Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I need a new game to play
1 2 3 4
Okay, first off, I’m really picky. If I dislike a game you like please don’t get angry with me.
Secondly, I apologise if I come off as rude, I sincerely dont mean to. And if I dont respond to a comment its because ive hidden because I have anxiety. Okay, cool.

So I just want a new game because I’ve pretty much finished all of mine (except borderlands 3 and Death Stranding dont come for me).

I also dont really like any online games like overwatch, fortnite, cod, etc.

I play on PS4 and XBOX ONE.

Games I have played and liked:
Dragon Age Origins, 2, and Inquisition.
Mass Effect 1, 2, 3 and Andromeda (thats right, i said it)
Anthem (Said that one too)
Horizon Zero Dawn
Lost Ember
Bioshock 1, 2, Infinite & Burial at Sea
Borderlands 1 and 2. I havent finished the pre sequel and 3 because ugh
Dreamfall Chapters
Detroit Become Human
Life is Strange 1 and Before the Storm
Firewatch
Journey
Skyrim

Games that I have played but didnt like:
Assassin’s Creed. Cluster them all. All of them
Fable. Alllll of them
God of War. Okay, so I dont hate it, I just cant play because i lack skills
Beyond Two Souls.
Final Fantasy.
Any mario thing. Sorry, im uneducated
ARK — I play on mobile and its less aggressive on that lmao

I’ve probably forgotten a bunch of things but I really just want, like, an immersive game with a great story and maybe some killer graphics.

I’m also not great with puzzle game like Ori and The Blind Forest so probably skip that one too. I know its pretty, I know its got a good. I’m saving myself the rage, okay?
Okay, first off, I’m really picky. If I dislike a game you like please don’t get angry with me.
Secondly, I apologise if I come off as rude, I sincerely dont mean to. And if I dont respond to a comment its because ive hidden because I have anxiety. Okay, cool.

So I just want a new game because I’ve pretty much finished all of mine (except borderlands 3 and Death Stranding dont come for me).

I also dont really like any online games like overwatch, fortnite, cod, etc.

I play on PS4 and XBOX ONE.

Games I have played and liked:
Dragon Age Origins, 2, and Inquisition.
Mass Effect 1, 2, 3 and Andromeda (thats right, i said it)
Anthem (Said that one too)
Horizon Zero Dawn
Lost Ember
Bioshock 1, 2, Infinite & Burial at Sea
Borderlands 1 and 2. I havent finished the pre sequel and 3 because ugh
Dreamfall Chapters
Detroit Become Human
Life is Strange 1 and Before the Storm
Firewatch
Journey
Skyrim

Games that I have played but didnt like:
Assassin’s Creed. Cluster them all. All of them
Fable. Alllll of them
God of War. Okay, so I dont hate it, I just cant play because i lack skills
Beyond Two Souls.
Final Fantasy.
Any mario thing. Sorry, im uneducated
ARK — I play on mobile and its less aggressive on that lmao

I’ve probably forgotten a bunch of things but I really just want, like, an immersive game with a great story and maybe some killer graphics.

I’m also not great with puzzle game like Ori and The Blind Forest so probably skip that one too. I know its pretty, I know its got a good. I’m saving myself the rage, okay?
9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
@MyHartWillDrogon
Well, I like No Man's Sky and Slime Rancher, so maybe you will too
@MyHartWillDrogon
Well, I like No Man's Sky and Slime Rancher, so maybe you will too
I can help you with 'an immersive game with a great story'. Ever heard of Stardew Valley? It's a cute little farm game that allows you to build connections with NPCs, design your own farm, explore mines, complete quests, etc. And all in a cute little 8-bit package. [img]https://hb.imgix.net/35e1689e7634e948baab56601cd8879f5b06dd7b.jpeg?auto=compress,format&fit=crop&h=353&w=616&s=8a74e6a49b712d241d1dfb99415c4e0a.png[/img]
I can help you with 'an immersive game with a great story'. Ever heard of Stardew Valley? It's a cute little farm game that allows you to build connections with NPCs, design your own farm, explore mines, complete quests, etc. And all in a cute little 8-bit package.
35e1689e7634e948baab56601cd8879f5b06dd7b.jpeg?auto=compress,format&fit=crop&h=353&w=616&s=8a74e6a49b712d241d1dfb99415c4e0a.png
may i suggest the persona series ? (or specifically persona 5 for the ps4) its a lovely game series, and persona 5 has a very nice theme and plotline. the characters are dynamic and the ost is god-tier, as well as wonderful graphics and a good amount of things to do. there is some grinding in certain parts, but nothing too major ! it has nice graphics as well as an interesting battle system [img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/h84SWybh4Hw/maxresdefault.jpg[/img] people who played it often said that they felt genuine sadness at the end aha
may i suggest the persona series ? (or specifically persona 5 for the ps4)

its a lovely game series, and persona 5 has a very nice theme and plotline. the characters are dynamic and the ost is god-tier, as well as wonderful graphics and a good amount of things to do.

there is some grinding in certain parts, but nothing too major !

it has nice graphics as well as an interesting battle system
maxresdefault.jpg

people who played it often said that they felt genuine sadness at the end aha
Uq1cq4S.png
I've never played it, but have you considered Fallout? (it might be an online game, actually wait- adhugsfj IDK)
I've never played it, but have you considered Fallout? (it might be an online game, actually wait- adhugsfj IDK)
J7D1quC.pngXmHV7tO.pngCAJaTcp.png

Returning from haitus - signature in progress!

WKtl2lb.png
I tried Fallout 4. It’s not bad by any means. I got kind of bored, I guess? Or irritated? I don’t remember which. Maybe a bit of both.

