Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR RP [closed]
1 2 3
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=666132&skin=0&apparel=20563,12267,20558,20561,20557,20559,20562,20560,20547&xt=dressing.png[/img] Davian [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=666151&skin=0&apparel=20549,20563,20558,20561,20557,20559,20560,20562,21815&xt=dressing.png[/img] Keila Davian glided over the disgusting landscape, searching for the dragon who had crossed into his territory. [i]I just have to complete my assignment. Then I can go home.[/i] He searched the ground in a grid pattern, before finally circling back around one particular spot. [i]Gotcha. Now I just tail him back to his camp.[/i] He signaled his partner, Keila, with his tail and she dove, hiding behind a carcass to watch the proceedings. He stayed above, circling and watching carefully.
scry?sdid=666132&skin=0&apparel=20563,12267,20558,20561,20557,20559,20562,20560,20547&xt=dressing.png
Davian
scry?sdid=666151&skin=0&apparel=20549,20563,20558,20561,20557,20559,20560,20562,21815&xt=dressing.png
Keila

Davian glided over the disgusting landscape, searching for the dragon who had crossed into his territory. I just have to complete my assignment. Then I can go home.
He searched the ground in a grid pattern, before finally circling back around one particular spot. Gotcha. Now I just tail him back to his camp.
He signaled his partner, Keila, with his tail and she dove, hiding behind a carcass to watch the proceedings. He stayed above, circling and watching carefully.
JXVUomh.png Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning—little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door—
Bird or beast upon the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as “Nevermore.”
—Edgar Allen Poe
@cnicht @SaarKazul

It all had happened very quickly, and Gorion could hardly believe it. He gave a loud gasp as she shot beneath him and snatched the bag out from under him. As she tried to take-off, it was far from perfect, but Gorion's limbs were burdened with armor and fatigue. His head would've been closer to his mark, and he could've tried to snap the bag back with his jaws, but he wouldn't dare to accidentally harm the creature contained within, lest he risk the wrath of the clan leader.

Gorion watched as she took off, his sore muscles twitching. He stamped the ground and wrenched his head back to let out a wrathful cry. "You'll regret this-! This is not over!" His roars echoed into the crimson heavens, as a weariness settled over him. At the very least, he could now rest...

Above, the bag wriggled in the wildclaw's talons. The being within had certainly sensed that they were now in the air again, moving quickly. A tiny, furry maw peeked just the very tip of itself out of the bag to chitter curiously.

Gorion had a sense, a tingle as though he were being watched still. He glanced around, making sure there were no other dragons to further his misfortune- and didn't see anyone. He continued to catch his breath- soon, he would have to return to the lair to report his failure to his superiors. He hoped they wouldn't be too punishing- certainly, the clan's oracles would be able to locate the thief.

((cnicht feel free to fly wherever btw!))
@cnicht @SaarKazul

It all had happened very quickly, and Gorion could hardly believe it. He gave a loud gasp as she shot beneath him and snatched the bag out from under him. As she tried to take-off, it was far from perfect, but Gorion's limbs were burdened with armor and fatigue. His head would've been closer to his mark, and he could've tried to snap the bag back with his jaws, but he wouldn't dare to accidentally harm the creature contained within, lest he risk the wrath of the clan leader.

Gorion watched as she took off, his sore muscles twitching. He stamped the ground and wrenched his head back to let out a wrathful cry. "You'll regret this-! This is not over!" His roars echoed into the crimson heavens, as a weariness settled over him. At the very least, he could now rest...

Above, the bag wriggled in the wildclaw's talons. The being within had certainly sensed that they were now in the air again, moving quickly. A tiny, furry maw peeked just the very tip of itself out of the bag to chitter curiously.

Gorion had a sense, a tingle as though he were being watched still. He glanced around, making sure there were no other dragons to further his misfortune- and didn't see anyone. He continued to catch his breath- soon, he would have to return to the lair to report his failure to his superiors. He hoped they wouldn't be too punishing- certainly, the clan's oracles would be able to locate the thief.

((cnicht feel free to fly wherever btw!))
(no need to ping me, I'm subbed)

Davian watched as a new dragon stole something, then took off. He paused for a moment, torn, before looking down and seeing Keila signal a question. He signaled back, and Keila took off after the wildclaw, leaving him to tail the gaurdian. This is interesting, I wonder what was stolen...
(no need to ping me, I'm subbed)

Davian watched as a new dragon stole something, then took off. He paused for a moment, torn, before looking down and seeing Keila signal a question. He signaled back, and Keila took off after the wildclaw, leaving him to tail the gaurdian. This is interesting, I wonder what was stolen...
—Edgar Allen Poe
((I'm subbed too :3 ))

Getting as far away as she could, Jude zipped across the Arcane territories and skirted the edge of the scarred wasteland. She dropped back down on a ridge as darkness settled fully over the land. She peered out at the sky, hoping she hadn't been followed.

