Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ancient Fans & Underbelly
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 59 60
BANESCALE TUMMY GENE

BANESCALE TUMMY GENE
BANESCALE TUMMY GENE

BANESCALE TUMMY GENE
They/Them or He/Him please! YCOzZhb.gif
[quote name="Laluzi" date="2020-01-07 14:34:12" ] [font=georgia]After dwelling on it for a couple of hours... the real problem here is that FR didn't say anything about these art updates until they happened. Squiggle - I honestly didn't notice the horns were different colors until two days ago. That would have blindsided me horribly - and Squiggle horns are very hit-or-miss, usually on miss, so I suspect most male Banescales with it are in bad straits now. But it was a pretty clear error if you did realize it, because the color was one way on 2/3 of the poses and different on the last third. Not saying people don't have a right to be furious that they spent 500g+ on a gene that's no longer compatible, but that was recognizable as a mistake. Metallic/Alloy? It looked very different on Banescales than it did modern breeds. It was reasonable to assume it was meant to look a different way and might be changed in the future. Except... Filigree on Banescales also looks very different than it does on modern breeds. Different cast, different thickness, different shape, some line-breaking curls. Should we consider that an art error? Should we take it upon ourselves to avoid the gene because different means it might change and money spent on it could be lost? [b]Or should we assume that Filigree was released like that intentionally to reflect something about Banescales… and that Metallic/Alloy was released like that intentionally to reflect something about Banescales? They've got prominent scales, after all. Maybe they were supposed to be bright and shiny. Or maybe parallel genes weren't always going to be exact copies. And surely they wouldn't have mistakenly released something like that if it looked so wrong on every pose and color? Surely that's something they would have caught just by seeing any example? [/b] My point is, it was dubious from the start whether or not Met/Alloy was in error. And remaining silent on the issue trends people towards thinking it's intentional and going to stay this way. It's negligent to let the playerbase continue to uninformedly buy a product you intend to change. I don't believe it was done intentionally, but staff... you guys have to realize that remaining silent all this time was going to result in people continuing to buy gem genes that will now no longer work, and now they will have to buy other genes or discard the dragon. (Contrariwise, there are plenty of Banescales who couldn't use Metallic before and now can... but those Banescales did not have Metallic bought for them.) [b]I personally think the gene looks much better now, but this kind of thing should not happen so unexpectedly. When it does, you cast doubt over any unusual/standout quirk in gene expression. Suddenly a lot of people are very uneasy over their dragons, Banescale or not.[/b] [/quote] [font=georgia]Very well put together. Put the paragraphs I agree with the most/can relate to the most in bold.
Laluzi wrote on 2020-01-07 14:34:12:
After dwelling on it for a couple of hours... the real problem here is that FR didn't say anything about these art updates until they happened.

Squiggle - I honestly didn't notice the horns were different colors until two days ago. That would have blindsided me horribly - and Squiggle horns are very hit-or-miss, usually on miss, so I suspect most male Banescales with it are in bad straits now.

But it was a pretty clear error if you did realize it, because the color was one way on 2/3 of the poses and different on the last third. Not saying people don't have a right to be furious that they spent 500g+ on a gene that's no longer compatible, but that was recognizable as a mistake.

Metallic/Alloy? It looked very different on Banescales than it did modern breeds. It was reasonable to assume it was meant to look a different way and might be changed in the future.

Except... Filigree on Banescales also looks very different than it does on modern breeds. Different cast, different thickness, different shape, some line-breaking curls. Should we consider that an art error? Should we take it upon ourselves to avoid the gene because different means it might change and money spent on it could be lost?

Or should we assume that Filigree was released like that intentionally to reflect something about Banescales… and that Metallic/Alloy was released like that intentionally to reflect something about Banescales? They've got prominent scales, after all. Maybe they were supposed to be bright and shiny. Or maybe parallel genes weren't always going to be exact copies. And surely they wouldn't have mistakenly released something like that if it looked so wrong on every pose and color? Surely that's something they would have caught just by seeing any example?

