Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Mobile App!!
For almost a year, I didn't have a laptop and was unable to get on Flight Rising. I tried over the phone via chrome, but using the site from my phone is super glitchy and doesn't ever work. It's not until recent, that I just came back to Flight Rising.

It would be amazing if FR made a phone app. Being able to do that would likely boost the use of the game, and over time, I'm sure help with sales on the gems side. Because if there are people out there who were in my situation, that used to buy gems all the time and what not, they're likely to give up on the phone website after a while like I did.

I don't know. Just a thought. Maybe other share the same feeling about it as I do!
For almost a year, I didn't have a laptop and was unable to get on Flight Rising. I tried over the phone via chrome, but using the site from my phone is super glitchy and doesn't ever work. It's not until recent, that I just came back to Flight Rising.

It would be amazing if FR made a phone app. Being able to do that would likely boost the use of the game, and over time, I'm sure help with sales on the gems side. Because if there are people out there who were in my situation, that used to buy gems all the time and what not, they're likely to give up on the phone website after a while like I did.

I don't know. Just a thought. Maybe other share the same feeling about it as I do!
Unless they drastically increase the dev team, I don't see us getting an app and still getting progress on the site, unfortunately, especially because programming for an app is very different from programming a site.

I've never seen something with a dev team as small as FR successfully run concurrently a website and a fully functioning app, and I'm wary of it; getting the kind of quality I'd want and expect out of an FR app would be a lot of work.
Unless they drastically increase the dev team, I don't see us getting an app and still getting progress on the site, unfortunately, especially because programming for an app is very different from programming a site.

I've never seen something with a dev team as small as FR successfully run concurrently a website and a fully functioning app, and I'm wary of it; getting the kind of quality I'd want and expect out of an FR app would be a lot of work.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
[quote name="ItsBoe" date="2020-04-24 11:13:55" ] I tried over the phone via chrome, but using the site from my phone is super glitchy and doesn't ever work. [/quote] Considering how many people don't have any problem accessing FR from their phones, the problem is most likely on your side - and therefore an app is unlikely to solve the problem (assuming you will be able to install the app in the first place). As always, no support as apps are worse then a mobile-optimized site due to their far lower accessibility and more specific phone requirements.
ItsBoe wrote on 2020-04-24 11:13:55:
I tried over the phone via chrome, but using the site from my phone is super glitchy and doesn't ever work.

Considering how many people don't have any problem accessing FR from their phones, the problem is most likely on your side - and therefore an app is unlikely to solve the problem (assuming you will be able to install the app in the first place).

As always, no support as apps are worse then a mobile-optimized site due to their far lower accessibility and more specific phone requirements.
JQQ3Fjt.png
I don’t know about an app, but the website itself can absolutely be optimized for most mobile browsers.
Actually, I think I know enough about web design that I could make a mockup... (thinking emoji)
I don’t know about an app, but the website itself can absolutely be optimized for most mobile browsers.
Actually, I think I know enough about web design that I could make a mockup... (thinking emoji)
37fae7ca97bc1b948338fcd7e8cd402e100ac8f0.png
[quote name="otherfireangel" date="2020-04-25 06:24:44" ] I don’t know about an app, but the website itself can absolutely be optimized for most mobile browsers. Actually, I think I know enough about web design that I could make a mockup... (thinking emoji) [/quote] As someone with horrible eyes, I'd like a bit more mobile friendly website :')
otherfireangel wrote on 2020-04-25 06:24:44:

As someone with horrible eyes, I'd like a bit more mobile friendly website :')
Emperor_Banner.png

Former Plague || Ping if you need anything
No support for app though
No support for app though
Emperor_Banner.png

Former Plague || Ping if you need anything
Mobile users are very common, so it's very likely an issue with your phone itself. I use my phone most of the time and i can do everything from fairgrounds to coli. The only thing I can't do is rearrange apparel.
Mobile users are very common, so it's very likely an issue with your phone itself. I use my phone most of the time and i can do everything from fairgrounds to coli. The only thing I can't do is rearrange apparel.
sBdLZtA.png
No support for an app. For a multitude of reasons.

1) they are expensive to make. It can cost anywhere from 10k -50k or more for a decent app to be made. The more features you want, the more expensive it will be. As great as fr is, I doubt they can afford that kind of investment.

2) what is an app going to bring that a mobile friendly website cant do. I access fr through my phone all the time and have kot has your issues. My phone is over two years old and fr works just fine. The problem is likely on your end, like people have said.

2.b) how would an app and the website work together? Is the app an identical thing to the website? How do they communicate. If I make money on the app, how does the website know about it? This sounds like a complicated bit of programming that could easily glitch. I will pass.

3) Developing an app will take progress away from the website. No thanks. Want new species over app.
No support for an app. For a multitude of reasons.

1) they are expensive to make. It can cost anywhere from 10k -50k or more for a decent app to be made. The more features you want, the more expensive it will be. As great as fr is, I doubt they can afford that kind of investment.

2) what is an app going to bring that a mobile friendly website cant do. I access fr through my phone all the time and have kot has your issues. My phone is over two years old and fr works just fine. The problem is likely on your end, like people have said.

2.b) how would an app and the website work together? Is the app an identical thing to the website? How do they communicate. If I make money on the app, how does the website know about it? This sounds like a complicated bit of programming that could easily glitch. I will pass.

3) Developing an app will take progress away from the website. No thanks. Want new species over app.
tumblr_inline_o23j1zjnqA1r3lvtf_500.png
i think the mobile version could use a lot of reformatting and such, but no support for an actual app version of the site.
i think the mobile version could use a lot of reformatting and such, but no support for an actual app version of the site.
__________.____
plague_banner.png

MUYNhfy.png_iDFl61R.png
JvUa9ma.png_WKtl2lb.png
plagueshieldr.png