Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I need a new game to play
1 2 3 4
Ill have to check if monster hunter world is on xbox because im pretty tapped for space on my ps4

(Ill still buy games on there, i just need to shuffle some games out if necessary)
Ill have to check if monster hunter world is on xbox because im pretty tapped for space on my ps4

(Ill still buy games on there, i just need to shuffle some games out if necessary)
9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
Red Dead Redemption 2 might be up your alley?

It's a prequel so no worries about the 2. :p

It's an open-world cowboy simulator with an excellent story, to put it very simply. You play as an outlaw in a gang on the run in the early 1900s. The gameplay can feel a bit clunky and slow at times (very GTA-esque, if you're familiar with that), but it definitely leans hard into realism: the environments, faces, and animations all look fantastic. Of course the writing is still its greatest strength imo, so even if you're not completely invested in the western setting, I'd say it's worth at least looking into.

...Also you can pet the horse.

It's an open-world cowboy simulator with an excellent story, to put it very simply. You play as an outlaw in a gang on the run in the early 1900s. The gameplay can feel a bit clunky and slow at times (very GTA-esque, if you're familiar with that), but it definitely leans hard into realism: the environments, faces, and animations all look fantastic. Of course the writing is still its greatest strength imo, so even if you're not completely invested in the western setting, I'd say it's worth at least looking into.

-
-
-
-
:3
@myhartwilldrogon

If you like skyrim you'll probably like the other Elder Scrolls games! Oblivion and Morrowind are really fun if you can get past the graphics and (in morrowind's case) god-awful combat system
@myhartwilldrogon

If you like skyrim you'll probably like the other Elder Scrolls games! Oblivion and Morrowind are really fun if you can get past the graphics and (in morrowind's case) god-awful combat system
ice_demiboybling_by_cicide76536-dcn9o5e.gifp7h5Nyu.pngarcane_demigirlbling_by_cicide76536-dcn9nzp.gif
Oblivion is a demon game and I will GLADLY throw it in the fire and watch it burn
Oblivion is a demon game and I will GLADLY throw it in the fire and watch it burn
[quote name="Xionahri" date="2020-04-21 11:24:20" ] @MyHartWillDrogon [img]https://i.imgur.com/XjvJdD5.png[/img] I recently played through Control and can highly recommend that. Really fun and an interesting experience. It's an Action-Adventure third person shooter in a setting that is kinda a cross between the SCP-Foundation and House of Leaves. It's full of interesting story not only told through characters, but also through various notes and even live-action videos. Also, did you ever want to throw a forklift at your enemies while flying around? Probably not before reading this, but I know you do now. [/quote] I’ll probably buy Control when its cheaper.
Xionahri wrote on 2020-04-21 11:24:20:
@MyHartWillDrogon

XjvJdD5.png

I recently played through Control and can highly recommend that. Really fun and an interesting experience. It's an Action-Adventure third person shooter in a setting that is kinda a cross between the SCP-Foundation and House of Leaves. It's full of interesting story not only told through characters, but also through various notes and even live-action videos.

Also, did you ever want to throw a forklift at your enemies while flying around? Probably not before reading this, but I know you do now.

I’ll probably buy Control when its cheaper.
[quote name="Fervor" date="2020-04-21 12:28:18" ] Red Dead Redemption 2 might be up your alley? It's a prequel so no worries about the 2. :p It's an open-world cowboy simulator with an excellent story, to put it very simply. You play as an outlaw in a gang on the run in the early 1900s. The gameplay can feel a bit clunky and slow at times (very GTA-esque, if you're familiar with that), but it definitely leans hard into realism: the environments, faces, and animations all look fantastic. Of course the writing is still its greatest strength imo, so even if you're not completely invested in the western setting, I'd say it's worth at least looking into. ...Also you can pet the horse. [/quote] Probably’ll get RRD when its cheaper too
Fervor wrote on 2020-04-21 12:28:18:

Probably’ll get RRD when its cheaper too
I bought Monster Hunter World and also SOMA because i apparently like to scare meself.
I bought Monster Hunter World and also SOMA because i apparently like to scare meself.
Weve got lots of gAmEs out there! theres bound to be others you like!
I loved oblivion, came before skyrim. I also loved skyrim, and replay it a lot with different classes, races etc. Just oblivions got them 2006 graphics so
Also fallout, particularly ive played fallout 4. and like no spoilers but spoilers GERMAN SHEPARD HFKHchlaHLHDFL
Also No Mans Sky. I havent gotten very far butjafj;
Maybe Resident Evil? Ive only played a few but hrm
Thats all i got for you @Myhartwilldrogon
Sorry if any of these were suggested before i just read the first post
Weve got lots of gAmEs out there! theres bound to be others you like!
I loved oblivion, came before skyrim. I also loved skyrim, and replay it a lot with different classes, races etc. Just oblivions got them 2006 graphics so
Also fallout, particularly ive played fallout 4. and like no spoilers but spoilers GERMAN SHEPARD HFKHchlaHLHDFL
Also No Mans Sky. I havent gotten very far butjafj;
Maybe Resident Evil? Ive only played a few but hrm
Thats all i got for you @Myhartwilldrogon
Sorry if any of these were suggested before i just read the first post
D423136-D-56-B1-4-ABF-B418-BC4618-CFE56-B.png

@xxHellRaiserxx
I don’t like having animal sidekicks in games because I feel I neeeeeed to protect them and I get annihilated trying to do just that. No beuno.

I tried a bunch of Resident Evil games but nyeh, they’re not really my interest, nor do they hold my interest.

I don’t like Oblivion. I did try it on xbox and lockpicking anything is impossible. I hear on PC there’s an easier lockpicking cheat but you cant cheat the crapbox system. It also whitewhashed my character when she became a vampire.
I am playing Skyrim again on PS4 and I bought the special edition and it’s a l o t. There’s so much to do, like an overwhelmingly amount to do.

I tried No Man’s Sky but I was really confused as what I was supposed to and where I was supposed to go.. it just seems a bit boring regardless. It was just me wandering around, looking for resources to fix my ship.

Sorry if these seemed entirely negative. I thought honestly would be better than just saying “nah duDe ThaT game is sh—“t and so forth.

I am attempting to play Red Dead Redemption 2 right now and Skyrim, of course.
And I have a bunch of games that are on pause on my xbox one. I have no motivation lately.

@xxHellRaiserxx
I don’t like having animal sidekicks in games because I feel I neeeeeed to protect them and I get annihilated trying to do just that. No beuno.

I tried a bunch of Resident Evil games but nyeh, they’re not really my interest, nor do they hold my interest.

I don’t like Oblivion. I did try it on xbox and lockpicking anything is impossible. I hear on PC there’s an easier lockpicking cheat but you cant cheat the crapbox system. It also whitewhashed my character when she became a vampire.
I am playing Skyrim again on PS4 and I bought the special edition and it’s a l o t. There’s so much to do, like an overwhelmingly amount to do.

I tried No Man’s Sky but I was really confused as what I was supposed to and where I was supposed to go.. it just seems a bit boring regardless. It was just me wandering around, looking for resources to fix my ship.

Sorry if these seemed entirely negative. I thought honestly would be better than just saying “nah duDe ThaT game is sh—“t and so forth.

I am attempting to play Red Dead Redemption 2 right now and Skyrim, of course.
And I have a bunch of games that are on pause on my xbox one. I have no motivation lately.

If you like The Lost Ember, you might also like Spirit of the North.

You play as a fox and you have to save the land from a disease. It has no voice acting, so you have to figure out yourself where to go, but it isn't really difficult imo.

Another game you might like is Okami, if you already haven't heard of it.

Gameplay wise it is close to the Zelda games. You play as a white wolf and you have to save a Japanese region called Nippon from a Lindwurm. Okami has also some riddles, but if you don't get what the game wants from you, they say what you have to do.
If you like The Lost Ember, you might also like Spirit of the North.

You play as a fox and you have to save the land from a disease. It has no voice acting, so you have to figure out yourself where to go, but it isn't really difficult imo.

Another game you might like is Okami, if you already haven't heard of it.

Gameplay wise it is close to the Zelda games. You play as a white wolf and you have to save a Japanese region called Nippon from a Lindwurm. Okami has also some riddles, but if you don't get what the game wants from you, they say what you have to do.
Viskara-Space-Orchid-sig-II.png
1 2 3 4