Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Love Amongst These Dead (1x1 CLOSED
1 2 3
Still beating herself up internally, Luna took in the room. Very messy. That's the first thing that came to her mind but Luna dared not to say so. After all, he could just as easy throw her back on the streets if she messed up. "It's all good, I dont mind the mess. Makes it a look a little more...lived in," Luna offered with a light laugh. She nodded as the stranger informed her if where she would be sleeping and her heart swelled at the idea of a nice shower. Luna could have sworn there was at least an inch of dirt caked onto her clothes. Luna was surprised when the the man asked about her bullets. "Oh wow, do you were listening to my unnecessary speech," she laughed with a smile, "I only have 3 left. I haven't made an ammo run in at least three months. I never had a need for it other than just going to the shooting range." Setting her small bookbag on the floor, she pulled out her handgun and a small ammo box. Her loose brown hair fell into her face and covered her eyes. Annoyed, she blew the hair out of the way and stood up. "That's all I've got. I usually use the pistol as a last resort. Considering I only had five rounds to start with, I probably should have conserved them more." Luna remarked with a frown. She blinked the frown away and it was soon replaced with a soft smile and her bright eyes turned back towards the stranger. "If you would like, I could help you clean off the couch. It's the least I could do. You did save my life after all"

Without even waiting for an answer, Luna strutted over to the couch and started sorting the mess. She placed a bunch of obviously dirty clothes in a pile next to the couch and left the ones she was unsure about to the stranger. How could I forget!! What's his name?! she thought to herself. This made her turn toward the stranger, but before she could manage the word 'what's she let out a huge yawn. One that made her eyes watery and droopy and feeling dizzy.
Still beating herself up internally, Luna took in the room. Very messy. That's the first thing that came to her mind but Luna dared not to say so. After all, he could just as easy throw her back on the streets if she messed up. "It's all good, I dont mind the mess. Makes it a look a little more...lived in," Luna offered with a light laugh. She nodded as the stranger informed her if where she would be sleeping and her heart swelled at the idea of a nice shower. Luna could have sworn there was at least an inch of dirt caked onto her clothes. Luna was surprised when the the man asked about her bullets. "Oh wow, do you were listening to my unnecessary speech," she laughed with a smile, "I only have 3 left. I haven't made an ammo run in at least three months. I never had a need for it other than just going to the shooting range." Setting her small bookbag on the floor, she pulled out her handgun and a small ammo box. Her loose brown hair fell into her face and covered her eyes. Annoyed, she blew the hair out of the way and stood up. "That's all I've got. I usually use the pistol as a last resort. Considering I only had five rounds to start with, I probably should have conserved them more." Luna remarked with a frown. She blinked the frown away and it was soon replaced with a soft smile and her bright eyes turned back towards the stranger. "If you would like, I could help you clean off the couch. It's the least I could do. You did save my life after all"

Without even waiting for an answer, Luna strutted over to the couch and started sorting the mess. She placed a bunch of obviously dirty clothes in a pile next to the couch and left the ones she was unsure about to the stranger. How could I forget!! What's his name?! she thought to herself. This made her turn toward the stranger, but before she could manage the word 'what's she let out a huge yawn. One that made her eyes watery and droopy and feeling dizzy.
x
"lord, even if you don't mind, i do," said naevys, moving to the kitchen to put the dishes in the sink. he gave her a smile— just a small one, to seem more... friendly. no, he wasn't really the friendly type. naevys was typically reserved to himself. he was only ever really close to his brothers— maybe his mom when he was much younger. the countryside seemed more like a dream than ever, something so far away that he couldn't quite reach. he missed evren the most— this girl kind of reminded naevys of that rascal. evren rambled a lot and ran around constantly. naevys was so sure that he'd be lost just like her if he wasn't back at home.

he didn't protest her when she began to sort the clothes on the couch, naevys just stared at the piles for a bit, wondering what he could possibly do with them. he could put the clean ones back in his closet but the electricity being cut out meant that he couldn't use the laundry machine. he moved them to his own room without a question, putting them in the laundry basket anyway. he had quite a few outfits to spare, and at a time like this, clothes wouldn't need to be cleaned unless they were caked in sweat and blood.

