Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Reach the sky -Pinkerlocke Challenge
1 2 3
[item=Squirrel Skull] About a trade... [b]Dragons appearing in this chapter[/b] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53420017] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/534201/53420017_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Bloody Dash, Hunter - Bloodclan [/b][/center] [center][URL=https://www.casimages.com/i/190807113133779132.png.html][IMG]https://nsa40.casimages.com/img/2019/08/07/190807113133779132.png[/IMG][/URL] [b]Gahol, Shape Shifter and Apprentice- Bloodclan[/b][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38548114] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/385482/38548114_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]White Flower, Merchant -Sky Chaser[/b][/center] [size=5][b]Chapter 16: White Flower[/b][/size] -Are you alright, White Flower? asked Gahol, worried. -I am more worried about you, young one, replied the Nocturne with a grin. This is not the forst time this Coatl tries to fight me. He always seem to forget that he is not the chief of this clan and that he will probably never be. Petal will definitely be the next chief if something were to happen to Sacred Sword. Bloody Dash threw a somber eye to the lieutenant, who was carefully watching the crowd from above. -Lord knows that. I would not be surprised if he tries to kill them both. He's the third on the list after all. -Yeesh. Did you forget about Arcana? pressed the Nocturne. Or even Cinder? I mean, Lord is getting old, young dragons like these two won't let him take control. -If you say so. The white Nocturne nodded with satisfaction. The subject was closed. -Now, let's talk about business! Gahol shook himself and put the full bag of food and materials on the table.The merchant immediately jumped on the materials and trinkets, trying to see what was worth of a trade and what wasn't. While he was doing so, the little black Nocturne was carefully observing the older dragon. His wings were always serving him: they were either on the ground to hold him, giving him the ability to use both of his hands, or they were above his head to protect him from the weather. Gahol noticed that he was a small dragon, as the multi-gazed one was practically his size. Even the Fae did not seem that small. He still was, though. White Flower, despite his merchants manners, was a very calm and peaceful dragon, mumbling to himself while thinking of a good price. Yes, this dragon would be able to learn a lot to the young Gahol. -Alright, I'll give you something like 1.500 treasure guys! -Great! accepted Bloody Dash. The two dragons exchanged a bag of money and the trade was officially over. -Well, we'll see you at dinner time tonight! declared the Fae. -Sure! Take care of yourself, guys! And Gahol... White Flower had whispered the last two words. -Be careful. I know things that you might not. I'll explain everything later tonight. The black Nocturne nodded and shivered. The dragon could already smell the horrid scent of danger. --- Aigh y'all, din't have the time to draw for the trinket yesterday and I really don't want to do something rushed so I will just put it in the inventory for now and try to do the drawing soon : p And that's a peaceful day for now uhuh --- Gahol is LVL 4. Bloody Dash is LVL 5. Inventory One drawing remaining. [item=White Pawn] 1519 [emoji=treasure size=1] 1 x [item=minor health potion].
Squirrel Skull About a trade...

Dragons appearing in this chapter

53420017_350.png

Bloody Dash, Hunter - Bloodclan
190807113133779132.png
Gahol, Shape Shifter and Apprentice- Bloodclan

38548114_350.png

White Flower, Merchant -Sky Chaser

Chapter 16: White Flower

-Are you alright, White Flower? asked Gahol, worried.
-I am more worried about you, young one, replied the Nocturne with a grin. This is not the forst time this Coatl tries to fight me. He always seem to forget that he is not the chief of this clan and that he will probably never be. Petal will definitely be the next chief if something were to happen to Sacred Sword.

Bloody Dash threw a somber eye to the lieutenant, who was carefully watching the crowd from above.

-Lord knows that. I would not be surprised if he tries to kill them both. He's the third on the list after all.
-Yeesh. Did you forget about Arcana? pressed the Nocturne. Or even Cinder? I mean, Lord is getting old, young dragons like these two won't let him take control.
-If you say so.

The white Nocturne nodded with satisfaction. The subject was closed.

-Now, let's talk about business!

Gahol shook himself and put the full bag of food and materials on the table.The merchant immediately jumped on the materials and trinkets, trying to see what was worth of a trade and what wasn't. While he was doing so, the little black Nocturne was carefully observing the older dragon. His wings were always serving him: they were either on the ground to hold him, giving him the ability to use both of his hands, or they were above his head to protect him from the weather. Gahol noticed that he was a small dragon, as the multi-gazed one was practically his size. Even the Fae did not seem that small. He still was, though. White Flower, despite his merchants manners, was a very calm and peaceful dragon, mumbling to himself while thinking of a good price. Yes, this dragon would be able to learn a lot to the young Gahol.

-Alright, I'll give you something like 1.500 treasure guys!
-Great! accepted Bloody Dash.

The two dragons exchanged a bag of money and the trade was officially over.

-Well, we'll see you at dinner time tonight! declared the Fae.
-Sure! Take care of yourself, guys! And Gahol...

White Flower had whispered the last two words.

-Be careful. I know things that you might not. I'll explain everything later tonight.

The black Nocturne nodded and shivered. The dragon could already smell the horrid scent of danger.

---
Aigh y'all, din't have the time to draw for the trinket yesterday and I really don't want to do something rushed so I will just put it in the inventory for now and try to do the drawing soon : p
And that's a peaceful day for now uhuh
---

Gahol is LVL 4.
Bloody Dash is LVL 5.

Inventory
One drawing remaining.
White Pawn

1 x Minor Health Potion .
Everything moves.
[item=singed webbing] About Lord being alone... [b]Dragons appearing in this chapter[/b] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53914000] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/539141/53914000_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Lord, Warrior's Chief -Blood Clan[/b][/center] [size=5][b]Chapter 17: The carpet[/b][/size] Lord landed in the middle of the woods. His feathers shivered with anger the instant he touched the ground. This pest! How did a small dragon like this stupid Nocturne dared to assault him like this! This hatchling deserved punishment! Everyone in the clan was freaking out or was amazed by his countless eyes but the Coatl knew the truth: these eyes were just ugliness. An infamy. A disease. A pest that should be removed from their lands. Sacred Sword was blind. Ever since the clan accepted Gahol in their ranks, the Coatl saw pretty well how the Nocturne softened the whole crew. And Petal was even more stupid than the chief: accepting Bloody Dash in their ranks? Impossible. The Coatl had thought that maybe... Just [i] maybe[/i] this dragon had potential. But then, the Fae proved to be the rightous heir of his parents. He was mediocre, unable to hunt correctly. And he was too kind, no wonder he needed a hatchling to help him in a fight! And this merchant! Oooh! This clan was getting out of hand. Lazy dragons running everywhere, eating all the time and sleeping all day? This was not the Bloodclan Lord knew. The Coatl had to find something. He'll figure something out. He knew it. He had to. -Feathered dragon. Lord jumped, and turn to his opponent, ready to fight. What he saw disturbed him so much, he forgot how to even lift a claw. His feathers flattened on his back with curiosity. In front of him was a big furry creature sitting and watching him carefully. His wings were small and his eyes seemed pretty intelligent and wise. Big horns were surrounding his head and his tail seemed to be an endless carpet. It looked... Old. -Feathered dragon must talk to Eye of the Hunt. It was a Gaoler. A real Gaoler. A dragon that was known to hunt the Shade. A dragon that was just a mere legend. Something used to threaten the hatchlings. -I seek Shade, insisted the stranger, growing impatient. "Shade...?" An idea suddenly popped in the Coatl's mind. This creature might just be the perfect solution for the "Nocturne" problem. -You are looking for the Shade? You just follow me. I have some infected dragons to hunt down, he smiled. Help me and I'll bring you the Shade. --- Alright so I'm leaving home and everything for a few days so I might forget to post haha. --- Gahol is LVL 4. Bloody Dash is LVL 5. Inventory One drawing remaining. 1519 [emoji=treasure size=1] 1 x [item=minor health potion].
Singed Webbing About Lord being alone...

53914000_350.png

Lord, Warrior's Chief -Blood Clan

Chapter 17: The carpet

Lord landed in the middle of the woods. His feathers shivered with anger the instant he touched the ground.
This pest! How did a small dragon like this stupid Nocturne dared to assault him like this! This hatchling deserved punishment! Everyone in the clan was freaking out or was amazed by his countless eyes but the Coatl knew the truth: these eyes were just ugliness. An infamy. A disease. A pest that should be removed from their lands. Sacred Sword was blind. Ever since the clan accepted Gahol in their ranks, the Coatl saw pretty well how the Nocturne softened the whole crew.

And Petal was even more stupid than the chief: accepting Bloody Dash in their ranks? Impossible.

The Coatl had thought that maybe... Just maybe this dragon had potential. But then, the Fae proved to be the rightous heir of his parents. He was mediocre, unable to hunt correctly. And he was too kind, no wonder he needed a hatchling to help him in a fight!

And this merchant!
Oooh! This clan was getting out of hand. Lazy dragons running everywhere, eating all the time and sleeping all day? This was not the Bloodclan Lord knew.

The Coatl had to find something. He'll figure something out. He knew it. He had to.

-Feathered dragon.

Lord jumped, and turn to his opponent, ready to fight. What he saw disturbed him so much, he forgot how to even lift a claw. His feathers flattened on his back with curiosity. In front of him was a big furry creature sitting and watching him carefully. His wings were small and his eyes seemed pretty intelligent and wise. Big horns were surrounding his head and his tail seemed to be an endless carpet.
It looked... Old.

-Feathered dragon must talk to Eye of the Hunt.

It was a Gaoler. A real Gaoler. A dragon that was known to hunt the Shade. A dragon that was just a mere legend. Something used to threaten the hatchlings.

-I seek Shade, insisted the stranger, growing impatient.

"Shade...?"

An idea suddenly popped in the Coatl's mind. This creature might just be the perfect solution for the "Nocturne" problem.

-You are looking for the Shade? You just follow me. I have some infected dragons to hunt down, he smiled. Help me and I'll bring you the Shade.

---
Alright so I'm leaving home and everything for a few days so I might forget to post haha.
---

Gahol is LVL 4.
Bloody Dash is LVL 5.

Inventory
One drawing remaining.

