Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | New and looking to learn
Greetings all

I am new here (but not new to the genre). I look forward to meeting new folks and making new friends. I welcome any guidance that the lifers are willing to share!

Any help you want to give is appreciated, though none is expected!

Goldambre
Greetings all

I am new here (but not new to the genre). I look forward to meeting new folks and making new friends. I welcome any guidance that the lifers are willing to share!

Any help you want to give is appreciated, though none is expected!

Goldambre
Welcome to flight rising! I’d definitely check out your flight’s personal forums, as they usually have a lot of stuff for newbies :)
Welcome to flight rising! I’d definitely check out your flight’s personal forums, as they usually have a lot of stuff for newbies :)
tumblr_nr8b59v56x1tk8rwxo8_100.png blep
They/She
Fr +3 hrs

blep
hjjO1Gz.png Blep
Thank you @QueenPersephone. I am busy reading all that my flight has to offer! There is a lot to digest.
Thank you @QueenPersephone. I am busy reading all that my flight has to offer! There is a lot to digest.
Hello and welcome @Goldambre :)

Here are just a few useful links I know of:

I'm sure there are loads more, and even posts about where to find more useful posts xD but that's all I've got on hand.
I definitely wouldn't say I'm extremely experienced on here (I've had FR since 2018 but have only been hardcore active for a few months I think) but I can probably help if you have any questions :)

- P.s. I see that you don't have a lot of gened dragons. I'm pretty sure it's really hard starting out and not having like ANYTHING, so if you want you can PM me any genes/species you're interested in; I kind of have a lot of dergs that are sitting doing nothing xD and I may be able to send you one!
Hello and welcome @Goldambre :)

Here are just a few useful links I know of:

I'm sure there are loads more, and even posts about where to find more useful posts xD but that's all I've got on hand.
I definitely wouldn't say I'm extremely experienced on here (I've had FR since 2018 but have only been hardcore active for a few months I think) but I can probably help if you have any questions :)

- P.s. I see that you don't have a lot of gened dragons. I'm pretty sure it's really hard starting out and not having like ANYTHING, so if you want you can PM me any genes/species you're interested in; I kind of have a lot of dergs that are sitting doing nothing xD and I may be able to send you one!
She/Her | Artwork

LEpJMnn.png rolz5s9.png
BT1N47G.pngLRdLP2V.pngmlHpBMC.png

OpalTitanium
@Goldambre

Hi, welcome to Flight Rising ^^

Great daily activities:
  • Visit Pinkerton at the Trading Post! He's trying to help his sister's hoarding problem, so he'll give you a free item every day. Sometimes it's food or a random trinket, sometimes it's more valuable - like a Familiar, or a Battle Stone!
  • Gather Items! You get 10-15 gathering turns every day, so your dragons can stock up on supplies! There are six types of gathering you can do. Most of them will get food for your lair, but Digging and Scavenging get trinkets, and will rarely turn up treasure chests (Digging), or unhatched dragon eggs (Scavenging), which are very valuable!

Ways to make money early on:
  • The Fairgrounds are a great way to make treasure, because the only thing you have to invest is time! Glimmer & Gloom can be very tricky, but it has the quickest payout. Players have made a lot of great guides for it, which can be found in the Guides forums! Mistral Mahjong is another great-paying game, but I've seen people use Jigsaw, Artifracture, and Shock Switch to get treasure as well. Try a few and play whatever is funnest to you!
  • Selling spare hatchlings on the Auction House can build up a lot of dragon money over time! Dragons generally sell for more as adults, so make sure to check the current prices!
  • If you have three adult dragons, you can start battling in the Coliseum! It's slow in the beginning, starting from level one, but while your dragons are out fighting in the wilds, they can find some really cool items (such as rare Apparel, Familiars, Battle Stones, Gene Scrolls, and even unhatched dragon eggs)! You can either keep these, or sell them!
  • If you have any Familiars, give them to your dragons and bond with them daily! They only give a small amount of treasure, but it builds up over time, and you get treasure chests as rewards when they level up!
  • If you keep your lair fed and happy for so many days in a row, you'll start to get a bonus! Every day that you keep it up, you'll get a little boost of treasure, and one gem! So logging in to take care of your dragons has its rewards ^^

How to get dragons?:
  • Breeding your dragons will yield you some hatchlings over time. Depending on the parents, you can get some really unique combinations from your nests. Also, they're rare, but keep your eye out for hatchlings with special eyes! Multi-Gaze and Primal dragons can sometimes be worth a good bit on the Auction House!
  • The Raffle & Giveaway forums often have spare dragons set aside for new players, in case you guys want them! So you might find a few cheap or free dragons there to get yourself started with!
  • The auction house usually sells dragons pretty cheap! Right now, there's a Dominance push (massive amounts of cheap dragons are being bought for a competition between the flights) so the price of dragons are about double what they normally are. Check back on Sunday, and they should have settled down to around 6-8kt (which you can get in about three games of Mistral Mahjong)!
  • If you find an unhatched egg while Scavenging (or while in the Coliseum), you can hatch it and get a new Gen 1 baby! Unhatched eggs do sell for a lot on the Auction House (around 370,000 treasure or so), but the first egg you find can have sentimental value. They're rare, but if you play long enough, you'll always find more later to sell!

