Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ancient Fans & Underbelly
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 59 60
I don't like how my dragon looks now with metallic. Please consider changing it back or refunding gems.
I don't like how my dragon looks now with metallic. Please consider changing it back or refunding gems.
Yay!
I especially love the fan on Gaoler I think it rlly fits the breed
Yay!
I especially love the fan on Gaoler I think it rlly fits the breed
🔥🔥🔥Love life with a vengeance!🔥🔥🔥
Thank you for the metallic fix my 2 metallic banes look way better! I was disappointed how flat the metallic looked compared to other breeds. Thank you staff for all the hard work you do putting out new content!!
Thank you for the metallic fix my 2 metallic banes look way better! I was disappointed how flat the metallic looked compared to other breeds. Thank you staff for all the hard work you do putting out new content!!
Fd5cQVO.jpeg
Been trying to get fans on my banescale for a bit, but it's cool to see on Gaolers.
Been trying to get fans on my banescale for a bit, but it's cool to see on Gaolers.
sQ35KLV.png
Some days I wish I had wings so I could be free.
[quote name="Huolon" date="2020-01-07 20:13:35" ] As many have stated already: —Lore wise, it makes absolutely no sense for Gaolers to be given Fans. —Location wise, it also makes no sense because it'd be far too cold + they already are literally a mountain of fur [/quote] Just quoting you because you gave nice bullet points, but replying to basically everyone who said the same things Lore wise, it makes sense. They are evolving. While it has only been half a year for us, who knows how long it has been for them. Perhaps they even had tiny fins beneath their fur that could help them swim. After all, there are arctic marine animals out there. Location wise, it also makes sense. Besides the previous marine animal thing, remember now that gaolers have been 'discovered' they aren't all staying in the arctic ice floes. What about Gaolers who have made their homes in Fire territory? I am sure those would definitely need the fans to keep them cooler. At this point, there are some things to remember: 1. Not every gene will appeal to every person, but as long as it appeals to some, it is a valid gene. 2. Not every gene makes complete sense. I am getting firefly vibes from this update, where there were a LOT of people complaining about firefly not making sense, and it should have been apparel and not a gene, and how dare the staff make a gene that the individual person can't explain away etc.. 3. Time in the dragon 'universe' is different than ours. Hatchlings grow to adult dragons in 5 days and can breed in as few as 15 days. Dragons can also canonically live for thousands upon thousands of years. I sincerely doubt that dragons who are 15 'human' days old are actually 15 'dragon' days old. They are probably more likely hundreds or thousands of years old. 4. This means that lots of things can happen in that time. Evolution is a thing, even in Sornieth, so it is totally possible that because 5. gaolers didn't stay in Ice terriory, they adapted to the territories they now inhabit. They may even have been evolving the fins long before they were discovered, but simply didn't have the need to fully evolve the fans until they were able to move to other territories. which leads me to I think my last point 6. Magic. Since these dragons were moving to territories that potentially would be truly horrible living conditions for them, they may have used magic to give themselves adaptations to their current homes. Maybe they saw banescales and studied how their fans worked (those that had them) and realized that they can be adapted to Gaoler needs, and used magic to help do just that. I do understand. I don't like the fin + fur approach either (but to be honest, I don't like gaolers to begin with), but hating the gene (and dishing the amount of salt I have seen in this thread towards the staff for choosing this specific gene to port over) because it doesn't make sense, to me doesn't make sense. Dragons are fictional creatures, so anything is possible with them, and can be explained away in so many ways usually that the only limitation on them is what your imagination can come up with. I understand the criticisms about placement and clipping issues, those are, to me, valid complaints, but not just 'Gaolers are a furred species! they can't have FINS!'. (not touching the other issues in the thread with a 200 foot pole)
Huolon wrote on 2020-01-07 20:13:35:
As many have stated already:

—Lore wise, it makes absolutely no sense for Gaolers to be given Fans.

