Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Original Characters
1 2 3 4
[quote name="thecatsred" date="2016-03-21 09:31:38" ] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/6b7TJM1.png[/img][/center] Enjoy a TV show or a movie universe? Maybe a non-rpg game catches your eye with its lore and expanded world building? Sometimes you want to experience a world for yourself, so make yourself and go have fun! [/quote] Two of my favorite characters I play with are essentially my best friend and I as Power Rangers. It started off simple enough, less as characters and more just young us coming up with the idea of what kind of Power Rangers we would be. It just ended up growing from there and we've built a whole set of stories for it (I do most of the writing, but she's involved in fleshing it out). Those same characters also inspired two similarly favorite characters in one of my original settings. Same basic concept of armored superheroes, very similar power sets based on opposites and balance (dark/light, chaos/order, rage/serenity, etc.), still heavily inspired on our real selves personalities and mannerisms, just somewhat different origin and looks.
thecatsred wrote on 2016-03-21 09:31:38:
6b7TJM1.png

Enjoy a TV show or a movie universe? Maybe a non-rpg game catches your eye with its lore and expanded world building?

Sometimes you want to experience a world for yourself, so make yourself and go have fun!

Two of my favorite characters I play with are essentially my best friend and I as Power Rangers. It started off simple enough, less as characters and more just young us coming up with the idea of what kind of Power Rangers we would be. It just ended up growing from there and we've built a whole set of stories for it (I do most of the writing, but she's involved in fleshing it out).

Those same characters also inspired two similarly favorite characters in one of my original settings. Same basic concept of armored superheroes, very similar power sets based on opposites and balance (dark/light, chaos/order, rage/serenity, etc.), still heavily inspired on our real selves personalities and mannerisms, just somewhat different origin and looks.
Formerly known as Brenning.
Bookmark for later- this is a great resource for new writers and habitual OC makers alike, I just wish I had the time to ramble on about my stories :D
Bookmark for later- this is a great resource for new writers and habitual OC makers alike, I just wish I had the time to ramble on about my stories :D
1I2Zxcd.png
MeepWing
she/they pronuns - intp - aspie - +3 fr time - trash
This was very fun to read! It's actually quite helpful, I often forget a lot of pieces of character creation until later when I realize I need something that I hadn't thought of until then. Thank you for making such a nice post!
This was very fun to read! It's actually quite helpful, I often forget a lot of pieces of character creation until later when I realize I need something that I hadn't thought of until then. Thank you for making such a nice post!
Please Don't ping me to tell me you are not interested.
If I don't provide a price... I probably don't have one. If there's interest, I'll try and think of one for you! Don't worry, you're all set, amigo!
-Sorry if I missed you asking!
Woop woop! I have.. one main OC that I've ever really expanded on. HOWEVER,I CANNOT decide a name! At first (and for a long time) it was Carmen, and that was great. But then I thought: what if her name was Karma? It fits really well with her character... AND I CAN'T DECIDE, Because Karma isn't technically a naammmeee...? And there's a reason I picked Carmen in the first place... But I just don't know.
Woop woop! I have.. one main OC that I've ever really expanded on. HOWEVER,I CANNOT decide a name! At first (and for a long time) it was Carmen, and that was great. But then I thought: what if her name was Karma? It fits really well with her character... AND I CAN'T DECIDE, Because Karma isn't technically a naammmeee...? And there's a reason I picked Carmen in the first place... But I just don't know.
J7D1quC.pngXmHV7tO.pngCAJaTcp.png

Returning from haitus - signature in progress!

WKtl2lb.png
Oof I can tell this thread is old as heck cause charahub has been shut down for a while R.I.P, you'll be missed

Normally I don't respond on necro'd threads but if anyone viewing this wants some decent OC website resources. Notebook.ai is what I use and I've heard good things about WorldAnvil.com

Notebook.ai is a good resource that lets you create 'pages' in your notebook for OCs, Specific Items, Universes, etc. It asks you questions about whatever your filling out and is great for general world building + there's a forums section you can talk to others in. There's a free version which includes the basic pages for characters, universes, locations, and items. All of which can be made private if you'd like. Theres also the option to buy a subscription that allows you to access extra pages like dieties, planets, powers, flora, etc., whatever other pages you may need for world building. The subscription kinda sucks but at least there's no adds at all (even for the free ver.) which is nice. I didn't do it justice by describing it but oh well, it's p decent check it out :P

I don't know much about world anvil but from what I gathered: it's free, it's for roleplayers and writers, apparently really good for world building, a lot of people like it
Oof I can tell this thread is old as heck cause charahub has been shut down for a while R.I.P, you'll be missed

Normally I don't respond on necro'd threads but if anyone viewing this wants some decent OC website resources. Notebook.ai is what I use and I've heard good things about WorldAnvil.com

Notebook.ai is a good resource that lets you create 'pages' in your notebook for OCs, Specific Items, Universes, etc. It asks you questions about whatever your filling out and is great for general world building + there's a forums section you can talk to others in. There's a free version which includes the basic pages for characters, universes, locations, and items. All of which can be made private if you'd like. Theres also the option to buy a subscription that allows you to access extra pages like dieties, planets, powers, flora, etc., whatever other pages you may need for world building. The subscription kinda sucks but at least there's no adds at all (even for the free ver.) which is nice. I didn't do it justice by describing it but oh well, it's p decent check it out :P

I don't know much about world anvil but from what I gathered: it's free, it's for roleplayers and writers, apparently really good for world building, a lot of people like it
vbbxBX.png9QNbhfp.png
y'all realize you're pinging an inactive user right
y'all realize you're pinging an inactive user right
Art Shop
Hatchery

celebi.giftumblr_inline_n2t76ssIwF1r9ywrd.gifshadow.gif
1 2 3 4