And my brother gave me No Man’s Sky for my birthday last year and I tried it out but I was a bit confused as what to do so I ditched it.
I tried Fallout 4. It’s not bad by any means. I got kind of bored, I guess? Or irritated? I don’t remember which. Maybe a bit of both.

And my brother gave me No Man’s Sky for my birthday last year and I tried it out but I was a bit confused as what to do so I ditched it.
9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
I was a fan of Diablo on ps4
I was a fan of Diablo on ps4
@MyHartWillDrogon

Monster Hunter, particularly Monster Hunter: World. As someone who has played quite a few games on your list (Skyrim, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Borderlands), I can say that Monster Hunter is right up your alley. Beautiful game, cool monsters and armor designs, all-around fun (especially if you play with friends; multiplayer is FANTASTIC). I haven't played a whole lot from the series, but I have over 200 hours on MH4U and over 80 hours on MH:W!

Bayonetta is another good one. It's a hack and slash game following the adventures of an Umbra Witch who has lost her memories. It's a little bit of an absurd game (I mean, she's a 100% fan service character and she summons demons with her hair, and you beat the heck out of angels and demons), but the story is fantastic, it's full of hilarious, memorable characters, and it's one of the most fun games I've ever played personally. There are two installments in the series, with I think a third planned.

@MyHartWillDrogon

Monster Hunter, particularly Monster Hunter: World. As someone who has played quite a few games on your list (Skyrim, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Borderlands), I can say that Monster Hunter is right up your alley. Beautiful game, cool monsters and armor designs, all-around fun (especially if you play with friends; multiplayer is FANTASTIC). I haven't played a whole lot from the series, but I have over 200 hours on MH4U and over 80 hours on MH:W!

Bayonetta is another good one. It's a hack and slash game following the adventures of an Umbra Witch who has lost her memories. It's a little bit of an absurd game (I mean, she's a 100% fan service character and she summons demons with her hair, and you beat the heck out of angels and demons), but the story is fantastic, it's full of hilarious, memorable characters, and it's one of the most fun games I've ever played personally. There are two installments in the series, with I think a third planned.

9CxYF0H.png
@MyHartWillDrogon [img]https://i.imgur.com/XjvJdD5.png[/img] I recently played through Control and can highly recommend that. Really fun and an interesting experience. It's an Action-Adventure third person shooter in a setting that is kinda a cross between the SCP-Foundation and House of Leaves. It's full of interesting story not only told through characters, but also through various notes and even live-action videos. Also, did you ever want to throw a forklift at your enemies while flying around? Probably not before reading this, but I know you do now.
@MyHartWillDrogon

XjvJdD5.png

I recently played through Control and can highly recommend that. Really fun and an interesting experience. It's an Action-Adventure third person shooter in a setting that is kinda a cross between the SCP-Foundation and House of Leaves. It's full of interesting story not only told through characters, but also through various notes and even live-action videos.

Also, did you ever want to throw a forklift at your enemies while flying around? Probably not before reading this, but I know you do now.

If you liked the “fast and furious” gameplay of Horizon Zero Dawn, you might like Monster Hunter World. It has online capabilities, but you can just play offline, which is what I much prefer(I hate playing online too). Like fighting large machines in HZD, you need to be quick and observant(depending on your play style). The gameplay is thrilling and you feel like you’re at the top of the world when you take down a giant monster all by yourself. Unlike HZD, there are a TON of different playstyles, so you have a lot of freedom and can play however you want. It requires skill but it’s so much fun. The story is okay, but it has gorgeous visuals.

If you’re looking for something with a good story I am going to suggest Nier: Automata. The graphics are meh but the story is phenomenal, and deals with themes like humanism and existentialism(I am 100% serious). The gameplay is mixed, most of the time it’s a hack and slash, sometimes it’s a rail shooter, and sometimes it’s a bullet hell. The soundtrack slaps, which is why I picked it up in the first place. The main characters look fanserviceish as heck but the story hit me like a truck, I was not expecting to love it as much as I did. I want to emphasize that Nier: Automata is a very hit or miss game for many people. So I’m not sure whether you will like it or not. I’m just throwing it out there. It’s a very eccentric game that doesn’t seem to fit in anywhere.
(I would like to add that the gameplay can get very challenging later on, but there’s an auto dodge item that will save your hide)
If you liked the “fast and furious” gameplay of Horizon Zero Dawn, you might like Monster Hunter World. It has online capabilities, but you can just play offline, which is what I much prefer(I hate playing online too). Like fighting large machines in HZD, you need to be quick and observant(depending on your play style). The gameplay is thrilling and you feel like you’re at the top of the world when you take down a giant monster all by yourself. Unlike HZD, there are a TON of different playstyles, so you have a lot of freedom and can play however you want. It requires skill but it’s so much fun. The story is okay, but it has gorgeous visuals.

If you’re looking for something with a good story I am going to suggest Nier: Automata. The graphics are meh but the story is phenomenal, and deals with themes like humanism and existentialism(I am 100% serious). The gameplay is mixed, most of the time it’s a hack and slash, sometimes it’s a rail shooter, and sometimes it’s a bullet hell. The soundtrack slaps, which is why I picked it up in the first place. The main characters look fanserviceish as heck but the story hit me like a truck, I was not expecting to love it as much as I did. I want to emphasize that Nier: Automata is a very hit or miss game for many people. So I’m not sure whether you will like it or not. I’m just throwing it out there. It’s a very eccentric game that doesn’t seem to fit in anywhere.
(I would like to add that the gameplay can get very challenging later on, but there’s an auto dodge item that will save your hide)
rIjWU7i.png • rain
• irl creacher
• fr +3
• pls drink water
mm leaf.png oC8BwLW.pngscruffy.png
1 2 3 4