Everything moves.
[item=Scholar] About the arrival of a legend... [b]Dragons appearing in this chapter[/b] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53420017] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/534201/53420017_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Bloody Dash, Hunter - Bloodclan [/b][/center] [center][URL=https://www.casimages.com/i/190807113133779132.png.html][IMG]https://nsa40.casimages.com/img/2019/08/07/190807113133779132.png[/IMG][/URL] [b]Gahol, Shape Shifter and Apprentice- Bloodclan[/b][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38548114] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/385482/38548114_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]White Flower, Merchant -Sky Chaser[/b][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53914000] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/539141/53914000_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Lord, Warrior's Chief -Blood Clan[/b][/center] [center][URL=https://www.casimages.com/i/190820102217793441.png.html][IMG]https://nsa40.casimages.com/img/2019/08/20/190820102217793441.png[/IMG][/URL] [b]Eye of the Hunt, Hunter -?[/b][/center] [size=5][b]Chapter 18: The hunt begins[/b][/size] -So... You already know the Shade I suppose, asked White Flower. -Y-Yes. They killed Ivory and Cni'Hok. And Cu'Dhan too... The merchant said nothing more, letting the little Nocturne grieving quietly. Bloody Dash, White Flower and Gahol were sitting on a woodbanch, eating some meat and insects for dinner time. The whole clan had taken its time to finish trades with the Sky Chaser's merchant and they were all starving now. Hopefully, a few dragons went on hunting mission once their own trades done. -I wasn't even able to properly say goodbye, said Gahol. His voice cracked. -I loved them so much and now they are gone! he started to sob, giving up his food and fork. -There, there, akwardly tried to cheer him up Bloody Dash. The white Nocturne waited a few more seconds before he spoke again. -But your mother was right, thought. You must join the Wind Servants. The Bloodclan might be safe right now but I fear that the Shade will find you here. -So what? laughed Bloody Dash, his mouth full of juicy insects. We'll push it away! We are the most feared clan in these lands! We can kick any dragon out there. -You are still very young, Bloody Dash. You think you are safe between these walls but... The Shade is nothing like a dragon. The Shade... It's... Nightmarish creatures, monsters, sleepery mists. They will kill you in a few seconds. And their servants... he continued, whispering now. They are Gaolers. Another awkward blank. Gahol felt all of his eyes shaking with anger and fear. -Gaolers? repeated the red hunter. I know Gahol is a kid but I'm a hunter, White Flower. No one believes in this stupid legend. The Shade might be real but these dragons would've already showed up if they were. -I must disagree! I have seen them! stammered White Flower. -What are they? asked gently the black Nocturne. The Fae turned his head toward his friend. -Huge hairy dragons. They have horns and are unable to properly fly due to their small wings. They prefer to run and they easily win races with other of our kinds. They are known to hunt the Shade and protect the ones that want to fight it. The Nocturne's eyes widened with shock. It was them! It was the perfect description of Eyes of the Forest or Colorful Eyes. -I have seen them! piped Gahol, eyes full of tears. They killed Ivory! They speak with the Beasts and they used the Shade to change me! The white merchant turn towards the little Nocturne, his eyes blinking with concern now. Was his greatest fear just in front of him? -Changed you? What do you mean? -I... Just when Gahol understood that the time to tell his story was there, an enormous crash echoed in the whole cave and the dragons stopped eating instantly, their claws out and now ready to fight. A huge hole has formed on the roof of the cantine and the whole clan was now anxiously staring at a cloud of dust. The shape of a furry creature suddenly appeared and no one had the time to understand what was happening before the unknown beast jumped in the crowd. Screams and yells bumped on the rock walls and the whole clan panicked, trying to take off into the sky or to reach for the exit. A huge Mirror's shadow went through the crowd, jumping on the unknown monster, pinning him to the ground. Sacred Sword gave a slash of his claws on what he thought was the creature's throat but he only touched a hairy fur. When he met the eyes of the creature, the Mirror jumped back. -A Gaoler! The Gaoler hissed, his hairy armor standing up on his back. The dragon was obviously ready to strike back. His huge claws clicked on the ground and the clan slowly managed to organize himself to fight back the opponent. -SHADE! suddenly screamed the dragon with a gutural voice. I CAN FEEL IT. Surprised, the Bloodclan followed the eyes of the Gaoler, trying to understand what the stranger meant. The strong dragon finally pointed a claw towards Gahol, who was desperately trying to cover himself behind White Flower's wings but the black Nocturne was almost an adult now and his black scales were perfectly visible behind the white dragon. -You! Runic Eyes! Runic Eyes must come back to fight Shade! -R-Runic Eyes? repeated Bloody Dash, taking a step back from Gahol as if the dragon suddenly went sick. Without further ado, the Gaoler slammed in the crowd, trying to reach for the dragon Eyes of the Forest died for. Snapping out of his confusion, Bloody Dash rammed into the huge dragon, the shock forcing him to slow down. White Flower was right thought and the poor Fae was barely able to hold him back. The merchant growled and pushed Gahol toward the exit. The black Nocturne gulped and quickly ran out of the cave. Sacred Sword was still trying to figure out what was going on when a red Coatl appeared next to him. -Quick, Sacred Sword! This multi-gazed dragon is contaminated by the Shade! We must hunt and kill him! The red Fae was thrown away, his back hardly bumping in the wall and a weird noise echoed in the cave, followed by a small whimper. -Look! Bloody Dash betrayed us! He helped the contaminated dragon and the Sky Chaser's spy! Let's kill him! boomed Lord with a victorious tone. -NO! Sacred Sword pushed the Coatl away and ran to the little Fae's body. The Gaoler was now zipping in the direction of the two Nocturnes. Outside of the cave, White Flower let out a warning : -We must fly away! We'll come back for Bloody Dash later! Follow me! The Nocturne opened his wings, feeling the fresh cold air passing through his skin and flesh and let the wind take him into the sky. He needed a moment to remember that the small black Nocturne was still unable to fly, even though he was making huge progress. -White Flower! yelled the young dragon under the Nocturne's wing. The merchant came back to Gahol's side. The Gaoler suddenly bursted out of the cave with a roar and was now galloping towards them at high speed. Even Wildclaws would have difficulties following this monster. White Flower opened his wings wider to slow down a little. -I know it's scary but you gotta listen Gahol! You have to fly now! -Why don't you... Huff... Huff... Just hold me!? he replied, barely able to breathe. -You're too big! Just do like me! Open wide your wings! -But! The Gaoler was now almost on them. -Don't think! Do it! NOW! Gahol mimicked the white dragon and felt the wind disturbing his back legs. He felt lighter too and it frightened him. -Wider Gahol! The black Nocturne noticed that the merchant was leading him to a cliff where the other dragons of the clan usually went to took off easier. -RUNIC EYES! howled the big furry dragon just behind Gahol's tail. MINE! The monster suddenly jumped to reach for the Nocturne's back but White Flower closed his wings to push the Gaoler away. It worked. But the merchant fell harshly on the ground and felt his left arm break under the pressure. The Gaoler let out a horrible roar when he understood that he lost his prey. -Let the wind carry you! yelled White Flower, hoping that Gahol would hear him. The little Nocturne finally reached the cliff. He closed all of his body's eyes to focus on what was in front of him. He had to do it. He had to fly. He had to join the Wind Servants. He had to reach the sky. He jumped. For long seconds, he felt himself falling, his weak body rushing towards the uninviting ground. He was already ready to feel the shock when his wings suddenly seemed to cooperate. The air was supporting him! His wings took the shape that the wind would gave them and the Nocturne managed to slow down his fall. He was still going too fast but he was more gliding now that falling. He thought about how the white Nocturne flew a few seconds before he sacrificed himself to save Gahol. The black Nocturne adjusted his tail, his head and his spine to face the wind and invite it under his body. He slowly pushed his legs and arms under his belly and already felt lighter. Suddenly, a sharp rock appeared in front of him and he gasped. Gahol quickly turned to avoid the boulder and lost the control of his body while doing so. Lost in panic, the Nocturne hardly fell on the ground that was hopefully not so far since he never truly took off into the sky. The shock was terrible. The multi-gazed dragon felt all of his muscles tightening, all of his bones cracking and all of his eyes blinking in pain. He glided on the dusty ground for a few more seconds, one of his wings being shattered because of the sharp rocks. Finally, everything stopped. The Nocturne was immobile. Everything hurted. He had lost the control of his body. The pain was unbearable. He fainted. When he opened his eyes, Gahol saw that the moon was already high in the sky. Slowly and carefully, the Nocturne moved his legs. It awfully hurted but he endured the pain and managed to stood up. He glanced a look at his wings. The left one was perfectly okay, even if it was covered with dust and some blood. On the other hand, the right one had much more suffered. A huge hole was now tearing the skin off. It wasn't a hole large enough to impeach the dragon to fly but it would need time to heal. He closed his wings, letting out a little yelp. He opened all of his eyes. Gahol needed to know if he was safe for now, wherever he was. There was no sign of life. No Gaoler trying to hunt him. One more time, he had lost all of the ones he loved. He bursted into tears. -No. He rose his head. -I am not alone. I am going to fly. I am going to go back there and find my friends. I won't just let them die. I am not weak. He turned his head behind him and saw the cliff. Everything seemed perfectly calm. But Gahol knew that a terrible power was there, killing his friends and family. -I will go back. --- Battle Item : False *fewww* Yey, I'm back from holidays and I finally have some things to post for you huhu! Will the Gaoler kill our protagonists? Muahaha. Okay, I can't tell either actually. --- Gahol is LVL 5. Bloody Dash is LVL 6. Inventory One drawing remaining. [item=White Pawn] 1519 [emoji=treasure size=1] 1 x [item=minor health potion].
Scholar About the arrival of a legend...

53420017_350.png

190807113133779132.png

38548114_350.png

53914000_350.png

190820102217793441.png
Eye of the Hunt, Hunter -?

Chapter 18: The hunt begins

-So... You already know the Shade I suppose, asked White Flower.
-Y-Yes. They killed Ivory and Cni'Hok. And Cu'Dhan too...

The merchant said nothing more, letting the little Nocturne grieving quietly. Bloody Dash, White Flower and Gahol were sitting on a woodbanch, eating some meat and insects for dinner time. The whole clan had taken its time to finish trades with the Sky Chaser's merchant and they were all starving now. Hopefully, a few dragons went on hunting mission once their own trades done.

-I wasn't even able to properly say goodbye, said Gahol.

His voice cracked.

-I loved them so much and now they are gone! he started to sob, giving up his food and fork.
-There, there, akwardly tried to cheer him up Bloody Dash.

The white Nocturne waited a few more seconds before he spoke again.

-But your mother was right, thought. You must join the Wind Servants. The Bloodclan might be safe right now but I fear that the Shade will find you here.
-So what? laughed Bloody Dash, his mouth full of juicy insects. We'll push it away! We are the most feared clan in these lands! We can kick any dragon out there.
-You are still very young, Bloody Dash. You think you are safe between these walls but... The Shade is nothing like a dragon. The Shade... It's... Nightmarish creatures, monsters, sleepery mists. They will kill you in a few seconds. And their servants... he continued, whispering now. They are Gaolers.

Another awkward blank. Gahol felt all of his eyes shaking with anger and fear.

-Gaolers? repeated the red hunter. I know Gahol is a kid but I'm a hunter, White Flower. No one believes in this stupid legend. The Shade might be real but these dragons would've already showed up if they were.
-I must disagree! I have seen them! stammered White Flower.
-What are they? asked gently the black Nocturne.

The Fae turned his head toward his friend.

-Huge hairy dragons. They have horns and are unable to properly fly due to their small wings. They prefer to run and they easily win races with other of our kinds. They are known to hunt the Shade and protect the ones that want to fight it.

The Nocturne's eyes widened with shock. It was them! It was the perfect description of Eyes of the Forest or Colorful Eyes.

-I have seen them! piped Gahol, eyes full of tears. They killed Ivory! They speak with the Beasts and they used the Shade to change me!

The white merchant turn towards the little Nocturne, his eyes blinking with concern now. Was his greatest fear just in front of him?

-Changed you? What do you mean?
-I...

Just when Gahol understood that the time to tell his story was there, an enormous crash echoed in the whole cave and the dragons stopped eating instantly, their claws out and now ready to fight. A huge hole has formed on the roof of the cantine and the whole clan was now anxiously staring at a cloud of dust. The shape of a furry creature suddenly appeared and no one had the time to understand what was happening before the unknown beast jumped in the crowd.

Screams and yells bumped on the rock walls and the whole clan panicked, trying to take off into the sky or to reach for the exit. A huge Mirror's shadow went through the crowd, jumping on the unknown monster, pinning him to the ground. Sacred Sword gave a slash of his claws on what he thought was the creature's throat but he only touched a hairy fur. When he met the eyes of the creature, the Mirror jumped back.

-A Gaoler!

The Gaoler hissed, his hairy armor standing up on his back. The dragon was obviously ready to strike back. His huge claws clicked on the ground and the clan slowly managed to organize himself to fight back the opponent.

-SHADE! suddenly screamed the dragon with a gutural voice. I CAN FEEL IT.

Surprised, the Bloodclan followed the eyes of the Gaoler, trying to understand what the stranger meant. The strong dragon finally pointed a claw towards Gahol, who was desperately trying to cover himself behind White Flower's wings but the black Nocturne was almost an adult now and his black scales were perfectly visible behind the white dragon.

-You! Runic Eyes! Runic Eyes must come back to fight Shade!
-R-Runic Eyes? repeated Bloody Dash, taking a step back from Gahol as if the dragon suddenly went sick.

