Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Brightshine Jubilee 2020 [Discussion]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
@dawnsky101
i do all my art on procreate, and if you’re using an ios device, i’d highly reccomend getting familiar with the files app, as using photos tends to lower quality and sometimes even remove transparancy, which is obviously a problem.

first, you’ll wanna download the psd for the pose you want to make something for, and find the download in the files app. once there, go to the share menu and select “open in procreate” - it’ll automatically open the file with separate layers set to the appropriate modes. i like to disable everything except the lineart in “accent parts” and “flats” in “skin parts”, and draw everything for me accent/skin between those two folders (with only what i mentioned enabled in those folders)
when finished, the shading and lineart can be taken out of the folder, recolored/lightened, and clipped down to a flattened version of what a finished accent/skin (save a backup canvas/folder of all the individual parts in case you later decide to change a detail or two!)

to make sure everything fits perfectly on the dragon and there aren’t any stray pixels outside of the dragon, go to the “flats” layer i mentioned, and click select, then move up to the fully flattened skin/accent, and cut and paste the selected area. boom, no stray pixels outside the lines!
that’s pretty much the basic process for procreate, everything else is really up to your own creativity and decisions!

hope that kinda helped, i’m still new to making accents, but i have spent a LOT of time on procreate haha ^^

edit: ALSO when you’re finished, dunno if you know how to resize images but i did have to learn how to do that for the first time when making my first accent, and it’s done by going to canvas > crop and resize > resample canvas and then change one of the values to 350
@dawnsky101
i do all my art on procreate, and if you’re using an ios device, i’d highly reccomend getting familiar with the files app, as using photos tends to lower quality and sometimes even remove transparancy, which is obviously a problem.

first, you’ll wanna download the psd for the pose you want to make something for, and find the download in the files app. once there, go to the share menu and select “open in procreate” - it’ll automatically open the file with separate layers set to the appropriate modes. i like to disable everything except the lineart in “accent parts” and “flats” in “skin parts”, and draw everything for me accent/skin between those two folders (with only what i mentioned enabled in those folders)
when finished, the shading and lineart can be taken out of the folder, recolored/lightened, and clipped down to a flattened version of what a finished accent/skin (save a backup canvas/folder of all the individual parts in case you later decide to change a detail or two!)

to make sure everything fits perfectly on the dragon and there aren’t any stray pixels outside of the dragon, go to the “flats” layer i mentioned, and click select, then move up to the fully flattened skin/accent, and cut and paste the selected area. boom, no stray pixels outside the lines!
that’s pretty much the basic process for procreate, everything else is really up to your own creativity and decisions!

hope that kinda helped, i’m still new to making accents, but i have spent a LOT of time on procreate haha ^^

edit: ALSO when you’re finished, dunno if you know how to resize images but i did have to learn how to do that for the first time when making my first accent, and it’s done by going to canvas > crop and resize > resample canvas and then change one of the values to 350
SDMKiMj.gif i go by sav or sugar
she/her
| adult | +2 FR
PMC
| TH | accents
my lore archive
@sugarcube

Thanks! That helps a lot
@sugarcube

Thanks! That helps a lot
Art Shop! We're Open!
@Paladingineer Oh my gawwwwwd. That's lovely.
@Paladingineer Oh my gawwwwwd. That's lovely.
[Asgard/Gard]
[She/her]
[FR+0]
Some of my favorites so far: [quote name="KuroXer" date="2020-06-05 05:53:31" ] [center]liquid light[/center] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/rp0iy4k.png[/img][/center] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/TeDoLlI.png[/img][/center] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/XPsknYr.png[/img][/center] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/OYU8PXR.png[/img][/center] [/quote] [quote name="LoyalStar" date="2020-06-05 12:34:10" ] [center] Thought I’d enter something simple! Here’s Emperor’s Spirit! 350px: [img]https://i.imgur.com/MrwBjX2.png[/img] Base and preview: [img]https://i.imgur.com/BqJrakw.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/K8XiP69.png[/img] [/center] [/quote]
Some of my favorites so far:
KuroXer wrote on 2020-06-05 05:53:31:
liquid light
rp0iy4k.png
TeDoLlI.png
XPsknYr.png
OYU8PXR.png
LoyalStar wrote on 2020-06-05 12:34:10:
Thought I’d enter something simple! Here’s Emperor’s Spirit!

350px:
MrwBjX2.png

Base and preview:

BqJrakw.png
K8XiP69.png
gC8Fl1N.png3mRCtgv.pngdO7Qce6.pngo6Tbf9W.png She/They
Good luck everyone!
Good luck everyone!
eq6zQ9M.png
mlHpBMC.png
xYQkuHQ.png
Oooh!

So far I am loving:

@McKellsen Haloed - Subtle, but beautifully drawn and will work nicely on pretty much any dragon
@Paladingineer Cathedral - I thought there was little new in the concept of stained glass accents. I was wrong. This is just spectacular. So beautifully detailed!
@LoyalStar Emperor’s Spirit - Beautiful yet creepy. So many opportunities for lore!

There are others I like and would use, but for me these are the real standouts.
Oooh!

So far I am loving:

@McKellsen Haloed - Subtle, but beautifully drawn and will work nicely on pretty much any dragon
@Paladingineer Cathedral - I thought there was little new in the concept of stained glass accents. I was wrong. This is just spectacular. So beautifully detailed!
@LoyalStar Emperor’s Spirit - Beautiful yet creepy. So many opportunities for lore!

There are others I like and would use, but for me these are the real standouts.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
@Caecilius

I neeeed a copy of that tuntun skin if it doesn't win!

@Goblincat

Same for Caged Angel! Would be perfect for MokeyMokey :3
@Caecilius

I neeeed a copy of that tuntun skin if it doesn't win!

@Goblincat

Same for Caged Angel! Would be perfect for MokeyMokey :3
@Goblincat
yooooooooo “Caged Angel” is just BRILLIANT (no Light Flight pun intended).
It’s the first accent I’ve seen in some time—including UMAs—which I would go out of my way to find a dragon for; I love the concept and the execution alike.
Please do keep me in mind if it’s not a winner!

ETA:
hwhoops, already...... bought a dragon........
@Goblincat
yooooooooo “Caged Angel” is just BRILLIANT (no Light Flight pun intended).
It’s the first accent I’ve seen in some time—including UMAs—which I would go out of my way to find a dragon for; I love the concept and the execution alike.
Please do keep me in mind if it’s not a winner!

ETA:
hwhoops, already...... bought a dragon........
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
@KuroXer your entry is gorgeous! i can't stop looking at it

@LoyalStar your entry may be simple, but it's one of the best emperor accents i've seen!

@Goblincat i love your spiral accent! do you have a pinglist i could be added to if it doesn't win?

@KuroXer your entry is gorgeous! i can't stop looking at it

@LoyalStar your entry may be simple, but it's one of the best emperor accents i've seen!

@Goblincat i love your spiral accent! do you have a pinglist i could be added to if it doesn't win?

fzww6al.png
@Goblincat

Caged angel is absolutely gorgeous and I really hope it wins!
If not and you decide to print, please give me a ping! I love it and I have a weakness for noodles XD
@Goblincat

Caged angel is absolutely gorgeous and I really hope it wins!
If not and you decide to print, please give me a ping! I love it and I have a weakness for noodles XD
R6ZJKtW.gif
A FAQs
Buying Maroon Tert G1s
Tarot Shop
Wishlist
Clan Lore
AAAAAAAAAAA qC8XNby.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17