Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Event of Exploration III: Finale
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 134 135
1 (escaping the battle around the Wyrmwound) and 2 (escaping from the Repository) are both separate RP events, in the case where you aren't doing the sudoku for 2. There would need to be separate RPs for both of them. ;3
1 (escaping the battle around the Wyrmwound) and 2 (escaping from the Repository) are both separate RP events, in the case where you aren't doing the sudoku for 2. There would need to be separate RPs for both of them. ;3
drpusig1_zpsjz7uct4m.pngwindright_zpsee23nxkw.png
@Wintaer Here they are! [quote]The throng of dragons around the Wrymwound started to close in around the dragons as the Plaguebringer finished her admonition. Frillian glanced at his companions. “You know what do to. Attack plan Delta!” Lirian wasn’t so sure about this. “I- I don’t think I’m strong enough for this! We’re going to die!” Likon put his head close to her ear. “Bugger that nonsense! You’re one of the strongest dragons here, just look at yourself! Frillian’s always got our best interests at ‘eart, and ‘e wouldn’t ‘a brought you if he didn’t think you were up to it, now would ‘e? You can ‘andle this, Lirian.” “…okay. Let’s do it.” Likon and Lirian executed twin Rally spells on each other, increasing their strength magnificently. The two fought side by side through the mass of dragons, and with a few well-placed spells from Frillian, easily broke through to the outside and ran for the Repository. [/quote] [quote]A trap? This wasn’t what the dragons had expected at all! The Plaguebringer had never been the most pleasant of dragons, but she had never been outright hostile before! But the Plague dragons now advancing towards Frillian, Lirian, and Likon certainly looked hostile, with teeth bared and eyes narrowed to slits. “Run!” Frillian called, leaping onto Lirian’s horns as Likon entwined himself around her neck. “We can’t let them get the keystone! The Imperial didn’t hesitate, and knocked aside a few Coatl as she sprinted down the nearest offshoot tunnel. Lirian dashed through corridor after corridor, tunnel after tunnel, but even with the increased speed granted by Frillian’s Haste spell, the Plague dragons’ greater knowledge of the tunnels kept them at her heels. Eventually, Frillian sensed a change in the air currents ahead of them and called, “Dead end ahead! Slow down!” Lirian screeched to a halt and whirled to face her pursuers as they congregated a few meters away, wary of her great size. “Give up,” snarled a Mirror at the front of the pack. “We’ve got all of you cornered!” “All of us?” Questioned Frillian. “You might want to try counting again.” Confused, the Mirror examined her prey closely. One, two… Where was the third one? A moment of comprehension dawned on her as she looked up and saw a pair of glowing, dark green eyes among the stalactites above the pack. “’ello!” Quipped Likon, as the whirling, scratching, biting Spiral dropped into the center of the Plague dragons. The disarray created by Likon’s dynamic entry gave Frillian and Lirian the time they needed to get into position. Frillian dismounted from her horns onto a ridge in the wall and started Meditating as Lirian waded into the fray, using her size and strength to her advantage as she batted dragons to the side and Likon wound among their legs, tripping and confusing them. After a few moments, Frillian opened his eyes and unleased a blast of wind that dashed the few remaining dragons against the wall, knocking them out cold. The last one standing was the Mirror leader, looking around with disbelief at her fallen comrades. “Y- you’ll never make it out of here!” She cried, backing slowly away. “You and your oh-so-precious keystone will be trapped in this labyrinth forever!” “Oh, on the contrary,” replied Frillian. “There is no keystone. It was all a trick to get you and your horde here away from the rest of the group. Oh, I’m sure some of them must have stayed behind, but every dragon you brought here was one dragon that we could fight on our own terms, and one dragon that wasn’t keeping our allies from dismantling your traps and escaping. They’ll be long gone by now.” “W-well you’re still trapped in here! And I sure aint helping you get out!” “Why would I need your help? I’m a Wind dragon, all I need to do is follow the air currents to the nearest exit. Now, this has been fun, but we really must be going. Lirian, if you’d be so kind?” Lirian gladly hit the Mirror over the head with a balled-up claw, knocking her out cold. “Jolly good show!” Cried Likon, winding his way over to Lirian. “Ooh! Can we loot them? I’ve always wanted to try looting!” “No,” replied Frillian. “That ruins the spirit of a good trick. Now come on, we need to get back to the surface. It’s really not that far.” [/quote] [quote]Thankfully, Clan Skybreak had brought along enough tools despite their meager holdings to reach the Acanist. Lirian’s Brass Steambunk Vest, coupled with Frillian’s Gold Wing Bangles, had just enough circuitry and metal to cobble together a basic voice transmitter.[/quote]