Without further ado, the Gaoler slammed in the crowd, trying to reach for the dragon Eyes of the Forest died for. Snapping out of his confusion, Bloody Dash rammed into the huge dragon, the shock forcing him to slow down. White Flower was right thought and the poor Fae was barely able to hold him back. The merchant growled and pushed Gahol toward the exit. The black Nocturne gulped and quickly ran out of the cave.

Sacred Sword was still trying to figure out what was going on when a red Coatl appeared next to him.

-Quick, Sacred Sword! This multi-gazed dragon is contaminated by the Shade! We must hunt and kill him!

The red Fae was thrown away, his back hardly bumping in the wall and a weird noise echoed in the cave, followed by a small whimper.

-Look! Bloody Dash betrayed us! He helped the contaminated dragon and the Sky Chaser's spy! Let's kill him! boomed Lord with a victorious tone.
-NO!

Sacred Sword pushed the Coatl away and ran to the little Fae's body. The Gaoler was now zipping in the direction of the two Nocturnes.

Outside of the cave, White Flower let out a warning :

-We must fly away! We'll come back for Bloody Dash later! Follow me!

The Nocturne opened his wings, feeling the fresh cold air passing through his skin and flesh and let the wind take him into the sky. He needed a moment to remember that the small black Nocturne was still unable to fly, even though he was making huge progress.

-White Flower! yelled the young dragon under the Nocturne's wing.

The merchant came back to Gahol's side. The Gaoler suddenly bursted out of the cave with a roar and was now galloping towards them at high speed. Even Wildclaws would have difficulties following this monster. White Flower opened his wings wider to slow down a little.

-I know it's scary but you gotta listen Gahol! You have to fly now!
-Why don't you... Huff... Huff... Just hold me!? he replied, barely able to breathe.
-You're too big! Just do like me! Open wide your wings!
-But!

The Gaoler was now almost on them.

-Don't think! Do it! NOW!

Gahol mimicked the white dragon and felt the wind disturbing his back legs. He felt lighter too and it frightened him.

-Wider Gahol!

The black Nocturne noticed that the merchant was leading him to a cliff where the other dragons of the clan usually went to took off easier.

-RUNIC EYES! howled the big furry dragon just behind Gahol's tail. MINE!

The monster suddenly jumped to reach for the Nocturne's back but White Flower closed his wings to push the Gaoler away. It worked. But the merchant fell harshly on the ground and felt his left arm break under the pressure. The Gaoler let out a horrible roar when he understood that he lost his prey.

-Let the wind carry you! yelled White Flower, hoping that Gahol would hear him.

The little Nocturne finally reached the cliff. He closed all of his body's eyes to focus on what was in front of him. He had to do it. He had to fly. He had to join the Wind Servants. He had to reach the sky.
He jumped.

For long seconds, he felt himself falling, his weak body rushing towards the uninviting ground. He was already ready to feel the shock when his wings suddenly seemed to cooperate. The air was supporting him! His wings took the shape that the wind would gave them and the Nocturne managed to slow down his fall. He was still going too fast but he was more gliding now that falling. He thought about how the white Nocturne flew a few seconds before he sacrificed himself to save Gahol.
The black Nocturne adjusted his tail, his head and his spine to face the wind and invite it under his body. He slowly pushed his legs and arms under his belly and already felt lighter.

Suddenly, a sharp rock appeared in front of him and he gasped.
Gahol quickly turned to avoid the boulder and lost the control of his body while doing so. Lost in panic, the Nocturne hardly fell on the ground that was hopefully not so far since he never truly took off into the sky. The shock was terrible. The multi-gazed dragon felt all of his muscles tightening, all of his bones cracking and all of his eyes blinking in pain. He glided on the dusty ground for a few more seconds, one of his wings being shattered because of the sharp rocks.

Finally, everything stopped. The Nocturne was immobile. Everything hurted. He had lost the control of his body. The pain was unbearable. He fainted.
When he opened his eyes, Gahol saw that the moon was already high in the sky. Slowly and carefully, the Nocturne moved his legs. It awfully hurted but he endured the pain and managed to stood up. He glanced a look at his wings. The left one was perfectly okay, even if it was covered with dust and some blood. On the other hand, the right one had much more suffered. A huge hole was now tearing the skin off. It wasn't a hole large enough to impeach the dragon to fly but it would need time to heal. He closed his wings, letting out a little yelp.

He opened all of his eyes. Gahol needed to know if he was safe for now, wherever he was. There was no sign of life. No Gaoler trying to hunt him. One more time, he had lost all of the ones he loved. He bursted into tears.

-No.

He rose his head.

-I am not alone. I am going to fly. I am going to go back there and find my friends. I won't just let them die. I am not weak.

He turned his head behind him and saw the cliff. Everything seemed perfectly calm. But Gahol knew that a terrible power was there, killing his friends and family.

-I will go back.

---
Battle Item : False
*fewww*
Yey, I'm back from holidays and I finally have some things to post for you huhu!
Will the Gaoler kill our protagonists? Muahaha.

Okay, I can't tell either actually.
---

Gahol is LVL 5.
Bloody Dash is LVL 6.

Inventory
One drawing remaining.
White Pawn

Everything moves.
[item=Pallas Cat] About a farewell... [b]Dragons appearing in this chapter[/b] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53420017] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/534201/53420017_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Bloody Dash, Hunter - Bloodclan [/b][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53914000] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/539141/53914000_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Lord, Warrior's Chief -Blood Clan[/b][/center] [center][URL=https://www.casimages.com/i/190820102217793441.png.html][IMG]https://nsa40.casimages.com/img/2019/08/20/190820102217793441.png[/IMG][/URL] [b]Eye of the Hunt, Hunter -?[/b][/center] [size=5][b]Chapter 19: The greatest chief[/b][/size] Sacred Sword felt his body shiver one last time before he collapsed on the ground. -Sacred Sword! yelled Bloody Dash, his voice only burning his throat. The red Fae barely rose his head, feeling himself bleeding. It was now certain that the Gaoler did not caught the multi-gazed dragon. When he came back in the cave, his eyes were wild, filled with a madness that no dragon could fight. With bravery, the leader of the Bloodclan fought until agony took him. Petal used this time to save all of the other dragon's clan. They all managed to exit the cave and were now safely heading to their emergency hide. They were only four dragons left in the cave: Bloody Dash, who was lying on the ground, his body too painful to move, Sacred Sword, who maybe gave his life for his clan, the Gaoler, still roaring with anger and prideness and Lord, the red Coatl who never tried to interfere in the battle. Even worse. He was amused by Sacred Sword's demise. The Gaoler turned to the warrior's chief: -You! You promised Eye of the Hunt the Shade! Your dragons protected him! You liar! Traitor! He tried to punch the Coatl in the belly but the latter was already in the air. -I never said that it would be easy. He paused. -But I never thought that this merchant would protect him. Is he dead? he asked, a grin on his face. -I DON'T CARE! boomed the furry dragon. I WANT THE SHADE DRAGON! Lord took a step back, surprise painted in his feathered face. -Yes. Yes, I am very sorry. I promise you will find him. One more time, he paused and put his gaze on the Fae's body. Bloody Dash quickly closed his eyes and remained as still as he could. The hunter felt the blood thumping at his ears. Lord had to think that he was dead. His thoughts were racing in his head. Sacred Sword would not help or protect him anymore. Bloody Dash had to escape by his own means. A huge shadow suddenly fell on the Fae's eyes. The Gaoler. -Help me take control of this clan and I promise that you will erase the Shade of Sornieth. This whole world will be cleansed by you, Eye of the Hunt. The Coatl had whispered the name of the dragon. The shadow bent closer. Bloody Dash held his breath as much as he could. The shadow went away. -Mm. If feathered dragon becomes chief, feathered dragon help Eye of the Hunt kill Shade? he asked, his voice hesitating for the first time. -Yes, agreed Lord. The red Fae heard the claws of the big dragon clicking on the ground, as if he was walking away of his body. When everything went silent, the little dragon waited for long minutes. He did not dare to open his eyes nor did he tried to move. Bloody Dash just waited. -Nng... The hunter jumped. Did he just heard Sacred Sword's voice? He carefully opened his eyes. No Gaoler or Coatl was in the cave. Blood was everywhere and a few corpses were still laying on the ground. The red hunter gasped and held back tears of pain when he turned his head towards the leader of the clan. -Sacred Sword? he whispered. The Mirror seemed to regain some energy and hope and put his eyes on the little Fae. -Bloody... he tried to said before his voice cracked. The hunter zipped to the dragon's side. -We must get away! We must!... -No, interrupted him the chief. You go away. Find your multi-gazed friend. Go to the Wind Servants. They will help you and protect him. He sighed. -I knew he was special. Something about him was... Different. Shady. -I'm so sorry Sacred Sword! I should've never bring him here! cried Bloody Dash. -No. You were right. He has something. He will protect you. Find him. -But... A click suddenly echoed in the cave. -Now go! hissed the chief, giving the Fae a gentle and weak slap on his tail. Quickly! Bloody Dash nodded and disappeared before the Gaoler entered the cave. He was already hidden in a tree when the frustrated roar of the ancient dragon resonated in the cave. He felt his claws tighten their grip on the wood when the dragon ran outside, screaming his anger. He was now a runaway. --- I have litteraly nothing to say except that I hate low level mages in the Coli heh. Also, I finally caught up with the missing entries but now I have three trinkets and thus 3 MORE DRAWINGS AAAH. --- Gahol is LVL 6. Bloody Dash is LVL 6. Inventory Three drawing remaining. [item=White Pawn] [item=Potted Deepmine Fungi] [item= Reflective Fish Scales] Found a Leafy Chest Found a [item=minor health potion] Found 100 [emoji=treasure size=1] 1619 [emoji=treasure size=1] 2 x [item=minor health potion].
Pallas Cat About a farewell...

53420017_350.png

53914000_350.png

190820102217793441.png
Eye of the Hunt, Hunter -?

Chapter 19: The greatest chief

Sacred Sword felt his body shiver one last time before he collapsed on the ground.

-Sacred Sword! yelled Bloody Dash, his voice only burning his throat.

The red Fae barely rose his head, feeling himself bleeding. It was now certain that the Gaoler did not caught the multi-gazed dragon. When he came back in the cave, his eyes were wild, filled with a madness that no dragon could fight. With bravery, the leader of the Bloodclan fought until agony took him. Petal used this time to save all of the other dragon's clan. They all managed to exit the cave and were now safely heading to their emergency hide.

They were only four dragons left in the cave: Bloody Dash, who was lying on the ground, his body too painful to move, Sacred Sword, who maybe gave his life for his clan, the Gaoler, still roaring with anger and prideness and Lord, the red Coatl who never tried to interfere in the battle. Even worse. He was amused by Sacred Sword's demise.

The Gaoler turned to the warrior's chief:

-You! You promised Eye of the Hunt the Shade! Your dragons protected him! You liar! Traitor!

He tried to punch the Coatl in the belly but the latter was already in the air.

-I never said that it would be easy.

He paused.

-But I never thought that this merchant would protect him. Is he dead? he asked, a grin on his face.
-I DON'T CARE! boomed the furry dragon. I WANT THE SHADE DRAGON!

Lord took a step back, surprise painted in his feathered face.

-Yes. Yes, I am very sorry. I promise you will find him.

One more time, he paused and put his gaze on the Fae's body. Bloody Dash quickly closed his eyes and remained as still as he could. The hunter felt the blood thumping at his ears. Lord had to think that he was dead. His thoughts were racing in his head. Sacred Sword would not help or protect him anymore. Bloody Dash had to escape by his own means.

A huge shadow suddenly fell on the Fae's eyes. The Gaoler.

-Help me take control of this clan and I promise that you will erase the Shade of Sornieth. This whole world will be cleansed by you, Eye of the Hunt.