"What have you gone and done now?!" came an exasperated voice from behind her. She whipped around to see Rook, an imperial and her usual babysitter. He had been assigned to guard her and she reveled in giving him the slip.

"Treasure, maybe, or a beastie," Jude teased, holding up the squirming bag. Rook gave her an uneasy look as she turned the bag over and dumped the contents onto the ground between them.
((I'm subbed too :3 ))

Getting as far away as she could, Jude zipped across the Arcane territories and skirted the edge of the scarred wasteland. She dropped back down on a ridge as darkness settled fully over the land. She peered out at the sky, hoping she hadn't been followed.

"What have you gone and done now?!" came an exasperated voice from behind her. She whipped around to see Rook, an imperial and her usual babysitter. He had been assigned to guard her and she reveled in giving him the slip.

"Treasure, maybe, or a beastie," Jude teased, holding up the squirming bag. Rook gave her an uneasy look as she turned the bag over and dumped the contents onto the ground between them.
kmAu4dW.png bonsai_cnicht_1_by_auricolor-dajtoqd.png
Actively seeking lore clans to be Allies

rolz5s9.png
SoxF2SS.png?1.png
Hey, I have a well created lore of my lair and organized Clan. I would like to join the RP, but thought I would ask before I post anything. Feel free to read my lore on my profile.
Hey, I have a well created lore of my lair and organized Clan. I would like to join the RP, but thought I would ask before I post anything. Feel free to read my lore on my profile.
QMoR6fx.png
((Happy to hear that you're both subbed! :3 Btw if at any time you have any suggestions for the RP or a direction you'd like to take it, feel free to say so! Hello @Alligatorsight! Thank you for your interest, it's really appreciated! I also read through your lore out of curiosity and thoroughly enjoyed it. However, I really prefer smaller RPs and I don't think I want it to get bigger than this. I hope you understand.)) The thing that was in the sack hit the ground with a soft thud. At first glance, it looked a bit like a discarded wig that had grown four talons. It made a soft croaking sound before flipping its head backwards to move its fur out of its eyes. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60625502] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/606256/60625502_350.png[/img] [/url] On the ground sat a hatchling Gaoler, pieces of frost-egg still hanging in her fur. A few larger pieces would spill out of the sack beside her, suggesting she had hatched shortly before the guardian's- or perhaps eggnapper's- landing. She blinked her large, red eyes- it seemed The Scarred Wasteland had influenced the baby's element whilst it was in the egg. The Gaoler made sounds of delight seeing the world [i]outside the bag[/i] for the first time. She clumsily pranced in a circle, cooing at the night sky. Stars began to make their appearance and twinkle within the over-arcing dark. It was as though she hadn't even noticed the Imperial or the Wildclaw yet. --- As evening closed in fully, the guardian took in a chilled breath. He had made it to the Foxfire Bramble, and the wind whistled through it's tangle of thorny arms like an angry ghost. Walking on foot to rest his sore wings, the guardian made sure to keep them close and proceeded into the maze of hooked vegetation. The wind revealed slowly the trends he was looking for- small pieces of twirling, bright ribbon hung heavy with beads and other strange trinkets. Deeper within, closer to the lair, the scraps of cloth became larger. In some brambles, the hides of eaten prey weighed the plants down. Gorion mentally prepared himself for the meeting he had been dreading. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29419467] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/294195/29419467_350.png[/img] [/url] Waiting for him, outside a pile of heaped textiles and cloth, was a dark skydancer with piercing, yellow eyes. She looked the Guardian up and down silently. "Molsomner," Gorion rumbled, a twinge of embarassment in his voice. "No eggs, I see." Molsomner replied sharply, almost interrupting the guardian in the quickness of her reply. "Your mother will be displeased to hear it. Dare I ask what happened, or better I find out for myself?" Gorion hesitated, thinking of how to reply. He was sure he had looked oafish in the Wandering Contagion...
((Happy to hear that you're both subbed! :3 Btw if at any time you have any suggestions for the RP or a direction you'd like to take it, feel free to say so!

Hello @Alligatorsight! Thank you for your interest, it's really appreciated! I also read through your lore out of curiosity and thoroughly enjoyed it. However, I really prefer smaller RPs and I don't think I want it to get bigger than this. I hope you understand.))

The thing that was in the sack hit the ground with a soft thud. At first glance, it looked a bit like a discarded wig that had grown four talons. It made a soft croaking sound before flipping its head backwards to move its fur out of its eyes.

60625502_350.png

On the ground sat a hatchling Gaoler, pieces of frost-egg still hanging in her fur. A few larger pieces would spill out of the sack beside her, suggesting she had hatched shortly before the guardian's- or perhaps eggnapper's- landing. She blinked her large, red eyes- it seemed The Scarred Wasteland had influenced the baby's element whilst it was in the egg.