@Wintaer Here they are!
Quote:
The throng of dragons around the Wrymwound started to close in around the dragons as the Plaguebringer finished her admonition. Frillian glanced at his companions. “You know what do to. Attack plan Delta!”
Lirian wasn’t so sure about this. “I- I don’t think I’m strong enough for this! We’re going to die!”
Likon put his head close to her ear. “Bugger that nonsense! You’re one of the strongest dragons here, just look at yourself! Frillian’s always got our best interests at ‘eart, and ‘e wouldn’t ‘a brought you if he didn’t think you were up to it, now would ‘e? You can ‘andle this, Lirian.”
“…okay. Let’s do it.”
Likon and Lirian executed twin Rally spells on each other, increasing their strength magnificently. The two fought side by side through the mass of dragons, and with a few well-placed spells from Frillian, easily broke through to the outside and ran for the Repository.
Quote:
A trap? This wasn’t what the dragons had expected at all! The Plaguebringer had never been the most pleasant of dragons, but she had never been outright hostile before! But the Plague dragons now advancing towards Frillian, Lirian, and Likon certainly looked hostile, with teeth bared and eyes narrowed to slits. “Run!” Frillian called, leaping onto Lirian’s horns as Likon entwined himself around her neck. “We can’t let them get the keystone! The Imperial didn’t hesitate, and knocked aside a few Coatl as she sprinted down the nearest offshoot tunnel.
Lirian dashed through corridor after corridor, tunnel after tunnel, but even with the increased speed granted by Frillian’s Haste spell, the Plague dragons’ greater knowledge of the tunnels kept them at her heels. Eventually, Frillian sensed a change in the air currents ahead of them and called, “Dead end ahead! Slow down!” Lirian screeched to a halt and whirled to face her pursuers as they congregated a few meters away, wary of her great size. “Give up,” snarled a Mirror at the front of the pack. “We’ve got all of you cornered!”
“All of us?” Questioned Frillian. “You might want to try counting again.”
Confused, the Mirror examined her prey closely. One, two… Where was the third one? A moment of comprehension dawned on her as she looked up and saw a pair of glowing, dark green eyes among the stalactites above the pack. “’ello!” Quipped Likon, as the whirling, scratching, biting Spiral dropped into the center of the Plague dragons.
The disarray created by Likon’s dynamic entry gave Frillian and Lirian the time they needed to get into position. Frillian dismounted from her horns onto a ridge in the wall and started Meditating as Lirian waded into the fray, using her size and strength to her advantage as she batted dragons to the side and Likon wound among their legs, tripping and confusing them. After a few moments, Frillian opened his eyes and unleased a blast of wind that dashed the few remaining dragons against the wall, knocking them out cold. The last one standing was the Mirror leader, looking around with disbelief at her fallen comrades.
“Y- you’ll never make it out of here!” She cried, backing slowly away. “You and your oh-so-precious keystone will be trapped in this labyrinth forever!”
“Oh, on the contrary,” replied Frillian. “There is no keystone. It was all a trick to get you and your horde here away from the rest of the group. Oh, I’m sure some of them must have stayed behind, but every dragon you brought here was one dragon that we could fight on our own terms, and one dragon that wasn’t keeping our allies from dismantling your traps and escaping. They’ll be long gone by now.”
“W-well you’re still trapped in here! And I sure aint helping you get out!”
“Why would I need your help? I’m a Wind dragon, all I need to do is follow the air currents to the nearest exit. Now, this has been fun, but we really must be going. Lirian, if you’d be so kind?”
Lirian gladly hit the Mirror over the head with a balled-up claw, knocking her out cold.
“Jolly good show!” Cried Likon, winding his way over to Lirian. “Ooh! Can we loot them? I’ve always wanted to try looting!”
“No,” replied Frillian. “That ruins the spirit of a good trick. Now come on, we need to get back to the surface. It’s really not that far.”
Quote:
Thankfully, Clan Skybreak had brought along enough tools despite their meager holdings to reach the Acanist. Lirian’s Brass Steambunk Vest, coupled with Frillian’s Gold Wing Bangles, had just enough circuitry and metal to cobble together a basic voice transmitter.
Same as FR time.
ZNhRsiG.png
Completed the RP part of the second tier. :)