The Coatl had whispered the name of the dragon.

The shadow bent closer. Bloody Dash held his breath as much as he could. The shadow went away.

-Mm. If feathered dragon becomes chief, feathered dragon help Eye of the Hunt kill Shade? he asked, his voice hesitating for the first time.
-Yes, agreed Lord.

The red Fae heard the claws of the big dragon clicking on the ground, as if he was walking away of his body. When everything went silent, the little dragon waited for long minutes. He did not dare to open his eyes nor did he tried to move. Bloody Dash just waited.

-Nng...

The hunter jumped. Did he just heard Sacred Sword's voice? He carefully opened his eyes. No Gaoler or Coatl was in the cave. Blood was everywhere and a few corpses were still laying on the ground. The red hunter gasped and held back tears of pain when he turned his head towards the leader of the clan.

-Sacred Sword? he whispered.

The Mirror seemed to regain some energy and hope and put his eyes on the little Fae.

-Bloody... he tried to said before his voice cracked.

The hunter zipped to the dragon's side.

-We must get away! We must!...
-No, interrupted him the chief. You go away. Find your multi-gazed friend. Go to the Wind Servants. They will help you and protect him.

He sighed.

-I knew he was special. Something about him was... Different. Shady.
-I'm so sorry Sacred Sword! I should've never bring him here! cried Bloody Dash.
-No. You were right. He has something. He will protect you. Find him.
-But...

A click suddenly echoed in the cave.

-Now go! hissed the chief, giving the Fae a gentle and weak slap on his tail. Quickly!

Bloody Dash nodded and disappeared before the Gaoler entered the cave. He was already hidden in a tree when the frustrated roar of the ancient dragon resonated in the cave. He felt his claws tighten their grip on the wood when the dragon ran outside, screaming his anger.

He was now a runaway.

---
I have litteraly nothing to say except that I hate low level mages in the Coli heh.
Also, I finally caught up with the missing entries but now I have three trinkets and thus 3 MORE DRAWINGS AAAH.
---

Gahol is LVL 6.
Bloody Dash is LVL 6.

Inventory
Three drawing remaining.
White Pawn
Potted Deepmine Fungi
Reflective Fish Scales

Found a Leafy Chest
Found a Minor Health Potion
Found 100

2 x Minor Health Potion .
Everything moves.
[item=Squirming tentacle] About a bonfire... [center][URL=https://www.casimages.com/i/190807113133779132.png.html][IMG]https://nsa40.casimages.com/img/2019/08/07/190807113133779132.png[/IMG][/URL] [b]Gahol, Shape Shifter and Apprentice- Bloodclan[/b][/center] [size=5][b]Chapter 20: The bonfire[/b][/size] -Ungf! Gahol fell on the ground. One more time. He had tried to fly for a few good hours now but his wounds and his torn wing were too painful to lift him up off the ground. His inexperience was not helping either. The young Nocturne was already regretting White Flower's support. -It's too hard! he moaned, punching the ground with anger. He rose his head. The cliff was way too far to walk now. The night was about to fall and the moon was already up in the sky. "If I can't fly, I will have to wait tomorrow to go back walking... Pity." A shooting star zipped through the darkening sky. "I wonder if Bloody Dash is still alive... And White Flower... I don't want to be alone..." Gahol managed to gather woodsticks and rocks to build a bonfire. When he finally was able to lit up the said fire, the Nocturne let out a sight of relief. He settled next to the comforting light and thought about what just happened. A huge and fast furry dragon -known as a Gaoler apparently- had hunted him and followed him up to the Bloodclan's lair. The hunter said something about Gahol being contaminated by the Shade. The young one shivered at this thought. Maybe this ritual really did something to him. That would explain all the dizziness he felt sometimes. He shook his head. When they managed to escape, White Flower was almost able to teach Gahol how to fly. However, the too large wings of the Nocturne empeached him to correctly reach the sky. He was able to glide between the rocks but flapping his wings was too hard as they felt too heavy for the young dragon. And now, Gahol was hurt. Yup. The current situation was awful. A scream echoed in the night. When Gahol, startled, turned his eyes towards the direction the sound came from, he saw a strange bird. The little animal was a Death Seeker. This species was known to be blind but was able to "see" things with its other senses. The bird was entirely black, except for its eye in the middle of its belly. The eye was as green as the eyes of Gahol but with a little yellow touch. The Nocturne guessed with this yellowish tone that the animal was a female. -Hey... started Gahol. Death Seeker. What do you want? -Sqwaak! only answered the bird with a mocking tone. -You're making fun of me? sighed the Nocturne. Well go on. I don't mind. The Nocturne moved his eyes off the bird and silently watched the fire. Its yellow and red flames were slowly hypnotizing the dragon and putting him to sleep. -SQWAAAK! suddenly yelled the animal, startling Gahol. SQWAAAAK! The Death Seeker dove in front of the Nocturne, forcing him to move if he did not want to be hurt by the animal. -Hey! gasped Gahol, quickly rolling in the ground. The bird came back for another vengeful strike but it did not expect the dragon to be able to grab it between his hands. Gahol closed his claws around the bird's belly eye, forcing the Death Seeker to stop any movement. -Alright, Death Seeker, groaned the dragon. You either stay here in silent while I sleep or I'm killing you right now for my dinner. Understood bird? -Sqwa... tried to answer the bird, anger in his little cry. -Understood? stammered the black Nocturne. The animal slowly nodded or seemed to do so and the dragon let it go. Gahol let his head laying down next to the fire and fell asleep. Tomorrow was another day. --- Did a few fights. Nothing to say, everything went great. --- Gahol is LVL 6. Bloody Dash is LVL 6. Inventory Three drawing remaining. [item=White Pawn] [item=Potted Deepmine Fungi] [item= Reflective Fish Scales] 1619 [emoji=treasure size=1] 2 x [item=minor health potion].
Squirming Tentacle About a bonfire...
190807113133779132.png

Chapter 20: The bonfire

-Ungf!

Gahol fell on the ground. One more time. He had tried to fly for a few good hours now but his wounds and his torn wing were too painful to lift him up off the ground. His inexperience was not helping either. The young Nocturne was already regretting White Flower's support.

-It's too hard! he moaned, punching the ground with anger.

He rose his head. The cliff was way too far to walk now. The night was about to fall and the moon was already up in the sky.

"If I can't fly, I will have to wait tomorrow to go back walking... Pity."

A shooting star zipped through the darkening sky.

"I wonder if Bloody Dash is still alive... And White Flower... I don't want to be alone..."

Gahol managed to gather woodsticks and rocks to build a bonfire. When he finally was able to lit up the said fire, the Nocturne let out a sight of relief. He settled next to the comforting light and thought about what just happened. A huge and fast furry dragon -known as a Gaoler apparently- had hunted him and followed him up to the Bloodclan's lair. The hunter said something about Gahol being contaminated by the Shade. The young one shivered at this thought. Maybe this ritual really did something to him. That would explain all the dizziness he felt sometimes.
He shook his head.
When they managed to escape, White Flower was almost able to teach Gahol how to fly. However, the too large wings of the Nocturne empeached him to correctly reach the sky. He was able to glide between the rocks but flapping his wings was too hard as they felt too heavy for the young dragon. And now, Gahol was hurt.

Yup. The current situation was awful.

A scream echoed in the night. When Gahol, startled, turned his eyes towards the direction the sound came from, he saw a strange bird. The little animal was a Death Seeker. This species was known to be blind but was able to "see" things with its other senses. The bird was entirely black, except for its eye in the middle of its belly. The eye was as green as the eyes of Gahol but with a little yellow touch. The Nocturne guessed with this yellowish tone that the animal was a female.

-Hey... started Gahol. Death Seeker. What do you want?
-Sqwaak! only answered the bird with a mocking tone.
-You're making fun of me? sighed the Nocturne. Well go on. I don't mind.

The Nocturne moved his eyes off the bird and silently watched the fire. Its yellow and red flames were slowly hypnotizing the dragon and putting him to sleep.

-SQWAAAK! suddenly yelled the animal, startling Gahol. SQWAAAAK!

The Death Seeker dove in front of the Nocturne, forcing him to move if he did not want to be hurt by the animal.

-Hey! gasped Gahol, quickly rolling in the ground.

The bird came back for another vengeful strike but it did not expect the dragon to be able to grab it between his hands. Gahol closed his claws around the bird's belly eye, forcing the Death Seeker to stop any movement.

-Alright, Death Seeker, groaned the dragon. You either stay here in silent while I sleep or I'm killing you right now for my dinner. Understood bird?
-Sqwa... tried to answer the bird, anger in his little cry.
-Understood? stammered the black Nocturne.

The animal slowly nodded or seemed to do so and the dragon let it go.

Gahol let his head laying down next to the fire and fell asleep. Tomorrow was another day.

---
Did a few fights. Nothing to say, everything went great.
---

Gahol is LVL 6.
Bloody Dash is LVL 6.

Inventory
Three drawing remaining.
White Pawn
Potted Deepmine Fungi
Reflective Fish Scales

Everything moves.
[item=Noxious Coralclimber] About a link... [center][URL=https://www.casimages.com/i/190807113133779132.png.html][IMG]https://nsa40.casimages.com/img/2019/08/07/190807113133779132.png[/IMG][/URL] [b]Gahol, Shape Shifter and Apprentice- Bloodclan[/b][/center] [size=5][b]Chapter 21: Ahrin[/b][/size] Gahol woke up to the scream of the Death Seeker. The black Nocturne opened his eyes to the vision of an agitated crow with a green and yellow eye on its belly. The bird was desperately trying to make the small dragon rise but his small break was not able to hurt the scaly creature. -SKWAK! it yelled one more time. -Mm.... What's that, bird? groaned the dragon. The Death Seeker let out what looked like a sight and directed one of its talon towards the sky. Indeed, the sun was up in there and white lazy clouds were already gliding between the rocks that made the dragon fell yesterday evening. One more time, the black dragon pushed the bird away with his wings and tried to fall back into a sleepy state. The feather of the Death Seeker became spiky on its head. It was trying to help this dragon and this lazy lizard would not wake up! The bird jumped closer to the ear of the beast, take a big breath and let out a huge scream, right into the dragon's brain: [URL=https://www.casimages.com/i/190827122203214157.png.html][IMG]https://nsa40.casimages.com/img/2019/08/27/190827122203214157.png[/IMG][/URL] -SKWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK! -Gah! yelled the black Nocturne, frightened. He jumped on his feet, his wings wide open in a crappy gesture of threat but his numerousous eyes wide open with terror and surprise were showing the true face of the dragon. Gahol stayed frozen for a few other seconds before turning back to the bird who was mockingly staring at him. The Death Seeker had opened its wings in the same way the dragon did and it was now making the same expression the Nocturne had. -Very funny, stupid bird. -Skwak ska! laughed the latter. Gahol suddenly gasped: it was like something suddenly punched his heart. Everything around him disappeared. Everything except the Death Seeker. The animal stared at him, lost just as Gahol was. "Is it... A link?" The dragon had heard about the feeling a dragon could live once in its life: a bond so strong that they could feel what the other felt. A familiar bond. This bond grew with time and trust and thus, the death of one of the member inevitably brought the other's death. The stinging feeling grew stronger and the black Nocturne closed his eyes, pain overwhelming him. His thoughts went messy: it felt like he was living all of the bird's memory. The Death Seeker was pretty much living the same hell, as it was trying to fly off this place. It saw the birth of the dragon, the name his parents gave him, the loss of his family because of the Shade and the meeting with Bloody Dash. It saw the dragon escaping the Bloodclan's lair and it saw itself bothering the young dragon. And suddenly, the pain and the memories stopped. The vision of the bird came back. The trees around it seemed bigger, darker. The wind was calm and the whole forest was silent. -You... You're named Ahrin? The voice of the dragon named Gahol had echoed in its head. Ahrin understood a dragon. The Death Seeker stared at the Nocturne for a while minute before nodding. -It means... Wind? he supposed again. Ahrin stands for Wind in the Beast's language. -Yes... replied Ahrin in a whisper. I... I can hear you. I can hear a dragon! -And I don't need to translate your Beast language... There was another silence. -I guess we are linked now. --- I finally got a familiar item hehe. Also, yep. This trinket is now a meme. Sorry. --- Gahol is LVL 6. Bloody Dash is LVL 6. Inventory Two drawing remaining. [item=Potted Deepmine Fungi] [item= Reflective Fish Scales] 1619 [emoji=treasure size=1] 2 x [item=minor health potion].
Noxious Coralclimber About a link...
190807113133779132.png

Chapter 21: Ahrin

Gahol woke up to the scream of the Death Seeker. The black Nocturne opened his eyes to the vision of an agitated crow with a green and yellow eye on its belly. The bird was desperately trying to make the small dragon rise but his small break was not able to hurt the scaly creature.