The Gaoler made sounds of delight seeing the world outside the bag for the first time. She clumsily pranced in a circle, cooing at the night sky. Stars began to make their appearance and twinkle within the over-arcing dark. It was as though she hadn't even noticed the Imperial or the Wildclaw yet.

---

As evening closed in fully, the guardian took in a chilled breath. He had made it to the Foxfire Bramble, and the wind whistled through it's tangle of thorny arms like an angry ghost. Walking on foot to rest his sore wings, the guardian made sure to keep them close and proceeded into the maze of hooked vegetation.

The wind revealed slowly the trends he was looking for- small pieces of twirling, bright ribbon hung heavy with beads and other strange trinkets. Deeper within, closer to the lair, the scraps of cloth became larger. In some brambles, the hides of eaten prey weighed the plants down. Gorion mentally prepared himself for the meeting he had been dreading.

29419467_350.png

Waiting for him, outside a pile of heaped textiles and cloth, was a dark skydancer with piercing, yellow eyes. She looked the Guardian up and down silently.

"Molsomner," Gorion rumbled, a twinge of embarassment in his voice.

"No eggs, I see." Molsomner replied sharply, almost interrupting the guardian in the quickness of her reply. "Your mother will be displeased to hear it. Dare I ask what happened, or better I find out for myself?"

Gorion hesitated, thinking of how to reply. He was sure he had looked oafish in the Wandering Contagion...
"Ewe! A baby!" Shrieked Jude, jumping back from the gaoler like it would bite her. She gave it the most volatile look she could muster, as though it had personally offended her by not being a harpy.

Rook sighed, rolling his eyes before narrowing them at the princess. He moved forward and scooped up the little dragonet into his arms, bouncing it a bit and giving it a warm smile. His happy, baby-talk words were directed at Jude, however.

"What the heck did you get us into this time, hmm? Who is going to come looking for this bundle of joy? How are we going to explain this to our brand new clan?"

Jude rolled her eyes so dramatically her chin tipped up in the process.

"Do you have to do that?" She growled, crossing her arms. It was true, they had just been shipped off to some huge Light Flight clan, where Jude was supposed to marry their prince and then have children to ship off to other clans to form further alliances. It was all very tired, boring stuff. Rook was the most concerned about fitting it, but not Jude. Jude just wanted to have adventures. Jude just wanted her own baby harpy, gosh darnit.

"We need to figure out where it came from and return it, somehow," Rook said seriously, peering down at the shards of ice egg. This would be really difficult, he thought. It wasn't like they could ask the child where it came from, it had clearly just hatched. What a way to come into the world.
"Ewe! A baby!" Shrieked Jude, jumping back from the gaoler like it would bite her. She gave it the most volatile look she could muster, as though it had personally offended her by not being a harpy.

Rook sighed, rolling his eyes before narrowing them at the princess. He moved forward and scooped up the little dragonet into his arms, bouncing it a bit and giving it a warm smile. His happy, baby-talk words were directed at Jude, however.

"What the heck did you get us into this time, hmm? Who is going to come looking for this bundle of joy? How are we going to explain this to our brand new clan?"

Jude rolled her eyes so dramatically her chin tipped up in the process.

"Do you have to do that?" She growled, crossing her arms. It was true, they had just been shipped off to some huge Light Flight clan, where Jude was supposed to marry their prince and then have children to ship off to other clans to form further alliances. It was all very tired, boring stuff. Rook was the most concerned about fitting it, but not Jude. Jude just wanted to have adventures. Jude just wanted her own baby harpy, gosh darnit.

"We need to figure out where it came from and return it, somehow," Rook said seriously, peering down at the shards of ice egg. This would be really difficult, he thought. It wasn't like they could ask the child where it came from, it had clearly just hatched. What a way to come into the world.
kmAu4dW.png bonsai_cnicht_1_by_auricolor-dajtoqd.png
Actively seeking lore clans to be Allies

rolz5s9.png
SoxF2SS.png?1.png
Keila flew after the wildclaw, and watched from behind a rock as The wildclaw landed, and a new dragon, a huge imperial, began to converse. The bag, when opened, had...a baby gaoler? Huh. The wildclaw seemed angry about this, which confused Keila. Who doesn't like babies?

Davian tailed the gaurdian all the way back to the Foxfire Bramble, but lost him in the maze. Dejectedly, he managed to find a way out and perched in a tree by the entrance, in case the gaurdian came that way again. He took note of the landscape, so he could find it again when leading a clan war party. If I get to lead a war party...
Keila flew after the wildclaw, and watched from behind a rock as The wildclaw landed, and a new dragon, a huge imperial, began to converse. The bag, when opened, had...a baby gaoler? Huh. The wildclaw seemed angry about this, which confused Keila. Who doesn't like babies?

