Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anyone else play DnD?
@ImpossibleJedi4
Such beautiful dice!! My heart !!

I wanna start playing but I have no idea where to start?? I've got no friends that play, and there aren't any places in my town :<
@ImpossibleJedi4
Such beautiful dice!! My heart !!

I wanna start playing but I have no idea where to start?? I've got no friends that play, and there aren't any places in my town :<
I'm currently in a group that meets over Discord. The DM, my roommate's boyfriend, lives in another city, and the other group members all live in my college town and the neighboring city.

It's given me a reason to dust off the Minotaur ranger character I never really got to play properly back in the days of 4e, and it's been quite fun.

I've done some DMing, with this group and with a different group in the past. Last week I was able to give the DM a bit of a break and ran a one-shot.
I'm currently in a group that meets over Discord. The DM, my roommate's boyfriend, lives in another city, and the other group members all live in my college town and the neighboring city.

It's given me a reason to dust off the Minotaur ranger character I never really got to play properly back in the days of 4e, and it's been quite fun.

I've done some DMing, with this group and with a different group in the past. Last week I was able to give the DM a bit of a break and ran a one-shot.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
@goodnightright
Thank you! I'm a big fan of technology and robots and sci-fi, so I needed these dice lol XD

I wish you luck in finding a group! I'm in college and a bunch of my friends LOVE DnD and taught me to play ~3 years ago, hope you find a group soon!
@goodnightright
Thank you! I'm a big fan of technology and robots and sci-fi, so I needed these dice lol XD

I wish you luck in finding a group! I'm in college and a bunch of my friends LOVE DnD and taught me to play ~3 years ago, hope you find a group soon!
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
@goodnightright
Try a dnd discord server or roll20
@goodnightright
Try a dnd discord server or roll20
Unfortunately, it is ugly, sad but not chocolate, beef clinical carrots.
Ridiculus Bibendum nutrition itself.
i attempted to play a few weeks ago!! i had a character named punkin, who was a kenku. his backstory was that he lived on a farm with his bird wife and children baked pumpkin pies/roasted seeds for his family every day. i think the farmer didn't like him so he became a thief to try and steal pumpkins without being caught!!

i had to stop playing cos it would go on for way too long and i'm a commuter so i'd have to leave early anyways, but i'd love to play again some time when i have the time to do it!!
i attempted to play a few weeks ago!! i had a character named punkin, who was a kenku. his backstory was that he lived on a farm with his bird wife and children baked pumpkin pies/roasted seeds for his family every day. i think the farmer didn't like him so he became a thief to try and steal pumpkins without being caught!!

i had to stop playing cos it would go on for way too long and i'm a commuter so i'd have to leave early anyways, but i'd love to play again some time when i have the time to do it!!
V3Exdfp.gif
EEEH MAJI?!
MY SKETCHBOOK
COMMISSIONS
I've actually never played a campaign before, but I've been interested in the process for a while, so one could call me... a passive observer?? or something like that?? idk.

either way, I was going to play my first campaign on a discord server, but for irl reasons I had to leave the campaign before it even started. ngl I was pretty saddened by having to leave, since I was pretty excited about my character and all that, but once I'm comfortable with going back on discord again... maybe I'll give it another try.

iirc one of the earlier replies mentioned a pokemon dnd-style campaign, which is... actually sort of what i'm planning with a friend over on instagram. since it's a private rp, we're both the dm and pc (with the dm role being split between us), and I simplified some of the mechanics because instagram's pm system is... rudimentary at times. nonetheless, I'm actually pretty excited for this rp?? I developed a decent amount in both characters and worldbuilding, so seeing everything play out would be really interesting to say the least!! :0
I've actually never played a campaign before, but I've been interested in the process for a while, so one could call me... a passive observer?? or something like that?? idk.

either way, I was going to play my first campaign on a discord server, but for irl reasons I had to leave the campaign before it even started. ngl I was pretty saddened by having to leave, since I was pretty excited about my character and all that, but once I'm comfortable with going back on discord again... maybe I'll give it another try.

