Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | In The Mist
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Sorry about not being on as often; I am usually busy around the time you are posting! Feel free, @AuremAngel, to put in things I do to keep the story going, since you know my character pretty well.
Sorry about not being on as often; I am usually busy around the time you are posting! Feel free, @AuremAngel, to put in things I do to keep the story going, since you know my character pretty well.
((@tintagel its fine, i'll try to pace my replies so everyone gets a response in before continuing, im ok with waiting a bit))
((@tintagel its fine, i'll try to pace my replies so everyone gets a response in before continuing, im ok with waiting a bit))
CAeUbri.png
Meanwhile, a Gaoler wandered through what seemed to be a never ending fog. Has he been travelling for days? Weeks? He couldn't remember by that point. He hasn't came across anything edible in a while.

Nothing but aimlessly walking for days on end, in search of any familiar faces. Though, he hasn't made much acquaintances. His clan knew him as a recluse. An outcast. Barley seen by anyone. The Gaoler only consider few to be 'friend'. Has any of his clan mates take note of his disappearance? He knew not.

His feet ached, begging for rest. But his mind drove him forward. In hopes of finding anything. Or anyone.
Meanwhile, a Gaoler wandered through what seemed to be a never ending fog. Has he been travelling for days? Weeks? He couldn't remember by that point. He hasn't came across anything edible in a while.

Nothing but aimlessly walking for days on end, in search of any familiar faces. Though, he hasn't made much acquaintances. His clan knew him as a recluse. An outcast. Barley seen by anyone. The Gaoler only consider few to be 'friend'. Has any of his clan mates take note of his disappearance? He knew not.

His feet ached, begging for rest. But his mind drove him forward. In hopes of finding anything. Or anyone.
I shake my head. 'Look, if you listen to me, the Mist will decide if you are favourable. If you don't, then you'll be stuck here.' Then I turned to Hyacinth and said softly. 'Don't worry. You won't rot here, and the cat will stay with you. I'll look out for it especially.' I smile comfortingly. I was a very big wolf, about half the size of a Guardian, but I was kind and I knew what it was like to be lost here.
I shake my head. 'Look, if you listen to me, the Mist will decide if you are favourable. If you don't, then you'll be stuck here.' Then I turned to Hyacinth and said softly. 'Don't worry. You won't rot here, and the cat will stay with you. I'll look out for it especially.' I smile comfortingly. I was a very big wolf, about half the size of a Guardian, but I was kind and I knew what it was like to be lost here.
nZJa3n3.png
( don’t worry about it Tintagel. I totally understand, and am more than happy to wait.)

Ridge was surprised by Hyacinth’s uncharacteristic response. Though she was rather pleased it took the attention off her comment from before. “Hyacinth, are you...” Ridge never finished her sentence. She saw the look of remorse on Hyacinths face, and decided to forget it.

Ridge stood from her spot, and walked around in a circle, examining everyone there. She walked by Iliad, looking the new dragon over, then the wolf, making eye contact with it, as if trying to look into it’s mind and read it’s thoughts. Finally, she past Hyacinth, where she smelled the most fear-scent. She stopped for a second, with her head low and staring at the ground, then she continued walking.

Ridge stared down at her paws, embarrassed about the odd way she walked about the group, “Do you think there’s a chance we can find a way out.” Ridge was obviously addressing the wolf, but she had hoped the other dragons would say something as well.

The others might not have realized, but Ridge walked around the group to get more than just a look at everyone. Her olfactory sense, along with her incredible antennae, gave her an insight on everyone. The new dragon Illiad has some fear-scent, but for the most part, Ridge sensed that the dragon was still positive about the situation. This new dragon also appears to be very strong, though the goo made it hard to understand how healthy the dragon might be. With the wolf, Ridge looked into its eyes, and saw it to be a powerful guardian, as if it and the mist were one. And Hyacinth, well how do you begin? Ridge had already noticed something up with her, but now, the fear-scent seemed to be radiating from her. And her cat Andromeda seemed slightly on edge after Hyacinths comment. Ridge could sense that Hyacinth was hiding something. It was none of her business, and she knew it, especially since she wasn’t here to share every detail about herself.
( don’t worry about it Tintagel. I totally understand, and am more than happy to wait.)

Ridge was surprised by Hyacinth’s uncharacteristic response. Though she was rather pleased it took the attention off her comment from before. “Hyacinth, are you...” Ridge never finished her sentence. She saw the look of remorse on Hyacinths face, and decided to forget it.

Ridge stood from her spot, and walked around in a circle, examining everyone there. She walked by Iliad, looking the new dragon over, then the wolf, making eye contact with it, as if trying to look into it’s mind and read it’s thoughts. Finally, she past Hyacinth, where she smelled the most fear-scent. She stopped for a second, with her head low and staring at the ground, then she continued walking.

Ridge stared down at her paws, embarrassed about the odd way she walked about the group, “Do you think there’s a chance we can find a way out.” Ridge was obviously addressing the wolf, but she had hoped the other dragons would say something as well.

