Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WvP]NECROPOLOST[ cyoa] [SIGNUPS CLOSED]
1 2 ... 150 151 152 153 154 ... 160 161
Commodoria KEEPS the energy and makes for her escape.
Commodoria KEEPS the energy and makes for her escape.
thDLJf3.png
they/them
FR+10
enthusiast
..... 5xbfa7e.png Ysj1uQH.png Os4rDIr.png Uq85LDD.png
[center][columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/9833277][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/98333/9833277_350.png[/img][/url][nextcol][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/23282.png[/img][/columns][/center] [i]Standing before the EMERALD OBELISK, Anemosa peers deeply into the serene yet tensed gaze of the WIND SPECTRE. She knows that they had been here countless times before, similar and dissimilar in a way that disorients her. But after gathering herself back together, she asks the SPECTRE: [b]Where did these vines come from? Can we save you as well, without you ceasing to exist?[/b] Somewhat satisfied, Anemosa and a silent Sylph move on with a parting nod, a strange sadness filling them both.[/i] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2879712/142#post_44123740][img]https://i.imgur.com/92Xm12A.png[/img][/url][/center] ----- [i]Anemosa almost startles at the appearance of the FUNGAL GHAST from the dark, fragrant pool, but manages to keep herself together. Through a colorful haze of spores she meets strange eyes, a feeling of familiarity towards this being filling her. It becomes bearable quicker than before, and she carefully asks the GHAST her questions: [b]Will this event repeat again in a separate time? Is there a difference between CLAIMING and USING this gift?[/b] She gives the GHAST a parting nod as she turns from the RUBY OBELISK, heart strangely heavy.[/i] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2879712/142#post_44123747][img]https://i.imgur.com/dpgaGlm.png[/img][/url][/center] ----- [i]Anemosa stares at the CRYSTAL for a weighted moment, just out of reach from its brilliant arcs. She pulls her tunic closer to her body and turns towards her companion. "Strap yourself in before I grab this thing, alright?" she says, solemn. Sylph nods in understanding, slipping into one of the few empty pouches along Anemosa's side and hunkering down. She can sense the inevitable chaos on the horizon. Anemosa takes a calming breath before reaching out and decisively tugging the CRYSTAL from its dais. An ominous rumbling echoes around them almost immediately afterwards, and a calmness washes over her as that compacted magic slams into her very being. She has chosen to CLAIM HIS GIFT, and can only distantly hope that she has made the right choice.[/i] [center][sub](Feel free to ignore the questions! They are mainly there for RP purposes. [emoji=guardian happy size=1])[/sub][/center]
9833277_350.png 23282.png

Standing before the EMERALD OBELISK, Anemosa peers deeply into the serene yet tensed gaze of the WIND SPECTRE. She knows that they had been here countless times before, similar and dissimilar in a way that disorients her. But after gathering herself back together, she asks the SPECTRE:

Where did these vines come from?

Can we save you as well, without you ceasing to exist?

Somewhat satisfied, Anemosa and a silent Sylph move on with a parting nod, a strange sadness filling them both.

92Xm12A.png

Anemosa almost startles at the appearance of the FUNGAL GHAST from the dark, fragrant pool, but manages to keep herself together. Through a colorful haze of spores she meets strange eyes, a feeling of familiarity towards this being filling her. It becomes bearable quicker than before, and she carefully asks the GHAST her questions:

Will this event repeat again in a separate time?

Is there a difference between CLAIMING and USING this gift?

She gives the GHAST a parting nod as she turns from the RUBY OBELISK, heart strangely heavy.

dpgaGlm.png

Anemosa stares at the CRYSTAL for a weighted moment, just out of reach from its brilliant arcs. She pulls her tunic closer to her body and turns towards her companion.

"Strap yourself in before I grab this thing, alright?" she says, solemn. Sylph nods in understanding, slipping into one of the few empty pouches along Anemosa's side and hunkering down. She can sense the inevitable chaos on the horizon.

Anemosa takes a calming breath before reaching out and decisively tugging the CRYSTAL from its dais. An ominous rumbling echoes around them almost immediately afterwards, and a calmness washes over her as that compacted magic slams into her very being. She has chosen to CLAIM HIS GIFT, and can only distantly hope that she has made the right choice.

