Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any Marvel comic/movie fans here?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
I used to be super heavy bigtime in to Marvel, but I haven't liked a lot of the newer stuff in the comics world. I HAVE enjoyed the movies (...mostly. I've heard good things about the most RECENT X-men movie, but otherwise have not liked the X-men movies as a whole.)

Been loving all things in Avengers land and tangentially related such things, though, yes.

Ahhh I was a hugeeee X-men fan a few years back, though. I guess I started to lose interest after M-day and Civil War and aghhhh
I used to be super heavy bigtime in to Marvel, but I haven't liked a lot of the newer stuff in the comics world. I HAVE enjoyed the movies (...mostly. I've heard good things about the most RECENT X-men movie, but otherwise have not liked the X-men movies as a whole.)

Been loving all things in Avengers land and tangentially related such things, though, yes.

Ahhh I was a hugeeee X-men fan a few years back, though. I guess I started to lose interest after M-day and Civil War and aghhhh
When it is dark enough,
you can see the stars.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Hello friends, I am here.
Hello friends, I am here.
@Pressia

Agh, okay, there's a list. Mm.. I started going to cons in like 2k5 so there's a bit of a number, and not all from one fandom. Mostly science fiction stuff to be honest.
Comic-wise I've only done Hulkling (minus wings, due to lack of time, though I've been working on making a pair of moving ones.), Matt Murdock/Daredevil, and Robin (**** Grayson Robin)

I'm working on a Captain America costume though, because I've gotten together a good group of people. We've got a Black Widow, a Falcon, and a Bucky. :>

@Osirilen

I know mate. Though, those are the most iconic villains, so it's to be expected that they'd be involved sooner or later. So long as we don't get another Spider-Man 3 I'm good.

Actually no, that film was genius. I would love another Spider-Man 3. It was just so bad that it was actually hilarious.

Yeah, in retrospect, did seem a bit like they were shoving things in there pointlessly at times. HHhhhh. I liked Harry. I can understand why Peter would want to be all buddy-buddy bffsies with him after ten years, but it did seem kind of fast. I mean, my friend growing up went off to college, and I did my own thing, and now when we see each other it's kind of weird, like I don't know where we stand anymore. I guess for sake of plot (or time) they sacrificed a little bit of realism there, which is understandable.

I'm betting they had more than a few cut scenes, causing some of the choppiness. Probably time constraints.
@Pressia

Agh, okay, there's a list. Mm.. I started going to cons in like 2k5 so there's a bit of a number, and not all from one fandom. Mostly science fiction stuff to be honest.
Comic-wise I've only done Hulkling (minus wings, due to lack of time, though I've been working on making a pair of moving ones.), Matt Murdock/Daredevil, and Robin (**** Grayson Robin)

I'm working on a Captain America costume though, because I've gotten together a good group of people. We've got a Black Widow, a Falcon, and a Bucky. :>

@Osirilen

I know mate. Though, those are the most iconic villains, so it's to be expected that they'd be involved sooner or later. So long as we don't get another Spider-Man 3 I'm good.

Actually no, that film was genius. I would love another Spider-Man 3. It was just so bad that it was actually hilarious.

Yeah, in retrospect, did seem a bit like they were shoving things in there pointlessly at times. HHhhhh. I liked Harry. I can understand why Peter would want to be all buddy-buddy bffsies with him after ten years, but it did seem kind of fast. I mean, my friend growing up went off to college, and I did my own thing, and now when we see each other it's kind of weird, like I don't know where we stand anymore. I guess for sake of plot (or time) they sacrificed a little bit of realism there, which is understandable.

I'm betting they had more than a few cut scenes, causing some of the choppiness. Probably time constraints.
Yessss, Marvel nerds, my people.

I've been reading comics for a few years now and love the movies, especially Cap 2 (which seems a pretty universal fave here!) and Thor 2, though I'm not as into the non-Marvel Studios for a myriad of reasons. Natasha, Steve, and Sam are 100% my favorite movie characters by far.

