Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Persistent McAfee alerts
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
yup still having this problem. No change

Could we get a word on if this is:
  • a separate issue that needs reporting to mcafee for review (since most pages cleared up after we were told it was being looked at but not these)
  • a separate issue that has been reported but is still in the review process
  • mcafee denied removing these pages for whatever reason
  • something else entirely

While I'm sure fr is fine, and I can use another computer to access the pages in question, I do most of my work on this one and don't want to take any unnecessary risks. So I'm just not comfortable bypassing the warnings without further information
yup still having this problem. No change

Could we get a word on if this is:
  • a separate issue that needs reporting to mcafee for review (since most pages cleared up after we were told it was being looked at but not these)
  • a separate issue that has been reported but is still in the review process
  • mcafee denied removing these pages for whatever reason
  • something else entirely

While I'm sure fr is fine, and I can use another computer to access the pages in question, I do most of my work on this one and don't want to take any unnecessary risks. So I'm just not comfortable bypassing the warnings without further information
Wua5ROf.png
@Hawkfeather
I'm kind of in the same boat with not wanting to take the risk on my laptop since it's main one as well. I can at least use my tablet or phone to get into my lair it's just a pain to have to do so.
I have a lot of stuff I need to do in my lair since this started and I'm not able to work on any of it because of all the stuff being on this computer to do so.
@Hawkfeather
I'm kind of in the same boat with not wanting to take the risk on my laptop since it's main one as well. I can at least use my tablet or phone to get into my lair it's just a pain to have to do so.
I have a lot of stuff I need to do in my lair since this started and I'm not able to work on any of it because of all the stuff being on this computer to do so.
I haven't got McAfee on my laptop, but something very similar happens to me when I'm on the lair page (and in almost every other page of FR): Google Chrome says the page isn't safe and dosn't let me scroll or click on anything (I don't remember the alert it gave me, but it clearly said I couldn't do certain things). That's why I stopped logging in on my laptop and just used my phone instead.
Could this be related as well?
I haven't got McAfee on my laptop, but something very similar happens to me when I'm on the lair page (and in almost every other page of FR): Google Chrome says the page isn't safe and dosn't let me scroll or click on anything (I don't remember the alert it gave me, but it clearly said I couldn't do certain things). That's why I stopped logging in on my laptop and just used my phone instead.
Could this be related as well?
Ani227MS5.gif
Ani359MS5.gif
ssss
KS2Azyk.jpg
sss
So, I didn't realize that this was an actual page in the bugs forum (because on my phone I couldn't even get onto the forums without McAfee bugging me out) before reporting an issue on this to the support page. The thing is, even on the laptop, I had an issue (I have Avast Antivirus on the laptop and McAfee on my phone because it's Verizon), I just didn't receive a popup like on the phone.

It seems like this issue has been going on for a while now, and I'm not sure if I can continue to play if this continues, because I can't just use the laptop (which isn't mine) to play, just to keep up dragons that don't die. I get this on the auction house, gather items page, feeding the dragons page/familiars, and a few others, if this helps at all. It's basically what others have been experiencing.
So, I didn't realize that this was an actual page in the bugs forum (because on my phone I couldn't even get onto the forums without McAfee bugging me out) before reporting an issue on this to the support page. The thing is, even on the laptop, I had an issue (I have Avast Antivirus on the laptop and McAfee on my phone because it's Verizon), I just didn't receive a popup like on the phone.

It seems like this issue has been going on for a while now, and I'm not sure if I can continue to play if this continues, because I can't just use the laptop (which isn't mine) to play, just to keep up dragons that don't die. I get this on the auction house, gather items page, feeding the dragons page/familiars, and a few others, if this helps at all. It's basically what others have been experiencing.
iiadg18.png5pZ7sOC.png
I've just started being able to access my lair (and other player's lairs) as well as the crossroads! =D

Auction house, fairgrounds, and scrying workshop are still being blocked.
I've just started being able to access my lair (and other player's lairs) as well as the crossroads! =D

Auction house, fairgrounds, and scrying workshop are still being blocked.
Wua5ROf.png
Just an update (noticed as of time of this post)- I'm able to access the scrying workshop and fairgrounds again. Auction house is still blocked

(edit for spelling)
Just an update (noticed as of time of this post)- I'm able to access the scrying workshop and fairgrounds again. Auction house is still blocked

(edit for spelling)
Wua5ROf.png
The Auction House is still blocked for me as well.
I also noticed in Crim's Collection Cart if you click new offer it pulls up a McAfee thing as well but if you go back it's fine.
The Auction House is still blocked for me as well.
I also noticed in Crim's Collection Cart if you click new offer it pulls up a McAfee thing as well but if you go back it's fine.
Hey, just a s/o to everyone in the thread.
The blocked access is most likely related to the advertisements on the site, not the site itself! Some of the ads are causing the site to register as "unsafe" because those sites themselves are genuinely unsafe.
Hey, just a s/o to everyone in the thread.
The blocked access is most likely related to the advertisements on the site, not the site itself! Some of the ads are causing the site to register as "unsafe" because those sites themselves are genuinely unsafe.
28259.png
hey!
i'm eddy.
any pronouns
advAsr3.png | +3FR

@atlanticREM:

Even if it is for the advertisements most people myself included if this is our only computer we wouldn't want to take that kind of chance since we most likely don't have the money to get a replacement or the money to get it fixed. I think those of use that are getting figured we are safer just waiting for the site to clear it up like they were able to with the others.
I have had it where I have clicked on the advertisements before just because the page sometimes jumps if its not fully loaded.
For me it's just safer to wait as I'm guessing others are too. ^_^
@atlanticREM:

Even if it is for the advertisements most people myself included if this is our only computer we wouldn't want to take that kind of chance since we most likely don't have the money to get a replacement or the money to get it fixed. I think those of use that are getting figured we are safer just waiting for the site to clear it up like they were able to with the others.
I have had it where I have clicked on the advertisements before just because the page sometimes jumps if its not fully loaded.
For me it's just safer to wait as I'm guessing others are too. ^_^
I have adblocker turned on for this site and McAfee is still blocking the Auction House
:(
I guess at least it's only the AH.

Of course, I can still access it on my phone, but it's a lot more cumbersome. I know there are ways you can "tell" McAfee that a site is safe, but my McAfee application just keeps crashing when I try to open the control panel, which is really frustrating
I have adblocker turned on for this site and McAfee is still blocking the Auction House
:(
I guess at least it's only the AH.

Of course, I can still access it on my phone, but it's a lot more cumbersome. I know there are ways you can "tell" McAfee that a site is safe, but my McAfee application just keeps crashing when I try to open the control panel, which is really frustrating
RGfeibN.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9