(Feel free to ignore the questions! They are mainly there for RP purposes. )
nMkuik2.gifsNtd9Dk.gif4AJs72V.pngl9DOymq.pngsNtd9Dk.gifRz7ZJcJ.png
Use gift

(I would write more but I've been so busy with meetings today... and it's the deadline ^^;)
Use gift

(I would write more but I've been so busy with meetings today... and it's the deadline ^^;)
Kunikuzushi
(Somehow entirely missed being pinged)

The two Mirrors converse quietly for a moment, before the larger one makes a choice. As this hatchlings mother, and as a proud fighter, its only right that she USE the energy.
(Somehow entirely missed being pinged)

The two Mirrors converse quietly for a moment, before the larger one makes a choice. As this hatchlings mother, and as a proud fighter, its only right that she USE the energy.
m5NMmDh.png
After discussing and deliberating over their choices, hearing/watching/feeling the not-memories of the ghasts, the pair of skydancers decide to follow their instincts.
They grab the crystal and CLAIM the Windsinger's gift.
After discussing and deliberating over their choices, hearing/watching/feeling the not-memories of the ghasts, the pair of skydancers decide to follow their instincts.
They grab the crystal and CLAIM the Windsinger's gift.
animated square of a pixel art scene linked to my shop for them. it is a foggy lake scene with a deciduous tree and a ghostly deerlike figure, the animation seems like a wind is blowing.__pale green corgi with windsinger-like wisps tugging a red diamond kite linked to cloudsong corgi adopts__circular badge showing the snakelike spirit of wind holding a paintbrush__pixel text reading FR+18, Artist, F2U with an arrow pointing to the image to right, and They/Them.a fake familiar icon showing a grey and rose gold recolor of the mindless flight familiar linked to f2u resource thread
Final Choice (sorry for it being long, choice is at the very bottom if tldr)

Tracker busied herself with viewing the wind memories, searching for answers to questions she did not ask, did not think to ask. She pointedly ignored the crystal, the unsteadiness of the platform beneath her, and the dwindling amount of time.

"Parry, come here. We should ask this one something, too."

"We don't need to," Parry said, refusing to move from her side. "You know what we have to do. If there's even a chance we can save them-"

Tracker shook her head, refusing to entertain the idea. "I know you want to be a hero, but it's not that easy. It doesnt feel like a heroic thing, to turn your back on someone who needs your help. To tell them that their lives aren't worth the risk. But how do you know it's not the right thing to do? How do you know we wont just let this thing out and infect the world?"

Parry shrugged. "I don't," she said, as casually as ever. "But I dont think the world would actually be over. Sure, the ghosts say that, since it's what their people feared. But they don't know either. There are brilliant minds in tempest spire and the observatory, I'm sure they would come up with something to fight this. Some new strain of the Wyrmwound could make us immune to its power, or maybe the great forges of ashfell could create weapons to defeat it."

Tracker felt herself being backed into a corner. She could understand what Parry was saying, but something wouldnt let her back down, wouldn't let her accept that this was the end of their adventure. "They won't know what it is until it's too late."

"That's why I'm going to take the gem," Parry said. You can observe what happens, and escape out that portal if the cavern starts to collapse. Then, you can report everything you found, and if the black lichen surfaces, the world will be ready for it."

Tracker wanted to move closer, to shake some sense into Parry, or maybe run away, but she couldn't move. It was a good plan. It made sense, and she knew it was the right thing to do. So why couldn't she agree? "I guess you found treasure after all," she said wryly, tilting her head towards the gem. "Of course you want to keep it. I could always make a nice drawing instead."

Parry's crests perked up in amusement. "You know the real treasure was the friends we made-"

"Stop. No. Ew. Dont even say that." Tracker sighed, feeling like she should say something in case she never saw her sister again. They had never been friends, and part of her had accepted long ago that Parry might die in battle any time she left the lair, but being here, in this moment... it was different in a way that defied any of the words that came to her. Instead, tracker took the steps needed to join her sister, pressing their foreheads together in a way that felt strange and too intimate for dragons who didnt really know each other. It was all she could do.

"I wont do it unless you agree." Parry closed her eyes, taking a heavy breath. "I don't want you to go home and tell everyone I died because I was reckless. We should make the decision together. Not you trusting me because you dont want us to hate each other. Not me going against your wishes because I think I know better. We both agree this is the right thing to do."

"Yes, it is." Tracker agreed, stepping back so she had a head start towards the portal. She had witnessed and recorded much in her relatively short life; victories and defeats in pursuit of dominance, festivals and competitions, anything her clan was proud to be a part of. She wondered what they would think of this.