-SKWAK! it yelled one more time.
-Mm.... What's that, bird? groaned the dragon.

The Death Seeker let out what looked like a sight and directed one of its talon towards the sky. Indeed, the sun was up in there and white lazy clouds were already gliding between the rocks that made the dragon fell yesterday evening. One more time, the black dragon pushed the bird away with his wings and tried to fall back into a sleepy state. The feather of the Death Seeker became spiky on its head.

It was trying to help this dragon and this lazy lizard would not wake up!

The bird jumped closer to the ear of the beast, take a big breath and let out a huge scream, right into the dragon's brain:

190827122203214157.png

-SKWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK!
-Gah! yelled the black Nocturne, frightened.

He jumped on his feet, his wings wide open in a crappy gesture of threat but his numerousous eyes wide open with terror and surprise were showing the true face of the dragon. Gahol stayed frozen for a few other seconds before turning back to the bird who was mockingly staring at him. The Death Seeker had opened its wings in the same way the dragon did and it was now making the same expression the Nocturne had.

-Very funny, stupid bird.
-Skwak ska! laughed the latter.

Gahol suddenly gasped: it was like something suddenly punched his heart. Everything around him disappeared. Everything except the Death Seeker. The animal stared at him, lost just as Gahol was.

"Is it... A link?"

The dragon had heard about the feeling a dragon could live once in its life: a bond so strong that they could feel what the other felt. A familiar bond. This bond grew with time and trust and thus, the death of one of the member inevitably brought the other's death.

The stinging feeling grew stronger and the black Nocturne closed his eyes, pain overwhelming him. His thoughts went messy: it felt like he was living all of the bird's memory. The Death Seeker was pretty much living the same hell, as it was trying to fly off this place. It saw the birth of the dragon, the name his parents gave him, the loss of his family because of the Shade and the meeting with Bloody Dash. It saw the dragon escaping the Bloodclan's lair and it saw itself bothering the young dragon.

And suddenly, the pain and the memories stopped. The vision of the bird came back. The trees around it seemed bigger, darker. The wind was calm and the whole forest was silent.

-You... You're named Ahrin?

The voice of the dragon named Gahol had echoed in its head. Ahrin understood a dragon. The Death Seeker stared at the Nocturne for a while minute before nodding.

-It means... Wind? he supposed again. Ahrin stands for Wind in the Beast's language.
-Yes... replied Ahrin in a whisper. I... I can hear you. I can hear a dragon!
-And I don't need to translate your Beast language...

There was another silence.

-I guess we are linked now.

---
I finally got a familiar item hehe.
Also, yep. This trinket is now a meme. Sorry.
---

Gahol is LVL 6.
Bloody Dash is LVL 6.

Inventory
Two drawing remaining.
Potted Deepmine Fungi
Reflective Fish Scales

Everything moves.
[item=Mobile Stick] About an encounter [center][URL=https://www.casimages.com/i/190829011055275750.png.html][IMG]https://nsa40.casimages.com/img/2019/08/29/190829011055275750.png[/IMG][/URL] [b]Gahol, Shape Shifter - Loner[/b][/center] [b]Other characters appearing in this chapter[/b] [center][item=Death Seeker] [b]Ahrin - Gahol's familiar [/b][/center] [size=5][b]Chapter 22: Walking[/b][/size] -Alright. Time to go, announced Gahol to little Ahrin now perched on his shoulder. -You're going back there? I'd prefer not, objected the bird. My life is at bay with you, I just know it. -Well. These are my friends and family so there's no point in arguing, countered the black Nocturne. -Well I don't wanna go. And I'm your familiar. -Then you stay here and pray for your life, stupid Death Seeker. The Nocturne angrily stepped away, leaving the familiar behind. It did not take long before the bird crossed the short distance that separated her from the dragon. -Alright. I'll help. But it's just because I have the feeling you won't be able to survive alone. Gahol shrugged. He oriented his footsteps in the direction of the Bloodclan's lair. They walked for straight five long minutes before Ahrin opened her beak another time. -Why aren't we flying, dragon? she greedily asked, opening her wings to take off. -Because... groaned the young dragon. -'Cause what? she insisted. This wing is not [i]that[/i] shattered. Force yourself up and you can fly. -No, I can't, stammered the black Nocturne. -But of course you c... -I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FLY! finally boomed Gahol. His shout made the Death Seeker leave his shoulder and she simply perched on a tree. Questions were now running in her mind and her beak was wide open in a puzzled expression. "He can't fly? But he's an adult dragon already!" They were actually a lot of dragons that would rather stay on the safe ground than fly up there but the little crow was pretty sure that Nocturne were the kind of dragons to simply adore flying. There was no way a Nocturne would stay on the ground and walk. Digging in her memories, Ahrin remembered that during the link with the dragon, she had felt a huge shock. Must have been his vain tentatives of flying sessions. Or something even bigger. Thinking of it, there was a lot of pain in the dragon's life apparently, even though he seemed to be very young. She shook up, ignoring her memories that were not her own and flew back to the walking dragon. They walked for what seemed to be hours before Gahol announced the break. The bird and the dragon settled next to a tree with large branches and huge leaves so that they would be hidden from any dragon looking for them from up above. Just when they were about to leave one more time, the Nocturne heard a familiar noise. He froze. It was the noise of a dragon hunting or... a dragon trying to hide from someone. Gahol remembered the two encounters he had with the Shade or Gaolers : they were fast, cunning and cautious. If they wanted to kill him, they would have no difficulties in doing so as he was stuck on the ground. However, the little Nocturne was now ready to fight back. His training with the Bloodclan would not be useless and he would not let this awful Gaoler kidnap him that easily. If he wanted a multi-gazed dragon, he would have to fight for it! All of the eyes of the dragon blinked at the same time, getting ready to see a movement from any direction. Ahrin let her feathers grew larger, like a lot of birds were able to do so. She now looked like an angry ball of feather, apparently feeling the distress of her companion. Suddenly, a white dash jumped in the little camp, followed by a red and black one, much more smaller. Gahol let out a huge smile when he recognized the two newcomers: -White Flower! Bloody Dash! -Sup' kid... smiled back the red Fae, holding his wounded arm. -Nice to see you, Gahol, whispered the white dragon. -You're both hurt! exclaimed the youngest lizard. We need to get you healed right away! The two dragons shook their head. -Nope. My mission is to take you to the Wind Servants. That was the last wish of Sacred Sword... His voice broke on the name of his dead leader. -And my mission is to go back to the Sky Chasers as fast as possible to warn them about the Gaolers and... The Shade. White Flower's voice lowered when he pronounced the cursed word. Just behind Gahol, the Death Seeker jumped on his friend's shoulder and let out a skwak. -Ah yeah, announced Gahol with avoice filled with prideness. That's Ahrin, my familiar! She's a Death Seeker! She can fly so she will be very handy and a good member to travel with. -You got a familiar and I still don't! screamed Bloody Dash, faking exasperation. -I don't have one either, simply let out White Flower. -Shouldn't we get going? asked the little bird to Gahol's ear, apparently annoyed by all of this noise and these new faces. The dragon look at the crow and nodded. -Ahrin says we should go. But still, shouldn't we heal our wounds before? -You can't fly anyway, deplored the red hunter. -That was rude, Dash, groaned the merchant. -He is right, thought, sadly replied the black multi-gazed dragon. -Well. I know what we're doing for the next few days, concluded White Flower. -And what is that, ooooh great White Flower? ironically emphasized Bloody Dash. The white merchant took a look at the bird and then let it slide on the Nocturne's wings. -We're going to show him how to fly! --- You know what a new familiar means! It's a new dragon in the team! And you all know our new baby hehe! Say hello to White Flower : p --- Gahol is LVL 6. Bloody Dash is LVL 6. White Flower is LVL 1. Inventory Three drawing remaining. [item=White Pawn] [item=Potted Deepmine Fungi] [item= Reflective Fish Scales] 1619 [emoji=treasure size=1] 2 x [item=minor health potion].
Mobile Stick About an encounter
190829011055275750.png
Gahol, Shape Shifter - Loner

Other characters appearing in this chapter
Death Seeker
Ahrin - Gahol's familiar

Chapter 22: Walking

-Alright. Time to go, announced Gahol to little Ahrin now perched on his shoulder.
-You're going back there? I'd prefer not, objected the bird. My life is at bay with you, I just know it.
-Well. These are my friends and family so there's no point in arguing, countered the black Nocturne.
-Well I don't wanna go. And I'm your familiar.
-Then you stay here and pray for your life, stupid Death Seeker.

The Nocturne angrily stepped away, leaving the familiar behind. It did not take long before the bird crossed the short distance that separated her from the dragon.

-Alright. I'll help. But it's just because I have the feeling you won't be able to survive alone.

Gahol shrugged. He oriented his footsteps in the direction of the Bloodclan's lair. They walked for straight five long minutes before Ahrin opened her beak another time.

-Why aren't we flying, dragon? she greedily asked, opening her wings to take off.
-Because... groaned the young dragon.
-'Cause what? she insisted. This wing is not that shattered. Force yourself up and you can fly.
-No, I can't, stammered the black Nocturne.
-But of course you c...
-I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FLY! finally boomed Gahol.

His shout made the Death Seeker leave his shoulder and she simply perched on a tree. Questions were now running in her mind and her beak was wide open in a puzzled expression.

"He can't fly? But he's an adult dragon already!"

They were actually a lot of dragons that would rather stay on the safe ground than fly up there but the little crow was pretty sure that Nocturne were the kind of dragons to simply adore flying. There was no way a Nocturne would stay on the ground and walk.

Digging in her memories, Ahrin remembered that during the link with the dragon, she had felt a huge shock. Must have been his vain tentatives of flying sessions. Or something even bigger. Thinking of it, there was a lot of pain in the dragon's life apparently, even though he seemed to be very young. She shook up, ignoring her memories that were not her own and flew back to the walking dragon. They walked for what seemed to be hours before Gahol announced the break.

The bird and the dragon settled next to a tree with large branches and huge leaves so that they would be hidden from any dragon looking for them from up above. Just when they were about to leave one more time, the Nocturne heard a familiar noise. He froze.
It was the noise of a dragon hunting or... a dragon trying to hide from someone.

Gahol remembered the two encounters he had with the Shade or Gaolers : they were fast, cunning and cautious. If they wanted to kill him, they would have no difficulties in doing so as he was stuck on the ground. However, the little Nocturne was now ready to fight back. His training with the Bloodclan would not be useless and he would not let this awful Gaoler kidnap him that easily. If he wanted a multi-gazed dragon, he would have to fight for it!

All of the eyes of the dragon blinked at the same time, getting ready to see a movement from any direction. Ahrin let her feathers grew larger, like a lot of birds were able to do so. She now looked like an angry ball of feather, apparently feeling the distress of her companion.