The others might not have realized, but Ridge walked around the group to get more than just a look at everyone. Her olfactory sense, along with her incredible antennae, gave her an insight on everyone. The new dragon Illiad has some fear-scent, but for the most part, Ridge sensed that the dragon was still positive about the situation. This new dragon also appears to be very strong, though the goo made it hard to understand how healthy the dragon might be. With the wolf, Ridge looked into its eyes, and saw it to be a powerful guardian, as if it and the mist were one. And Hyacinth, well how do you begin? Ridge had already noticed something up with her, but now, the fear-scent seemed to be radiating from her. And her cat Andromeda seemed slightly on edge after Hyacinths comment. Ridge could sense that Hyacinth was hiding something. It was none of her business, and she knew it, especially since she wasn’t here to share every detail about herself.
UZVTEBc.png
I knew the fear and uncertainty of being lost in the Mist but it seemed Ridge wasn't too worried. She didn't seems to trust me completely and that was also normal. 'Of course. But not alone. Without a Mist Wolf... well I think you know what I mean.' I finish, not wanting to worry Hyacinth.

Ridge seemed to be trying to read my mind which wouldn't work. I was immune to almost all magic. The smell of fear and uncertainty was almost oozing off of Hyacinth and it worried me. I had only led five dragons out of the maze, but none were as nervous as she was.
I knew the fear and uncertainty of being lost in the Mist but it seemed Ridge wasn't too worried. She didn't seems to trust me completely and that was also normal. 'Of course. But not alone. Without a Mist Wolf... well I think you know what I mean.' I finish, not wanting to worry Hyacinth.

Ridge seemed to be trying to read my mind which wouldn't work. I was immune to almost all magic. The smell of fear and uncertainty was almost oozing off of Hyacinth and it worried me. I had only led five dragons out of the maze, but none were as nervous as she was.
nZJa3n3.png
Hyacinth knew the mist. Of course she did. But they could not know. And she
could not get too worked up, because of the cat.
Why, of all things, The pearlcatcher thought. Would you use a cat? You
could have waited, waited to find something sturdier...without legs...without a brain...
In the meantime, though, she decided to assist the group's quixotic quest.
Putting Andromeda on the mist wolf's back, she turned to face the mist. Well, she turned; the mist was everywhere. She cleared her mind and thought for a moment. The mist swirled near the group and cleared, slightly. She raised the hand not holding her pearl and gestured to the others to come.
In the back of her head, the verse to a song she knew repeated, but differently.
The mist is alive, it speaks to you,
Ignore its voices and follow paths true.
Oh, for the dragon with the listening heart,
None of the traps for you will fall apart.
Hyacinth knew the mist. Of course she did. But they could not know. And she
could not get too worked up, because of the cat.
Why, of all things, The pearlcatcher thought. Would you use a cat? You
could have waited, waited to find something sturdier...without legs...without a brain...
In the meantime, though, she decided to assist the group's quixotic quest.
Putting Andromeda on the mist wolf's back, she turned to face the mist. Well, she turned; the mist was everywhere. She cleared her mind and thought for a moment. The mist swirled near the group and cleared, slightly. She raised the hand not holding her pearl and gestured to the others to come.
In the back of her head, the verse to a song she knew repeated, but differently.
The mist is alive, it speaks to you,
Ignore its voices and follow paths true.
Oh, for the dragon with the listening heart,
None of the traps for you will fall apart.
The cat seems to fall asleep and I turn to the group. 'I'm going to take you to my home. Please, don't touch anything there. I..' My voice falters and I stop, looking at the dragons, waiting for them to speak.
The cat seems to fall asleep and I turn to the group. 'I'm going to take you to my home. Please, don't touch anything there. I..' My voice falters and I stop, looking at the dragons, waiting for them to speak.
nZJa3n3.png
Ridge joined the group as soon as Hyacinth beckoned to everyone. Ridge had expected Hyacinth to have come up with a plan, when her thought was interrupted by the mist wolf, asking if they wanted to go to its den to rest. Ridge thought it a nice idea, as it seemed about the time the sun would be setting, though she could not tell. Her feet also happened to be aching from the running and the walking done just earlier that day. But a thought lingered in her mind. A thought that she might be led into a trap. But she brushed it off, she always seemed to think of those things, even though it sounded as if the wolf hoped to help them out of the mist.

“That doesn’t sound like a bad idea,” Ridge said at last. “We can rest there a little while and come up with a plan. Sound good?” Ridge looked around at the other dragons, incase they might feel other wise, in which case, Ridge would be happy to listen.
Ridge joined the group as soon as Hyacinth beckoned to everyone. Ridge had expected Hyacinth to have come up with a plan, when her thought was interrupted by the mist wolf, asking if they wanted to go to its den to rest. Ridge thought it a nice idea, as it seemed about the time the sun would be setting, though she could not tell. Her feet also happened to be aching from the running and the walking done just earlier that day. But a thought lingered in her mind. A thought that she might be led into a trap. But she brushed it off, she always seemed to think of those things, even though it sounded as if the wolf hoped to help them out of the mist.

“That doesn’t sound like a bad idea,” Ridge said at last. “We can rest there a little while and come up with a plan. Sound good?” Ridge looked around at the other dragons, incase they might feel other wise, in which case, Ridge would be happy to listen.
UZVTEBc.png
'Come on then!' I turn and start walking through the Mist then stop. 'Stay here.' I run off quickly and grab a lot of vines. 'Tie yourselves together. Ridge, will you go at the back in case a Mist bear or something comes closer.' I stop and wait for them to get ready.
'Come on then!' I turn and start walking through the Mist then stop. 'Stay here.' I run off quickly and grab a lot of vines. 'Tie yourselves together. Ridge, will you go at the back in case a Mist bear or something comes closer.' I stop and wait for them to get ready.
nZJa3n3.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13