Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | There are only two types of MJ grinders
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/418109967099494402/691323661721796618/unknown.png[/img][/center]
unknown.png
If you're reading this, you're special!
I am hoarding light eggs.
Happen to have one or more?
Come swap them here!
(offering my hoard)
Words of wisdom:
Do what is easy,
and your life will be hard.
Do what is hard,
and your life will be easy.
My coliseum team:
(always open for hugs ;3)
Elgar | Elysia
Cepheus | Apophis
Gaia | Mikado
Bamboo Falls for me because it's the only time I can grind for both currency and Umbral Yarn.
Bamboo Falls for me because it's the only time I can grind for both currency and Umbral Yarn.
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
I'd be harpy's roost if I had the motivation to grind in coli. I usually don't even go in unless I have fodder to train...
I'd be harpy's roost if I had the motivation to grind in coli. I usually don't even go in unless I have fodder to train...
queen_katoe.gif
I do both! When I want to watch something and only farm with half an eye, I'll do bamboo falls. When I have more focus on farming, I'll combine it with training a new dragon in the harpy's roost :)
I do both! When I want to watch something and only farm with half an eye, I'll do bamboo falls. When I have more focus on farming, I'll combine it with training a new dragon in the harpy's roost :)
[quote name="Saurium" date="2020-03-22 04:22:46" ] im not like ~other~ girls, i don't grind [/quote]
Saurium wrote on 2020-03-22 04:22:46:
im not like ~other~ girls, i don't grind
I can't hear you over in Redrock Cove and my giant piles of money

(Neither Bamboo Falls nor Harpy's Roost are bad, but prevalence of wind/neutral enemies isn't the only important metric you should consider when picking a venue - look at other valuable items gained from that venue, number of enemies you can defeat per minute in that venue, food types/points, and how often that venue will force you to refresh (and slow you down.))
I can't hear you over in Redrock Cove and my giant piles of money

(Neither Bamboo Falls nor Harpy's Roost are bad, but prevalence of wind/neutral enemies isn't the only important metric you should consider when picking a venue - look at other valuable items gained from that venue, number of enemies you can defeat per minute in that venue, food types/points, and how often that venue will force you to refresh (and slow you down.))
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
[quote name="Saurium" date="2020-03-22 04:22:46" ] im not like ~other~ girls, i don't grind [/quote]
Saurium wrote on 2020-03-22 04:22:46:
im not like ~other~ girls, i don't grind
Im back
does anyone know which is best like economically? bamboo is lovely for the mindless youtube-watching type grinding but you don't get fodder points, harpy is good for fodder but like you have to be somewhat actually mentally engaged for it to work?

does extra time required + fodder $$ end up = to bamboo falls profit?
does anyone know which is best like economically? bamboo is lovely for the mindless youtube-watching type grinding but you don't get fodder points, harpy is good for fodder but like you have to be somewhat actually mentally engaged for it to work?

hello.
[quote name="bagozago" date="2020-03-22 13:04:34" ] does anyone know which is best like economically? bamboo is lovely for the mindless youtube-watching type grinding but you don't get fodder points, harpy is good for fodder but like you have to be somewhat actually mentally engaged for it to work? does extra time required + fodder $$ end up = to bamboo falls profit? [/quote] I personally feel fest grinding is more profitable without fodder, because you can fit in so many more battles without constantly re-entering the coliseum and restarting your track. The bulk of coli profit is going to be food and fest currency, and any good side loot you accumulate, which favors doing more battles. HR isn't an ideal fodder venue, either; it provides less EXP than mire/ghostlight without actually being any easier than them. Maybe other people have different rhythms that work better than them, but avoiding fodder and grinding mid-level venues during fests consistently gets me 5-10kg profits each time.
bagozago wrote on 2020-03-22 13:04:34:

I personally feel fest grinding is more profitable without fodder, because you can fit in so many more battles without constantly re-entering the coliseum and restarting your track. The bulk of coli profit is going to be food and fest currency, and any good side loot you accumulate, which favors doing more battles. HR isn't an ideal fodder venue, either; it provides less EXP than mire/ghostlight without actually being any easier than them.

Maybe other people have different rhythms that work better than them, but avoiding fodder and grinding mid-level venues during fests consistently gets me 5-10kg profits each time.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
I started in bamboo but found I was getting more of the scrolls in Harpy.
I started in bamboo but found I was getting more of the scrolls in Harpy.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7