Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Real life terrors - People with jobs?
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="Pressia" date="2014-06-07 17:55:28"]@FerAdami That sounds pretty cool! Not reading through the bad stuff, of course lol. But I've thought of a job in publishing as well...and comics! That's a great goal to have.[/quote] woa!! So sweet hear/read this from you! :) It's cool work at a publisher! Although you read many bad stuff, you read really good books too! It's tiring read 80 pages a day, but it's cool somehow! x3 comics ... *sighs* My passion! It's hard to work with comics at the beginning (especially in a country where there are no incentives for artists), but I'll not give up! hehehe You're very kind my dear ;)
Pressia wrote on 2014-06-07 17:55:28:
@FerAdami
That sounds pretty cool! Not reading through the bad stuff, of course lol. But I've thought of a job in publishing as well...and comics! That's a great goal to have.

woa!!
So sweet hear/read this from you! :)
It's cool work at a publisher! Although you read many bad stuff, you read really good books too!
It's tiring read 80 pages a day, but it's cool somehow! x3

comics ... *sighs*
My passion!
It's hard to work with comics at the beginning (especially in a country where there are no incentives for artists), but I'll not give up!
hehehe

You're very kind my dear ;)
TiSXpPl.png
i work at a ceramic studio! i don't throw pots or anything (yet, although boss wants me to learn!), but i'm a bit of a jack of all trades there. i mix glazes up from scratch using powdered minerals and metals, and apply the glazes with a paint sprayer. i anneal, cut, polish, and bend copper pieces, and load and unload kilns. and i do a lot of cleaning!

it's all busy work all day, standing and walking around and working with my hands, so there'd be no time to sneak on to fr anyway. but this job has been a blessing. it's the kind of stuff i love to do! it honestly feels like a paid apprenticeship, which suits me far more than college. plus, it's all skills i can use for my dream job! boss says i get to learn enameling soon, and i'll have to start practicing with an airbrush for some other stuff. i'm hoping i'll learn soldering too. :D
i work at a ceramic studio! i don't throw pots or anything (yet, although boss wants me to learn!), but i'm a bit of a jack of all trades there. i mix glazes up from scratch using powdered minerals and metals, and apply the glazes with a paint sprayer. i anneal, cut, polish, and bend copper pieces, and load and unload kilns. and i do a lot of cleaning!

it's all busy work all day, standing and walking around and working with my hands, so there'd be no time to sneak on to fr anyway. but this job has been a blessing. it's the kind of stuff i love to do! it honestly feels like a paid apprenticeship, which suits me far more than college. plus, it's all skills i can use for my dream job! boss says i get to learn enameling soon, and i'll have to start practicing with an airbrush for some other stuff. i'm hoping i'll learn soldering too. :D
ah hey all!

i work as a full time freelance marketing consultant. i'm just starting this full time, as my temp job as a financial adviser's assistant ended on thursday (and i've been doing the marketing on the side). i've got a mentor, so i'm still learning, but my tasks are things like social media posts, powerpoints, blogging, creating videos, quoting, website evaluations... and i work from home. just gotta be very careful about managing myself haha.

i'm super excited bc i'm heading toward my goals and it just feels so good ahh. the dream is to move out of my apartment, buy a small RV, and travel with my dogs across the country for a year or so. and as long as i have internet, i can do my job! ;v; and in a few years i hope to have my own company. definitely don't plan on having bosses my whole life haha (even if i love 'em).

has anyone else here not gone to college? all my friends are graduating now and i'm the odd one out, even though i'm pursuing my dreams and doing pretty well for myself. college just doesn't seem like the direction for me, at least not for a while longer (so expensive and time consuming and expensive)... idk. just wondering if anyone can relate to this experience.
ah hey all!

i work as a full time freelance marketing consultant. i'm just starting this full time, as my temp job as a financial adviser's assistant ended on thursday (and i've been doing the marketing on the side). i've got a mentor, so i'm still learning, but my tasks are things like social media posts, powerpoints, blogging, creating videos, quoting, website evaluations... and i work from home. just gotta be very careful about managing myself haha.

i'm super excited bc i'm heading toward my goals and it just feels so good ahh. the dream is to move out of my apartment, buy a small RV, and travel with my dogs across the country for a year or so. and as long as i have internet, i can do my job! ;v; and in a few years i hope to have my own company. definitely don't plan on having bosses my whole life haha (even if i love 'em).

has anyone else here not gone to college? all my friends are graduating now and i'm the odd one out, even though i'm pursuing my dreams and doing pretty well for myself. college just doesn't seem like the direction for me, at least not for a while longer (so expensive and time consuming and expensive)... idk. just wondering if anyone can relate to this experience.
xKjfHb3.png
@aerisonus wow that sounds amazing!! what's your dream job? :>
@aerisonus wow that sounds amazing!! what's your dream job? :>
xKjfHb3.png
@Pressia Wow. I used to work tech support at college, and yeah, it can be terrifying how many professors have no idea what they are doing.
@Pressia Wow. I used to work tech support at college, and yeah, it can be terrifying how many professors have no idea what they are doing.
I worked at a grocery store for a couple of weeks as a bagger and I never want to do that again. I got fired for being low energy, too, even though I talked to every single customer that came through my line.

I kept getting yelled at by customers for not reading their minds and bagging their groceries exactly how they wanted it. Then somebody yelled at me for overcharging them when I can't even work a cash register. Uh???