"i guess we're doing an ammo run tomorrow. i don't know about your long term plans, but there's no food in this house. there's a grocery store down the street and i haven't seen a soul brave enough to enter. i need to raid it before i starve to death. unlike you, i don't really have a choice of weapon." his mind returns to the zombie movies he had been thinking about much earlier. in the case that these things could die with a shot to the head, this girl could be pretty useful. naevys had no training with firearms and he was probably the least athletic in his family. he wouldn't survive on the street for a second.

"i'll finish up here," naevys proffered. "go take a shower. there are spare towels in the bathroom, down the hall to the left. i'll leave you some clothes at the door."
x
"lord, even if you don't mind, i do," said naevys, moving to the kitchen to put the dishes in the sink. he gave her a smile— just a small one, to seem more... friendly. no, he wasn't really the friendly type. naevys was typically reserved to himself. he was only ever really close to his brothers— maybe his mom when he was much younger. the countryside seemed more like a dream than ever, something so far away that he couldn't quite reach. he missed evren the most— this girl kind of reminded naevys of that rascal. evren rambled a lot and ran around constantly. naevys was so sure that he'd be lost just like her if he wasn't back at home.

he didn't protest her when she began to sort the clothes on the couch, naevys just stared at the piles for a bit, wondering what he could possibly do with them. he could put the clean ones back in his closet but the electricity being cut out meant that he couldn't use the laundry machine. he moved them to his own room without a question, putting them in the laundry basket anyway. he had quite a few outfits to spare, and at a time like this, clothes wouldn't need to be cleaned unless they were caked in sweat and blood.

"i guess we're doing an ammo run tomorrow. i don't know about your long term plans, but there's no food in this house. there's a grocery store down the street and i haven't seen a soul brave enough to enter. i need to raid it before i starve to death. unlike you, i don't really have a choice of weapon." his mind returns to the zombie movies he had been thinking about much earlier. in the case that these things could die with a shot to the head, this girl could be pretty useful. naevys had no training with firearms and he was probably the least athletic in his family. he wouldn't survive on the street for a second.

"i'll finish up here," naevys proffered. "go take a shower. there are spare towels in the bathroom, down the hall to the left. i'll leave you some clothes at the door."
Mmr9HrK.pngpxgKZLB.png.pngE2bewfg.pngHxJ7se6.png » they/them
» my wishlist
» commissions
» lore thread

BMbExDU.pngK3S42IV.png
She chuckled at his remark about the mess and finished folding. Luna was absolutely surprised when the stranger offered her a friendly smile. She smiled widely in return hoping to brighten the mood a little bit. That was how Luna got through life. She made light hearted jokes of her situation and always tried to see the silver lining. She was often made fun of for being a foolish optimist, despite her hard knock life. Luna was always too happy. Which sounds quite impossible, but there are many people who are annoyed by the happiness of others. It is a quite devastating fact.

She snapped back into reality as her rescuer began talking about plans for the next day. She grinned and replied "It just so happens that I've picked up raiding quite quickly. Just give me a list and I'll grab as much of everything I can find. But for your own safety, I'm gonna teach you to shoot." But she quickly hurried with "If you want to of course"

She was secretly relieved when the stranger offered to finish the rest. Her legs and feet were so sore and tired. Despite years of playing multiple sports, nothing could have prepared her for that much running on that low of food. She hurried back to the bathroom, following the instructions that her hero had provided. Once inside, she turned on the water, letting it warm up. Luna then peeled off her denim jacket and folded it as best she could and set it on the bathroom sink. It had many tears and rips but it was all she had until she stumbled across the next store that happened to have clothing. Looking in the mirror, she barely recognized herself. Her tan skin was basically white with dried dirt and dust. Her hair was greasy and had clumps of mud throughout it. Luna had always been thin with larger thighs and extra chub here and there. But now her leg and arm muscles were rock solid but you could see just about see her ribs. Quickly turning away from the disappointment in the mirror, she stripped from the rest of her clothes and placed them in the same, neat fashion as her jacket. She jumped in the warm shower and began to hum a little tune as she washed.
She chuckled at his remark about the mess and finished folding. Luna was absolutely surprised when the stranger offered her a friendly smile. She smiled widely in return hoping to brighten the mood a little bit. That was how Luna got through life. She made light hearted jokes of her situation and always tried to see the silver lining. She was often made fun of for being a foolish optimist, despite her hard knock life. Luna was always too happy. Which sounds quite impossible, but there are many people who are annoyed by the happiness of others. It is a quite devastating fact.

