Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Mahjong: Replace Scratch and Coin tiles
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Support from me. I'm colourblind and it's really hard to tell which scratch tile is which. I think using the extra elemental symbols from Runestones of the Arcanist is a great idea for replacements.
Support from me. I'm colourblind and it's really hard to tell which scratch tile is which. I think using the extra elemental symbols from Runestones of the Arcanist is a great idea for replacements.
6ntc1cC.jpg
I think the scratches could use a change but the coins are basically fine imo due to their general differing layout. Support o/
I think the scratches could use a change but the coins are basically fine imo due to their general differing layout. Support o/
XOxv5KE.png
It is incredibly difficult to differentiate both coins and scratches for me as well, both due to vision issues and the fact that my mind just skips over the tiles.

Edit: replacement is a good idea, but colour shifting each pair of scratches to different colours might help. Especially given the prevalence of red-green colourblindness.

that said, I support this venture.
It is incredibly difficult to differentiate both coins and scratches for me as well, both due to vision issues and the fact that my mind just skips over the tiles.

Edit: replacement is a good idea, but colour shifting each pair of scratches to different colours might help. Especially given the prevalence of red-green colourblindness.

that said, I support this venture.
Gaze into the void.
It is the perpetuity in which they dwell.
I agree entirely.

I've had a lot of trouble with both scratches feeling like they absolutely just blend together on screen for me - I've ended up shuffling multiple times unnecessarily because I just can't tell if there are actually matches or not.

Coins give me slightly less trouble - higher numbers are more difficult for me to parse apart. The color flair doesn't do anything for me on either tile much, either.

Coins, I could probably deal with. Scratches? ...There's so many things easier to see that those could be instead.
I agree entirely.

I've had a lot of trouble with both scratches feeling like they absolutely just blend together on screen for me - I've ended up shuffling multiple times unnecessarily because I just can't tell if there are actually matches or not.

Coins give me slightly less trouble - higher numbers are more difficult for me to parse apart. The color flair doesn't do anything for me on either tile much, either.

Coins, I could probably deal with. Scratches? ...There's so many things easier to see that those could be instead.
I came to say this about the scratch tiles. Very hard to look at for me too.

Personally the coin tiles did not cause me any issues.
I came to say this about the scratch tiles. Very hard to look at for me too.

Personally the coin tiles did not cause me any issues.
zcsMnwG.jpg WxLmrPc.jpg
I'm FR +18 & apologise for delayed replies, I may be sleeping!
I would love it if the scratch and coin tiles were replaced with other FR symbols to make it easier on the eyes. They are quite difficult to differentiate when there are so many variations on the board.
I would love it if the scratch and coin tiles were replaced with other FR symbols to make it easier on the eyes. They are quite difficult to differentiate when there are so many variations on the board.
tEmKcws.gif
The coins are fine as-is. The scratch tiles could stand to be more bold, but otherwise it is quite a bit like the usual mahjong
The coins are fine as-is. The scratch tiles could stand to be more bold, but otherwise it is quite a bit like the usual mahjong
sBdLZtA.png
Not to disagree with anyone, exactly... but traditional Majong tiles feature sticks and marbles/balls which the scratch and coin tiles are meant to mimic
Not to disagree with anyone, exactly... but traditional Majong tiles feature sticks and marbles/balls which the scratch and coin tiles are meant to mimic
tDeKDnH.pngsGxABHj.png
both the scratches and coins are very hard to differentiate. i do not have any sort of condition that impairs my vision and it still is very hard & tedious. i really like the new game but trying to tell all of the scratches and coins apart is a huge pain. the themed sets are conceptually cute but in practice it makes the game experience worse. two or three feels like the absolute max for me- i can't pretend to know if more than one of each would be too much for other users.
both the scratches and coins are very hard to differentiate. i do not have any sort of condition that impairs my vision and it still is very hard & tedious. i really like the new game but trying to tell all of the scratches and coins apart is a huge pain. the themed sets are conceptually cute but in practice it makes the game experience worse. two or three feels like the absolute max for me- i can't pretend to know if more than one of each would be too much for other users.
the scratches are tripping me up a lot and I'd love for them to be replaced. Coins are easier for me to differ
the scratches are tripping me up a lot and I'd love for them to be replaced. Coins are easier for me to differ
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10