Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | In The Mist
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Hyacinth considered this wolf. Yes, it knew the mist well. Almost as well as
she did.
Tie us together, She thought. A good idea, but really, another dragon could
hurtle out of the mist and kill us, even if we were tied together. Then the pearlcatcher remembered she was supposed to feel sick at the idea, and let everyone know what she was thinking by the means of her face.
As they trekked through the mist, a problem soon became apparent:
Andromeda was hungry. Hyacinth inwardly groaned as she recognized her cat, weakened by hunger, try to grab a moth out of the air. If Andromeda died with at least one person watching, everything could go incredibly badly. In fact, Hyacinth's scales were starting to shiver, and her long whiskers were rapidly changing length and blurring.
"My cat needs food," The dragon called to the group. "Fish, specifically.
Actually, I think we could all use some food; me and Ridge finished the last of ours a while ago."
Hyacinth considered this wolf. Yes, it knew the mist well. Almost as well as
she did.
Tie us together, She thought. A good idea, but really, another dragon could
hurtle out of the mist and kill us, even if we were tied together. Then the pearlcatcher remembered she was supposed to feel sick at the idea, and let everyone know what she was thinking by the means of her face.
As they trekked through the mist, a problem soon became apparent:
Andromeda was hungry. Hyacinth inwardly groaned as she recognized her cat, weakened by hunger, try to grab a moth out of the air. If Andromeda died with at least one person watching, everything could go incredibly badly. In fact, Hyacinth's scales were starting to shiver, and her long whiskers were rapidly changing length and blurring.
"My cat needs food," The dragon called to the group. "Fish, specifically.
Actually, I think we could all use some food; me and Ridge finished the last of ours a while ago."
'Of course! There's a river nearby! Follow me.' I lead the way to a river, a small one with lots of fish. I bend down, letting the cat get off.
'Of course! There's a river nearby! Follow me.' I lead the way to a river, a small one with lots of fish. I bend down, letting the cat get off.
nZJa3n3.png
Illiad had been silently watching and going along with whatever the wolf said. Tying vines to themselves sounded admittedly unnecessary to her, but who was she to question? She didn't even know where she was. Or her bird... She had never even gave the thing a name, yet found herself growing more concerned over it. She thought as she walked, vine roped around one of her many horns (she had few places to put it out of the acid's reach). She watched the pearlcatcher shake in front of her, looking rather worse for wear. On second thought, given the fact that one member of their group was as panic-prone as a mouse in a pit of rattlesnakes, perhaps the safety leashes were necessary.

Following a much welcome talk about food, they arrived at a river. She was desperately thirsty, removed the vine, and trotted a good ways downstream the bank to drink. And drink. And drink. Something she was getting quite used to in this environment was that nothing had a smell she could pick up. Not the wolf, not the trees, not the air, not the water. No wonder she couldn't smell any at first. With her muzzle still dipped into the running stream, she watched the three from where she was, wondering what their relation was before she found them. The two dragons behaved like friends, almost. Then again, they could just be friendly strangers.

She lifted her face from the water and eased back to sit, resting her aching hind legs for a moment. Thank the eleven that this water was running, or she may not have been able to drink at all. She assumed at least one of them had tried flying to get out of here, but she should ask anyhow. To at least know what the sky looked like.

She trotted back over, voice a little more vitalized than before. "So, have either of you flown upward yet? What did this place look like from above?"

Illiad had been silently watching and going along with whatever the wolf said. Tying vines to themselves sounded admittedly unnecessary to her, but who was she to question? She didn't even know where she was. Or her bird... She had never even gave the thing a name, yet found herself growing more concerned over it. She thought as she walked, vine roped around one of her many horns (she had few places to put it out of the acid's reach). She watched the pearlcatcher shake in front of her, looking rather worse for wear. On second thought, given the fact that one member of their group was as panic-prone as a mouse in a pit of rattlesnakes, perhaps the safety leashes were necessary.

Following a much welcome talk about food, they arrived at a river. She was desperately thirsty, removed the vine, and trotted a good ways downstream the bank to drink. And drink. And drink. Something she was getting quite used to in this environment was that nothing had a smell she could pick up. Not the wolf, not the trees, not the air, not the water. No wonder she couldn't smell any at first. With her muzzle still dipped into the running stream, she watched the three from where she was, wondering what their relation was before she found them. The two dragons behaved like friends, almost. Then again, they could just be friendly strangers.