She snapped back into reality as her rescuer began talking about plans for the next day. She grinned and replied "It just so happens that I've picked up raiding quite quickly. Just give me a list and I'll grab as much of everything I can find. But for your own safety, I'm gonna teach you to shoot." But she quickly hurried with "If you want to of course"

She was secretly relieved when the stranger offered to finish the rest. Her legs and feet were so sore and tired. Despite years of playing multiple sports, nothing could have prepared her for that much running on that low of food. She hurried back to the bathroom, following the instructions that her hero had provided. Once inside, she turned on the water, letting it warm up. Luna then peeled off her denim jacket and folded it as best she could and set it on the bathroom sink. It had many tears and rips but it was all she had until she stumbled across the next store that happened to have clothing. Looking in the mirror, she barely recognized herself. Her tan skin was basically white with dried dirt and dust. Her hair was greasy and had clumps of mud throughout it. Luna had always been thin with larger thighs and extra chub here and there. But now her leg and arm muscles were rock solid but you could see just about see her ribs. Quickly turning away from the disappointment in the mirror, she stripped from the rest of her clothes and placed them in the same, neat fashion as her jacket. She jumped in the warm shower and began to hum a little tune as she washed.
x
naevys had zero idea why the girl's smile reminded him to take out the emergency lanterns. her bright personality? probably. he had several LED lanterns in the storage closet that he could take out. they run for about four days each before needing to be charged and it's not like the lanterns would be needed for anything other than cooking in the dark anyway.

"it'd be great if you could teach me. regardless, i think it'd be safer for us to head down together in the case that there's too much to carry or something comes up to attack when you're looking for an expiry date for the... milk." naevys trails off at the last word, unsure if it sounded like too much of a joke. he didn't have much of a sense of humour... or too many social cues, for that matter. "i could watch your back just in case. plus, we need to scrounge for a second gun."

naevys watched the door to the bathroom shut before clearing up the couch and starting on the dishes. they were likely just empty bowls of cereal with milk staining the rim so he ran them under cold water and set them on the drying rack. hot water to rid of oil. he remembers his mother saying that.

after finishing up with the dishes, he heads over to the storage closet— the door next to his room on the right side of the hallway— to take out the LED lamps and several extra pillows and blankets for the girl. he sets one lamp on the kitchen counter and another in his room before returning to spread out the blankets for his guest, placing two pillows on the armrest. he had been looking for food in the pantry earlier today, and finally remembered the rice crackers set in one of the higher cupboards. he grabs the box, setting them down on the counter as well as a glass of water for when she got out. rice crackers weren't good, by any means, but it was likely that the girl hadn't eaten in days. neither had naevys.

he takes a cracker for himself before retreating to his room to rummage through the closet for something that would fit her. the girl had a small frame. it was likely that most of naevys' clothes would be too big to fit her. he ultimately decided on a pair of sweatpants that he had forgotten to throw out from what was assumably middle school, as well as a hoodie. the sleeves would likely go past her hands, but it's not that it would matter. he'd find something smaller for her tomorrow. since the washing machine wouldn't work, he'd have to hand wash all the clothes and find a way to let them dry. maybe he'd hang them on the terrace and let them sundry— the weather isn't all too bad.

naevys leaves the clothes in front of the door as promised and knocks once on the door to let her know that they're there. he settles in his place in front of the window, watching the undead crawl along the street corners. he can't hear them, but he imagines the groaning horrors. it wasn't long before he's snapped out of his thoughts by the girl's humming. it wasn't much, but it reminded naevys that he had forgotten something very important...

right. he hadn't formally introduced himself yet.
x
naevys had zero idea why the girl's smile reminded him to take out the emergency lanterns. her bright personality? probably. he had several LED lanterns in the storage closet that he could take out. they run for about four days each before needing to be charged and it's not like the lanterns would be needed for anything other than cooking in the dark anyway.

