Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | questions for all Artists !
1 2
[img]http://i.imgur.com/6BIYuVl.png[/img] how often do you draw ? [font=garamond][size=5][b]All the time- It's my escape from all my problems/concerns. [/b][/size][/font] how long have you been doing art ? [font=garamond][size=5][b]Since I was probably 6 but I haven't actually been focusing on improving since I was in 13? Im 16 currently. [/b][/size][/font] what resources do you use for digital art (programs, drawing tablets, brushes, sites, etc.) [font=garamond][size=5][b]I use procreate on an ipad pro, which for sketching I use the procreate pencil and for lineart I use the studio pen. [/b][/size][/font] do you have any advice or other things you would like to add ? [font=garamond][size=5][b]Keep drawing~ and don't be afraid to occasionally let the pencil guide you instead of you guiding it.[/b][/size][/font]
6BIYuVl.png

how often do you draw ?

All the time- It's my escape from all my problems/concerns.

how long have you been doing art ?

Since I was probably 6 but I haven't actually been focusing on improving since I was in 13? Im 16 currently.

what resources do you use for digital art (programs, drawing tablets, brushes, sites, etc.)

I use procreate on an ipad pro, which for sketching I use the procreate pencil and for lineart I use the studio pen.

do you have any advice or other things you would like to add ?

Keep drawing~ and don't be afraid to occasionally let the pencil guide you instead of you guiding it.
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3084436#post_3084436 Get yourself some free dragons before they go in goop mom’s goo
[b]how often do you draw ?[/b] [indent]I draw usually everyday for 2-3 hours, but during the school year I can get a bit busier! I do my best though, and I am constantly doodling.[/indent] [b]how long have you been doing art ?[/b] [indent]I have been drawing for 5ish years! I'd say I didn't take it as seriously back then but that is when I started actually taking a liking to it and pursuing it more. I didn't know how big of a hobby it would be for me until a couple years later.[/indent] [b]what resources do you use for digital art (programs, drawing tablets, brushes, sites, etc.)[/b] [indent]I have a Wacom Cintiq Pro, and I use photoshop to draw. However, I understand that this is not a tool for somebody just starting art so I will explain my past tools (I just got my Cintiq about 2 months or so ago) Before this, I had an ipad and an ipencil, and I used procreate. I already had these tools in my house, and procreate (an app) is only $10, so it worked out! I looooved procreate, my favorite program for art by far. [s]I am still getting used to photoshop, LOL[/s] And before that, I had a Wacom Intuos and used Paint Tool SAI and FireAlpaca and Medibang. All of those tools were pretty similar, but I liked paint tool sai since I could add my own brushes. I wasn't a big fan of the Wacom Intuos because my hand-eye coordination was not the best and I struggled to get in lines that I liked. It took a lot of getting used to, and eventually I did, but I still like seeing what I am drawing. Before that even, it was just a computer mouse and pencil/paper. [/indent] [b]do you have any advice or other things you would like to add ?[/b] [indent]Don't give up! It is going to be hard and you are going to feel like you aren't improving, but you will with time and dedication. Putting in the work is 100% worth it![/indent] [b]2 year improvement of my art:[/b] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/439547444477296641/731202413268303982/gunsandships.png[/img] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/439547444477296641/731202453944664195/msss.png[/img]
how often do you draw ?
I draw usually everyday for 2-3 hours, but during the school year I can get a bit busier! I do my best though, and I am constantly doodling.

I have been drawing for 5ish years! I'd say I didn't take it as seriously back then but that is when I started actually taking a liking to it and pursuing it more. I didn't know how big of a hobby it would be for me until a couple years later.

what resources do you use for digital art (programs, drawing tablets, brushes, sites, etc.)
I have a Wacom Cintiq Pro, and I use photoshop to draw. However, I understand that this is not a tool for somebody just starting art so I will explain my past tools (I just got my Cintiq about 2 months or so ago) Before this, I had an ipad and an ipencil, and I used procreate. I already had these tools in my house, and procreate (an app) is only $10, so it worked out! I looooved procreate, my favorite program for art by far. I am still getting used to photoshop, LOL And before that, I had a Wacom Intuos and used Paint Tool SAI and FireAlpaca and Medibang. All of those tools were pretty similar, but I liked paint tool sai since I could add my own brushes. I wasn't a big fan of the Wacom Intuos because my hand-eye coordination was not the best and I struggled to get in lines that I liked. It took a lot of getting used to, and eventually I did, but I still like seeing what I am drawing. Before that even, it was just a computer mouse and pencil/paper.