My point is, it was dubious from the start whether or not Met/Alloy was in error. And remaining silent on the issue trends people towards thinking it's intentional and going to stay this way.

It's negligent to let the playerbase continue to uninformedly buy a product you intend to change. I don't believe it was done intentionally, but staff... you guys have to realize that remaining silent all this time was going to result in people continuing to buy gem genes that will now no longer work, and now they will have to buy other genes or discard the dragon. (Contrariwise, there are plenty of Banescales who couldn't use Metallic before and now can... but those Banescales did not have Metallic bought for them.)

I personally think the gene looks much better now, but this kind of thing should not happen so unexpectedly. When it does, you cast doubt over any unusual/standout quirk in gene expression. Suddenly a lot of people are very uneasy over their dragons, Banescale or not.

Very well put together. Put the paragraphs I agree with the most/can relate to the most in bold.
..... image.png
-.-
-

FR+10 | She/It | 23

-.-
Tumblr Blog | Skin Shop
--
-.- 01.png
[quote name="Otterbeans" date="2020-01-07 16:46:18" ] If Gaolers are getting spines and fans, I want Banescales to get fluffy manes! [/quote] and gnarlhorns! banescale would look gorgeous with increased horns and nails. also wraith for gaoler just to make them even more creepy and feral.
Otterbeans wrote on 2020-01-07 16:46:18:
If Gaolers are getting spines and fans, I want Banescales to get fluffy manes!
and gnarlhorns! banescale would look gorgeous with increased horns and nails.

also wraith for gaoler just to make them even more creepy and feral.
neutralh5.png
yay! thank you devs [emoji=banescale happy size=1][emoji=gaoler happy size=1]
yay! thank you devs
23863.png

BPco0tZ.png DVynlKm.png
> he/him
> items shop
> wishlist
> royaltundra -> angler
I hated the Fans gene already, and it's now been made worse by adding it to Gaolers. If I wasn't so into the other aspects of FR, I probably would have quit this site due to it. It's just nonsense to add fins to an arctic-like breed of dragon. Plus, Gaolers already have extra features WITHOUT tertiary additions. Like that luscious hair!

Banescales really needed the Underbelly, though. So, I guess that's nice?
I hated the Fans gene already, and it's now been made worse by adding it to Gaolers. If I wasn't so into the other aspects of FR, I probably would have quit this site due to it. It's just nonsense to add fins to an arctic-like breed of dragon. Plus, Gaolers already have extra features WITHOUT tertiary additions. Like that luscious hair!

Banescales really needed the Underbelly, though. So, I guess that's nice?
Female // Ball Python Breeder // Loves Wildclaws
light.gif
Thank you for fixing the Banescale gene color errors, I have been holding back on using any of those until they were fixed so thank you!
Thank you for fixing the Banescale gene color errors, I have been holding back on using any of those until they were fixed so thank you!
796da56d11b42babf1a08c014c2f152e21a00202.png
O MY GOOOOOOODD YEES!!
O MY GOOOOOOODD YEES!!
KKdqwb1.gif hi, i'm etui

she/they
Lowkey upset. I spent an absurd amount of gems on this boy and now his wings aren't white. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57507007] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/575071/57507007_350.png[/img] [/url]
Lowkey upset. I spent an absurd amount of gems on this boy and now his wings aren't white.

57507007_350.png
Y3kY2LN.png
I really like the skins and the Color's too. :)
I really like the skins and the Color's too. :)
[quote name="DragonSage" date="2020-01-07 04:18:58" ] Wraith would have been a better gene to port over if you needed to use another ancient gene, [/quote] Gosh! Now I really want Wraith for Gaolers! XD I probably won't use Fans, but more options are always good!
DragonSage wrote on 2020-01-07 04:18:58:
Wraith would have been a better gene to port over if you needed to use another ancient gene,

Gosh! Now I really want Wraith for Gaolers! XD

I probably won't use Fans, but more options are always good!
tundrasig_small.png
#1 Speckle Fan * Old Dragon Collector * FR+3
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 59 60