—Location wise, it also makes no sense because it'd be far too cold + they already are literally a mountain of fur
Just quoting you because you gave nice bullet points, but replying to basically everyone who said the same things

Lore wise, it makes sense. They are evolving. While it has only been half a year for us, who knows how long it has been for them. Perhaps they even had tiny fins beneath their fur that could help them swim. After all, there are arctic marine animals out there.

Location wise, it also makes sense. Besides the previous marine animal thing, remember now that gaolers have been 'discovered' they aren't all staying in the arctic ice floes. What about Gaolers who have made their homes in Fire territory? I am sure those would definitely need the fans to keep them cooler.

At this point, there are some things to remember:

1. Not every gene will appeal to every person, but as long as it appeals to some, it is a valid gene.

2. Not every gene makes complete sense. I am getting firefly vibes from this update, where there were a LOT of people complaining about firefly not making sense, and it should have been apparel and not a gene, and how dare the staff make a gene that the individual person can't explain away etc..

3. Time in the dragon 'universe' is different than ours. Hatchlings grow to adult dragons in 5 days and can breed in as few as 15 days. Dragons can also canonically live for thousands upon thousands of years. I sincerely doubt that dragons who are 15 'human' days old are actually 15 'dragon' days old. They are probably more likely hundreds or thousands of years old.

4. This means that lots of things can happen in that time. Evolution is a thing, even in Sornieth, so it is totally possible that because

5. gaolers didn't stay in Ice terriory, they adapted to the territories they now inhabit. They may even have been evolving the fins long before they were discovered, but simply didn't have the need to fully evolve the fans until they were able to move to other territories.

which leads me to I think my last point

6. Magic. Since these dragons were moving to territories that potentially would be truly horrible living conditions for them, they may have used magic to give themselves adaptations to their current homes. Maybe they saw banescales and studied how their fans worked (those that had them) and realized that they can be adapted to Gaoler needs, and used magic to help do just that.

I do understand. I don't like the fin + fur approach either (but to be honest, I don't like gaolers to begin with), but hating the gene (and dishing the amount of salt I have seen in this thread towards the staff for choosing this specific gene to port over) because it doesn't make sense, to me doesn't make sense. Dragons are fictional creatures, so anything is possible with them, and can be explained away in so many ways usually that the only limitation on them is what your imagination can come up with.

I understand the criticisms about placement and clipping issues, those are, to me, valid complaints, but not just 'Gaolers are a furred species! they can't have FINS!'.

(not touching the other issues in the thread with a 200 foot pole)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
epic but i think adding wraith would have been more epic lmao, still love it
epic but i think adding wraith would have been more epic lmao, still love it
gligar-f.gif genesect.gif mawile.gif
At least it can be tailored to the needs of the "Owner"..."to each his own"[emoji=mystery bag size=1]
At least it can be tailored to the needs of the "Owner"..."to each his own"
[url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58343630] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/583437/58343630_350.png[/img] [/url] Look, I hatched a multigaze gaoler with fans [emoji=coatl love size=1] Who wants, she's in AH now

58343630_350.png

Look, I hatched a multigaze gaoler with fans
Who wants, she's in AH now
accents/skin shop
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/2451809
[quote name="hoghops" date="2020-01-08 22:30:41" ] i think adding wraith would have been more epic[/quote] OMG YES PLEASE Wraith on gaolers! [i]WRAITH EVERYWHERE PLEASE[/i] [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
hoghops wrote on 2020-01-08 22:30:41:
i think adding wraith would have been more epic

OMG YES PLEASE
Wraith on gaolers! WRAITH EVERYWHERE PLEASE
This community has gotten alot more toxic and idk if I like how willing everyone is to tear staff apart over a mistake...
This community has gotten alot more toxic and idk if I like how willing everyone is to tear staff apart over a mistake...
6MxcIbY.gifkHQ8d.gifAq3yZ.gifTjDif.gif
1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 59 60