Don't give up! It is going to be hard and you are going to feel like you aren't improving, but you will with time and dedication. Putting in the work is 100% worth it!

2 year improvement of my art:

gunsandships.png

msss.png
Hello!! Im glad youve found an interest in art, it can be really fun (but also time consuming)

how often do you draw ? This varies, it usually depends on my mood/environment. I can go at it all day or only manage a few lines. I do try and complete something at least once every two weeks or so.

how long have you been doing art ? Since I was real small, before i can remember tbh. I'm 21 now and still at it, trying to put it to use in chasing a graphic design career!

what resources do you use for digital art (programs, drawing tablets, brushes, sites, etc.) i used to do traditional, but thats all but stopped since I got an iPad pro. I use procreate on it, 6b pencil for sketching and studio pen for lineart.

do you have any advice or other things you would like to add ? don't ever give up. it is so easy to look at other peoples' artwork and think "wow i am nowhere near that good", to lose motivation, feel discouraged, etc. but art is something you can only ever grow in. it takes time, but improvement comes. keep at it and it will reward you!!
Hello!! Im glad youve found an interest in art, it can be really fun (but also time consuming)

how often do you draw ? This varies, it usually depends on my mood/environment. I can go at it all day or only manage a few lines. I do try and complete something at least once every two weeks or so.

how long have you been doing art ? Since I was real small, before i can remember tbh. I'm 21 now and still at it, trying to put it to use in chasing a graphic design career!

what resources do you use for digital art (programs, drawing tablets, brushes, sites, etc.) i used to do traditional, but thats all but stopped since I got an iPad pro. I use procreate on it, 6b pencil for sketching and studio pen for lineart.

do you have any advice or other things you would like to add ? don't ever give up. it is so easy to look at other peoples' artwork and think "wow i am nowhere near that good", to lose motivation, feel discouraged, etc. but art is something you can only ever grow in. it takes time, but improvement comes. keep at it and it will reward you!!
JflGBHo.png
[b]how often do you draw ?[/b] pretty often, usually every day but sometimes not. [b]how long have you been doing art ?[/b] uhhh, no clue. 16 atm, and i've been doing it at least since elementary school. [b]what resources do you use for digital art (programs, drawing tablets, brushes, sites, etc.)[/b] used to do exclusively traditional (mechanical pencils, i can't stand regular ones at all) but i've switched to a lot more digital. i use a wacom tablet with a stylus, and Clip Studio Paint. [b]do you have any advice or other things you would like to add ?[/b] look at other people's art. find what you look, copy those style elements (or bring those in to your work occasionally), experiment, see what you like and don't like. this will help you find your own style (not necessarily to focus on, just to help you evolve while you improve on other things like compostition, etc), and also give you more inspiration. if you're competitive, looking at people somewhat better than you can give you motivation to draw (at least for me). it makes me want to improve, and if not be better than them, at least be able to match their level. some improvement: 3 years ago, i think? i remember being so proud of this lol [img]https://i.imgur.com/Kxa7fOA.png[/img] recently did this [img]https://i.imgur.com/7SMpavF.png[/img] don't even get me started on my humans lmao. i started doing them in late-ish middle school, and oh my god, they were [i]horrible[/i]. unfortunately i don't have any to show, but yeesh. now i'm doing quite a bit better with them. oh and, if there's anything you really hate drawing because it looks horrible (like me with humans), [i]do it.[/i] there is no better way to improve than to actually draw the thing. i also started drawing hands a bunch in class, and now they're one of my favorite things to draw, instead of least favorite. if you ever want more advice or something, feel free to pm me! i love talking about art. especially if you want critique on anything, i'm up for it if you feel like doing so.
how often do you draw ?
pretty often, usually every day but sometimes not.
uhhh, no clue. 16 atm, and i've been doing it at least since elementary school.
used to do exclusively traditional (mechanical pencils, i can't stand regular ones at all) but i've switched to a lot more digital. i use a wacom tablet with a stylus, and Clip Studio Paint.
look at other people's art. find what you look, copy those style elements (or bring those in to your work occasionally), experiment, see what you like and don't like. this will help you find your own style (not necessarily to focus on, just to help you evolve while you improve on other things like compostition, etc), and also give you more inspiration. if you're competitive, looking at people somewhat better than you can give you motivation to draw (at least for me). it makes me want to improve, and if not be better than them, at least be able to match their level.