"it'd be great if you could teach me. regardless, i think it'd be safer for us to head down together in the case that there's too much to carry or something comes up to attack when you're looking for an expiry date for the... milk." naevys trails off at the last word, unsure if it sounded like too much of a joke. he didn't have much of a sense of humour... or too many social cues, for that matter. "i could watch your back just in case. plus, we need to scrounge for a second gun."

naevys watched the door to the bathroom shut before clearing up the couch and starting on the dishes. they were likely just empty bowls of cereal with milk staining the rim so he ran them under cold water and set them on the drying rack. hot water to rid of oil. he remembers his mother saying that.

after finishing up with the dishes, he heads over to the storage closet— the door next to his room on the right side of the hallway— to take out the LED lamps and several extra pillows and blankets for the girl. he sets one lamp on the kitchen counter and another in his room before returning to spread out the blankets for his guest, placing two pillows on the armrest. he had been looking for food in the pantry earlier today, and finally remembered the rice crackers set in one of the higher cupboards. he grabs the box, setting them down on the counter as well as a glass of water for when she got out. rice crackers weren't good, by any means, but it was likely that the girl hadn't eaten in days. neither had naevys.

he takes a cracker for himself before retreating to his room to rummage through the closet for something that would fit her. the girl had a small frame. it was likely that most of naevys' clothes would be too big to fit her. he ultimately decided on a pair of sweatpants that he had forgotten to throw out from what was assumably middle school, as well as a hoodie. the sleeves would likely go past her hands, but it's not that it would matter. he'd find something smaller for her tomorrow. since the washing machine wouldn't work, he'd have to hand wash all the clothes and find a way to let them dry. maybe he'd hang them on the terrace and let them sundry— the weather isn't all too bad.

naevys leaves the clothes in front of the door as promised and knocks once on the door to let her know that they're there. he settles in his place in front of the window, watching the undead crawl along the street corners. he can't hear them, but he imagines the groaning horrors. it wasn't long before he's snapped out of his thoughts by the girl's humming. it wasn't much, but it reminded naevys that he had forgotten something very important...

right. he hadn't formally introduced himself yet.
» my wishlist
» commissions
» lore thread

BMbExDU.pngK3S42IV.png
Her shower didn't take too long and was out in ten minutes. Luna grabbed a white, soft, fluffy towel and dried off her short and small figure. Jumping a little, a knock on the door surprised Luna. Before she could call out, the footsteps retreated Wrapping the towel around herself, she peaked out the doorway. She glanced around and smiled at the clothes on the floor. Luna grabbed the sweatshirt and pants and hugged them to her chest. After three days of wearing the same skinny jeans and shirt, she was beyond thankful to wear clean, comfortable clothes. She first held up the sweatpants to her body in the mirror. they looked like they were going to be big on her but she didnt mind too much. They were light grey with cuffed ankles and a fleece lining. Overall, the sweatpants looked amazingly comfortable. Luna pulled them on and almost immediately they fell back down. Ugh curse you, my small waist she thought bitterly to herself. She tightened the drawstring as much as she could but they still fell down a little. Eventually Luna just gave up and started to observe the hoodie. It looked like it was going to be a little long in the sleeves but that was about it. it was all black with the same fleece lining as the pants. She pulled it on over her head and finally emerged from the bathroom.