I'm also the one person cheering in the corner about Ant-Man but admittedly it's really hard to be excited since all the recent news. Those sizechanging losers are my favorite awful idiot superheroes in the comics, along with Cloak and Dagger.
Yessss, Marvel nerds, my people.

I've been reading comics for a few years now and love the movies, especially Cap 2 (which seems a pretty universal fave here!) and Thor 2, though I'm not as into the non-Marvel Studios for a myriad of reasons. Natasha, Steve, and Sam are 100% my favorite movie characters by far.

I'm also the one person cheering in the corner about Ant-Man but admittedly it's really hard to be excited since all the recent news. Those sizechanging losers are my favorite awful idiot superheroes in the comics, along with Cloak and Dagger.
@Ayeaka
I actually started my comic reading right about the M-Day stuff, so the later run of Avengers Disassembled. I'm eager to go back and read some of it now that I actually know who these people are! Though it will be the first one many times when Hawkeye dies LOL

@EvaLeFae
Welcome! What got you into Marvel/comics in the first place?

@Extraterrestrial
Oh, that's awesome. A saw a Hulking at my first convention, that's not one you see very often! I've been dying to get an actual Cap shield, metal and everything, but man those things can cost some huge bucks lol

@iphigenia
Hi there! CLOAK AND DAGGER YES. I've only read, like, a few issues with them in it - have they ever had their own title? I'd love to read more. Cap 2 was such a spectacular movie - do you watch the show Agents of SHIELD? I love how it all tied in.
@Ayeaka
I actually started my comic reading right about the M-Day stuff, so the later run of Avengers Disassembled. I'm eager to go back and read some of it now that I actually know who these people are! Though it will be the first one many times when Hawkeye dies LOL

@EvaLeFae
Welcome! What got you into Marvel/comics in the first place?

@Extraterrestrial
Oh, that's awesome. A saw a Hulking at my first convention, that's not one you see very often! I've been dying to get an actual Cap shield, metal and everything, but man those things can cost some huge bucks lol

@iphigenia
Hi there! CLOAK AND DAGGER YES. I've only read, like, a few issues with them in it - have they ever had their own title? I'd love to read more. Cap 2 was such a spectacular movie - do you watch the show Agents of SHIELD? I love how it all tied in.
oKZOZJE.gif

wishlist
foliage • FR +3
I'm the one my family turns to for all comics-related background story after a Marvel movie.

TBH I was really hoping that they were going to take the Spiderman reboot opportunity to make a Miles Morales series. The Marvel Studios movies have all been great, but they've all been pretty white-washed.

That said, though, I will push over small children to see the Black Widow premiere. Or a good Hulk movie.
I'm the one my family turns to for all comics-related background story after a Marvel movie.

TBH I was really hoping that they were going to take the Spiderman reboot opportunity to make a Miles Morales series. The Marvel Studios movies have all been great, but they've all been pretty white-washed.

That said, though, I will push over small children to see the Black Widow premiere. Or a good Hulk movie.
@Pressia

I've got the face for it, heh. So I've been told, anyway. And it's always thrilling to smear ridiculous amounts of makeup on yourself early in the morning while you try to rush and do last minute adjustments to your friends/your own costumes. But I think I make a pretty good Hulkling.

geez yeah that really would, metal work and all... I'm just going for a plastic one painted to look like.. not plastic. I'm not made of that kind of $$$. The costume alone will take enough out of me, yanno?And as a joke I also have a frisbee painted like the shield, so me and Bucky can goof around on Sunday where there's less people in attendance and the day is shorter.
@Pressia

I've got the face for it, heh. So I've been told, anyway. And it's always thrilling to smear ridiculous amounts of makeup on yourself early in the morning while you try to rush and do last minute adjustments to your friends/your own costumes. But I think I make a pretty good Hulkling.

