Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Familiar assignment: sort by awakened
This may have been posted once before in some way or another but it would really help me out if there was some way to differentiate at a glance between awakened-status familiars and everyone else on the Familiar Assignment screen.

Placing some kind of small mark over their icon (a star? a check mark? a ham hock-- just as long as it is obvious) would do it, or perhaps sorting them from least-bonded to fully-awakened in the list would work, but it would probably be tidier, more elegant, and ultimately less work if the list of available familiars could be divided into two tabs: "Awakened" and "Unawakened." This way, we do not have to try and remember which of potentially hundreds of familiars we have awakened already or constantly flip back and forth between the dragon detail and familiar selection screens. It also allows players to casually revisit the familiars they have awakened without having to sift through exactly everybody else to find them.

Anyway, thanks for considering it! :D
This may have been posted once before in some way or another but it would really help me out if there was some way to differentiate at a glance between awakened-status familiars and everyone else on the Familiar Assignment screen.

Placing some kind of small mark over their icon (a star? a check mark? a ham hock-- just as long as it is obvious) would do it, or perhaps sorting them from least-bonded to fully-awakened in the list would work, but it would probably be tidier, more elegant, and ultimately less work if the list of available familiars could be divided into two tabs: "Awakened" and "Unawakened." This way, we do not have to try and remember which of potentially hundreds of familiars we have awakened already or constantly flip back and forth between the dragon detail and familiar selection screens. It also allows players to casually revisit the familiars they have awakened without having to sift through exactly everybody else to find them.

Anyway, thanks for considering it! :D
If you still have a copy of the familiar, fully awakened familiars have a star background. If you didn’t keep a copy of the familiar you can tell at who is awakened as the bonding heart I the bestiary has a star..

That being said I’d love to be able to filter who is awakened or not so I can easily replace awakened familiars with unawakened ones on my dragons
If you still have a copy of the familiar, fully awakened familiars have a star background. If you didn’t keep a copy of the familiar you can tell at who is awakened as the bonding heart I the bestiary has a star..

That being said I’d love to be able to filter who is awakened or not so I can easily replace awakened familiars with unawakened ones on my dragons
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
bump. it needs to be in the assignment screen while you are giving a dragon a familiar! i have to rely on my unreliable memory to tell me who is awakened or not when i'm assigning the familiar to a dragon. otherwise i have to scour the beastiary since i can't sort by status (awakened, etc) there, (or i have to go back to the dragon once assigned and see, which is inconvenient). and in the auction house, there's no way of knowing if you already have a familiar when you're purchasing/browsing unless, again, you search page by page through the beastiary. if i'm incorrect lmk.
bump. it needs to be in the assignment screen while you are giving a dragon a familiar! i have to rely on my unreliable memory to tell me who is awakened or not when i'm assigning the familiar to a dragon. otherwise i have to scour the beastiary since i can't sort by status (awakened, etc) there, (or i have to go back to the dragon once assigned and see, which is inconvenient). and in the auction house, there's no way of knowing if you already have a familiar when you're purchasing/browsing unless, again, you search page by page through the beastiary. if i'm incorrect lmk.
2NWBlmA.jpgKEPYkiX.png2kzhGOL.png
@ickypossum There is a way to sort by status in the Bestiary. If you click on the magnifying glass there will be a dropdown for "Bond Level." [img]https://i.imgur.com/4UbAonL.png[/img]
@ickypossum There is a way to sort by status in the Bestiary. If you click on the magnifying glass there will be a dropdown for "Bond Level."

4UbAonL.png
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
OP, I really like your idea of modifying the icon of a familiar. I've suggested elsewhere that there's just a bright yellow border added to the icon, to mimic the colors of the stars in the background and the sparkly bar at the bottom of awakened familiars.

Simple, easy to see when scanning through the list, very easy to add to all icons, and stays with the visual indicators we already have for awakened familiars.
OP, I really like your idea of modifying the icon of a familiar. I've suggested elsewhere that there's just a bright yellow border added to the icon, to mimic the colors of the stars in the background and the sparkly bar at the bottom of awakened familiars.

Simple, easy to see when scanning through the list, very easy to add to all icons, and stays with the visual indicators we already have for awakened familiars.
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
[quote name="LordJeanliness" date="2020-02-03 09:21:22" ] OP, I really like your idea of modifying the icon of a familiar. I've suggested elsewhere that there's just a bright yellow border added to the icon, to mimic the colors of the stars in the background and the sparkly bar at the bottom of awakened familiars. Simple, easy to see when scanning through the list, very easy to add to all icons, and stays with the visual indicators we already have for awakened familiars. [/quote] Aa, I like this idea, too! I would still prefer to be able to sort them, at least in a rudimentary awakened-or-not way, but I would be satisfied with the border (or even icon) solution, especially if it was effective across other pages and panes as well (besides just familiar assignment)! @LordJeanliness and @DragonSage, the bestiary is really handy, yeah! I really like how much effort went into making it customizable and sortable and being able to pick those settings on the fly! My main concern here though is that selecting new familiars is cumbersome and a bit slow. Nothing me and my 233 current familiars cannot handle at this moment but I feel like it will become much less satisfying as I accumulate more... XD
LordJeanliness wrote on 2020-02-03 09:21:22:

Aa, I like this idea, too!
I would still prefer to be able to sort them, at least in a rudimentary awakened-or-not way, but I would be satisfied with the border (or even icon) solution, especially if it was effective across other pages and panes as well (besides just familiar assignment)!

@LordJeanliness and @DragonSage, the bestiary is really handy, yeah! I really like how much effort went into making it customizable and sortable and being able to pick those settings on the fly!
My main concern here though is that selecting new familiars is cumbersome and a bit slow. Nothing me and my 233 current familiars cannot handle at this moment but I feel like it will become much less satisfying as I accumulate more... XD