She lifted her face from the water and eased back to sit, resting her aching hind legs for a moment. Thank the eleven that this water was running, or she may not have been able to drink at all. She assumed at least one of them had tried flying to get out of here, but she should ask anyhow. To at least know what the sky looked like.

She trotted back over, voice a little more vitalized than before. "So, have either of you flown upward yet? What did this place look like from above?"

CAeUbri.png
'You can't fly up. And if you managed to find a way, it would be more Mist. That's all.'
I lap the water and spot a fish. Quickly, I flip it out of the water and eat it.
'You can't fly up. And if you managed to find a way, it would be more Mist. That's all.'
I lap the water and spot a fish. Quickly, I flip it out of the water and eat it.
nZJa3n3.png
Ridge did as was asked. However, she did not tie the end of the rope to herself, as it seemed unnecessary and restricting if they did happen to be attacked. She felt as if the vines purpose would be fulfilled if she merely held onto it, and so that was exactly what she did. When Hyacinth spoke up about food, Ridge’s mouth began to water. It felt as if she hadn’t eaten in days.

The mist wolf lead them all to a small stream. Ridge lapped up some water, then continued to catch herself some food. She did not however, feed herself first. Ridge might only be new friends with Hyacinth and Andromeda, but she felt as if they were the only ones she knew here, and she was the kind of dragon to look out for her friends. The first three fish she gave to Hyacinth and Andromeda. The last two she kept for herself, and ate quite quickly. After she had finished the small fish, she laid down on the ground, listening to the water in the brook.
Ridge did as was asked. However, she did not tie the end of the rope to herself, as it seemed unnecessary and restricting if they did happen to be attacked. She felt as if the vines purpose would be fulfilled if she merely held onto it, and so that was exactly what she did. When Hyacinth spoke up about food, Ridge’s mouth began to water. It felt as if she hadn’t eaten in days.

The mist wolf lead them all to a small stream. Ridge lapped up some water, then continued to catch herself some food. She did not however, feed herself first. Ridge might only be new friends with Hyacinth and Andromeda, but she felt as if they were the only ones she knew here, and she was the kind of dragon to look out for her friends. The first three fish she gave to Hyacinth and Andromeda. The last two she kept for herself, and ate quite quickly. After she had finished the small fish, she laid down on the ground, listening to the water in the brook.
UZVTEBc.png
Hyacinth was relieved when Andromeda ate. Her scales and horn had started
blurring as her cat grew closer to death, and she was almost sure someone had seen it. Of course, she could have drawn the mist around her, but that would have made everyone come closer.
It suddenly dawned on the pearlcatcher that she was doing a very bad job of
being her character. She was acting like herself acting like Hyacinth. Her intense worry over this caused her form to blur again, so she immediately stopped thinking about it. Or tried to. It is very hard to just stop thinking about things. As the group moved on, Hyacinth kept seeing parts of her blur.
A part of her tail.
The scales on her chest.
Even her pearl.
Once, when she was desperately trying to distract herself but only worrying
more, her locket briefly opened. Hyacinth had no idea if anyone had seen this, but decided not to look around, lest she look suspicious.
The inside of the locket went past the back and straight into the pearlcatcher's
soul. It was a swirling gray.
Hyacinth was relieved when Andromeda ate. Her scales and horn had started
blurring as her cat grew closer to death, and she was almost sure someone had seen it. Of course, she could have drawn the mist around her, but that would have made everyone come closer.
It suddenly dawned on the pearlcatcher that she was doing a very bad job of
being her character. She was acting like herself acting like Hyacinth. Her intense worry over this caused her form to blur again, so she immediately stopped thinking about it. Or tried to. It is very hard to just stop thinking about things. As the group moved on, Hyacinth kept seeing parts of her blur.
A part of her tail.
The scales on her chest.
Even her pearl.
Once, when she was desperately trying to distract herself but only worrying
more, her locket briefly opened. Hyacinth had no idea if anyone had seen this, but decided not to look around, lest she look suspicious.
The inside of the locket went past the back and straight into the pearlcatcher's
soul. It was a swirling gray.
“I did try to fly out,” Ridge piped in after hearing the mist wolf respond to Illiad. “It’s just cloud, no matter how high you get.” Ridge walked over to the two and sat on her haunches. “Didn’t you try?” After asking, Ridge realized that Illiad might not be able to fly. She looked down at her paws in embarrassment, kicking up a little dust.