What I wrote if anyone is curious. (I love seeing what everyone does. XD)
Quote:
(1) After Plaguebringer breathed the noxious breath on Pirate and his fellow party members, the battle to the repository was a blur of frenzied motion. Scratch, scratch, eliminate. Scratch, Eliminate. Rinse and repeat with an Arcane slash thrown in for the fun of it. Pirate was dully aware of Reef and Oyster throwing out regenerative abilities and rallying calls, but he barely had the chance to notice in the seemingly never-ending swarm of combatants. One went down and another was instantly in front of him, blocking the way to the Repository.

Pirate glanced to his sides, at Oyster and Reef. "As much fun as this is, we aren't any closer to the Repository then we were before!" he shouted, trying to be heard over the din of combat.

Oyster nodded, scratching down another foe. "Reef, do you have enough breath to drench these guys?" He held up a claw and sparked a bit of electricity off into the air. "I think a combo might be just what we need."

Reef grinned and nodded. "I think I have enough." He stepped forward and held out a claw. Immediately, a rush of water gushed forward, surrounding their foes. As the water swirled around the feet of their enemies, Oyster stepped forward and slashed a claw across the water sending a large jolt of electricity charging through the water. The enemy combatant's bodies clenched up, before falling to the ground defeated.

Oyster glanced around at the bodies. "We should probably get in there before more come this way. I doubt the area will stay clear for long."

Pirate nodded. "Or before they get up and try to bite us."

"That would never happen," Reef commented, prompting the group to start moving forward. "Really, the things you come up with," he shook his head in disbelief as they entered the Repository.
Quote:
(2) Pirate ran, Oyster and Reef following closely at his heals as they sped down the tunnels. "Where are all these guys coming from?!" he grumbled, scratching at one of the red eyed dragons that tried to leap at him.

"Does anyone else wish that the guards at the border had trapped us in?" Reef yelled, throwing up a reflect barrier around himself. "I mean, things would have been a whole lot simpler if we had just stayed home."

"And miss out on all this fun?" Oyster gasped out, ducking under the swipe of another red eyed foe even as Reef sent a wave of regenerative energy over him.

"Wouldn't miss this for all the treasure in the world," Pirate commented with a smirk, slamming one of dragons chasing him into the wall as they turned a corner. "But... I wouldn't say no to another combo attack?"

Reef shook his head, "out of juice, will be a bit before I can do that again."

"Figures," Pirate shook his head, charging forward. "Come on, we just need to get around this corner!"

"What is he up to?" Oyster yelled to Reef. Reef just shrugged and zipped forward.

As they rounded the corner, Pirate gathered up all of the arcane energy that he could muster and rammed it into the cavern wall sending a wave of rock and dust into the air. He quickly repeated the action and soon they could feel the floor rumbling.

"Time to go!" Pirate yelled, grabbing a hold of Reef's wings and yanking him along as he and Oyster surged forward, running as fast as he could as the tunnels around him started to collapse around them.

The party surged forward, running as fast as they could manage, rocks falling at their heals as they blasted out of the cavern and out into the safety of the high cliffs.

"That went better then I was expecting," Reef commented, watching as the last rock fell, blocking the tunnel's exit.

"Might not hold them, but it will buy us some time," Oyster replied, eyeing the rocks and dust.

