Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | digital art tablet recommendations?
1 2 3
Definitely recommend Wacom Intuous Small or Medium, I have the smaller variety and it's only around 100 dollars in my currency, which is roughly 70 USD. It's a really good tablet perfect for beginners and pros alike.

Hope this helps!
Definitely recommend Wacom Intuous Small or Medium, I have the smaller variety and it's only around 100 dollars in my currency, which is roughly 70 USD. It's a really good tablet perfect for beginners and pros alike.

Hope this helps!
3Lr6Rsp.png
I use a wacom intuos 5 and ive used it for years, started with a small and upgraded to my current medium one which ive been using for about 4-5 years :)
I use a wacom intuos 5 and ive used it for years, started with a small and upgraded to my current medium one which ive been using for about 4-5 years :)
Hello there!
I'm sadly not as professional as other amazing artists in the thread here but I've seen some people recommending wacom products to you and wanted to throw in my thoughts! Wacom products are indeed great for starters, as a lot of people I know owned a Bamboo one when they started getting into the arts.

Now wacom has some annoying issues, like drivers not working and that every time they bring a new driver update, everything gets worse. Or at least that's my experience with my Wacom Intous. Me (as well as my boyfriend) also had the experience of the adapter running the threat of loose connection and I had to switch out the adapter twice in a time span of two years.

Well I don’t want to sound too pessimistic about wacom because like I said, their products are great and I do use an Wacom Intous, but do be aware that they have had annoying digital issues for years and probably years to come (lol).

I personally would like to recommend you a product of Huion as they are not as pricy and do not have the threat of breaking easily or driver issues as far as I know. They have a variety of both screen tablets as well as the non-screen ones (Huion also have tablets that can be plugged and used for mobile devices which I think is epic). According to some friends of mine, which switched from Wacom to Huion, the tablets are also very friendly to work with!

I'm very sorry I ended up with this wall of text, I hope I could help you a little.
Thank you for your time.
Hello there!
I'm sadly not as professional as other amazing artists in the thread here but I've seen some people recommending wacom products to you and wanted to throw in my thoughts! Wacom products are indeed great for starters, as a lot of people I know owned a Bamboo one when they started getting into the arts.

Now wacom has some annoying issues, like drivers not working and that every time they bring a new driver update, everything gets worse. Or at least that's my experience with my Wacom Intous. Me (as well as my boyfriend) also had the experience of the adapter running the threat of loose connection and I had to switch out the adapter twice in a time span of two years.

Well I don’t want to sound too pessimistic about wacom because like I said, their products are great and I do use an Wacom Intous, but do be aware that they have had annoying digital issues for years and probably years to come (lol).

I personally would like to recommend you a product of Huion as they are not as pricy and do not have the threat of breaking easily or driver issues as far as I know. They have a variety of both screen tablets as well as the non-screen ones (Huion also have tablets that can be plugged and used for mobile devices which I think is epic). According to some friends of mine, which switched from Wacom to Huion, the tablets are also very friendly to work with!

I'm very sorry I ended up with this wall of text, I hope I could help you a little.
Thank you for your time.
bebebebe.png
Hey, thanks for the @ <3

Everyone already gave amazing advise I can't really add anything of weight to. I am not a professional either, just someone who does this as a hobby.

Like most other people, I had Wacom products for a long time and even the tiny very affordable ones worked amazing and never caused me any grief.
But I never really warmed up to them either. This is not a Wacom problem, I think, it has more to do with me not being amazing at working with drawing tablets. My art style would look entirely different depending on whether I'd draw digitally or traditionally and I kept drawing traditionally because of it.

Through long periods of saving up and very generous family members, I was able to buy an Ipad Pro+Pen with Procreate this year and that, finally, made digital working accessible enough for me. Highly expensive, but it works like a charm and when I'm not using it to draw, it's still a fully functional powerful laptop substitude. It has its own problems (the price tag alone, oooof, and of course no extra plugs because, ugh, Apple) but has improved my art sooo dramatically in just a few months, it's crazy.
If you can afford it, I can recommend it. Helped me a lot, personally.

I think in general, if this is your first time working with drawing tablets, you'll probably stumble over entirely different problems. There are a lot of great options for you to choose from and people have been super helpful and insightful about those!
So I'd say, go for one you can pay for that has good non-sponsored reviews and if possible:
  • your best bet is probably to go for a size A5. I heard many people work better with larger ones but I think A5 or something similar is pretty good and won't hurt as much financially.
  • get to know your art program a little in advance, if you're not familiar with it already.
  • install the tablet driver exactly as instructed. People run into problems with those a lot and sometimes they just... stop working out of no where. This shouldn't happen often but if it does, you can probably find people who have had similar problems online and learn from them. But it probably will happen at some point and it sucks :(
  • practise simple doodles with the tablet like straight lines and spirals and little flowers. Art program doesn't matter, even Paint will do. It'll probably feel REALLY wonky at first and takes a lot of time and practise to get used to but it helps with control initially.