Suddenly, a white dash jumped in the little camp, followed by a red and black one, much more smaller. Gahol let out a huge smile when he recognized the two newcomers:

-White Flower! Bloody Dash!
-Sup' kid... smiled back the red Fae, holding his wounded arm.
-Nice to see you, Gahol, whispered the white dragon.
-You're both hurt! exclaimed the youngest lizard. We need to get you healed right away!

The two dragons shook their head.

-Nope. My mission is to take you to the Wind Servants. That was the last wish of Sacred Sword...

His voice broke on the name of his dead leader.

-And my mission is to go back to the Sky Chasers as fast as possible to warn them about the Gaolers and... The Shade.

White Flower's voice lowered when he pronounced the cursed word. Just behind Gahol, the Death Seeker jumped on his friend's shoulder and let out a skwak.

-Ah yeah, announced Gahol with avoice filled with prideness. That's Ahrin, my familiar! She's a Death Seeker! She can fly so she will be very handy and a good member to travel with.
-You got a familiar and I still don't! screamed Bloody Dash, faking exasperation.
-I don't have one either, simply let out White Flower.
-Shouldn't we get going? asked the little bird to Gahol's ear, apparently annoyed by all of this noise and these new faces.

The dragon look at the crow and nodded.

-Ahrin says we should go. But still, shouldn't we heal our wounds before?
-You can't fly anyway, deplored the red hunter.
-That was rude, Dash, groaned the merchant.
-He is right, thought, sadly replied the black multi-gazed dragon.
-Well. I know what we're doing for the next few days, concluded White Flower.
-And what is that, ooooh great White Flower? ironically emphasized Bloody Dash.

The white merchant took a look at the bird and then let it slide on the Nocturne's wings.

-We're going to show him how to fly!

---
You know what a new familiar means! It's a new dragon in the team! And you all know our new baby hehe! Say hello to White Flower : p
---

Gahol is LVL 6.
Bloody Dash is LVL 6.
White Flower is LVL 1.

Inventory
Three drawing remaining.
White Pawn
Potted Deepmine Fungi
Reflective Fish Scales

Everything moves.
[item=Mobile Stick] About pushing yourself up... [b]Dragons appearing in this chapter[/b] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53420017] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/534201/53420017_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Bloody Dash, Hunter - Loner [/b][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38548114] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/385482/38548114_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]White Flower, Merchant -Sky Chaser[/b][/center] [center][URL=https://www.casimages.com/i/190829011055275750.png.html][IMG]https://nsa40.casimages.com/img/2019/08/29/190829011055275750.png[/IMG][/URL] [b]Gahol, Shape Shifter - Loner[/b][/center] [b]Other characters appearing in this chapter[/b] [center][item=Death Seeker] [b]Ahrin - Gahol's familiar [/b][/center] [size=5][b]Chapter 23: Can you fly?[/b][/size] White Flower stood by his word. The morning that followed their reunion, the three dragons had moved forward, trying to put some distance between them and the ancien Bloodclan's lair. White Flower pressed them all to walk faster and they were almost running. The white merchant added that it would be a very great physical training for the younger member of their party. Bloody Dash, on the other side, was very frustrated about this whole situation: walking and running instead of flying? Who would want to do that? He got the point that they were now runnaways and that the two Nocturnes were or hurt or unable to fly yet but he should actually be allowed to at least float above the ground! What a pity it was! So there they were, all three of them jumping and akwardly pulling their wings behind their back to avoid the branches and the roots. Only Ahrin, Gahol's familiar has been allowed to fly. She was the only one that was not known by the Gaoler that was hunting them and Lord, the red Coatl that betrayed the leader of the clan, was not aware of this new member as well. The bird was, just as Gahol presented it before, very useful: she would frequently check on them and make some scanning turns in the sky to make sure no dragon was behind them. No bushes were moving weirdly, though, and it reassured the small crew. White Flower, being the oldest, somehow took the head of their little band and eventually declared the pause. Bloody Dash, who was the only one who had the time to grab a bag before his escape, let out a sigh of relief. He did not had a lot to carry but the red Fae knew that these potions and the small amount of money he had gathered would be handy at some point. The white leader took a look at where they were and noticed a small cave. It was still large enough to let a few large creatures have shelter for the night and that was all the white merchant was now looking for. Gahol whistled thrice, letting Ahrin know that there was a break and a few minutes later, the little crow perched on her friend's head. -Nothing threatening comin' our way! she cried out, proud of her important role. White Flower put a curious look on the bird, then on the other Nocturne, waiting for his report as only Gahol was able to understand his familiar. -She says we have nothing to worry about... for now. -Great, he let out, relieved. They took a few minutes to settle a little, then all of them sneaked in the woods all around them. They had to hunt a little. Instictively, the three of them managed to find their place and their roles quite fast and where then perfectly capable of bringing enough food for three hungry dragons and for one small Death Seeker. White Flower and Gahol proved to be excellent hunters to the surprise of Bloody Dash. Gahol was mostly just giving slash and slaps on every foe's face but it worked rather well so who would complain, except maybe the dead beasts? Bloody Dash found that he was also very good at using magic. Lord, his former mentor used to impeach him to use his magical powers but now that he was alone, Bloody Dash was impressed by the incredible possibilities of his magic. Very satisfied, they came back to the cave -that was guarded by Ahrin for safety measures- with hands and mouth full of food. They did not light a fire. Again, safety measures. While they were all enjoying their dinner, White Flower decided that it was time to have a little discussion with Gahol. With infinite precautions, he asked to the youngest dragon: -Gahol, you said earlier that... something has changed you. Something related to the Shade. I know this might be hard for you Gahol but you have to recount everything that happened after your first encounter with a Gaoler. Were you, in any way, [i]changed[/i] by the Shade? There was a very long silence. Even Ahrin had stopped munching on her Mobile Stick and was now nervously looking at the white dragon. Whatever Gahol was about to reveal, she was very concerned too as their fate was now bound. Eventually, Gahol shuddered and decided to tell everything he knew. He told White Flower about how he grew up as a Spiral with two Multi-Gazed dragons and a Condorwing. He told him about the only time he trully saw the Shade attacking and how he woke up, lost in a tunnel with only the runes on his Spiral's body to guide him through the darkness and his astonishing meeting with Eyes of the Forest. He also threw everything he could remember about his transformation, how painful it felt to switch from a Spiral's body to a Nocturne one. He sobbed when he recalled the death of Ivory, followed by the very sure death of Cni'Hok and Cu'Dhan. When he finally announced how he had found Bloody Dash, the poor dragon was a complete mess. At first, White Flower could not say a word. It was far worse than he thought. Then, he shook himself up, carefully watched by the three other companions. -My clan, he started with a calm and gentle voice, is known for its knowledge and for the peace and quiet we may offer. However, what Horizon and Toxicity, our two leaders never tell to the newcomers and travelers, is that this clan is conducting research on the Shade. At first, we thought that it was only about some random Beasts being contaminated by the attacks of some weird magical shadows but time passing by, we understood that there was something much more higher. Something darker. He paused, making sure everyone was closely listening to him. -You might think that I am just another merchant, travelling from lands to lands to make trade with other dragons. And you are completely right. That was my first idea, my first work and my first purpose when i decided to join the Sky Chaser's ranks. However, I quickly noticed the agitation that gripped the dragons when they saw weird shadows around the camp. They would never come close but our leaders and fighters were always at bay. It did not take me too long to discover that Horizon and Toxicity were fighting the Shade. The name of the Sky Chasers is not some random name they picked. They are hunters. They hunt the Shade. Another silence welcomed his announcement. It was interrupted by the squeal of Ahrin: -I thought the Shade was only the matter of the Gaolers? They were the ones hunting the Shade when the Icewarden created them, after all. It was quickly translated by Gahol, even if the latter was acting in a much more robotic way now. -Your bird is perfectly right. However, countered White Flower, something happened to the Gaolers during the last decades. It seems that they got to close to the Shade. They are now going crazy with the idea that they must do anything in their power to stop it. They think the Shade is in all of us. It's everywhere, running in our blood. Especially in the... He looked down at Gahol. -Especially in the Multi-gazed dragon's blood. -But why? gasped the black Nocturne, terrified by this whole situation. I don't have any magic power at all! I'm not even able to fly or... anything! -But you can shapeshift. You can turn yourself into any other dragon. It is known that some dragons with special eyes are born with powers. Some dragons like you have proved many times that they can switch from an appearance to another. it is a very painful and hard change to do; it's also very tiring, but your kind is somehow able to do it. You see, our clan believes that Multi-Gazed dragons are Shade-touched the moment they're born and that dragon with Primal eyes are blessed by the Gods from the start, sparing them from any chance to be Shade-touched. -So what? stammered Gahol, confused with what the Gaolers wanted from him. What do I have in common with the Shade and the Gaolers? -They think that the "natural" Shade you have in yourself... The one that helps you turn into another dragon, explained the white merchant, thinking about what he could say to not frighten the young dragon too much, may help them fight the said Shade. The Death Seeker, the Fae and the black Nocturne stared at White Flower in disbelief. -This is ridiculous, piped Ahrin with her angry voice. -This makes zero sense! argued Bloody Dash. Why would the Shade fight the Shade? Plus, Gahol didn't even knew he was Shade-touched! He did not even knew he had power until now! What did they expect from him? -We don't know, conceded the merchant. We believe that they are trying to work based on the old sentence "Fire beats fire" but that's all we got. -And... this crystal, suddenly remembered Gahol. The one they used to change me into a Nocturne... What was it? -I believe it was a crystal highly contaminated by the Shade, said the white Nocturne, still trying to figure out what was the prupose of this rock. It might have had the "energy" and the shock you needed to force your body to change. I have no better answer to this, my apologies. -We have to bring Gahol to the Sky Chasers, concluded Bloody Dash, munching on another insect. -I agree but again, confessed White Flower, Horizon and Toxicity will ask us to lead him to the Wind Servants. They are the closest guards of the Windsinger and I believe this is a place where no Shade or Gaolers have been able to enter yet. Gahol closed his eyes. He never wanted to be part of this Shade history. He just wanted his dad and mom back. He missed them so much. He slid a look at the moon, above the trees. If they were gone, it was now up to him to avenge them. And to do so, he would do anything. Even if it meant fighting all the Gaolers of the world, so be it. He would kill them all. --- Bring the battles Pink! Huehue. White Flower proved to be an excellent fighter and Dash is more and more becoming a good healer. Gahol is just being Gahol and attacking everything he sees xD Also : plot. --- Gahol is LVL 6. Bloody Dash is LVL 6. White Flower is LVL 4. Inventory Two drawings remaining. [item=Potted Deepmine Fungi] [item= Reflective Fish Scales] Found 2 x [item=Leafy Pack] Found 1x [item=Broken Flower pot] Found : 270 [emoji=treasure size=1] 1889 [emoji=treasure size=1] 2 x [item=minor health potion].
Mobile Stick About pushing yourself up...

53420017_350.png

Bloody Dash, Hunter - Loner

38548114_350.png

190829011055275750.png

Death Seeker
Ahrin - Gahol's familiar

Chapter 23: Can you fly?

White Flower stood by his word. The morning that followed their reunion, the three dragons had moved forward, trying to put some distance between them and the ancien Bloodclan's lair. White Flower pressed them all to walk faster and they were almost running. The white merchant added that it would be a very great physical training for the younger member of their party. Bloody Dash, on the other side, was very frustrated about this whole situation: walking and running instead of flying? Who would want to do that? He got the point that they were now runnaways and that the two Nocturnes were or hurt or unable to fly yet but he should actually be allowed to at least float above the ground! What a pity it was!

