Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers of August
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13
@ColonelMarian | @Darkmoonbreeder - Ooooh, that makes sense. Well I'm gonna go ahead and make one now! Planning threads for things like Discord is seen as "advertising" by FR staff/admins and we'd probably get a warning for it. I'll go ahead and set ti up with the basics channels for now, with a suggestion box for extra ones!
@ColonelMarian | @Darkmoonbreeder - Ooooh, that makes sense. Well I'm gonna go ahead and make one now! Planning threads for things like Discord is seen as "advertising" by FR staff/admins and we'd probably get a warning for it. I'll go ahead and set ti up with the basics channels for now, with a suggestion box for extra ones!
5S2hFjn.png
It's back! *flail*[emoji=tundra star size=1] Anyway, nothing new here on my end really. Other than being behind on dailies due to sleeping all night for a change. XP
It's back! *flail*

Anyway, nothing new here on my end really. Other than being behind on dailies due to sleeping all night for a change. XP
NOTE: Dergs in my lair with scries are just ideas, & are subject to change/not final.
nZJa3n3.png
@RoseofRomania

Thank you! It's def gonna be another wait until i get started haha. This was a not so good idea for my 2nd attempt at a multi-chapter fic rip.

@KenjiSnow

I have A.D.D. so I feel you on the attention span. Aside from the HP fic, I'm thinking of a Dragon Age Inquisition/Fable 2 crossover, a Skyrim/Fable 2 crossover, and one of those novelization type fics of Fable 2. Fable is one of the few universes I am very comfortable with haha.

I currently have my G2 hatchery so I've been practicing by just adding lore to my non-hatchery dragons. So far it's not going well haha. When I can consistently get blurbs out I might start again, but idk. I took a small hiatus and am just getting back into it.
@RoseofRomania

Thank you! It's def gonna be another wait until i get started haha. This was a not so good idea for my 2nd attempt at a multi-chapter fic rip.

@KenjiSnow

I have A.D.D. so I feel you on the attention span. Aside from the HP fic, I'm thinking of a Dragon Age Inquisition/Fable 2 crossover, a Skyrim/Fable 2 crossover, and one of those novelization type fics of Fable 2. Fable is one of the few universes I am very comfortable with haha.

I currently have my G2 hatchery so I've been practicing by just adding lore to my non-hatchery dragons. So far it's not going well haha. When I can consistently get blurbs out I might start again, but idk. I took a small hiatus and am just getting back into it.
hANn2C0.gif
@ColonelMarian | @Darkmoonbreeder (Since you wanted to join, tagged as well) -If you don't mind pinging the new horde here's the perma link for the Discord!
https://discord.gg/bV5YvWj

@MeraHunt - Same! ADhd ;w; I've played Fable 2 so I know a little bit about it, enough to get by even though it's been years since I've played. I wish you luck! What's your HP fic about if I might ask?

What problems are you experiencing while writing?
@ColonelMarian | @Darkmoonbreeder (Since you wanted to join, tagged as well) -If you don't mind pinging the new horde here's the perma link for the Discord!

@MeraHunt - Same! ADhd ;w; I've played Fable 2 so I know a little bit about it, enough to get by even though it's been years since I've played. I wish you luck! What's your HP fic about if I might ask?

What problems are you experiencing while writing?
5S2hFjn.png
@KenjiSnow

I want to write my own version of a MoD!Harry time-travel fic because time travel is like, my favourite trope. My main problems are the planning and how much of a stickler I am for "does this character still seem like canon even with the new changes?". I always get hung up on if characters are OoC or not haha. That and deciding what I want to change and how it effects everything. It's a huge project for me, but I'm working on it slowly but surely. Don't wanna burn myself out and all.
@KenjiSnow

I want to write my own version of a MoD!Harry time-travel fic because time travel is like, my favourite trope. My main problems are the planning and how much of a stickler I am for "does this character still seem like canon even with the new changes?". I always get hung up on if characters are OoC or not haha. That and deciding what I want to change and how it effects everything. It's a huge project for me, but I'm working on it slowly but surely. Don't wanna burn myself out and all.
hANn2C0.gif
Quick disappearing ping to let everyone know that our Discord is up and running!

[nip]
Quick disappearing ping to let everyone know that our Discord is up and running!

[nip]
Hey, @Lundlaeva, did you have to take literary theory for your MA, or is it--as I suspect--because mine is English and CW?
Hey, @Lundlaeva, did you have to take literary theory for your MA, or is it--as I suspect--because mine is English and CW?
@INeverMiss I did the same - read the book in the late 2000s, was in the fandom for a bit, and then returned when the show came out. I was incredibly worried beforehand but I feel like they did a great job of transferring it from text to screen!

I'd love to know what you think of The Old Guard when you watch it! I've thoroughly enjoyed watching my Twitter friends gradually discover it and react accordingly.

Aaaa, thank you so much. Yeah, I agree, Bards are good vehicles for exploring cliches and, I hope, doing something fun with them if not something new! What I really need to properly get underway is some names now, haha.

@ColonelMarian No, there was no literary theory in my MA. It was mainly workshops and peer review/critique (no lectures) so we might have discussed bits and pieces of lit. theory but it wasn't taught or a requirement. I studied some lit. theory for my English Lit. BA and I was glad to escape it honestly. (All that said, I'm in the UK so my course might be very different to yours if you're in the US or elsewhere.)

Do you find that studying lit. theory helps you with your own personal writing ...? I'm not sure I've ever thought about it on that level, to be honest, even during my Masters.

@KenjiSnow Thanks for suggesting and setting up a Discord! Hopefully I'll see you in there at some point. :)
@INeverMiss I did the same - read the book in the late 2000s, was in the fandom for a bit, and then returned when the show came out. I was incredibly worried beforehand but I feel like they did a great job of transferring it from text to screen!

I'd love to know what you think of The Old Guard when you watch it! I've thoroughly enjoyed watching my Twitter friends gradually discover it and react accordingly.

Aaaa, thank you so much. Yeah, I agree, Bards are good vehicles for exploring cliches and, I hope, doing something fun with them if not something new! What I really need to properly get underway is some names now, haha.

@ColonelMarian No, there was no literary theory in my MA. It was mainly workshops and peer review/critique (no lectures) so we might have discussed bits and pieces of lit. theory but it wasn't taught or a requirement. I studied some lit. theory for my English Lit. BA and I was glad to escape it honestly. (All that said, I'm in the UK so my course might be very different to yours if you're in the US or elsewhere.)

Do you find that studying lit. theory helps you with your own personal writing ...? I'm not sure I've ever thought about it on that level, to be honest, even during my Masters.

@KenjiSnow Thanks for suggesting and setting up a Discord! Hopefully I'll see you in there at some point. :)
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
@Lundlaeva Oh, yours sounds more what I hear for an MFA. Lucky!

No, LT is driving me crazy, and is the sole reason I'm failing. x_x
@Lundlaeva Oh, yours sounds more what I hear for an MFA. Lucky!

No, LT is driving me crazy, and is the sole reason I'm failing. x_x
@ColonelMarian Aw, no, I'm so sorry to hear that! :( I wish I could help (let me know if I can somehow) ... I can definitely commiserate, I did not enjoy LT at all.
@ColonelMarian Aw, no, I'm so sorry to hear that! :( I wish I could help (let me know if I can somehow) ... I can definitely commiserate, I did not enjoy LT at all.
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13