Anyhow, I hope you'll have tons of fun with the class <3 Have a great day!
Hey, thanks for the @ <3

Everyone already gave amazing advise I can't really add anything of weight to. I am not a professional either, just someone who does this as a hobby.

Like most other people, I had Wacom products for a long time and even the tiny very affordable ones worked amazing and never caused me any grief.
But I never really warmed up to them either. This is not a Wacom problem, I think, it has more to do with me not being amazing at working with drawing tablets. My art style would look entirely different depending on whether I'd draw digitally or traditionally and I kept drawing traditionally because of it.

Through long periods of saving up and very generous family members, I was able to buy an Ipad Pro+Pen with Procreate this year and that, finally, made digital working accessible enough for me. Highly expensive, but it works like a charm and when I'm not using it to draw, it's still a fully functional powerful laptop substitude. It has its own problems (the price tag alone, oooof, and of course no extra plugs because, ugh, Apple) but has improved my art sooo dramatically in just a few months, it's crazy.
If you can afford it, I can recommend it. Helped me a lot, personally.

I think in general, if this is your first time working with drawing tablets, you'll probably stumble over entirely different problems. There are a lot of great options for you to choose from and people have been super helpful and insightful about those!
So I'd say, go for one you can pay for that has good non-sponsored reviews and if possible:
  • your best bet is probably to go for a size A5. I heard many people work better with larger ones but I think A5 or something similar is pretty good and won't hurt as much financially.
  • get to know your art program a little in advance, if you're not familiar with it already.
  • install the tablet driver exactly as instructed. People run into problems with those a lot and sometimes they just... stop working out of no where. This shouldn't happen often but if it does, you can probably find people who have had similar problems online and learn from them. But it probably will happen at some point and it sucks :(
  • practise simple doodles with the tablet like straight lines and spirals and little flowers. Art program doesn't matter, even Paint will do. It'll probably feel REALLY wonky at first and takes a lot of time and practise to get used to but it helps with control initially.

Anyhow, I hope you'll have tons of fun with the class <3 Have a great day!
.... psssst, u want sum art?
[quote name="@Fenhyste" date="2020-06-04 18:20:37" ] Have a look here, this is what I use: [link] It's not a wacom, but it's one of my favorite tablets that I've used (and I have used wacom tablets before). The pen pressure is great, and the buttons are compatible with illustrater and photoshop. [/quote] I am bookmarking that for if my tablet ever breaks, thank you very much *o* It sounds so good
@Fenhyste wrote on 2020-06-04 18:20:37:
Have a look here, this is what I use: [link]

It's not a wacom, but it's one of my favorite tablets that I've used (and I have used wacom tablets before).

The pen pressure is great, and the buttons are compatible with illustrater and photoshop.

I am bookmarking that for if my tablet ever breaks, thank you very much *o* It sounds so good
JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
_ Undying-Featherback.png
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site
_ Venomous-Toridae.png
BBCode guide
_ WAYSTONECROPPED.gif
@Amayai
no problem! It's definitely worth its money (especially for being one of the more affordable tablets), I recommend it often
@Amayai
no problem! It's definitely worth its money (especially for being one of the more affordable tablets), I recommend it often
PAfw65w.png
My first tablet was a Wacom Bamboo Splash, it worked well for a beginner tablet.

My current tablet is a Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch.

In the future I plan on getting a Wacom Cintiq which is a nice screened Tablet
My first tablet was a Wacom Bamboo Splash, it worked well for a beginner tablet.

My current tablet is a Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch.

In the future I plan on getting a Wacom Cintiq which is a nice screened Tablet
Wishlist
G1s for Sale
Fandragons
Free Vistas
AbPMzoC.png
Thank you all for your thoughts! I really appreciate you taking the time to write. :)

@Fellefan @Cricklette @aeons @AttackTheMap @Ziggie @FairyoftheMoon @Amariel @Sofystikitty @Gif @SteelSea @jemjam @Amayai @Zerkjo @Shuppet @Cryptnoch @Fenhyste @MistyGold @Reltseo @Skeleyon @mahjong @kozou @Werwolf @Glitched
Thank you all for your thoughts! I really appreciate you taking the time to write. :)

