblr
reddit
•pixilator804
» ...located on first page
« Art & Writing
« Art & Writing
« Writing
« Placeholder.
1967.png
Copy-pasting this from my profile bio. This thread awakened me to write it. ----- [quote name=ZipperLocks]I don't like to bring this wall of text up here, but it's important, and I want to express my feelings towards the next Elemental Holiday, being Riot of Rot. Being a former Plague member myself, I want to let out my steam. Everybody on the planet knows about "it". The virus has overtaken its victims, media and peoples thoughts. It essentially gives the healthy ones the base to mock the diseased. And so, this game's one Flight, which is known as Plague, has gotten a major spanking this year. It has got poor treatment in the past - mostly within stereotypes -, but now, it's going to be worse. I fear that within the Elemental Holiday submissions, we're going to have a lot of things based about the current situation: Face masks, bodysuits, hand sanitizers, the works. The thing though. [b]Plague. Isn't. Fully. About. Death. Or. Diseases/mutations.[/b] [b][color=red]It's. About. Surviving. And. Thriving. In. A. Place. Where. Such. Thing. Is. Tough.[/color][/b] It's somewhat what we're, as humans are doing right now. And we hope to survive. We don't want to be doomed after all of these years. And we'll get through. [b]That's[/b] the core of Plague, wanting to survive in somewhere where it's hard for a long time. Thank you, now you can read the rest of my bio.[/quote]
Copy-pasting this from my profile bio. This thread awakened me to write it.

ZipperLocks wrote:
I don't like to bring this wall of text up here, but it's important, and I want to express my feelings towards the next Elemental Holiday, being Riot of Rot. Being a former Plague member myself, I want to let out my steam.

Everybody on the planet knows about "it". The virus has overtaken its victims, media and peoples thoughts. It essentially gives the healthy ones the base to mock the diseased.

And so, this game's one Flight, which is known as Plague, has gotten a major spanking this year. It has got poor treatment in the past - mostly within stereotypes -, but now, it's going to be worse. I fear that within the Elemental Holiday submissions, we're going to have a lot of things based about the current situation: Face masks, bodysuits, hand sanitizers, the works.

The thing though.

Plague. Isn't. Fully. About. Death. Or. Diseases/mutations.

It's. About. Surviving. And. Thriving. In. A. Place. Where. Such. Thing. Is. Tough.

It's somewhat what we're, as humans are doing right now. And we hope to survive. We don't want to be doomed after all of these years. And we'll get through.
That's the core of Plague, wanting to survive in somewhere where it's hard for a long time.

Thank you, now you can read the rest of my bio.
A bottle of Dasani (water)
Please drink water.

Step away if things get heated.
Plague flight isn't just about disease. It's survival, evolution, and life. Censoring things during the one time of the year when we get stuff specifically made to suit our flight just because there's a pandemic is unfair. Plague's aesthetic has been watered down for a while now. But I'm afraid that'll continue due to the current situation. If they were to perfectly capture our aesthetic now, there'd be more hate than we got before. Not a fun time to be plague currently, huh?
Plague flight isn't just about disease. It's survival, evolution, and life. Censoring things during the one time of the year when we get stuff specifically made to suit our flight just because there's a pandemic is unfair. Plague's aesthetic has been watered down for a while now. But I'm afraid that'll continue due to the current situation. If they were to perfectly capture our aesthetic now, there'd be more hate than we got before. Not a fun time to be plague currently, huh?

[quote name="ZipperLocks" date="2020-10-01 05:24:44" ] I fear that within the Elemental Holiday submissions, we're going to have a lot of things based about the current situation: Face masks, bodysuits, hand sanitizers, the works. [/quote] Oh god please no. I will legit just log off for a week if this happens, our flight has nothing to do with covid. Don't make our fest about covid, I beg y'all
ZipperLocks wrote on 2020-10-01 05:24:44:
I fear that within the Elemental Holiday submissions, we're going to have a lot of things based about the current situation: Face masks, bodysuits, hand sanitizers, the works.
Oh god please no. I will legit just log off for a week if this happens, our flight has nothing to do with covid. Don't make our fest about covid, I beg y'all

Covid doesnt make me sick, hearing or seeing the word does these days. We play games to get away from that so i doubt it will ever be linked to that.

Plague will just be like every year, the drama and whatnot. Not that we want ofcourse but we'll see.
I like to see Plague more as the death/undead/gore flight still, survival is so boring and overdone everywhere.
Covid doesnt make me sick, hearing or seeing the word does these days. We play games to get away from that so i doubt it will ever be linked to that.

Plague will just be like every year, the drama and whatnot. Not that we want ofcourse but we'll see.
I like to see Plague more as the death/undead/gore flight still, survival is so boring and overdone everywhere.
6WUYXR5.png Etna (FR+9)
She/They
Likes to make sprites
Gen 1 lair
[quote name="xxvi" date="2020-10-01 04:40:13" ] well that's just not very fun. i don't want my first riot of rot to be watered down :( like others said, isn't plague about survival but in a different way? [/quote] ^^ its my first riot of rot as well, so i feel the same way.
xxvi wrote on 2020-10-01 04:40:13:
well that's just not very fun. i don't want my first riot of rot to be watered down :( like others said, isn't plague about survival but in a different way?

^^ its my first riot of rot as well, so i feel the same way.
she/her +1
[quote name="HenryTheArcher" date="2020-10-01 04:00:14" ] Plague Flight is about surviving and life. There is no need to throw out Riot of Rot nor any other Flight festivals. [/quote] This.
HenryTheArcher wrote on 2020-10-01 04:00:14:
Plague Flight is about surviving and life. There is no need to throw out Riot of Rot nor any other Flight festivals.
This.
I don't think there's any need to throw out ROR or change the aesthetics, covid's already changed an awful lot in the world and honestly there's no reason to change it here. Plus I'm pretty sure even in FR lore plague is supposed to be a celebration of survival against difficult odds, which definitely fits in with the world right now anyway tbh
I don't think there's any need to throw out ROR or change the aesthetics, covid's already changed an awful lot in the world and honestly there's no reason to change it here. Plus I'm pretty sure even in FR lore plague is supposed to be a celebration of survival against difficult odds, which definitely fits in with the world right now anyway tbh
trico_sprite_small.png
?VS8ts=platform.png
Well, it's true about the RL situation and that Plague is about surviving and stuff but... Halloween is my favourite holiday and I LOVE plague aesthetic and skins/apparel from past festivals. I only joined FR this year, so this will be my first RoR, I'd be disapointed if the aesthetics changed to be honest...
Well, it's true about the RL situation and that Plague is about surviving and stuff but... Halloween is my favourite holiday and I LOVE plague aesthetic and skins/apparel from past festivals. I only joined FR this year, so this will be my first RoR, I'd be disapointed if the aesthetics changed to be honest...
1 2 3 4 5 6