Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Why do you collect, what you collect?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Boxes(very old ones)
Old keys and metal stuff
Wood
Old drawings
Boxes(very old ones)
Old keys and metal stuff
Wood
Old drawings
06xk8gV.png
XrUXyrn.gifse5O2Tt.gifpxx5HPD.gif
Believe me, darling
The stars were made for falling
  • Amiibo
  • Enamel Pins
  • Old photos. I love visiting antique stores where they have just a box full of photos from another time, they're great art references. My favorite is a slightly out of focus black and white photo of a single palm tree surrounded by water
  • Art books. This is on accident but in the back of my mind I'm always like, yeah that looks like a good sketchbook. I have super tiny hand bound ones to big spiral pads lol
  • Amiibo
  • Enamel Pins
  • Old photos. I love visiting antique stores where they have just a box full of photos from another time, they're great art references. My favorite is a slightly out of focus black and white photo of a single palm tree surrounded by water
  • Art books. This is on accident but in the back of my mind I'm always like, yeah that looks like a good sketchbook. I have super tiny hand bound ones to big spiral pads lol
tsKE8q5.png 11nVSmV.png

LF Vibrant Dragons

Art Dump!

Tot's Extra Dergs

IlQRgS6.png

Rocks: I think they’re cool and I appreciate how they look and feel. I like the feeling of “treasure hunting” when it comes to searching for rocks. But normally, I buy specimens because where I am, there aren’t any interesting rocks. I also enjoy learning about the geology and how the rocks/minerals were formed.

Pokemon figurines: I like pokemon and they’re cute and easy to display.

Animal plushes: They are cute and comforting to have at my bed.
Rocks: I think they’re cool and I appreciate how they look and feel. I like the feeling of “treasure hunting” when it comes to searching for rocks. But normally, I buy specimens because where I am, there aren’t any interesting rocks. I also enjoy learning about the geology and how the rocks/minerals were formed.

Pokemon figurines: I like pokemon and they’re cute and easy to display.

Animal plushes: They are cute and comforting to have at my bed.
Does that Pokemon fandragon exist yet? Check out this thread, where you can find Pokemon fandragons in one place :)
Bones, skulls and feathers! Bones are so neat because you can’t just find them anywhere. There’s no way to perfectly replicate them either. I love how organic and unique they are. And they are amazing drawing references! I currently have:
•One doe skull(sadly pale and brittle because it was my first time sterilizing bones, added way too much bleach)
•Two buck skulls(one I managed to nearly perfectly preserve, along with the jawbone!)
•A coyote skull
•A huge wild pig jaw
•And a bunch of shark teeth and meg tooth fossils

Rocks are super cool too! And shiny things in general. I have a rock collection that I’ve been growing since I was real little. My best find is a chunk of pure quartz that formed completely clear! Bismuth and obsidian are my favorites as well(I had to buy them from a rock shop).

And videogame concept art books! A lot of dedication and creativity goes into the game industry, and I feel the art really represents that.
Bones, skulls and feathers! Bones are so neat because you can’t just find them anywhere. There’s no way to perfectly replicate them either. I love how organic and unique they are. And they are amazing drawing references! I currently have:
•One doe skull(sadly pale and brittle because it was my first time sterilizing bones, added way too much bleach)
•Two buck skulls(one I managed to nearly perfectly preserve, along with the jawbone!)
•A coyote skull
•A huge wild pig jaw
•And a bunch of shark teeth and meg tooth fossils

Rocks are super cool too! And shiny things in general. I have a rock collection that I’ve been growing since I was real little. My best find is a chunk of pure quartz that formed completely clear! Bismuth and obsidian are my favorites as well(I had to buy them from a rock shop).

And videogame concept art books! A lot of dedication and creativity goes into the game industry, and I feel the art really represents that.
rIjWU7i.png • rain
• irl creacher
• fr +3
• pls drink water
mm leaf.png oC8BwLW.pngscruffy.png
toy raptors (of varying scientific accuracy). mainly velociraptor, but i also got a few deinonychus. also only really collect hard plastic or vinyl toys, tho i do have ONE raptor plushie

velociraptor has been my fave dinosaur ever since the very first jurassic park.l of my three fursonas, the only one that's actually based on a real animal is a velociraptor!
toy raptors (of varying scientific accuracy). mainly velociraptor, but i also got a few deinonychus. also only really collect hard plastic or vinyl toys, tho i do have ONE raptor plushie

velociraptor has been my fave dinosaur ever since the very first jurassic park.l of my three fursonas, the only one that's actually based on a real animal is a velociraptor!
i collect the covers of the playbills of all the theatre shows i've ever been to! theatre means a lot to me-- it's the best way i've ever found to express myself-- and i think it's an important thing to keep the art of alive. the social commentary in each show is more often than not pretty timeless and relevant to what we're going through as a species right now... more people should watch theatre, in my opinion.