Davian tailed the gaurdian all the way back to the Foxfire Bramble, but lost him in the maze. Dejectedly, he managed to find a way out and perched in a tree by the entrance, in case the gaurdian came that way again. He took note of the landscape, so he could find it again when leading a clan war party. If I get to lead a war party...
—Edgar Allen Poe
((Omg Jude, lol)) The baby Gaoler was happy to be held- especially by a dragon with whiskers. For a while, she was completely entranced by their gentle movements, reaching out her oversized talons to try to catch them. And the [i]sounds[/i]! She couldn't help but put her talons on the Imperial's lower lip as he spoke. When the Wildclaw replied, the Gaoler turned to stare at her. Whether it was because she had some inkling that the Wildclaw had "rescued" her, or if she just liked the fiery color of her scales, was unclear. ----- Somewhere in the bramble, there was a flash of light- an unusual happenstance in the Tangled Wood. It would be noticeable from outside the grand labyrinth of botany. Molsomner turned a levitating, glowing orb in her talons. "Save your breath, Gorion. You never were good with words." She sounded not unlike a strict schoolteacher addressing a student. Gorion was quiet. Being a shadow dragon from a shadow clan, he wasn't particularly fond of light dragons- but there was no way a shadow dragon would ever be capable of divination, being an element of an obscuring nature. Thankfully Molsomner had quite a talent just for that, and he couldn't deny scrying had it's uses. Her eyes scanned the globe as it revealed the image of a flaming wildclaw, taking the bag with relative ease. Molsomner scoffed. "Out-maneuvered by a misbehaving child..." She hissed coldly, raising another palm to rotate her scrying orb further. Gorion gave her a stubborn glare, but the sorceress didn't seem to notice. Turning it, the image moved forward and backwards in time, before changing altogether. "Ah. Currently in the Starfall Isles..." "Then I shall go retrieve the hatchling!" Gorion declared loudly. Molsomner smiled wryly. "Actually, Orsatrim has something else in mind. I foresaw this as a possibility." She seemed overly-satisfied with herself. Gorion seemed frozen in place, as another skydancer walked out of the darkness. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29374534] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/293746/29374534_350.png[/img] [/url] "Shiloh will go in your stead." The seer explained smugly. ((Aaaaa sorry if I'm like, writing with myself instead of giving you something to interact with Saar I just thought I should probably finish this little scene Also I know I said three but Molsomner is gonna go back in the lair in a hot sec once this is done anyway :) ))
((Omg Jude, lol))

The baby Gaoler was happy to be held- especially by a dragon with whiskers. For a while, she was completely entranced by their gentle movements, reaching out her oversized talons to try to catch them. And the sounds! She couldn't help but put her talons on the Imperial's lower lip as he spoke.

When the Wildclaw replied, the Gaoler turned to stare at her. Whether it was because she had some inkling that the Wildclaw had "rescued" her, or if she just liked the fiery color of her scales, was unclear.
Somewhere in the bramble, there was a flash of light- an unusual happenstance in the Tangled Wood. It would be noticeable from outside the grand labyrinth of botany. Molsomner turned a levitating, glowing orb in her talons. "Save your breath, Gorion. You never were good with words." She sounded not unlike a strict schoolteacher addressing a student.

Gorion was quiet. Being a shadow dragon from a shadow clan, he wasn't particularly fond of light dragons- but there was no way a shadow dragon would ever be capable of divination, being an element of an obscuring nature. Thankfully Molsomner had quite a talent just for that, and he couldn't deny scrying had it's uses.

Her eyes scanned the globe as it revealed the image of a flaming wildclaw, taking the bag with relative ease. Molsomner scoffed. "Out-maneuvered by a misbehaving child..." She hissed coldly, raising another palm to rotate her scrying orb further. Gorion gave her a stubborn glare, but the sorceress didn't seem to notice. Turning it, the image moved forward and backwards in time, before changing altogether. "Ah. Currently in the Starfall Isles..."

"Then I shall go retrieve the hatchling!" Gorion declared loudly. Molsomner smiled wryly.

"Actually, Orsatrim has something else in mind. I foresaw this as a possibility." She seemed overly-satisfied with herself. Gorion seemed frozen in place, as another skydancer walked out of the darkness.

29374534_350.png

"Shiloh will go in your stead." The seer explained smugly.

((Aaaaa sorry if I'm like, writing with myself instead of giving you something to interact with Saar I just thought I should probably finish this little scene

Also I know I said three but Molsomner is gonna go back in the lair in a hot sec once this is done anyway :) ))
It's all good it's giving Davian time to ponder life, the universe, and everything
It's all good it's giving Davian time to ponder life, the universe, and everything
—Edgar Allen Poe
1 2 3