The wind ghost looked a little forlorn watching them. Tracker felt a little bad about ignoring it, but she felt like the windows into other memories held enough information to know what it wanted. Safety. Assurance that this would never happen to anyone else. It was honorable, but it did not understand. Plague dragons needed each other to survive when their world was so hostile. If they had clung to something like life for this long, they deserved another chance. "I'm sorry," she told it, hoping that whatever Parry did might at least give the ghost some kind of peace.

Parry picked up the crystal, USING PLAGUEMOTHER'S GIFT.
Final Choice (sorry for it being long, choice is at the very bottom if tldr)

Tracker busied herself with viewing the wind memories, searching for answers to questions she did not ask, did not think to ask. She pointedly ignored the crystal, the unsteadiness of the platform beneath her, and the dwindling amount of time.

"Parry, come here. We should ask this one something, too."

"We don't need to," Parry said, refusing to move from her side. "You know what we have to do. If there's even a chance we can save them-"

Tracker shook her head, refusing to entertain the idea. "I know you want to be a hero, but it's not that easy. It doesnt feel like a heroic thing, to turn your back on someone who needs your help. To tell them that their lives aren't worth the risk. But how do you know it's not the right thing to do? How do you know we wont just let this thing out and infect the world?"

Parry shrugged. "I don't," she said, as casually as ever. "But I dont think the world would actually be over. Sure, the ghosts say that, since it's what their people feared. But they don't know either. There are brilliant minds in tempest spire and the observatory, I'm sure they would come up with something to fight this. Some new strain of the Wyrmwound could make us immune to its power, or maybe the great forges of ashfell could create weapons to defeat it."

Tracker felt herself being backed into a corner. She could understand what Parry was saying, but something wouldnt let her back down, wouldn't let her accept that this was the end of their adventure. "They won't know what it is until it's too late."

"That's why I'm going to take the gem," Parry said. You can observe what happens, and escape out that portal if the cavern starts to collapse. Then, you can report everything you found, and if the black lichen surfaces, the world will be ready for it."

Tracker wanted to move closer, to shake some sense into Parry, or maybe run away, but she couldn't move. It was a good plan. It made sense, and she knew it was the right thing to do. So why couldn't she agree? "I guess you found treasure after all," she said wryly, tilting her head towards the gem. "Of course you want to keep it. I could always make a nice drawing instead."

Parry's crests perked up in amusement. "You know the real treasure was the friends we made-"

"Stop. No. Ew. Dont even say that." Tracker sighed, feeling like she should say something in case she never saw her sister again. They had never been friends, and part of her had accepted long ago that Parry might die in battle any time she left the lair, but being here, in this moment... it was different in a way that defied any of the words that came to her. Instead, tracker took the steps needed to join her sister, pressing their foreheads together in a way that felt strange and too intimate for dragons who didnt really know each other. It was all she could do.

"I wont do it unless you agree." Parry closed her eyes, taking a heavy breath. "I don't want you to go home and tell everyone I died because I was reckless. We should make the decision together. Not you trusting me because you dont want us to hate each other. Not me going against your wishes because I think I know better. We both agree this is the right thing to do."

"Yes, it is." Tracker agreed, stepping back so she had a head start towards the portal. She had witnessed and recorded much in her relatively short life; victories and defeats in pursuit of dominance, festivals and competitions, anything her clan was proud to be a part of. She wondered what they would think of this.

The wind ghost looked a little forlorn watching them. Tracker felt a little bad about ignoring it, but she felt like the windows into other memories held enough information to know what it wanted. Safety. Assurance that this would never happen to anyone else. It was honorable, but it did not understand. Plague dragons needed each other to survive when their world was so hostile. If they had clung to something like life for this long, they deserved another chance. "I'm sorry," she told it, hoping that whatever Parry did might at least give the ghost some kind of peace.

Parry picked up the crystal, USING PLAGUEMOTHER'S GIFT.
UiEAFzH.png She/her

+2 FR Time

Cryptid Collection
_B12_L.pngo203-d01-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d02-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d03-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d04-Alo-Vra.pngo203-d05-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d01-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d02-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d03-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d04-Alo-Vra.pngo237-d05-Alo-Vra.png
Yarna considered very hard for a moment. What should she do? She was in charge of this adventure so Heth and Caspian looked to her for what they should do. Sighing, she asked Caspian what he thought they should do. He shrugged.
"Heth?" She said.
"Oh what?" He blinked. "Sorry. I wasn't paying attention."
She rubbed her forehead in exasperation.
"Well," She said. "I think...I think we'll use the gift."
"Are you sure?" Caspian asked.
"Yes." She nodded, becoming firm.