i've put all the covers into a sort of quilt-like collage that i have hung up on my wall. right now, it has 13 covers on it, which i think is pretty good seeing as i saw my first show thanksgiving weekend in 2018; most of the shows i bought the ticket to myself, which is another part i'm proud of. i'm going to add 2 more later this month when i go see cats and mean girls!

in case anyone is curious, these are all the shows:
six: the musical, beetlejuice (which i've actually seen twice, i loved it so much), david byrne's american utopia, book of mormon (the first one i ever saw!), lion king, we live in cairo (a local show that never went beyond my home city), the rocky horror show, spongebob the musical, othello, rent, come from away, chicago, and mobydick the musical (i spaced the two words apart before and it censored it...)!
i collect the covers of the playbills of all the theatre shows i've ever been to! theatre means a lot to me-- it's the best way i've ever found to express myself-- and i think it's an important thing to keep the art of alive. the social commentary in each show is more often than not pretty timeless and relevant to what we're going through as a species right now... more people should watch theatre, in my opinion.

i've put all the covers into a sort of quilt-like collage that i have hung up on my wall. right now, it has 13 covers on it, which i think is pretty good seeing as i saw my first show thanksgiving weekend in 2018; most of the shows i bought the ticket to myself, which is another part i'm proud of. i'm going to add 2 more later this month when i go see cats and mean girls!

in case anyone is curious, these are all the shows:
six: the musical, beetlejuice (which i've actually seen twice, i loved it so much), david byrne's american utopia, book of mormon (the first one i ever saw!), lion king, we live in cairo (a local show that never went beyond my home city), the rocky horror show, spongebob the musical, othello, rent, come from away, chicago, and mobydick the musical (i spaced the two words apart before and it censored it...)!
fZVmdhk.png
I... dont collect anything.
I... dont collect anything.
9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
I collect a lot of things... [LIST] [*][b]rocks and minerals(and gems!)-[/b] I collect these just because some of them look pretty. [*][b]dragon figurines-[/b] I have alot of them some are functional like a letter opening sword held by a dragon and a small mirror with a dragon pattern around it as well as 2 dragon candle holders. wile some are just decorative my most amazing part of this collection is my small dragon fountain(well it is more like a miniature pond because I got it second hand and the fountain system was missing from it[emoji=tundra sad size=1] ) that has some fake gems I placed in the water. [*][b]anime figures-[/b] as well as manga. these are from all sorts of ones but mostly first gen Yu-gi-oh and dragon ball figures.the random ones being Naruto(a big Gara figure and a SD Sasake blindbox figure), Fullmetal Alchemist (a Envy figure with a base) and a mistery figure (I will post a picture of it sometime if I can find it to help me identify where it is from!) [*][b]pokemon figures/items-[/b] ahh yes I have been collecting these for a wile now and not juest the figures! books, electronic items, games, trading cards and posters too! I even have pokemon sheets. [*][b]digimon figures-[/b] despite this collection being nothing too special I still collect them in hopes of coming across something amazing. [*][b]How to train your dragon items-[/b] [/LIST]
I collect a lot of things...
  • rocks and minerals(and gems!)- I collect these just because some of them look pretty.
  • dragon figurines- I have alot of them some are functional like a letter opening sword held by a dragon and a small mirror with a dragon pattern around it as well as 2 dragon candle holders. wile some are just decorative my most amazing part of this collection is my small dragon fountain(well it is more like a miniature pond because I got it second hand and the fountain system was missing from it ) that has some fake gems I placed in the water.
  • anime figures- as well as manga. these are from all sorts of ones but mostly first gen Yu-gi-oh and dragon ball figures.the random ones being Naruto(a big Gara figure and a SD Sasake blindbox figure), Fullmetal Alchemist (a Envy figure with a base) and a mistery figure (I will post a picture of it sometime if I can find it to help me identify where it is from!)
  • pokemon figures/items- ahh yes I have been collecting these for a wile now and not juest the figures! books, electronic items, games, trading cards and posters too! I even have pokemon sheets.
  • digimon figures- despite this collection being nothing too special I still collect them in hopes of coming across something amazing.
  • How to train your dragon items-
music boxes. my grandmother has been giving me them for my birthday since i was born, and i'm 23 now. each one is really unique and plays a cute tune! they're kinda hard to display, though.
music boxes. my grandmother has been giving me them for my birthday since i was born, and i'm 23 now. each one is really unique and plays a cute tune! they're kinda hard to display, though.
tumblr_pihbsgipxn1v058y1o1_100.png t2NaZfd.png
pZJYyk4.png
G8AyR6r.png
WFpPzZn.png
NlmYDAS.png
Old game cartridges and Gaming consoles.

The nerd inspired me to do this.
Old game cartridges and Gaming consoles.

The nerd inspired me to do this.
I'm HOT and COLD!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7