Oh, but really funny story, one time a guy came through with two big jugs of yogurt. They were buy two get two free, so I was sent back to get two more and I put them in his cart. A few minutes later, he came back and said he only had two and argued with the checker I was bagging for and he ended up getting two more out of it. What on Earth are you going to do with six big jugs of yogurt???
I worked at a grocery store for a couple of weeks as a bagger and I never want to do that again. I got fired for being low energy, too, even though I talked to every single customer that came through my line.

I kept getting yelled at by customers for not reading their minds and bagging their groceries exactly how they wanted it. Then somebody yelled at me for overcharging them when I can't even work a cash register. Uh???

Oh, but really funny story, one time a guy came through with two big jugs of yogurt. They were buy two get two free, so I was sent back to get two more and I put them in his cart. A few minutes later, he came back and said he only had two and argued with the checker I was bagging for and he ended up getting two more out of it. What on Earth are you going to do with six big jugs of yogurt???
tumblr_inline_nfx4qkzLCB1r6zydg.png
@FerAdami
Do you read full-length books, or just samples from some and see if they're good enough or not? I've always wondered how difficult it is to get a book published on your own.

@retrobird
That's so awesome to hear! Good for you, working towards your dream and doing what you want instead of what you have to do. Traveling across the country without any ties just seems...perfect, in a way. I wish you lots of luck!

@OmakeLady
Some I can understand, since we're moving things online and they're older, so they can't grasp it easily. BUT THEN there are the ones who sign something from a student and email us saying 'Hey, I don't teach this class why am I assigned to it??' and erijwrkgntrg
@FerAdami
Do you read full-length books, or just samples from some and see if they're good enough or not? I've always wondered how difficult it is to get a book published on your own.

@retrobird
That's so awesome to hear! Good for you, working towards your dream and doing what you want instead of what you have to do. Traveling across the country without any ties just seems...perfect, in a way. I wish you lots of luck!

@OmakeLady
Some I can understand, since we're moving things online and they're older, so they can't grasp it easily. BUT THEN there are the ones who sign something from a student and email us saying 'Hey, I don't teach this class why am I assigned to it??' and erijwrkgntrg
oKZOZJE.gif

wishlist
foliage • FR +3
@Pressia haha yes believe me i've had to do plenty (that temp job supported me these last few months). not the most rewarding when it's just work to get by orz

but yes thank you! it's going to be a challenge bc i have to manage myself and my own time and i have no impulse control oops. so i'll take all the well wishes and good lucks i can get hehe!
@Pressia haha yes believe me i've had to do plenty (that temp job supported me these last few months). not the most rewarding when it's just work to get by orz

but yes thank you! it's going to be a challenge bc i have to manage myself and my own time and i have no impulse control oops. so i'll take all the well wishes and good lucks i can get hehe!
xKjfHb3.png
[quote name="Pressia" date="2014-06-07 18:33:03"]@FerAdami Do you read full-length books, or just samples from some and see if they're good enough or not? I've always wondered how difficult it is to get a book published on your own. @retrobird That's so awesome to hear! Good for you, working towards your dream and doing what you want instead of what you [i]have[/i] to do. Traveling across the country without any ties just seems...perfect, in a way. I wish you lots of luck! @OmakeLady Some I can understand, since we're moving things online and they're older, so they can't grasp it easily. BUT THEN there are the ones who sign something from a student and email us saying 'Hey, I don't teach this class why am I assigned to it??' and erijwrkgntrg[/quote] Well, I read just some chapters and if the book fits to what my publisher seek to publish or if the book is very popular or have potential, we send to a complete review. And even with a complete reveal sometimes we don't publish the book. ^^''
Pressia wrote on 2014-06-07 18:33:03:
@FerAdami

@retrobird

@OmakeLady

Well, I read just some chapters and if the book fits to what my publisher seek to publish or if the book is very popular or have potential, we send to a complete review.
And even with a complete reveal sometimes we don't publish the book.
^^''
TiSXpPl.png
@retrobird
my dream job is to work constructing props and puppets for stop animation movies. i've just been so inspired by laika and their work on coraline and paranorman! so the more i can learn about any kind of making, the closer i feel to being able to create wonderful miniature worlds like that!

oh man, working online and therefore not being tied down to one place like you are though, that sounds really awesome too! i also want to travel the country one day. living a free life out on the road with an rv sounds wonderful. you can get there- i believe in you!

i can kind of relate to the whole college thing too. i did go to community college for two years and graduated, but i disliked it immensely. it flared up my depression something awful, and although i enjoyed some of the classes a lot, i didn't pursue anything more after graduating. i felt so guilty about it though whenever i was asked by family. but i honestly don't believe college is necessary for everyone. and i'd rather not get into debt if i don't have to, haha. that's kind of why i'm so proud of this job now. i'm getting somewhere, and i'm doing it without going the way everyone expected of me.
@retrobird
my dream job is to work constructing props and puppets for stop animation movies. i've just been so inspired by laika and their work on coraline and paranorman! so the more i can learn about any kind of making, the closer i feel to being able to create wonderful miniature worlds like that!

oh man, working online and therefore not being tied down to one place like you are though, that sounds really awesome too! i also want to travel the country one day. living a free life out on the road with an rv sounds wonderful. you can get there- i believe in you!

i can kind of relate to the whole college thing too. i did go to community college for two years and graduated, but i disliked it immensely. it flared up my depression something awful, and although i enjoyed some of the classes a lot, i didn't pursue anything more after graduating. i felt so guilty about it though whenever i was asked by family. but i honestly don't believe college is necessary for everyone. and i'd rather not get into debt if i don't have to, haha. that's kind of why i'm so proud of this job now. i'm getting somewhere, and i'm doing it without going the way everyone expected of me.
1 2 3 4 5