I hope this helped give you some ideas! There's a lot to do on Flight Rising, but the community generally loves their new players and want to help! So if it gets overwhelming, don't be afraid to ask questions! ^^
@Goldambre

Hi, welcome to Flight Rising ^^

Great daily activities:
  • Visit Pinkerton at the Trading Post! He's trying to help his sister's hoarding problem, so he'll give you a free item every day. Sometimes it's food or a random trinket, sometimes it's more valuable - like a Familiar, or a Battle Stone!
  • Gather Items! You get 10-15 gathering turns every day, so your dragons can stock up on supplies! There are six types of gathering you can do. Most of them will get food for your lair, but Digging and Scavenging get trinkets, and will rarely turn up treasure chests (Digging), or unhatched dragon eggs (Scavenging), which are very valuable!

Ways to make money early on:
  • The Fairgrounds are a great way to make treasure, because the only thing you have to invest is time! Glimmer & Gloom can be very tricky, but it has the quickest payout. Players have made a lot of great guides for it, which can be found in the Guides forums! Mistral Mahjong is another great-paying game, but I've seen people use Jigsaw, Artifracture, and Shock Switch to get treasure as well. Try a few and play whatever is funnest to you!
  • Selling spare hatchlings on the Auction House can build up a lot of dragon money over time! Dragons generally sell for more as adults, so make sure to check the current prices!
  • If you have three adult dragons, you can start battling in the Coliseum! It's slow in the beginning, starting from level one, but while your dragons are out fighting in the wilds, they can find some really cool items (such as rare Apparel, Familiars, Battle Stones, Gene Scrolls, and even unhatched dragon eggs)! You can either keep these, or sell them!
  • If you have any Familiars, give them to your dragons and bond with them daily! They only give a small amount of treasure, but it builds up over time, and you get treasure chests as rewards when they level up!
  • If you keep your lair fed and happy for so many days in a row, you'll start to get a bonus! Every day that you keep it up, you'll get a little boost of treasure, and one gem! So logging in to take care of your dragons has its rewards ^^

How to get dragons?:
  • Breeding your dragons will yield you some hatchlings over time. Depending on the parents, you can get some really unique combinations from your nests. Also, they're rare, but keep your eye out for hatchlings with special eyes! Multi-Gaze and Primal dragons can sometimes be worth a good bit on the Auction House!
  • The Raffle & Giveaway forums often have spare dragons set aside for new players, in case you guys want them! So you might find a few cheap or free dragons there to get yourself started with!
  • The auction house usually sells dragons pretty cheap! Right now, there's a Dominance push (massive amounts of cheap dragons are being bought for a competition between the flights) so the price of dragons are about double what they normally are. Check back on Sunday, and they should have settled down to around 6-8kt (which you can get in about three games of Mistral Mahjong)!
  • If you find an unhatched egg while Scavenging (or while in the Coliseum), you can hatch it and get a new Gen 1 baby! Unhatched eggs do sell for a lot on the Auction House (around 370,000 treasure or so), but the first egg you find can have sentimental value. They're rare, but if you play long enough, you'll always find more later to sell!

I hope this helped give you some ideas! There's a lot to do on Flight Rising, but the community generally loves their new players and want to help! So if it gets overwhelming, don't be afraid to ask questions! ^^
A gentle soul who likes to help new players. Also called Mawk.

Merry Meet! It's always nice to see new players!

I've been on FR for nearly four years and the main thing I recommend is do your daily chores. Doing the bare minimum of you feeding your dragons, bonding with familairs, and gathering food will do you loads of good.

Now, it's also important to check the Trading Post when you can. There are opportunities to earn some extra treasure every hour so keep that in mind!

If you want to go the extra mile, you should train the dragons you wouldn't like to keep up to level 7 in the Coliseum. When you exalt them, you will average around 10000 treasure with each one and it will bring up your clan in the rankings.

I hope this helps and remember to have fun!
Merry Meet! It's always nice to see new players!

I've been on FR for nearly four years and the main thing I recommend is do your daily chores. Doing the bare minimum of you feeding your dragons, bonding with familairs, and gathering food will do you loads of good.

Now, it's also important to check the Trading Post when you can. There are opportunities to earn some extra treasure every hour so keep that in mind!

If you want to go the extra mile, you should train the dragons you wouldn't like to keep up to level 7 in the Coliseum. When you exalt them, you will average around 10000 treasure with each one and it will bring up your clan in the rankings.

I hope this helps and remember to have fun!
You will find no answers, only choices.