The fight was over, for now, but who knew what was on the horizon?
Completed the RP part of the second tier. :)

What I wrote if anyone is curious. (I love seeing what everyone does. XD)
Quote:
(1) After Plaguebringer breathed the noxious breath on Pirate and his fellow party members, the battle to the repository was a blur of frenzied motion. Scratch, scratch, eliminate. Scratch, Eliminate. Rinse and repeat with an Arcane slash thrown in for the fun of it. Pirate was dully aware of Reef and Oyster throwing out regenerative abilities and rallying calls, but he barely had the chance to notice in the seemingly never-ending swarm of combatants. One went down and another was instantly in front of him, blocking the way to the Repository.

Pirate glanced to his sides, at Oyster and Reef. "As much fun as this is, we aren't any closer to the Repository then we were before!" he shouted, trying to be heard over the din of combat.

Oyster nodded, scratching down another foe. "Reef, do you have enough breath to drench these guys?" He held up a claw and sparked a bit of electricity off into the air. "I think a combo might be just what we need."

Reef grinned and nodded. "I think I have enough." He stepped forward and held out a claw. Immediately, a rush of water gushed forward, surrounding their foes. As the water swirled around the feet of their enemies, Oyster stepped forward and slashed a claw across the water sending a large jolt of electricity charging through the water. The enemy combatant's bodies clenched up, before falling to the ground defeated.

Oyster glanced around at the bodies. "We should probably get in there before more come this way. I doubt the area will stay clear for long."

Pirate nodded. "Or before they get up and try to bite us."

"That would never happen," Reef commented, prompting the group to start moving forward. "Really, the things you come up with," he shook his head in disbelief as they entered the Repository.
Quote:
(2) Pirate ran, Oyster and Reef following closely at his heals as they sped down the tunnels. "Where are all these guys coming from?!" he grumbled, scratching at one of the red eyed dragons that tried to leap at him.

"Does anyone else wish that the guards at the border had trapped us in?" Reef yelled, throwing up a reflect barrier around himself. "I mean, things would have been a whole lot simpler if we had just stayed home."

"And miss out on all this fun?" Oyster gasped out, ducking under the swipe of another red eyed foe even as Reef sent a wave of regenerative energy over him.

"Wouldn't miss this for all the treasure in the world," Pirate commented with a smirk, slamming one of dragons chasing him into the wall as they turned a corner. "But... I wouldn't say no to another combo attack?"

Reef shook his head, "out of juice, will be a bit before I can do that again."

"Figures," Pirate shook his head, charging forward. "Come on, we just need to get around this corner!"

"What is he up to?" Oyster yelled to Reef. Reef just shrugged and zipped forward.

As they rounded the corner, Pirate gathered up all of the arcane energy that he could muster and rammed it into the cavern wall sending a wave of rock and dust into the air. He quickly repeated the action and soon they could feel the floor rumbling.

"Time to go!" Pirate yelled, grabbing a hold of Reef's wings and yanking him along as he and Oyster surged forward, running as fast as he could as the tunnels around him started to collapse around them.

The party surged forward, running as fast as they could manage, rocks falling at their heals as they blasted out of the cavern and out into the safety of the high cliffs.

"That went better then I was expecting," Reef commented, watching as the last rock fell, blocking the tunnel's exit.

"Might not hold them, but it will buy us some time," Oyster replied, eyeing the rocks and dust.

The fight was over, for now, but who knew what was on the horizon?
40893_s.gif
@Wintaer
I would like to ask whether you are willing to substitute a slot for the Sudoku for me? Thanks a lot!
@Wintaer
I would like to ask whether you are willing to substitute a slot for the Sudoku for me? Thanks a lot!
My dream dragon:
i52VF.png
@Gkj1213 Just to clarify, are you asking to be added as a Sudoku participant or saying that we'll need an extra Sudoku slot because you'll be submitting an RP bit for part 2 of today's event? ------------------------------- @DDDragoni and @Vaylise Ahhh very cute! Here's mine! [quote=Part 1]Merlin gave the Plaguebringer's back one last look before he took to the air as Severus and Morgana faced the incoming dragons head on. Despite having only trained together as a team for a short time, their teamwork was flawless. Severus took the lead, using his claws and spines to slash at their enemies, a whirlwind of black and green that opened up a path for them. Morgana followed in his wake, finishing off the stragglers with icy claws or bites that sapped what remaining life force they had and gave it to her instead. Merlin flew above them, alternating between healing his comrades and throwing earthen bolts that thinned out the enemy ranks. Soon enough, they were at the Repository.[/quote] [quote=Part 3]"Should we sent Arthelia to deliver the message to the Arcanist?" Merlin asked, glancing down at the white dove sitting on his shoulder. The name apparently amused Morgana as she let out a delicate snort when she heard it. "You best hope she doesn't get eaten on her way to the Observatory." "She--" But Severus cut in impatiently before the two imperials could get into another one of their arguments. "No, it's best to only use her for longer distances. From this height, smoke signals should work. Give me the firestarter and some of the tail hair..."[/quote]
@Gkj1213 Just to clarify, are you asking to be added as a Sudoku participant or saying that we'll need an extra Sudoku slot because you'll be submitting an RP bit for part 2 of today's event?