So there they were, all three of them jumping and akwardly pulling their wings behind their back to avoid the branches and the roots. Only Ahrin, Gahol's familiar has been allowed to fly. She was the only one that was not known by the Gaoler that was hunting them and Lord, the red Coatl that betrayed the leader of the clan, was not aware of this new member as well. The bird was, just as Gahol presented it before, very useful: she would frequently check on them and make some scanning turns in the sky to make sure no dragon was behind them. No bushes were moving weirdly, though, and it reassured the small crew.

White Flower, being the oldest, somehow took the head of their little band and eventually declared the pause. Bloody Dash, who was the only one who had the time to grab a bag before his escape, let out a sigh of relief. He did not had a lot to carry but the red Fae knew that these potions and the small amount of money he had gathered would be handy at some point. The white leader took a look at where they were and noticed a small cave. It was still large enough to let a few large creatures have shelter for the night and that was all the white merchant was now looking for. Gahol whistled thrice, letting Ahrin know that there was a break and a few minutes later, the little crow perched on her friend's head.

-Nothing threatening comin' our way! she cried out, proud of her important role.

White Flower put a curious look on the bird, then on the other Nocturne, waiting for his report as only Gahol was able to understand his familiar.

-She says we have nothing to worry about... for now.
-Great, he let out, relieved.

They took a few minutes to settle a little, then all of them sneaked in the woods all around them. They had to hunt a little. Instictively, the three of them managed to find their place and their roles quite fast and where then perfectly capable of bringing enough food for three hungry dragons and for one small Death Seeker. White Flower and Gahol proved to be excellent hunters to the surprise of Bloody Dash. Gahol was mostly just giving slash and slaps on every foe's face but it worked rather well so who would complain, except maybe the dead beasts? Bloody Dash found that he was also very good at using magic. Lord, his former mentor used to impeach him to use his magical powers but now that he was alone, Bloody Dash was impressed by the incredible possibilities of his magic. Very satisfied, they came back to the cave -that was guarded by Ahrin for safety measures- with hands and mouth full of food.

They did not light a fire. Again, safety measures. While they were all enjoying their dinner, White Flower decided that it was time to have a little discussion with Gahol. With infinite precautions, he asked to the youngest dragon:

-Gahol, you said earlier that... something has changed you. Something related to the Shade. I know this might be hard for you Gahol but you have to recount everything that happened after your first encounter with a Gaoler. Were you, in any way, changed by the Shade?

There was a very long silence. Even Ahrin had stopped munching on her Mobile Stick and was now nervously looking at the white dragon. Whatever Gahol was about to reveal, she was very concerned too as their fate was now bound.

Eventually, Gahol shuddered and decided to tell everything he knew. He told White Flower about how he grew up as a Spiral with two Multi-Gazed dragons and a Condorwing. He told him about the only time he trully saw the Shade attacking and how he woke up, lost in a tunnel with only the runes on his Spiral's body to guide him through the darkness and his astonishing meeting with Eyes of the Forest. He also threw everything he could remember about his transformation, how painful it felt to switch from a Spiral's body to a Nocturne one. He sobbed when he recalled the death of Ivory, followed by the very sure death of Cni'Hok and Cu'Dhan. When he finally announced how he had found Bloody Dash, the poor dragon was a complete mess.

At first, White Flower could not say a word. It was far worse than he thought. Then, he shook himself up, carefully watched by the three other companions.

-My clan, he started with a calm and gentle voice, is known for its knowledge and for the peace and quiet we may offer. However, what Horizon and Toxicity, our two leaders never tell to the newcomers and travelers, is that this clan is conducting research on the Shade. At first, we thought that it was only about some random Beasts being contaminated by the attacks of some weird magical shadows but time passing by, we understood that there was something much more higher. Something darker.

He paused, making sure everyone was closely listening to him.

-You might think that I am just another merchant, travelling from lands to lands to make trade with other dragons. And you are completely right. That was my first idea, my first work and my first purpose when i decided to join the Sky Chaser's ranks. However, I quickly noticed the agitation that gripped the dragons when they saw weird shadows around the camp. They would never come close but our leaders and fighters were always at bay. It did not take me too long to discover that Horizon and Toxicity were fighting the Shade. The name of the Sky Chasers is not some random name they picked. They are hunters. They hunt the Shade.

Another silence welcomed his announcement. It was interrupted by the squeal of Ahrin:

-I thought the Shade was only the matter of the Gaolers? They were the ones hunting the Shade when the Icewarden created them, after all.

It was quickly translated by Gahol, even if the latter was acting in a much more robotic way now.

-Your bird is perfectly right. However, countered White Flower, something happened to the Gaolers during the last decades. It seems that they got to close to the Shade. They are now going crazy with the idea that they must do anything in their power to stop it. They think the Shade is in all of us. It's everywhere, running in our blood. Especially in the...

He looked down at Gahol.

-Especially in the Multi-gazed dragon's blood.
-But why? gasped the black Nocturne, terrified by this whole situation. I don't have any magic power at all! I'm not even able to fly or... anything!
-But you can shapeshift. You can turn yourself into any other dragon. It is known that some dragons with special eyes are born with powers. Some dragons like you have proved many times that they can switch from an appearance to another. it is a very painful and hard change to do; it's also very tiring, but your kind is somehow able to do it. You see, our clan believes that Multi-Gazed dragons are Shade-touched the moment they're born and that dragon with Primal eyes are blessed by the Gods from the start, sparing them from any chance to be Shade-touched.
-So what? stammered Gahol, confused with what the Gaolers wanted from him. What do I have in common with the Shade and the Gaolers?
-They think that the "natural" Shade you have in yourself... The one that helps you turn into another dragon, explained the white merchant, thinking about what he could say to not frighten the young dragon too much, may help them fight the said Shade.

The Death Seeker, the Fae and the black Nocturne stared at White Flower in disbelief.

-This is ridiculous, piped Ahrin with her angry voice.
-This makes zero sense! argued Bloody Dash. Why would the Shade fight the Shade? Plus, Gahol didn't even knew he was Shade-touched! He did not even knew he had power until now! What did they expect from him?
-We don't know, conceded the merchant. We believe that they are trying to work based on the old sentence "Fire beats fire" but that's all we got.
-And... this crystal, suddenly remembered Gahol. The one they used to change me into a Nocturne... What was it?
-I believe it was a crystal highly contaminated by the Shade, said the white Nocturne, still trying to figure out what was the prupose of this rock. It might have had the "energy" and the shock you needed to force your body to change. I have no better answer to this, my apologies.
-We have to bring Gahol to the Sky Chasers, concluded Bloody Dash, munching on another insect.
-I agree but again, confessed White Flower, Horizon and Toxicity will ask us to lead him to the Wind Servants. They are the closest guards of the Windsinger and I believe this is a place where no Shade or Gaolers have been able to enter yet.

Gahol closed his eyes. He never wanted to be part of this Shade history. He just wanted his dad and mom back. He missed them so much. He slid a look at the moon, above the trees. If they were gone, it was now up to him to avenge them. And to do so, he would do anything. Even if it meant fighting all the Gaolers of the world, so be it. He would kill them all.

---
Bring the battles Pink! Huehue. White Flower proved to be an excellent fighter and Dash is more and more becoming a good healer. Gahol is just being Gahol and attacking everything he sees xD
Also : plot.
---

Gahol is LVL 6.
Bloody Dash is LVL 6.
White Flower is LVL 4.

Inventory
Two drawings remaining.
Potted Deepmine Fungi
Reflective Fish Scales

Found 2 x Leafy Pack
Found 1x Broken Flower Pot
Found : 270

Everything moves.
[item=Common Locust] About pushing yourself up... [b]Dragons appearing in this chapter[/b] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53420017] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/534201/53420017_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Bloody Dash, Hunter - Loner [/b][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38548114] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/385482/38548114_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]White Flower, Merchant -Sky Chaser[/b][/center] [center][URL=https://www.casimages.com/i/190829011055275750.png.html][IMG]https://nsa40.casimages.com/img/2019/08/29/190829011055275750.png[/IMG][/URL] [b]Gahol, Shape Shifter - Loner[/b][/center] [b]Other characters appearing in this chapter[/b] [center][item=Death Seeker] [b]Ahrin - Gahol's familiar [/b][/center] [size=5][b]Chapter 24: Yes I can![/b][/size] -Try to push harder! Your wings have to almost touch each other if you want to be able to fly without the aid of the wind. You won't have wind everywhere and all the time! -But these wings are too large, for great Windsinger's sake! complained the black Nocturne. -No excuses! exclaimed White Flower. You can do it, come on! Three days had passed since their escape and their talk about the Shade, the Gaolers and the Multi-Gaze gene. White Flower forced them to train most of the time, letting them no time to slack off. Gahol was now almost able to take off without the help of the air. The oldest Nocturne decided that it might be too dangerous for now to fly in the open air without hiding or putting some disguise. Bloody Dash was not left out : he did improve his magic power a lot and was now perfectly able to heal and to shot magic on his opponents. He had now completely let go of his old attacks to focus on magic. Ahrin was always flying up above them, checking the potential threats or big creatures coming their way. Apart a bear or perhaps two, nothing interrupted the training White Flower put the young dragons through. They were never missing food since they were most of the time practicing their abilities on the preys that would come too close. -YES! suddenly shouted Gahol with enthusiasm. I DID IT! And yes, the black Nocturne was flapping his wings very well now and he was two or three feet above the ground. -Hush now! hissed the merchant. We need to be silent, Gahol! -Ah yes, sorry White Flower but look! yelled the other one more time, completely unaware of the warning of his companion. I can fly! -You can "take off", corrected the white dragon. You still need to learn how to fly now with these big wings. Flying as a Spiral and a Nocturne is a very different thing! -Just imagine the day you'll have to learn how to fly like a Fae! Gahol softly landed on the ground and pulled back his wings on his back. -I'd rather stay the way I am right now. One shape-shifting is way enough for me. -Oh... sighed Bloody Dash, disappointed. -No slacking off! shook him White Flower. Bloody Dash! Back to your magical training! Gahol, I want you to do the same thing you did right now but you will now try to fly between the trunks of the trees. You will follow my own path. Saying so, the white dragon deployed his large wings and swiftly traced a path in the forest, easily avoiding the trees. His wound was greatly slowing him down but he was only gliding, letting his wounded member rest. Gahol followed him in a graciousless way and groaned multiple times when a few branches hit his wings or face. But the black Nocturne was able to fly pretty well which reassured the merchant. The day they would leave their safe cave, they would have to travel fast after all. White Flower was convinced that the Gaoler and the Coatl did not loose their track. Gaolers were known to be excellent hunters, almost better than the Wildclaws themselves. From here, the Sky chaser's lair was a week away and the Windsinger servant's domain was a month away. Flying would be much more important from now on. The only advantage they had right now was that the Gaolers were not able to fly like other dragons. The Shade hunter would have to follow them from the ground, even though the merchant was prety sure this one would not give up so easily on the hunt of a rare Multi-Gaze dragon. -Oof! That was hard but we made it! said Gahol with a sigh of relief. -Yes, you are almost ready now, smiled the white Nocturne. I think it'll be enough for today. Let's head home for now. --- More battles huhu. I almost lost Gahol, jeez. --- Gahol is LVL 7. Bloody Dash is LVL 7. White Flower is LVL 5. Inventory Four drawings remaining. [item=Potted Deepmine Fungi] [item= Reflective Fish Scales] [item=Rasa pottery fragment] [item=Sharpened Serthis Spear] 1889 [emoji=treasure size=1] 2 x [item=minor health potion].
Common Locust About pushing yourself up...

53420017_350.png

38548114_350.png

190829011055275750.png

Death Seeker
Ahrin - Gahol's familiar

Chapter 24: Yes I can!

-Try to push harder! Your wings have to almost touch each other if you want to be able to fly without the aid of the wind. You won't have wind everywhere and all the time!
-But these wings are too large, for great Windsinger's sake! complained the black Nocturne.
-No excuses! exclaimed White Flower. You can do it, come on!