Scrunching her hair with the towel, she entered the living room to find the man in front of a window. He looked lost in thought. Luna was going to say something, but instead took the opportunity study him even more.
Her shower didn't take too long and was out in ten minutes. Luna grabbed a white, soft, fluffy towel and dried off her short and small figure. Jumping a little, a knock on the door surprised Luna. Before she could call out, the footsteps retreated Wrapping the towel around herself, she peaked out the doorway. She glanced around and smiled at the clothes on the floor. Luna grabbed the sweatshirt and pants and hugged them to her chest. After three days of wearing the same skinny jeans and shirt, she was beyond thankful to wear clean, comfortable clothes. She first held up the sweatpants to her body in the mirror. they looked like they were going to be big on her but she didnt mind too much. They were light grey with cuffed ankles and a fleece lining. Overall, the sweatpants looked amazingly comfortable. Luna pulled them on and almost immediately they fell back down. Ugh curse you, my small waist she thought bitterly to herself. She tightened the drawstring as much as she could but they still fell down a little. Eventually Luna just gave up and started to observe the hoodie. It looked like it was going to be a little long in the sleeves but that was about it. it was all black with the same fleece lining as the pants. She pulled it on over her head and finally emerged from the bathroom.

Scrunching her hair with the towel, she entered the living room to find the man in front of a window. He looked lost in thought. Luna was going to say something, but instead took the opportunity study him even more.
x
it wasn't long before naevys heard the bathroom door creak open. his head perked up, but he was careful not to show any further signs of startlement. regardless, he was quite far gone in focussing on the 'zombies' outside and didn't turn around until a few minutes later, pushing himself off the window ledge to face the girl. she was staring at him.

"sorry if it doesn't fit," he says. "i'll try to find something tomorrow. i think one of my sisters may have accidentally left something behind from the last time they visited. it'd be in a storage box, though." there was a brief pause before naevys spoke again.

"you probably didn't have much time to eat either. i don't have anything but rice crackers but if you want to, you can help yourself. i've already taken some for myself so it's yours. and... your name."

naevys stands up, heading over to her where he had oddly caught her staring moments before. well, it wasn't odd, to say in the least. naevys himself would never stay in a stranger's home after just meeting them less than half an hour ago. circumstances were different, however, and this girl perhaps needed to know him better in order to feel safe. for god's sake, she didn't even know his name! if studying him from afar would make her feel safer, then naevys didn't mind. it wasn't as if she had any ill intentions, everyone was just trying to survive.

"i'm naevys." he extends his hand out to shake and bows his head as a traditional kind of formal introduction.
x
it wasn't long before naevys heard the bathroom door creak open. his head perked up, but he was careful not to show any further signs of startlement. regardless, he was quite far gone in focussing on the 'zombies' outside and didn't turn around until a few minutes later, pushing himself off the window ledge to face the girl. she was staring at him.

"sorry if it doesn't fit," he says. "i'll try to find something tomorrow. i think one of my sisters may have accidentally left something behind from the last time they visited. it'd be in a storage box, though." there was a brief pause before naevys spoke again.

"you probably didn't have much time to eat either. i don't have anything but rice crackers but if you want to, you can help yourself. i've already taken some for myself so it's yours. and... your name."

naevys stands up, heading over to her where he had oddly caught her staring moments before. well, it wasn't odd, to say in the least. naevys himself would never stay in a stranger's home after just meeting them less than half an hour ago. circumstances were different, however, and this girl perhaps needed to know him better in order to feel safe. for god's sake, she didn't even know his name! if studying him from afar would make her feel safer, then naevys didn't mind. it wasn't as if she had any ill intentions, everyone was just trying to survive.