While waiting for a response, ridge noticed something out of the corner of her eye. “Did Hyacinth just disappear for a second? No, she couldn’t have, that’s impossible.” Just in case, Ridge turned one of her ears toward Hyacinth like a wary horse, listening incase it happened again.
“I did try to fly out,” Ridge piped in after hearing the mist wolf respond to Illiad. “It’s just cloud, no matter how high you get.” Ridge walked over to the two and sat on her haunches. “Didn’t you try?” After asking, Ridge realized that Illiad might not be able to fly. She looked down at her paws in embarrassment, kicking up a little dust.

While waiting for a response, ridge noticed something out of the corner of her eye. “Did Hyacinth just disappear for a second? No, she couldn’t have, that’s impossible.” Just in case, Ridge turned one of her ears toward Hyacinth like a wary horse, listening incase it happened again.
UZVTEBc.png
Illiad squinted at the wolf, wondering how it could possibly know what the sky would look like considering it didn't look like it could fly. The skydancer, however, confirmed what it had said.

"Didn't you try?"

She addressed the question by opening her left wing, peppered with large, oozing acidic holes that ate away at her skin.

"I can only really get a few feet off the ground, and that's with a clearing large enough and tremendous effort. The air moves right through." She paused, on a similar train of thought, " I typically have a bird- a hazebeacon, to help me get a view of where I am. I sent it off a few hours ago when I first got here to look around, but it hasn't returned, no matter how loud I called. It's never gotten lost before. If any of you have seen anything or see anything, please let me know." She craned her neck and looked over at the Pearlcatcher, "I don't know how knowledgeable you are of the situation, but if you value that cat, I would keep it close to you. We wouldn't want another animal disappea-" she stopped, blinking.

What was that? Was the mist screwing with her head? Did the Pearlcatcher just blur like a mossball in water? She was looking right at her. That couldn't be a trick of the eye. She shook her head. For a moment, just a split second, she could no longer smell the dragon in front of her. Something wasn't right.
"Are you.. okay?"
Illiad squinted at the wolf, wondering how it could possibly know what the sky would look like considering it didn't look like it could fly. The skydancer, however, confirmed what it had said.

"Didn't you try?"

She addressed the question by opening her left wing, peppered with large, oozing acidic holes that ate away at her skin.

"I can only really get a few feet off the ground, and that's with a clearing large enough and tremendous effort. The air moves right through." She paused, on a similar train of thought, " I typically have a bird- a hazebeacon, to help me get a view of where I am. I sent it off a few hours ago when I first got here to look around, but it hasn't returned, no matter how loud I called. It's never gotten lost before. If any of you have seen anything or see anything, please let me know." She craned her neck and looked over at the Pearlcatcher, "I don't know how knowledgeable you are of the situation, but if you value that cat, I would keep it close to you. We wouldn't want another animal disappea-" she stopped, blinking.

What was that? Was the mist screwing with her head? Did the Pearlcatcher just blur like a mossball in water? She was looking right at her. That couldn't be a trick of the eye. She shook her head. For a moment, just a split second, she could no longer smell the dragon in front of her. Something wasn't right.
"Are you.. okay?"
CAeUbri.png
Hyacinth internally moaned. She had been found out.
“Yes, fine...well, I am a little worried. Is the mist gathering around anyone else?”
She asked, stroking her cat.
So as not to grab anyone’s attention, she feigned a headache and closed her
eyes to concentrate. Yes, make the mist thicken around Ridge and Iliad. She was actually calming down. When she opened her eyes, though, she saw that she had put too much must around the ridgeback. That worried her, but no one quite knew how the mist worked. She stumbled to the dragon, calling others to help.
Keep it believable. Keep. It. Believable.
Hyacinth internally moaned. She had been found out.
“Yes, fine...well, I am a little worried. Is the mist gathering around anyone else?”
She asked, stroking her cat.
So as not to grab anyone’s attention, she feigned a headache and closed her
eyes to concentrate. Yes, make the mist thicken around Ridge and Iliad. She was actually calming down. When she opened her eyes, though, she saw that she had put too much must around the ridgeback. That worried her, but no one quite knew how the mist worked. She stumbled to the dragon, calling others to help.
Keep it believable. Keep. It. Believable.
are we still doing this?
are we still doing this?
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13