some improvement:
3 years ago, i think? i remember being so proud of this lol
Kxa7fOA.png
recently did this
7SMpavF.png

don't even get me started on my humans lmao. i started doing them in late-ish middle school, and oh my god, they were horrible. unfortunately i don't have any to show, but yeesh. now i'm doing quite a bit better with them.

oh and, if there's anything you really hate drawing because it looks horrible (like me with humans), do it. there is no better way to improve than to actually draw the thing. i also started drawing hands a bunch in class, and now they're one of my favorite things to draw, instead of least favorite.

if you ever want more advice or something, feel free to pm me! i love talking about art. especially if you want critique on anything, i'm up for it if you feel like doing so.
ohh making a game with your friends sounds super cool! i hope it goes well, and i hope some of what i say can help :]

how often do you draw ?
there was a time period when i was 15-16 where i drew like almost daily... buuut i don't do that anymore because of burnout and lack of energy from school and stuff. now i draw at least a couple times a week for periods of time that range from 30 min to a couple hours total.

i think i've been using drawing as a way of having fun since elementary, so i technically started when i was 7... but i haven't really been actively trying to improve myself until sophomore year which was like 1 year ago (lol)

i use a really old wacom model that probably isn't the best to recommend... bamboo touch & create CTH670, its main defining trait is that it's decently big. you should probably seek better tablets though haha

as for programs, i'm a really big clip studio paint supporter!! it's got a lot of features and is honestly a great software to draw with because it's specifically made with artists in mind. it's a one time purchase and goes on sale very often (sale price for pro is $25), not to mention there's a huuuge clip studio official resource hub where people upload all sorts of custom brushes and materials for free use (or purchase sometimes).

.. well, lately i mostly just use the default mechanical pencil tool, but the custom stuff aspect is still there!

i sound a bit like a csp advertiser haha but i promise i just like the program a lot and think it has artists in mind compared to like.. photoshop costing an arm and a leg and not even being made for art in the first place

figure drawing can take you a loooong way. here's a site i used a lot when i was figure drawing myself, i found it pretty useful!

while artwork definitely doesn't have to be defined by reality, it's still important to know what exactly reality looks like so that your creations aren't too detached from it. make sure to draw from photography or real life when you can to practice; the more you draw things, the more quickly and accurately you'll be able to draw them from memory.

oh, and make sure you're having fun when you draw! that makes it a lot easier to motivate yourself to improve ^^

one last thing... don't be afraid to use photo references when drawing! i dunno if people still say references are bad, but they really aren't. if you find yourself stuck on a part of a drawing, searching up a reference photo (or even taking a picture of yourself doing the needed pose if possible) can be super helpful.

... this got really long, but again, i hope it helps! good luck with everything, it's always exciting seeing someone start their art journey :]

edit: oh yeah, for my art... here's a link to a whole collection dating all the way back to sophomore year. you can definitely see the improvement, haha
ohh making a game with your friends sounds super cool! i hope it goes well, and i hope some of what i say can help :]

how often do you draw ?
there was a time period when i was 15-16 where i drew like almost daily... buuut i don't do that anymore because of burnout and lack of energy from school and stuff. now i draw at least a couple times a week for periods of time that range from 30 min to a couple hours total.

i think i've been using drawing as a way of having fun since elementary, so i technically started when i was 7... but i haven't really been actively trying to improve myself until sophomore year which was like 1 year ago (lol)

i use a really old wacom model that probably isn't the best to recommend... bamboo touch & create CTH670, its main defining trait is that it's decently big. you should probably seek better tablets though haha

as for programs, i'm a really big clip studio paint supporter!! it's got a lot of features and is honestly a great software to draw with because it's specifically made with artists in mind. it's a one time purchase and goes on sale very often (sale price for pro is $25), not to mention there's a huuuge clip studio official resource hub where people upload all sorts of custom brushes and materials for free use (or purchase sometimes).