Actions:
-USE HER GIFT
Yarna considered very hard for a moment. What should she do? She was in charge of this adventure so Heth and Caspian looked to her for what they should do. Sighing, she asked Caspian what he thought they should do. He shrugged.
"Heth?" She said.
"Oh what?" He blinked. "Sorry. I wasn't paying attention."
She rubbed her forehead in exasperation.
"Well," She said. "I think...I think we'll use the gift."
"Are you sure?" Caspian asked.
"Yes." She nodded, becoming firm.

Actions:
-USE HER GIFT
"We get along, for the most part, me and reality"
-Grow Up, Paramore
@J0taro @bxy26 @sorrowspark @tynethyne @discowing @mewcoyote @risenwolr @boggymcbogface @ecetulle @xoanon @egglord1 @sylvidoptera @mudy @zulaya

Hello! You are getting this ping because the FINAL CHOICE will be posted in 4 hours and I do not have you recorded as having made a final choice! I know I promised more of a warning than this, and I am sorry - but at this point I am extremely uncomfortable with how long I've made people wait, and I have CHOICES recorded for roughly 90% of my active players!

If you actually have made a Choice: fret not - before I post anything, I will be combing through the responses to The Final Day to make sure I didn't miss anyone.

If you have interacted with the Final Day: You have until 20:00FRT to make a FINAL CHOICE to still receive credit for it; I will ping you to your ending once your decision is made (though it is relatively easy to tell which choice leads where).

If you have not interacted with the Final Day: I'm sorry, but you only have until the ENDINGS are posted to begin your interactions; though if you do interact, you can also put off your FINAL CHOICE until 20:00FRT.

I will still honor your QUESTIONS, but they might not receive attention until afterwards! I'm sorry!

To everyone else: I'm not pinging anyone for this; but I will be throwing up the endings at around 10:00FRT, after I've finished the remaining replies. I thank you for your patience! Real life is kind of a mess for a lot of people and I am very, very much not an exception.

The next CYOA will be much more streamlined - we have learned a lot from this one! - and raffle drawing will begin Saturday!
@J0taro @bxy26 @sorrowspark @tynethyne @discowing @mewcoyote @risenwolr @boggymcbogface @ecetulle @xoanon @egglord1 @sylvidoptera @mudy @zulaya

Hello! You are getting this ping because the FINAL CHOICE will be posted in 4 hours and I do not have you recorded as having made a final choice! I know I promised more of a warning than this, and I am sorry - but at this point I am extremely uncomfortable with how long I've made people wait, and I have CHOICES recorded for roughly 90% of my active players!

If you actually have made a Choice: fret not - before I post anything, I will be combing through the responses to The Final Day to make sure I didn't miss anyone.

If you have interacted with the Final Day: You have until 20:00FRT to make a FINAL CHOICE to still receive credit for it; I will ping you to your ending once your decision is made (though it is relatively easy to tell which choice leads where).

If you have not interacted with the Final Day: I'm sorry, but you only have until the ENDINGS are posted to begin your interactions; though if you do interact, you can also put off your FINAL CHOICE until 20:00FRT.

I will still honor your QUESTIONS, but they might not receive attention until afterwards! I'm sorry!

To everyone else: I'm not pinging anyone for this; but I will be throwing up the endings at around 10:00FRT, after I've finished the remaining replies. I thank you for your patience! Real life is kind of a mess for a lot of people and I am very, very much not an exception.

The next CYOA will be much more streamlined - we have learned a lot from this one! - and raffle drawing will begin Saturday!
nXERsAh.gif x
Quest
they/them

wishlist
skyquest
loreshop
x
hm6g4Hg.gif
z6yC46F.png
xx
vqpPMnZ.png x tumblr_inline_ny7iufldYa1qmzhvw_540.png
Having heard the memories and questions asked of the two spirits, Vinnie and Jinna looked at one another.

Vinnie, usually the more timid one in this adventure, was the first to state her opinion. "I think- who are we to say that dragons are better than dragon-fungus hybrids, you know? And the lichen won't happen again, so- maybe this is just another way of being a dragon. Plague's always had lots of strange rumors. And that's never stopped people from trading with them, or working with them, because- because you just learn how to keep yourself safe, if you don't want to catch something. So..."

Vinnie trails off.

Jinna nods. "I agree, Vinnie. This place isn't all bad, and we should save the good parts, since we have the chance to. As long as no one gets hurt- and we've been assured they won't- it's worth it."