"i'm naevys." he extends his hand out to shake and bows his head as a traditional kind of formal introduction.
» my wishlist
» commissions
» lore thread

BMbExDU.pngK3S42IV.png
Luna smiled with a laugh, "Don't worry about the clothes not fitting for tonight. I sleep in baggy clothes anyway. and you're right it has been awhile since I've eaten anything. " She glance gratefully over at the rice crackers. in any normal situation, Luna would have never accepted any type of food from a stranger. well, this is far from a normal situation. plus, why would he save her just to poison her. all in all he was a great person so far. very sweet, without even trying to be.

she snapped out of her thoughts when he approached her and introduced himself. With a friendly smile, she shook his hand, "Pleasure to meet you naevys! My name is Luna." after the handshake, Luna let out a huge yawn , simultaneously stretching her back. "My body feels like its 97 years old," she remarked jokingly with a small chuckle. "if you don't mind, I'm gong to go lay on the couch and get comfy" and with that she lazily walked over to the couch, yawning the whole way. She sunk down onto the soft furniture and let out a quiet groan. it felt so good to just it down. she grabbed a few of the rice crackers and began munching on them.
Luna smiled with a laugh, "Don't worry about the clothes not fitting for tonight. I sleep in baggy clothes anyway. and you're right it has been awhile since I've eaten anything. " She glance gratefully over at the rice crackers. in any normal situation, Luna would have never accepted any type of food from a stranger. well, this is far from a normal situation. plus, why would he save her just to poison her. all in all he was a great person so far. very sweet, without even trying to be.

she snapped out of her thoughts when he approached her and introduced himself. With a friendly smile, she shook his hand, "Pleasure to meet you naevys! My name is Luna." after the handshake, Luna let out a huge yawn , simultaneously stretching her back. "My body feels like its 97 years old," she remarked jokingly with a small chuckle. "if you don't mind, I'm gong to go lay on the couch and get comfy" and with that she lazily walked over to the couch, yawning the whole way. She sunk down onto the soft furniture and let out a quiet groan. it felt so good to just it down. she grabbed a few of the rice crackers and began munching on them.
x
luna, huh? naevys didn't really know what he expected. a jessica, or a sarah, he supposed. but at this point in understanding her disposition, luna seemed to be quite an ironic name. she had a personality brighter than the sun. naevys assumed that her name would have been something along the lines of soleil, or solana... or summer. well, mystery solved, and as it turns out, her name was luna. it's not as if parents named their kids after their personalities anyway— naevys himself seemed to be named after a plethora of characters left on the scrabble board before cleanup.

"i don't mind at all. i have a few things to take care of in my room," he explains. "i'll leave you to it, i suppose. goodnight, luna."

naevys gives the living room area one last look before retreating down the hallway to his own room, shutting the door. in contrast to the rest of the apartment, naevys' room was surprisingly clean. he couldn't rest in a messy area anyway. clothes were splayed out on the floor from rummaging through his closet but atleast his books were still organized. at least his knick-knacks were lined up on the shelves. naevys sighed, picking up clothes and hangers and setting them aside for tomorrow before curling up in bed and pulling the covers over himself.
x
luna, huh? naevys didn't really know what he expected. a jessica, or a sarah, he supposed. but at this point in understanding her disposition, luna seemed to be quite an ironic name. she had a personality brighter than the sun. naevys assumed that her name would have been something along the lines of soleil, or solana... or summer. well, mystery solved, and as it turns out, her name was luna. it's not as if parents named their kids after their personalities anyway— naevys himself seemed to be named after a plethora of characters left on the scrabble board before cleanup.

"i don't mind at all. i have a few things to take care of in my room," he explains. "i'll leave you to it, i suppose. goodnight, luna."

naevys gives the living room area one last look before retreating down the hallway to his own room, shutting the door. in contrast to the rest of the apartment, naevys' room was surprisingly clean. he couldn't rest in a messy area anyway. clothes were splayed out on the floor from rummaging through his closet but atleast his books were still organized. at least his knick-knacks were lined up on the shelves. naevys sighed, picking up clothes and hangers and setting them aside for tomorrow before curling up in bed and pulling the covers over himself.
» my wishlist
» commissions
» lore thread

BMbExDU.pngK3S42IV.png
After Naevys left the room, Luna settled in. She pulled the fleece covers over top her tiny frame and nestled into a human cocoon. It was fantastic to sleep where it is actually dry and warm. Almost instantly she passed out, closing her pretty blue eyes.