iirc one of the earlier replies mentioned a pokemon dnd-style campaign, which is... actually sort of what i'm planning with a friend over on instagram. since it's a private rp, we're both the dm and pc (with the dm role being split between us), and I simplified some of the mechanics because instagram's pm system is... rudimentary at times. nonetheless, I'm actually pretty excited for this rp?? I developed a decent amount in both characters and worldbuilding, so seeing everything play out would be really interesting to say the least!! :0
tumblr_ozp7liPSd31w8xkufo9_250.png
I play with a small group and it's honestly the best thing ever. I play a custom race - she's a butterfly/bee hybrid humanoid and she's a monk. Her name is Sylphie Aldrin and she floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee and she's an absolute blast to play.
I play with a small group and it's honestly the best thing ever. I play a custom race - she's a butterfly/bee hybrid humanoid and she's a monk. Her name is Sylphie Aldrin and she floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee and she's an absolute blast to play.
38082415sig.png
Kavryn [ Kav-r-y-n ] | » Level 25 Lair Challenge « | » G1 Sales «
My friends and I play DND every Monday after school and my god our campaign at the moment is awesome haha. For the most part, it's roleplay which is a little different from the campaigns I usually play which tend to be more fighting and attack based. But it's honestly one of the funniest and best campaigns I've been in. The campaign is pretty much a fantasy high school sort of thing. My character is a fire genasi called Ashe Thompson who [i]really[/i] wants to be the captain of the cheerleading team. She multi-classes as a rogue and a bard so she can be a mix between both Veronica Sawyer (forgery and stuff) and Heather Chandler (real good charisma and convincing skills). If you know what musical I'm referencing to then woohoo lmao. Oh and here's a quick picture of my dice :)) [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/457421346360655883/649851020108890126/image0.jpg[/img]
My friends and I play DND every Monday after school and my god our campaign at the moment is awesome haha.

For the most part, it's roleplay which is a little different from the campaigns I usually play which tend to be more fighting and attack based. But it's honestly one of the funniest and best campaigns I've been in.

The campaign is pretty much a fantasy high school sort of thing. My character is a fire genasi called Ashe Thompson who really wants to be the captain of the cheerleading team. She multi-classes as a rogue and a bard so she can be a mix between both Veronica Sawyer (forgery and stuff) and Heather Chandler (real good charisma and convincing skills). If you know what musical I'm referencing to then woohoo lmao.

Oh and here's a quick picture of my dice :))
image0.jpg
pYQ3oQC.giffire.png4yNzYyZ.gif
Hello There Fellow Adventurer
I play every Saturday with my mates. We have three homebrew campaigns that we rotate each week so our DMs (myself included) can have some fun playing as well. I currently play a Warforged Rogue (swashbuckler), and a Grung Warlock (fiend + tome). I've also played a Human Rogue (thief), and a Wood Elf Cleric (grave), and have numerous back up characters that I'd also love to have a chance to play too. I started DMing this year as well and it's been great fun! I have over 100 sets of dice... and I backed a kickstarter a few months ago so there'll be more on the way lol Here's an old doodle of my warlock, Piko!!! [url=https://www.deviantart.com/rationallyparanoid/art/Piko-the-Grung-Warlock-776401271][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/dc4436d6ea5df0425429ba4fe90c9bb0/tumblr_pjmmmh55Qd1vjt7y3o1_1280.png[/img][/url]
I play every Saturday with my mates. We have three homebrew campaigns that we rotate each week so our DMs (myself included) can have some fun playing as well.

I currently play a Warforged Rogue (swashbuckler), and a Grung Warlock (fiend + tome). I've also played a Human Rogue (thief), and a Wood Elf Cleric (grave), and have numerous back up characters that I'd also love to have a chance to play too. I started DMing this year as well and it's been great fun!

I have over 100 sets of dice... and I backed a kickstarter a few months ago so there'll be more on the way lol

Here's an old doodle of my warlock, Piko!!!

tumblr_pjmmmh55Qd1vjt7y3o1_1280.png
sUmv6eQ.png
rplwVEv.pngsOXqhIy.pngGfYgiqB.pngfciIpxD.pngVQWTC36.png
I've been playing DnD for the first time with some friends I met here on FR! I haven't played it much and I'm still learning but I like it so far!

My current character is a fire genasi bard named Fiammetta, but she's being replaced soon by my kenku warlock, Astra. Astra is a chaotic neutral with 2 brain cells and she's going straight for the KNEES babey!!
I've been playing DnD for the first time with some friends I met here on FR! I haven't played it much and I'm still learning but I like it so far!

My current character is a fire genasi bard named Fiammetta, but she's being replaced soon by my kenku warlock, Astra. Astra is a chaotic neutral with 2 brain cells and she's going straight for the KNEES babey!!
cJtpTvm.png