Three days had passed since their escape and their talk about the Shade, the Gaolers and the Multi-Gaze gene. White Flower forced them to train most of the time, letting them no time to slack off. Gahol was now almost able to take off without the help of the air. The oldest Nocturne decided that it might be too dangerous for now to fly in the open air without hiding or putting some disguise. Bloody Dash was not left out : he did improve his magic power a lot and was now perfectly able to heal and to shot magic on his opponents. He had now completely let go of his old attacks to focus on magic. Ahrin was always flying up above them, checking the potential threats or big creatures coming their way. Apart a bear or perhaps two, nothing interrupted the training White Flower put the young dragons through. They were never missing food since they were most of the time practicing their abilities on the preys that would come too close.

-YES! suddenly shouted Gahol with enthusiasm. I DID IT!

And yes, the black Nocturne was flapping his wings very well now and he was two or three feet above the ground.

-Hush now! hissed the merchant. We need to be silent, Gahol!
-Ah yes, sorry White Flower but look! yelled the other one more time, completely unaware of the warning of his companion. I can fly!
-You can "take off", corrected the white dragon. You still need to learn how to fly now with these big wings. Flying as a Spiral and a Nocturne is a very different thing!
-Just imagine the day you'll have to learn how to fly like a Fae!

Gahol softly landed on the ground and pulled back his wings on his back.

-I'd rather stay the way I am right now. One shape-shifting is way enough for me.
-Oh... sighed Bloody Dash, disappointed.
-No slacking off! shook him White Flower. Bloody Dash! Back to your magical training! Gahol, I want you to do the same thing you did right now but you will now try to fly between the trunks of the trees. You will follow my own path.

Saying so, the white dragon deployed his large wings and swiftly traced a path in the forest, easily avoiding the trees. His wound was greatly slowing him down but he was only gliding, letting his wounded member rest. Gahol followed him in a graciousless way and groaned multiple times when a few branches hit his wings or face. But the black Nocturne was able to fly pretty well which reassured the merchant.

The day they would leave their safe cave, they would have to travel fast after all. White Flower was convinced that the Gaoler and the Coatl did not loose their track. Gaolers were known to be excellent hunters, almost better than the Wildclaws themselves. From here, the Sky chaser's lair was a week away and the Windsinger servant's domain was a month away. Flying would be much more important from now on.
The only advantage they had right now was that the Gaolers were not able to fly like other dragons. The Shade hunter would have to follow them from the ground, even though the merchant was prety sure this one would not give up so easily on the hunt of a rare Multi-Gaze dragon.

-Oof! That was hard but we made it! said Gahol with a sigh of relief.
-Yes, you are almost ready now, smiled the white Nocturne. I think it'll be enough for today. Let's head home for now.

---
More battles huhu. I almost lost Gahol, jeez.
---

Gahol is LVL 7.
Bloody Dash is LVL 7.
White Flower is LVL 5.

Inventory
Four drawings remaining.
Potted Deepmine Fungi
Reflective Fish Scales
Rasa Pottery Fragment
Sharpened Serthis Spear

Everything moves.
[item=Auburn Wooly Walrus] About some mistakes... [b]Dragons appearing in this chapter[/b] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53420017] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/534201/53420017_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Bloody Dash, Hunter - Loner [/b][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38548114] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/385482/38548114_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]White Flower, Merchant -Sky Chaser[/b][/center] [center][URL=https://www.casimages.com/i/190829011055275750.png.html][IMG]https://nsa40.casimages.com/img/2019/08/29/190829011055275750.png[/IMG][/URL] [b]Gahol, Shape Shifter - Loner[/b][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54506323] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/545064/54506323_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Mistake - Loner[/b][/center] [b]Other characters appearing in this chapter[/b] [center][item=Death Seeker] [b]Ahrin - Gahol's familiar [/b][/center] [size=5][b]Chapter 25: Mistake[/b][/size] She knew she had to fly away. She knew something bad would eventually happen. She knew she had a strange power that would frighten the other dragons of the clan. Still, she stayed, she tried her best to be part of the family. They never accepted her and now she was hunted. Hunted by something that was way beyond her mind. Something old, something ancient. Something dangerous. It was big. it was ravenous and it destroyed everything she knew. It was the Shade. It spreaded its large filaments everywhere in their lair, searching for her. For her eyes. She perfectly knew who they were seeking. She was a mistake. She has always been. They named her Mistake for a good reason. And now they were all gone. She could not remember how long she had flew in the sky. She must have left her territory by now. She stopped. She saw something. Foe, friend? It must be an ennemy. Quick. She lands. She closes her eyes on her body. She observes. She hides. No one must see her. She is a mistake. No one wants to see a mistake. Three dragons zipped in the forest next to her. They were all flying close to the ground and the first one, probably the leader, was always carefully turning his head behind them. The second one was a very small dragon. A Fae. The last one was a very young Nocturne. He was following the two others with a certain pain, as if he just learned how to fly. She blinked. Was he... Did he... He had eyes! No. He had a lot of eyes! This black Nocturne was covered with eyes just like her! He was a mistake too! Forgetting her fear, she bursted out of the bushes. -Hey! The Shade-touched! Come back! She dashed to catch up with the crew but it had already stopped, curiosity and fear painted on their faces. The white Nocturne covered the black one with a wounded wing and hissed. The shadow on his face made her stop instantly. -Go away! We don't want intruders! Mistake took a deep breath and stepped forward, ignoring the growls of the other dragons. -My name is Mistake. For a very long time, I have been searching fro dragons like me. Dragons that were mistakes. -Who's a mistake now? angrily echoed the Fae. -He is, she simply said, pointing her fins toward the black dragon hidden under the wing of the oldest one. There was a silence. Only the sound of the wings of Ahrin up there could be heard by the crew. -He is NOT a mistake, growled the small dragon. He is a dragon just like me or like y... The voice of the red Fae broke when he saw that she had multiple eyes. Just like his young friend. The white dragon noticed the curiosity a few seconds later. Mistake shivered. They had noticed. -Are you a Multi-Gaze dragon? he asked, his voice softening. -That's what I am, i must agree, she nodded, guilt on her snout. -Another dragon like me, yelled the young Nocturne, jumping in front of the face the newcomer, ignoring the warning of White Flower. My name is Gahol! He turned to present the two others. The Mirror seemed to feel better and more relaxed when the little Nocturne explained where they were going. Gahol did not tell anything about the Gaoler chasing them, the downfall of the Bloodclan or the fact that he was a Shape Shifter but somehow, the fact that they were joining the Wind Servants made Mistake soften. -I must join the Wind Servants too. Only them will be able to hide the mistake that I am. -What the... started Bloody Dash, already annoyed by this new member. -Is she coming with us? yelled Gahol. Bloody Dash and White Flower exchanged a puzzled look. The white dragon sighed. -I guess she can travel with us for now... --- -What's your name, by the way? asked Gahol as he was flying behind the two other adults with the Mirror. -Mistake, she simply answered. Her voice had cracked and the small Nocturne felt sad for the female dragon. She was not much older than him, she was still very young. Gahol felt pity for her, recalling his own doubts. -I think Mist will suit you well. You're not a mistake. We must be proud! he exclaimed. We have the power to defeat the Shade! -Defeat the... Shade? -Yes! The Wind Servants will help us to unleash our true powers, you'll see! Defeat the Shade... Yes. She wanted that. She wanted to defeat the Shade. She would defeat the Shade. --- A new dragon in the party woo! --- Gahol is LVL 7. Bloody Dash is LVL 7. White Flower is LVL 5. Mistake is LVL 1. Inventory Four drawings remaining. [item=Potted Deepmine Fungi] [item= Reflective Fish Scales] [item=Rasa pottery fragment] [item=Sharpened Serthis Spear] 1889 [emoji=treasure size=1] 2 x [item=minor health potion].
About some mistakes...

53420017_350.png

38548114_350.png

190829011055275750.png

54506323_350.png

Mistake - Loner

Death Seeker
Ahrin - Gahol's familiar

Chapter 25: Mistake

She knew she had to fly away. She knew something bad would eventually happen. She knew she had a strange power that would frighten the other dragons of the clan. Still, she stayed, she tried her best to be part of the family. They never accepted her and now she was hunted. Hunted by something that was way beyond her mind. Something old, something ancient. Something dangerous.

It was big. it was ravenous and it destroyed everything she knew. It was the Shade. It spreaded its large filaments everywhere in their lair, searching for her. For her eyes. She perfectly knew who they were seeking. She was a mistake. She has always been. They named her Mistake for a good reason. And now they were all gone.

She could not remember how long she had flew in the sky. She must have left her territory by now. She stopped. She saw something. Foe, friend? It must be an ennemy. Quick. She lands. She closes her eyes on her body. She observes. She hides. No one must see her. She is a mistake. No one wants to see a mistake.

Three dragons zipped in the forest next to her. They were all flying close to the ground and the first one, probably the leader, was always carefully turning his head behind them. The second one was a very small dragon. A Fae. The last one was a very young Nocturne. He was following the two others with a certain pain, as if he just learned how to fly.

She blinked. Was he... Did he... He had eyes! No. He had a lot of eyes! This black Nocturne was covered with eyes just like her! He was a mistake too! Forgetting her fear, she bursted out of the bushes.

-Hey! The Shade-touched! Come back!

She dashed to catch up with the crew but it had already stopped, curiosity and fear painted on their faces. The white Nocturne covered the black one with a wounded wing and hissed. The shadow on his face made her stop instantly.

-Go away! We don't want intruders!

Mistake took a deep breath and stepped forward, ignoring the growls of the other dragons.

-My name is Mistake. For a very long time, I have been searching fro dragons like me. Dragons that were mistakes.
-Who's a mistake now? angrily echoed the Fae.
-He is, she simply said, pointing her fins toward the black dragon hidden under the wing of the oldest one.

There was a silence. Only the sound of the wings of Ahrin up there could be heard by the crew.

-He is NOT a mistake, growled the small dragon. He is a dragon just like me or like y...

The voice of the red Fae broke when he saw that she had multiple eyes. Just like his young friend. The white dragon noticed the curiosity a few seconds later. Mistake shivered. They had noticed.

-Are you a Multi-Gaze dragon? he asked, his voice softening.
-That's what I am, i must agree, she nodded, guilt on her snout.
-Another dragon like me, yelled the young Nocturne, jumping in front of the face the newcomer, ignoring the warning of White Flower. My name is Gahol!

He turned to present the two others. The Mirror seemed to feel better and more relaxed when the little Nocturne explained where they were going. Gahol did not tell anything about the Gaoler chasing them, the downfall of the Bloodclan or the fact that he was a Shape Shifter but somehow, the fact that they were joining the Wind Servants made Mistake soften.

-I must join the Wind Servants too. Only them will be able to hide the mistake that I am.
-What the... started Bloody Dash, already annoyed by this new member.
-Is she coming with us? yelled Gahol.

Bloody Dash and White Flower exchanged a puzzled look. The white dragon sighed.

-I guess she can travel with us for now...

---
-What's your name, by the way? asked Gahol as he was flying behind the two other adults with the Mirror.
-Mistake, she simply answered.

Her voice had cracked and the small Nocturne felt sad for the female dragon. She was not much older than him, she was still very young. Gahol felt pity for her, recalling his own doubts.

-I think Mist will suit you well. You're not a mistake. We must be proud! he exclaimed. We have the power to defeat the Shade!
-Defeat the... Shade?
-Yes! The Wind Servants will help us to unleash our true powers, you'll see!

Defeat the Shade... Yes. She wanted that. She wanted to defeat the Shade. She would defeat the Shade.

---
A new dragon in the party woo!
---

Gahol is LVL 7.
Bloody Dash is LVL 7.
White Flower is LVL 5.
Mistake is LVL 1.

Inventory
Four drawings remaining.
Potted Deepmine Fungi
Reflective Fish Scales
Rasa Pottery Fragment