Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Steampunk Refresh
1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 62 63
[center]The glass in the goggles ruined my favorite dragon [emoji=tundra sad size=1];n; The upped opacity on them made it so his googly eyes don't show through and was such a big part of his personality. Original: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/611744454885244943/614439534704459777/54320875_350.png[/img] After Update: [img]https://i.imgur.com/lENI7lG.png[/img] Edit:Putting the eyes over the goggles looks awful. [img]https://i.imgur.com/mJ0RyS7.png[/img][/center]
The glass in the goggles ruined my favorite dragon ;n;

The upped opacity on them made it so his googly eyes don't show through and was such a big part of his personality.

Original:
54320875_350.png

After Update:
lENI7lG.png
Edit:Putting the eyes over the goggles looks awful.
mJ0RyS7.png
2rj859U.gifMreCscM.png
the revamp is really nice and i really love it, i really do, but considering a lot of other reactions i've seen tbh this just once again shows a lack of consideration for the userbase. what's the point of catering to a userbase if you don't ask for their input and opinion on big changes to a site that you want them to keep using? this website has been around for six years, you don't think a sizeable amount of users probably liked how the steampunk gear already looked? that they didn't already have dragons designed around how much they liked the old apparel? don't you think it would've been a thousand times more considerate and useful to ask your userbase whether or not they wanted something like that changed instead of up and revamping everything without warning?

like i said, i personally love the way the new steampunk gear looks compared to the old stuff, but it would be really nice if there was, y'know, some actual feedback acquired from the users it affects before making a big permanent change like that in the future.
the revamp is really nice and i really love it, i really do, but considering a lot of other reactions i've seen tbh this just once again shows a lack of consideration for the userbase. what's the point of catering to a userbase if you don't ask for their input and opinion on big changes to a site that you want them to keep using? this website has been around for six years, you don't think a sizeable amount of users probably liked how the steampunk gear already looked? that they didn't already have dragons designed around how much they liked the old apparel? don't you think it would've been a thousand times more considerate and useful to ask your userbase whether or not they wanted something like that changed instead of up and revamping everything without warning?

like i said, i personally love the way the new steampunk gear looks compared to the old stuff, but it would be really nice if there was, y'know, some actual feedback acquired from the users it affects before making a big permanent change like that in the future.
I sometimes feel like the FR staff values the art created by its own team more than the "art" created by its users (carefully planned outfits, in this case). I really wanna show consideration for the time and effort put into these updates, but it's hard to do that when I don't see the consideration going both ways.
I sometimes feel like the FR staff values the art created by its own team more than the "art" created by its users (carefully planned outfits, in this case). I really wanna show consideration for the time and effort put into these updates, but it's hard to do that when I don't see the consideration going both ways.
He's a narrow man with a narrow plan.
The first Ground, Fissure, and Boulder/Myrid dragons in the game.
I sell house centipede dragons. You love house centipede dragons.
I hate to say it, but I'm not the biggest fan of the refresh. I don't like the way the wings stick out on the bottom for female nocturnes. It definitely does not work for her outfit anymore. :( [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12856431] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/128565/12856431_350.png[/img] [/url]
I hate to say it, but I'm not the biggest fan of the refresh. I don't like the way the wings stick out on the bottom for female nocturnes. It definitely does not work for her outfit anymore. :(

12856431_350.png
I still like all the steampunk apparel i've been using until now, so i won't need to take off anything. I didn't like the wings before, and i don't like them now. Works for me. [emoji=ridgeback laughing size=1] I think the new art has strengths the old art didn't have. Some of the things a couple of dissatisfied players wrote do make sense (e.g. the mandatory nature of updates is a double-edged sword), but the remakes show that you care about quality, not just quantity, which is admirable. Thanks for the free stuff, Galore.
I still like all the steampunk apparel i've been using until now, so i won't need to take off anything. I didn't like the wings before, and i don't like them now. Works for me.

I think the new art has strengths the old art didn't have. Some of the things a couple of dissatisfied players wrote do make sense (e.g. the mandatory nature of updates is a double-edged sword), but the remakes show that you care about quality, not just quantity, which is admirable.

Thanks for the free stuff, Galore.
sig_02_by_whiteraven90-dbm43xs.png
sig_04_by_whiteraven90-dbm43xq.pngsig_05_by_whiteraven90-dbm43y8.pngsig_06_by_whiteraven90-dbm43y6.png
sig_07_by_whiteraven90-dbm43y3.pngsig_08_by_whiteraven90-dbm43xz.pngsig_09_by_whiteraven90-dbm43xx.png
sig_10_by_whiteraven90-dbm43xw.png
[quote name="FallenAngel" date="2019-09-07 12:23:15" ] [quote name="SeaDuchess" date="2019-09-07 08:50:00" ] [emoji=gear size=1]This: [center] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/B6DHT1nk/stonks.png[/img][/center] [/quote] You do know stonks is associated with bad financial decision, right? [/quote] @FallenAngel Yep, cuz I'm gonna spend all my trasure on those pieces again *clicks n o i c e
FallenAngel wrote on 2019-09-07 12:23:15:
SeaDuchess wrote on 2019-09-07 08:50:00:
This:

stonks.png

You do know stonks is associated with bad financial decision, right?

@FallenAngel
Yep, cuz I'm gonna spend all my trasure on those pieces again
*clicks
n o i c e
tumblr_inline_oau8m87f2v1soemy4_75sq.png Duchess
She/her
FR +4
Skin Shop
Hatchery
Wishlist
tumblr_inline_oau8m8bPWA1soemy4_75sq.png aaarmsolympic-icon.pngTitanic109.pngrmstitanic-icon.png
That's really cool! Thank you!
That's really cool! Thank you!
May the wind be always at your back.
I wish when they did re-vamps their could be an option to allow for the old version to show so that it wouldn't ruin outfits that were made BEFORE the revamp [emoji=spiral sad size=1] It looks cool but not I have to figure out something else to do for some of my dragons.
I wish when they did re-vamps their could be an option to allow for the old version to show so that it wouldn't ruin outfits that were made BEFORE the revamp
It looks cool but not I have to figure out something else to do for some of my dragons.
61b778ca48ab1ec260e8ca1776e8ae1a006fb0d9.gif
Aw man!! Been waiting for more old set revamps!!
Aw man!! Been waiting for more old set revamps!!

[ evan - any pronouns - 22 ]
[ just an artist who loves video games ]
[ a total sucker for villains ]
[ familiar collector ]

Hey awesome update, thanks (:
Hey awesome update, thanks (:
QqwiU1r.png
the
price
you pay
QqwiU1r.png QqwiU1r.png jJO64nG.png
1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 62 63