.. well, lately i mostly just use the default mechanical pencil tool, but the custom stuff aspect is still there!

i sound a bit like a csp advertiser haha but i promise i just like the program a lot and think it has artists in mind compared to like.. photoshop costing an arm and a leg and not even being made for art in the first place

figure drawing can take you a loooong way. here's a site i used a lot when i was figure drawing myself, i found it pretty useful!

while artwork definitely doesn't have to be defined by reality, it's still important to know what exactly reality looks like so that your creations aren't too detached from it. make sure to draw from photography or real life when you can to practice; the more you draw things, the more quickly and accurately you'll be able to draw them from memory.

oh, and make sure you're having fun when you draw! that makes it a lot easier to motivate yourself to improve ^^

one last thing... don't be afraid to use photo references when drawing! i dunno if people still say references are bad, but they really aren't. if you find yourself stuck on a part of a drawing, searching up a reference photo (or even taking a picture of yourself doing the needed pose if possible) can be super helpful.

... this got really long, but again, i hope it helps! good luck with everything, it's always exciting seeing someone start their art journey :]

edit: oh yeah, for my art... here's a link to a whole collection dating all the way back to sophomore year. you can definitely see the improvement, haha
globules.png
how often do you draw ? Once or twice a day, I think.
how long have you been doing art ? Since I could pick up a pencil, literally.
what resources do you use for digital art (programs, drawing tablets, brushes, sites, etc.) Oh ma pen n ma paper. For digital deviant art muro.
do you have any advice or other things you would like to add ? Nooooooo
how often do you draw ? Once or twice a day, I think.
how long have you been doing art ? Since I could pick up a pencil, literally.
what resources do you use for digital art (programs, drawing tablets, brushes, sites, etc.) Oh ma pen n ma paper. For digital deviant art muro.
do you have any advice or other things you would like to add ? Nooooooo
MwNNHzr.png
  • how often do you draw ?

For me it really depends on how motivated I am, but usually ever other day.
  • how long have you been doing art ?

Mmm.. that's a tough question because I've been drawing for longer than I can remember, but I'd say roughly 16-17 years. Not that my art has been or skills improved very quickly. I'm definitely a slow learner. XD
  • what resources do you use for digital art (programs, drawing tablets, brushes, sites, etc.)

I actually use MediBang Paint Pro as well! I usually just use the default Pencil, Eraser, and Watercolor brushes. My tablet is kind of old but it does it's job, it's the Wacom Intuos cth 480.
    If I ever need help with posing characters I usually use this site if I can't find any references online.
  • do you have any advice or other things you would like to add ?

If you want to have a program with really nice textured brushes (for free) I've heard that GIMP and Autodesk Sketchbook are good.

I think that a couple of things I have learned over the years are that:
    - you should never give up if it's what you enjoy doing even if it's hard and you feel stuck.
    - References are your best friends.

there might be something I forgot to say but I'll edit later if I remember something.
  • how often do you draw ?

For me it really depends on how motivated I am, but usually ever other day.
  • how long have you been doing art ?

Mmm.. that's a tough question because I've been drawing for longer than I can remember, but I'd say roughly 16-17 years. Not that my art has been or skills improved very quickly. I'm definitely a slow learner. XD
  • what resources do you use for digital art (programs, drawing tablets, brushes, sites, etc.)

I actually use MediBang Paint Pro as well! I usually just use the default Pencil, Eraser, and Watercolor brushes. My tablet is kind of old but it does it's job, it's the Wacom Intuos cth 480.
    If I ever need help with posing characters I usually use this site if I can't find any references online.
  • do you have any advice or other things you would like to add ?

If you want to have a program with really nice textured brushes (for free) I've heard that GIMP and Autodesk Sketchbook are good.

I think that a couple of things I have learned over the years are that:
    - you should never give up if it's what you enjoy doing even if it's hard and you feel stuck.
    - References are your best friends.

there might be something I forgot to say but I'll edit later if I remember something.
vdZWq.gif Koshi
They/He

---
sometimes i draw
Please click my eggs ^-^
bee bee bee

cv4tJ.gif
1 2