Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Skin/accent inspiration/guides?
I am considering designing skins/accents in the future, and am looking into resources now. Most of what I've found pertains to technical do's and don't's, or to running a skin/accent shop. Are there any more artistic-centered guides out there (i.e., how do you actually get inspiration and DRAW on these different breeds)? Anybody have advice for someone feeling intimidated by the "no textured brushes" rule, and who is nervous to draw on dragon outlines for the first time? Artistic subjects such as following the body's contours, versus "flat" images? Anything would be appreciated.
I am considering designing skins/accents in the future, and am looking into resources now. Most of what I've found pertains to technical do's and don't's, or to running a skin/accent shop. Are there any more artistic-centered guides out there (i.e., how do you actually get inspiration and DRAW on these different breeds)? Anybody have advice for someone feeling intimidated by the "no textured brushes" rule, and who is nervous to draw on dragon outlines for the first time? Artistic subjects such as following the body's contours, versus "flat" images? Anything would be appreciated.
I get pinged wrong sometimes, so careful spelling my name!
@HallowedKestrel

Think of the .psds as coloring book pages--enjoy yourself!

As far as telling you what to draw check out the GASP ping lists for an idea of how people are already classifying accents so you can be inspired by what people are already looking for.

You could check out the Wanted Art Thread to see if anyone has posted skin/accent wants lately.

There's also the Skins and Accents forum to see what other artists are doing and for open commissions.

I'll be honest; a lot of people are looking for custom skin creation and just can't find an artist who's willing to work on commission for site currency. If you're up for doing anything offering custom work is in demand.
@HallowedKestrel

Think of the .psds as coloring book pages--enjoy yourself!

As far as telling you what to draw check out the GASP ping lists for an idea of how people are already classifying accents so you can be inspired by what people are already looking for.

You could check out the Wanted Art Thread to see if anyone has posted skin/accent wants lately.

There's also the Skins and Accents forum to see what other artists are doing and for open commissions.

I'll be honest; a lot of people are looking for custom skin creation and just can't find an artist who's willing to work on commission for site currency. If you're up for doing anything offering custom work is in demand.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind

Thank you!! helps a lot to learn abt supply and demand!
@Nightwind

Thank you!! helps a lot to learn abt supply and demand!
I get pinged wrong sometimes, so careful spelling my name!