@Fellefan @Cricklette @aeons @AttackTheMap @Ziggie @FairyoftheMoon @Amariel @Sofystikitty @Gif @SteelSea @jemjam @Amayai @Zerkjo @Shuppet @Cryptnoch @Fenhyste @MistyGold @Reltseo @Skeleyon @mahjong @kozou @Werwolf @Glitched
yyymK1IKw5qjXOsi5KWbEU3vmJCvz_kpSzr_McjQ8C9nc0A2KTkNDTRmN6vOJc63W3GYPtIsZaNN8dlHvtUUJq_i-cgM9UZxqqmXVcI1LncqWSAX4QqbFrYGXtncojo23r-TQak0ZrPh4x77xZZsrw6E0UPSSXjhH7dxfaTxXUoDLsHerulWw71xWWoPc2hPONQJWQWLvLfybcvnBsJPdpXB71kZbSUhl13b69aEKOkqoMq84SEMTmQNwgQUIvnTOaECVjyJXTFWj16eGFU6Xwhkom8z1qgXdTw-PMNgELFy3HLXbmbcEy3aP0rrnff_IDtbP25mqjQssmOhXX3brWKyrjpw2h-0xChwHG374D31eoIB7_ER_2DMsnaR7tLfhO0Qgw0b1gLF8MaWuju6p74FySdO6qfhe1KGGm_LUIdrpnEir4MOUreWiHqgLZTR7dw6yhRHt-QqeMcObk0TI4v57Az4QqdB6z6wxyKMJmoU-Fsazvc1lPafJV_bqluyYUf2-RV0THf_a3v-iSi8b7cCiWrRAXVdKO6hVN4yNr9H4SRv0_5d2lwoHkA8-SuVN48KPMYXNbqMkS3qsD_jvvoQsUwsazgmXMBf8Xeef8xF7qdKUw5C8RUXDIGC5TA6YtAot_W9BoRsRvla3jAqrCKDUc5671EorYk7qxwOOs8b1aWnDC8Q2O8gUZhlM14ptHOFBM04SXK45o-iGxN8-Ij9MQ=w200-h100-no?.png KRuK6O9R_o.png 1xvoDtTGiALiFXcp031eamHZvGydh5IsVzErRTx1tkzR07khhnbn7iFFy8QcXv0IWDuKXeYoBQiw9JyC9INQ1IfJwsZa5CAiopYoRUm40byjdxMRTJ8O2AwG7-kkKTvVV62Y1-5qe5PLEp6AoTLlwTTQmSgtzRRPUoNkh1yvHwt0pW2TgP9xtzWUMASyebLTRQ87ohiyBNiNV5v6-PrAYFehM4lSMOeyfwYl1rmw1rtUVogCMgT4jQmlQiaNE_p850lmwniuFkeedthmdRfuBbzihhhnDiSN9G3jsaUb7XDu6bIAVgWwHY93z1AVn1q_nsywRBgo_gDs9fZM_sfy9OBUmYF7l00v3IaK3OI9PmpA0zCOwdFG2Ilr54rUSzLeW57JxNiceHgXXopgzJmRRzCQBto7GEDos0TpAQusEwXOKe--5ZHIphiRbnwUlPyDJD4uM3FFA_U4Wkj1qBrcVXdHQBxYLtFeXxYxHUMY5NYpAXZ_AKHgonR_dXEMnSwLnb83Jmx82Guf1Di5rSBZy2dQDw-QZjbGhv4LAnpo_pfF2q_xIp02jIP6S7O49hU4-D-5vjDmdBFXhn5Xnk8Bjkmc-hK6FTnxVkX-vxjMn7TdcU8W2mRZXA-vyknBDhRLXs1v7MvVFe41Hn0n9JHUpsGxx_ayS5jsOGolJAaga6E06xVVlfwI4IXKomlsT60rNPzo_eyIrKrDekI3Vwcb08DiGg=w200-h100-no?.png
I've had so many issues out of Wacoms so I can't really recommend them but!!
I've been using an XP-Pen Deco Pro for a while now and I really like it!! I personally use the medium, but the smaller size is like $30 cheaper haha
I used the Huion 1060 Plus before the XP-Pen and it worked really well too!! The connector where the cord plugs into the tablet just wore down on mine, so I had to get a new one ;/
The Huion tablet's like $80, and the XP-Pen is roughly $100 haha
I've had so many issues out of Wacoms so I can't really recommend them but!!
I've been using an XP-Pen Deco Pro for a while now and I really like it!! I personally use the medium, but the smaller size is like $30 cheaper haha
I used the Huion 1060 Plus before the XP-Pen and it worked really well too!! The connector where the cord plugs into the tablet just wore down on mine, so I had to get a new one ;/
The Huion tablet's like $80, and the XP-Pen is roughly $100 haha
I'm a little late, but I reccomend Huion! I've used wacoms before but they always had a ton of problems (especially the cheaper ones). Like BluuJay said, the Huion 1060 Plus works perfectly fine, plus it's cheap and not too small!
I'm a little late, but I reccomend Huion! I've used wacoms before but they always had a ton of problems (especially the cheaper ones). Like BluuJay said, the Huion 1060 Plus works perfectly fine, plus it's cheap and not too small!
83572019p.png..49635371p.png..54509057p.png
Jester/Monty
It/He+
Hjönk
< Dergs cycle!
1578590495046.png
1 2 3