A few hours later, Luna awoke with a start. It was random but spending the past 3 days in the middle of nowhere engraved that pattern into her mindset. Unable to fall back asleep, she wandered to the kitchen and started munching on a few rice crackers from earlier. She was getting really hot with her heavy sleep clothes on. Like, uncomfortably hot. She really didn't want to bother Naevys by waking him up to see if he had something different. Plus she didn't want to be rude and disrespectful. He did after all save her. She should't complain.

Deciding to go to the bathroom and cool off there, Luna tipptoed as quietly as possible. But ended up running into the side of a wall. She winced, hoping she didnt wake naevys.
After Naevys left the room, Luna settled in. She pulled the fleece covers over top her tiny frame and nestled into a human cocoon. It was fantastic to sleep where it is actually dry and warm. Almost instantly she passed out, closing her pretty blue eyes.

A few hours later, Luna awoke with a start. It was random but spending the past 3 days in the middle of nowhere engraved that pattern into her mindset. Unable to fall back asleep, she wandered to the kitchen and started munching on a few rice crackers from earlier. She was getting really hot with her heavy sleep clothes on. Like, uncomfortably hot. She really didn't want to bother Naevys by waking him up to see if he had something different. Plus she didn't want to be rude and disrespectful. He did after all save her. She should't complain.

Deciding to go to the bathroom and cool off there, Luna tipptoed as quietly as possible. But ended up running into the side of a wall. She winced, hoping she didnt wake naevys.
x
naevys had no idea how long he had slept, but moonlight was still seeping in between the blinds when he was startled awake. he had always been a light sleeper but it was never a problem once he moved into town. no one makes a sound once midnight has passed but regardless, more time awake meant that there was more time to finish up with his work or chores. as a kid living with way too many siblings in the countryside, it's not as if naevys could sleep in at all. up and at it by six in the morning, in bed at nine at night.

in his groggy mind, naevys could very well tell that the noise came from luna. would he go check on her? that was a different story. if anyone was in danger at all, he was sure that she would alert him anyway. what he had heard was just a bang, like something falling onto the floor or crashing into the wall. laying awake for several minutes just pondering on a decision was already washing the tiredness out of his body. naevys slipped out of bed and creaked open his bedroom door to find luna in the hallway.

"are you uh... okay?" he asked, voice a bit raspy from being awoken. "i think i put a lamp on the counter outside in case you needed light. or... was there anything else you needed?" the clock on his nightstand had read two in the morning. it wasn't crazy late for a college student like him. still, it was strange for him to be awake in the middle of the night and have someone standing in his hallway. naevys was quite used to living alone by now. again, wasn't everything strange? zombies crawling around outside, society completely shutting down... what was wrong with this? naevys thought nothing.

x
naevys had no idea how long he had slept, but moonlight was still seeping in between the blinds when he was startled awake. he had always been a light sleeper but it was never a problem once he moved into town. no one makes a sound once midnight has passed but regardless, more time awake meant that there was more time to finish up with his work or chores. as a kid living with way too many siblings in the countryside, it's not as if naevys could sleep in at all. up and at it by six in the morning, in bed at nine at night.

in his groggy mind, naevys could very well tell that the noise came from luna. would he go check on her? that was a different story. if anyone was in danger at all, he was sure that she would alert him anyway. what he had heard was just a bang, like something falling onto the floor or crashing into the wall. laying awake for several minutes just pondering on a decision was already washing the tiredness out of his body. naevys slipped out of bed and creaked open his bedroom door to find luna in the hallway.

"are you uh... okay?" he asked, voice a bit raspy from being awoken. "i think i put a lamp on the counter outside in case you needed light. or... was there anything else you needed?" the clock on his nightstand had read two in the morning. it wasn't crazy late for a college student like him. still, it was strange for him to be awake in the middle of the night and have someone standing in his hallway. naevys was quite used to living alone by now. again, wasn't everything strange? zombies crawling around outside, society completely shutting down... what was wrong with this? naevys thought nothing.

» my wishlist
» commissions
» lore thread

BMbExDU.pngK3S42IV.png
1 2 3