The two intertwine their tails, stepping forward towards the GIFT. And, claws outstretched together, they USE it.
Having heard the memories and questions asked of the two spirits, Vinnie and Jinna looked at one another.

Vinnie, usually the more timid one in this adventure, was the first to state her opinion. "I think- who are we to say that dragons are better than dragon-fungus hybrids, you know? And the lichen won't happen again, so- maybe this is just another way of being a dragon. Plague's always had lots of strange rumors. And that's never stopped people from trading with them, or working with them, because- because you just learn how to keep yourself safe, if you don't want to catch something. So..."

Vinnie trails off.

Jinna nods. "I agree, Vinnie. This place isn't all bad, and we should save the good parts, since we have the chance to. As long as no one gets hurt- and we've been assured they won't- it's worth it."

The two intertwine their tails, stepping forward towards the GIFT. And, claws outstretched together, they USE it.
~Kit~They/Them~Lesbian~Spiral Lover~
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2879712/142#post_44123740][img]https://i.imgur.com/92Xm12A.png[/img][/url] [size=2]responding to [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2879712/151#post_44151165][b]this post[/b][/url][/center][/size] If this is a MEMORY, it's the swirling FOG that catches your eye, the light from the statues playing off it in a thousand tiny scenes; you can brush your claw across one of them to make it swell to cover the entirety of the basin. For a moment, there is almost the sensation of falling as the immersive scene shifts from something you are [i]watching[/i] into something you are [i]remembering[/i]... [right][img]https://i.imgur.com/iP6x87s.png[/img][/right] -------- @Bxy26 [i][font=sylfaen][size=5][color=#256606]You wish to know if the gift will be within you? Well.[/i] The spectre’s airy glow casts onto the monolith, although the only reflection cast back from its surface is the shape of the cavern walls, painted in low-light brushstrokes. [i][font=sylfaen][size=5][color=#256606]You have answered your own question, in a way. To claim something is to bear the weight of its power; it is not simply to own.[/i] [i][font=sylfaen][size=5][color=#256606]To carry the knowledge will not be easy, but it will be right, and it will be a blessing.[/i] It casts its gaze up, up, to where the open sky should be. [img]https://i.imgur.com/9MzR20p.png[/img] [emoji=gust]There is a [b][color=green]W[/color]INDY SPECTRE[/b] hovering before you, its shape a misty collection of water vapor limned with glowing green magic. At its feet there is a wide BASIN filled with a soupy fog. Every few seconds, wisps of energy breeze away from this spectre. [i][font=sylfaen][size=5][color=#256606]You must claim His gift,[/i] it tells you. [i][font=sylfaen][size=5][color=#256606]You must protect the world.[/i] (1/2 spectre questions remaining.) ----------- You cannot make your [b][color=red]F[/color]INAL [color=green]C[/color]HOICE[/b] from here * if you have not already made it). You must investigate the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/53893254][b][color=gray]C[/color]RYSTAL[/b][/url] or resume querying the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2879712/142#post_44123731][b]GHOSTS[/b].[/url]
92Xm12A.png
responding to this post

If this is a MEMORY, it's the swirling FOG that catches your eye, the light from the statues playing off it in a thousand tiny scenes; you can brush your claw across one of them to make it swell to cover the entirety of the basin. For a moment, there is almost the sensation of falling as the immersive scene shifts from something you are watching into something you are remembering...
iP6x87s.png

@Bxy26

You wish to know if the gift will be within you? Well.

The spectre’s airy glow casts onto the monolith, although the only reflection cast back from its surface is the shape of the cavern walls, painted in low-light brushstrokes. You have answered your own question, in a way. To claim something is to bear the weight of its power; it is not simply to own.

To carry the knowledge will not be easy, but it will be right, and it will be a blessing. It casts its gaze up, up, to where the open sky should be.

9MzR20p.png
There is a WINDY SPECTRE hovering before you, its shape a misty collection of water vapor limned with glowing green magic. At its feet there is a wide BASIN filled with a soupy fog. Every few seconds, wisps of energy breeze away from this spectre. You must claim His gift, it tells you. You must protect the world.
(1/2 spectre questions remaining.)

You cannot make your FINAL CHOICE from here * if you have not already made it). You must investigate the CRYSTAL or resume querying the GHOSTS.
nXERsAh.gif x
Quest
they/them

wishlist
skyquest
loreshop
x
hm6g4Hg.gif
z6yC46F.png
xx
vqpPMnZ.png x tumblr_inline_ny7iufldYa1qmzhvw_540.png
1 2 ... 150 151 152 153 154 ... 160 161