@DDDragoni and @Vaylise Ahhh very cute! Here's mine!

Part 1 wrote:
Merlin gave the Plaguebringer's back one last look before he took to the air as Severus and Morgana faced the incoming dragons head on. Despite having only trained together as a team for a short time, their teamwork was flawless. Severus took the lead, using his claws and spines to slash at their enemies, a whirlwind of black and green that opened up a path for them. Morgana followed in his wake, finishing off the stragglers with icy claws or bites that sapped what remaining life force they had and gave it to her instead. Merlin flew above them, alternating between healing his comrades and throwing earthen bolts that thinned out the enemy ranks. Soon enough, they were at the Repository.
Part 3 wrote:
"Should we sent Arthelia to deliver the message to the Arcanist?" Merlin asked, glancing down at the white dove sitting on his shoulder. The name apparently amused Morgana as she let out a delicate snort when she heard it.

"You best hope she doesn't get eaten on her way to the Observatory."

"She--" But Severus cut in impatiently before the two imperials could get into another one of their arguments. "No, it's best to only use her for longer distances. From this height, smoke signals should work. Give me the firestarter and some of the tail hair..."
b1FZ2Gy.gif xVg5mzi.gif qeimbdh.gif
@Wintaer
Sudoku participant, if possible. Otherwise RP should do just fine.
@Wintaer
Sudoku participant, if possible. Otherwise RP should do just fine.
My dream dragon:
i52VF.png
It's only two rp response, if you participate in the sudoku right?

If it is I am done with my submission for day 2.
I thought about using the wind sprite as a carrier pigeon. But I am the sort of person that hoard elixirs for just in case. Then I end up finishing the game with 99 unused elixirs.
It's only two rp response, if you participate in the sudoku right?

If it is I am done with my submission for day 2.
I thought about using the wind sprite as a carrier pigeon. But I am the sort of person that hoard elixirs for just in case. Then I end up finishing the game with 99 unused elixirs.
3EAoDJ5.pngcUq3mJV.gifn8WBZAl.png
@Gkj1213 Sure! I think we'll just add an extra Sudoku slot since I'm not sure if other people submitted RP samples and just didn't mention it here. Hopefully more than 29 people are participating. Thoughts anyone?

@Amphiptere I believe it is! And I'm the same way. Could have used Merlin's dove, which should return back because it's a smart bird, but I decided to play it safe and try smoke signals instead.
@Gkj1213 Sure! I think we'll just add an extra Sudoku slot since I'm not sure if other people submitted RP samples and just didn't mention it here. Hopefully more than 29 people are participating. Thoughts anyone?

@Amphiptere I believe it is! And I'm the same way. Could have used Merlin's dove, which should return back because it's a smart bird, but I decided to play it safe and try smoke signals instead.
b1FZ2Gy.gif xVg5mzi.gif qeimbdh.gif
I submitted my rp response. Not up to the quality I wanted, but whatever. :)
I submitted my rp response. Not up to the quality I wanted, but whatever. :)
Am I needed for RP response for the traps or should I count for sudoku ?:
[Edit: Never mind got it! RP response being speedtyped]
Am I needed for RP response for the traps or should I count for sudoku ?:
[Edit: Never mind got it! RP response being speedtyped]
Accents_Signature.png Badge.png Adopts_Signature.pngtumblr_nrmb749SsO1u5amk7o10_75sq.png
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 134 135