Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Real life terrors - People with jobs?
1 2 3 4 5
It feels like there are so many students around here. Where are my fellow working peeps? What do you do? Do you like it, or is it a total drag? Do you sneak online at work to feed your dragons?
It feels like there are so many students around here. Where are my fellow working peeps? What do you do? Do you like it, or is it a total drag? Do you sneak online at work to feed your dragons?
@OmakeLady
*raises hand* Waitress here.
Don't particularly like it.
It's not bad either. Only when I get yelled at by customers for not doing another person's job, which does happen.
@OmakeLady
*raises hand* Waitress here.
Don't particularly like it.
It's not bad either. Only when I get yelled at by customers for not doing another person's job, which does happen.
DuLvCwY.png
@teiraa Man, that blows. Nothing is worse than catching flack for something you have nothing to do with. I cashier at a car wash, and I get yelled at all the time because the washers missed a spot.
@teiraa Man, that blows. Nothing is worse than catching flack for something you have nothing to do with. I cashier at a car wash, and I get yelled at all the time because the washers missed a spot.
Pharmacy Tech here. Woo full time blue collar work. I'm looking for job number two at the moment. how are y'all holding up?

@teiraa ah Waitressing. I have a love-hate relationship with it. Great for days of good tips. Horrid for days with no tips. I never liked the instability of it. Do you at least get to keep what you make day to day?
Pharmacy Tech here. Woo full time blue collar work. I'm looking for job number two at the moment. how are y'all holding up?

@teiraa ah Waitressing. I have a love-hate relationship with it. Great for days of good tips. Horrid for days with no tips. I never liked the instability of it. Do you at least get to keep what you make day to day?
Tumblr yo.
@OmakeLady
My first solo day a man yelled at me because THE WEEK BEFORE his food was cold. He cussed at me, told me I better not mess up his order this time, and that if I did he was going to be super angry. -.- I mean really?

@PsycArtist
Yeah, there's no tip sharing where I'm at. I think the only thing we do is give 20% of tips on alcohol to bartenders because they make the drinks. Otherwise, we get the rest. It's not a bad deal. A few nights ago, a coworker of mine was tipped $0.00 on a $70.00 tab. He handled it so well, though. He said, "Well, that happens sometimes." I looked up (this is my first waitressing job), and asked, "Really?" (Because if that's going to happen a lot I need to look elsewhere.) His face was stone cold, "Nope. Actually it really doesn't." I could tell he was super angry, but with there being nothing he could do about it he bottled it in.
@OmakeLady
My first solo day a man yelled at me because THE WEEK BEFORE his food was cold. He cussed at me, told me I better not mess up his order this time, and that if I did he was going to be super angry. -.- I mean really?

@PsycArtist
Yeah, there's no tip sharing where I'm at. I think the only thing we do is give 20% of tips on alcohol to bartenders because they make the drinks. Otherwise, we get the rest. It's not a bad deal. A few nights ago, a coworker of mine was tipped $0.00 on a $70.00 tab. He handled it so well, though. He said, "Well, that happens sometimes." I looked up (this is my first waitressing job), and asked, "Really?" (Because if that's going to happen a lot I need to look elsewhere.) His face was stone cold, "Nope. Actually it really doesn't." I could tell he was super angry, but with there being nothing he could do about it he bottled it in.
DuLvCwY.png
Hi there! I work full-time at a smaller university, in the registrar's office. It's the first job I've had in a while where I'm not underground and have windows to the outside! ALSO it's slowly making me lose faith in students AND teachers when it comes to deadlines/reading comprehension i.e. emails.

BUT I do really like it. I only work with 3 other people so there's no nasty, gossipy drama. PLUS PUPPY VISITS.
Hi there! I work full-time at a smaller university, in the registrar's office. It's the first job I've had in a while where I'm not underground and have windows to the outside! ALSO it's slowly making me lose faith in students AND teachers when it comes to deadlines/reading comprehension i.e. emails.

BUT I do really like it. I only work with 3 other people so there's no nasty, gossipy drama. PLUS PUPPY VISITS.
oKZOZJE.gif

wishlist
foliage • FR +3
I was a vet tech for two years. Now I'm an admin with my mom's realtor group--basically means I get paid to blog haha, it's nice.

Working as a vet tech is hard and soul crushing. Worth it, but, not for the money it pays. I had to quit because I wasn't getting paid enough and I was falling into serious depression.
I was a vet tech for two years. Now I'm an admin with my mom's realtor group--basically means I get paid to blog haha, it's nice.

Working as a vet tech is hard and soul crushing. Worth it, but, not for the money it pays. I had to quit because I wasn't getting paid enough and I was falling into serious depression.
I'm just an intern on a small publisher, I do like read manuscripts
but sometimes it's tiring and I have to read bad stuff too!!
xD
I will work with art and I pretend to be an cartoonist and publish comic books
My dream is publish my comic books, see people loving my characters
and maybe publish with Vertigo or Dark Horse.
For now, just in progress!
I'm just an intern on a small publisher, I do like read manuscripts
but sometimes it's tiring and I have to read bad stuff too!!
xD
I will work with art and I pretend to be an cartoonist and publish comic books
My dream is publish my comic books, see people loving my characters
and maybe publish with Vertigo or Dark Horse.
For now, just in progress!
TiSXpPl.png
@FerAdami
That sounds pretty cool! Not reading through the bad stuff, of course lol. But I've thought of a job in publishing as well...and comics! That's a great goal to have.
@FerAdami
That sounds pretty cool! Not reading through the bad stuff, of course lol. But I've thought of a job in publishing as well...and comics! That's a great goal to have.
oKZOZJE.gif

wishlist
foliage • FR +3
Does working and going to school, and working at your school count? I work at my college's writing center. I could not love my job more!
Does working and going to school, and working at your school count? I work at my college's writing center. I could not love my job more!
1 2 3 4 5