geez yeah that really would, metal work and all... I'm just going for a plastic one painted to look like.. not plastic. I'm not made of that kind of $$$. The costume alone will take enough out of me, yanno?And as a joke I also have a frisbee painted like the shield, so me and Bucky can goof around on Sunday where there's less people in attendance and the day is shorter.
Does anyone here subscribe to Nerd Block? I got a Spiderman comic in my last one, but I'm afraid to read it because I want it to stay mint :P
Does anyone here subscribe to Nerd Block? I got a Spiderman comic in my last one, but I'm afraid to read it because I want it to stay mint :P
@Pressia
CLOAK AND DAGGERRRRR. They had a few solo runs in the 80s! I lovingly call it their D.A.R.E. period, but they haven't had much on their own since then. A few bizarre team-ups, a handful of misc. stuff, and now a fab part in the new Ultimates. I haven't gotten around to watching AoS yet because I wasn't super interested after the first episode, but post-Cap2 it's moved WAY up my to-watch list.

@somescribbles
I would do unmentionable things for a Miles Morales movie. I'm not a big fan of the Ultimates universe as a whole, but Miles is the radiant beacon of joy within it. A Black Widow prequel movie is one of my biggest dreams at the moment but Miles!
@Pressia
CLOAK AND DAGGERRRRR. They had a few solo runs in the 80s! I lovingly call it their D.A.R.E. period, but they haven't had much on their own since then. A few bizarre team-ups, a handful of misc. stuff, and now a fab part in the new Ultimates. I haven't gotten around to watching AoS yet because I wasn't super interested after the first episode, but post-Cap2 it's moved WAY up my to-watch list.

@somescribbles
I would do unmentionable things for a Miles Morales movie. I'm not a big fan of the Ultimates universe as a whole, but Miles is the radiant beacon of joy within it. A Black Widow prequel movie is one of my biggest dreams at the moment but Miles!
@Pressia
I guess my real issue with... mind, I'm using M-day more as a time based benchmark, that period of writing was that a lot of characters suddenly seemed very OUT of character, and it got increasingly worse. I also didn't much care for watching X-men slowly devolve in to a soap opera with super powers. Then M-day hit, and they tried to draw out the "I'M SAD ;-;' factor as long as possible, including depowering one of my favorite villains in the process. :b But even before that, they'd already declared one of my favorites to be their token woobie (poor, poor Hank... I mean, the breakup with Trish, the possession by Cassandra, the ENTIRE cure arc... including slapping Piotr back in his face via the "OOPS WE HAVE A CLONE" incident...) and had set about making him as miserable as possible to a ridiculous extent. It eventually just sort of...broke suspension of disbelief for me, I guess.

I've heard a lot of good things have happened AFTER, but it's hard for me to get back in to it after being out so long.

That said, I've actually liked what I've seen of the Ghost Rider reboot so far, and may look at getting in to that.
@Pressia
I guess my real issue with... mind, I'm using M-day more as a time based benchmark, that period of writing was that a lot of characters suddenly seemed very OUT of character, and it got increasingly worse. I also didn't much care for watching X-men slowly devolve in to a soap opera with super powers. Then M-day hit, and they tried to draw out the "I'M SAD ;-;' factor as long as possible, including depowering one of my favorite villains in the process. :b But even before that, they'd already declared one of my favorites to be their token woobie (poor, poor Hank... I mean, the breakup with Trish, the possession by Cassandra, the ENTIRE cure arc... including slapping Piotr back in his face via the "OOPS WE HAVE A CLONE" incident...) and had set about making him as miserable as possible to a ridiculous extent. It eventually just sort of...broke suspension of disbelief for me, I guess.

I've heard a lot of good things have happened AFTER, but it's hard for me to get back in to it after being out so long.

That said, I've actually liked what I've seen of the Ghost Rider reboot so far, and may look at getting in to that.
When it is dark enough,
you can see the stars.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15