Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | First Generation Dragons
Why are First Generation dragons so valuable? I see them go for a lot or people showing them off, but I don't understand why it is this way.
Why are First Generation dragons so valuable? I see them go for a lot or people showing them off, but I don't understand why it is this way.
5OT9eM0.gifF9V4vJ7.pngTOSbT6i.gif
@wolfgal111
They're just more rare since the only way to acquire them is through unhatched eggs (not inculding your starting dragons), fully gened ones being especially pricey since they always hatch triple basic. A lot of people collect them or see geneing them as a fun hobby. Not to mention how rare g1s with matching colors are.
@wolfgal111
They're just more rare since the only way to acquire them is through unhatched eggs (not inculding your starting dragons), fully gened ones being especially pricey since they always hatch triple basic. A lot of people collect them or see geneing them as a fun hobby. Not to mention how rare g1s with matching colors are.
| link | they/he | FR+0 |
@wolfgal111 g1s are considered valuable because it's entirely RNG to get colors! with normal breeding, you can narrow down a pair's breeding range to get the colors you want (and produce them infinitely), but with gen1s you have 177 colors in 3 categories that will be drawn at random. so to get desirable or identical colors is VERY hard, and that's why some people consider triple gen1s (XXX, all the same color) like winning the lottery, 'cause the odds are nearly (if not just as much) as high LOL

@Warlockbones thought i'd toss it in that genes on gen1s don't actually add as much value as you think! buyers don't necessarily want the same genes as the previous owner ^^ mostly gem genes or wc/coatl scrolls tend to hold more inherent value, but not always
@wolfgal111 g1s are considered valuable because it's entirely RNG to get colors! with normal breeding, you can narrow down a pair's breeding range to get the colors you want (and produce them infinitely), but with gen1s you have 177 colors in 3 categories that will be drawn at random. so to get desirable or identical colors is VERY hard, and that's why some people consider triple gen1s (XXX, all the same color) like winning the lottery, 'cause the odds are nearly (if not just as much) as high LOL

@Warlockbones thought i'd toss it in that genes on gen1s don't actually add as much value as you think! buyers don't necessarily want the same genes as the previous owner ^^ mostly gem genes or wc/coatl scrolls tend to hold more inherent value, but not always
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png _ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif
Ohh ty @Alphazi and @Warlockbones! I still have my two so I'll keep an eye out for eggs :3
Ohh ty @Alphazi and @Warlockbones! I still have my two so I'll keep an eye out for eggs :3
@wolfgal111 oh, do you mean lanuria and kailea? those are your progenitors! progens are tied to your account and cannot be sold, only exalted (and produce no money when exalted). they're unique to your account! :D the difference about progenitors is that your first one (your custom one) has its primary and secondary colors chosen by you, so you have more control over the colors you get.

regular first gens from unhatched eggs don't get that privilege, and also have access to the full color wheel from the start (instead of needing to scatter them)! both your custom and random progen only can get colors from the original 67 when they're first generated ^^
@wolfgal111 oh, do you mean lanuria and kailea? those are your progenitors! progens are tied to your account and cannot be sold, only exalted (and produce no money when exalted). they're unique to your account! :D the difference about progenitors is that your first one (your custom one) has its primary and secondary colors chosen by you, so you have more control over the colors you get.

regular first gens from unhatched eggs don't get that privilege, and also have access to the full color wheel from the start (instead of needing to scatter them)! both your custom and random progen only can get colors from the original 67 when they're first generated ^^
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png _ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif
That's really cool :3 It's an interesting system put in place, huh.
That's really cool :3 It's an interesting system put in place, huh.