Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Quick, and Painful Thought
1 2 3
*cursed thought thread*

Okay, so we can like dragons.

But what if dragons had individual comment pages?

People could write things down there. On every single of a dragon of yours. They aren't that moderated, aka you need to report some if someone inserts gibberish or sort. And within the week or two of releasement, you can't turn them off.

Make matters worse, the comments would have a like/dislike system.

oh boy I do love my brain sometimes-
*cursed thought thread*

Okay, so we can like dragons.

But what if dragons had individual comment pages?

People could write things down there. On every single of a dragon of yours. They aren't that moderated, aka you need to report some if someone inserts gibberish or sort. And within the week or two of releasement, you can't turn them off.

Make matters worse, the comments would have a like/dislike system.

oh boy I do love my brain sometimes-
A bottle of Dasani (water)
Please drink water.

Step away if things get heated.
I was just thinking about this the other day. I think it could have the potential to both spell some cool things and absolutely disastrous things.
I was just thinking about this the other day. I think it could have the potential to both spell some cool things and absolutely disastrous things.
latest?cb=20140703135024.png
⊗ Max
⊗ 23
⊗xe/they
⊗ fr +2

sNd5wqe.png hphjQR4.png
89NiKF4.png COSMOSIS_tiny_sepia_logo.png EDjLhcC.png egg_fire_bouncy_by_dogi_crimson-dabjwuf.gifuD7taRL.png
kCHWEjf.png6dnHKBv.png
If it was just like the profile ones, and something you could turn off, I wouldn't mind it. Get your comments directly on a dragon as opposed to just on the general profile page.

With all those other things? Nah.
If it was just like the profile ones, and something you could turn off, I wouldn't mind it. Get your comments directly on a dragon as opposed to just on the general profile page.

With all those other things? Nah.
4QFtgPW.png
oh god i cant control myself lol. id be commenting on dragon's pages with 'JKHGHKRJ??? GGDGHJKJ?|?? HES SUCH A PRETTY BOYYYY'. im trying to be nice i swear haha
oh god i cant control myself lol. id be commenting on dragon's pages with 'JKHGHKRJ??? GGDGHJKJ?|?? HES SUCH A PRETTY BOYYYY'. im trying to be nice i swear haha
9fbec014932d0afc30da6fd2c36bc2ad26496952.png ePOliyb.png
UkjerOF.png
o7ZCFYm.png
VDqpTLf.png
kSsCpBU.png
AaYNmEX.png
2Dp2REm.png
wbvK3HZ.png
oczO35g.png
JDcLBdb.png
0f4639ddb8ec8007aa64d9018bee7bc1d8d4f7cd.png
...this could go so wrong so fast.
Some part of me wants to see it happen (as long as they can be turned off).
...this could go so wrong so fast.
Some part of me wants to see it happen (as long as they can be turned off).
as long as you could hide it and delete comments yourself (like the clan profile), i suppose i wouldn't mind it. for three minutes.
as long as you could hide it and delete comments yourself (like the clan profile), i suppose i wouldn't mind it. for three minutes.
i think i know of a few petsites that have this feature, like dappervolk; if it was made with the right functions, like ability to delete/disable, i actually think it could be pretty fun ~~
i think i know of a few petsites that have this feature, like dappervolk; if it was made with the right functions, like ability to delete/disable, i actually think it could be pretty fun ~~
982e91dbc7f097a84f83f575a968ab661ca40142.png3vut1Uw.png0a6dcacc49d715ea28c044e54583b74cdd73b59a.png
wlws/august
she/her
lesbian
about me
artfight
art credit
I think, if done right, it would be an interesting addition to the site. Having complements to your dragons be right there under their profile would keep it organized, instead of being scattered throughout the clan profile page.

Like others said, you should be able to disable/hide them from the profiles, and having the ability to delete comments is a must as well. I don't really think I would like the comments themselves to have a like/dislike feature though
I think, if done right, it would be an interesting addition to the site. Having complements to your dragons be right there under their profile would keep it organized, instead of being scattered throughout the clan profile page.

Like others said, you should be able to disable/hide them from the profiles, and having the ability to delete comments is a must as well. I don't really think I would like the comments themselves to have a like/dislike feature though
FTuaU7Y.png
The biggest thing I can see cropping up is just the sheer amount of bloat it would cause. We have almost 63 MILLION dragons on the site. Not all of them would get comments, but then, some would get a LOT of comments. Also what happens mechanically if a dragon with comments gets exalted? Are those comments lost forever, or saved?

Probably not worth the storage space when one can already post on the lair page, have a forum thread, or just DM the user who owns the dragon.
The biggest thing I can see cropping up is just the sheer amount of bloat it would cause. We have almost 63 MILLION dragons on the site. Not all of them would get comments, but then, some would get a LOT of comments. Also what happens mechanically if a dragon with comments gets exalted? Are those comments lost forever, or saved?

Probably not worth the storage space when one can already post on the lair page, have a forum thread, or just DM the user who owns the dragon.
Tales of the Clan
As long as you can disable it and delete comments on it similarly to the profile comments, I wouldnt mind it. Not everyone would use it positively, some might use it to say 'would you sell this dragon' or advertise sales or do the 'like for like' things , so deleting comments would definitely be needed. It would be funny to see the comments on meme dragons though.
As long as you can disable it and delete comments on it similarly to the profile comments, I wouldnt mind it. Not everyone would use it positively, some might use it to say 'would you sell this dragon' or advertise sales or do the 'like for like' things , so deleting comments would definitely be needed. It would be funny to see the comments on meme dragons though.
6f240e0b704e02ff9014958a307cf049.jpg
1 2 3