Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Welcome to The Freakshow [Private]
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Blake was taken aback when he heard her actually agree to ride on his back. He smiled and gave a quick hug before getting up himself. He walked a few steps away and dropped on all fours shifting within an instant. He shook out his fur and looked back to Alaine with warm eyes. "You do not have to say any sort of magic word. Just seeing and feeling your kindness is enough." He chuckled and walked back up to her.

He nuzzled her cheek with his snout and looked back over to the tents. "Before we go we have to go inform Dylan. I'll tell him that I am also getting supplies while we are there." He explained and led Alaine back to the tents.

He nodded to those who waved to him and ignored those who walked by him. He was friendly with everyone who was friendly to him and neutral with those who weren't. He didn't really care whether they liked him or not, he knew he was there to stay.

Coming up to Dylan's tent he saw a flushed Crystal exit and tilted his head to the side. Seeing as she knew that he was able to speak in that form he asked, "Had fun?" She just blushed darker thwacked his shoulder and walked off hurriedly. "I guess so." He chuckled and walked into the tent.

"Nice to see you having fun Dylan," He started out making Dylan glare at him, "Alaine and I are going into the city. I need to grab some supplies for Galen and a few others." He explained and Dylan agreed.

Blake walked back out and nodded to Alaine, "We are set now get on." He instructed excitedly as he lowered himself to the ground so she could get on easily. "Make sure you hold on tight and keep your body lowered. I wouldn't want you flying off now would I?" He chuckled.
Blake was taken aback when he heard her actually agree to ride on his back. He smiled and gave a quick hug before getting up himself. He walked a few steps away and dropped on all fours shifting within an instant. He shook out his fur and looked back to Alaine with warm eyes. "You do not have to say any sort of magic word. Just seeing and feeling your kindness is enough." He chuckled and walked back up to her.

He nuzzled her cheek with his snout and looked back over to the tents. "Before we go we have to go inform Dylan. I'll tell him that I am also getting supplies while we are there." He explained and led Alaine back to the tents.

He nodded to those who waved to him and ignored those who walked by him. He was friendly with everyone who was friendly to him and neutral with those who weren't. He didn't really care whether they liked him or not, he knew he was there to stay.

Coming up to Dylan's tent he saw a flushed Crystal exit and tilted his head to the side. Seeing as she knew that he was able to speak in that form he asked, "Had fun?" She just blushed darker thwacked his shoulder and walked off hurriedly. "I guess so." He chuckled and walked into the tent.

"Nice to see you having fun Dylan," He started out making Dylan glare at him, "Alaine and I are going into the city. I need to grab some supplies for Galen and a few others." He explained and Dylan agreed.

Blake walked back out and nodded to Alaine, "We are set now get on." He instructed excitedly as he lowered himself to the ground so she could get on easily. "Make sure you hold on tight and keep your body lowered. I wouldn't want you flying off now would I?" He chuckled.
Alaine giggled as Blake nuzzled her cheek, ruffling his fur and standing. “You know,” she commented, walking back to the tents with him. “If I just think about you as, like, a giant puppy, you’re not scary at all in this form.”

As they passed people she sent a smile in everyone’s direction if she made eye contact; it was the way she was raised, be polite to everyone even if they weren’t necessarily charming to you.

They neared Dylan’s tent and saw Crystal exiting; as Blake made his joke Alaine put her hands up in an innocent gesture, smiling sheepishly at the Albino Lady. She did the same to Dylan when they entered, thanking him lightly and waving bye as he sent her and Blake on their way.

Blake dropped low to the ground, instructing her how to stay on his back. She climbed on carefully, replying, “Trust me, I don’t want me flying off either.”

Settled on his back, she made sure she had a good grip and posture, commenting absently, “I’ve ridden horses before but never a wolf. This should be interesting.”

She hoped he would start off slow and give her a moment to get used to it before breaking into a full run. She really would hate to go flying out of the saddle—she’d had the experience once before, and that was enough for her.
Alaine giggled as Blake nuzzled her cheek, ruffling his fur and standing. “You know,” she commented, walking back to the tents with him. “If I just think about you as, like, a giant puppy, you’re not scary at all in this form.”

As they passed people she sent a smile in everyone’s direction if she made eye contact; it was the way she was raised, be polite to everyone even if they weren’t necessarily charming to you.

They neared Dylan’s tent and saw Crystal exiting; as Blake made his joke Alaine put her hands up in an innocent gesture, smiling sheepishly at the Albino Lady. She did the same to Dylan when they entered, thanking him lightly and waving bye as he sent her and Blake on their way.

Blake dropped low to the ground, instructing her how to stay on his back. She climbed on carefully, replying, “Trust me, I don’t want me flying off either.”

Settled on his back, she made sure she had a good grip and posture, commenting absently, “I’ve ridden horses before but never a wolf. This should be interesting.”

She hoped he would start off slow and give her a moment to get used to it before breaking into a full run. She really would hate to go flying out of the saddle—she’d had the experience once before, and that was enough for her.
Blake chuckled at her comment and got up shaking his head slightly. He knew he wasn't allowed to run in the tent areas so he took on an easy pace. He also knew that Alaine would go flying if he started out in a run. He greeted Luka and Galen as he passed and they greeted him back as well as Alaine.

Once Blake was out of the tent grounds he picked up his pace in a gradual manner. He also had to mind his shoulders and back hip. He was still sore so if he did something too strenuous to quickly his legs would end up buckling and collapsing.

By the time he made it into the forest fully he was already halfway to a full run and looked around slightly. He could feel the wind in his fur and felt alive once again, "When we are on our way back you can look at the scenery but for now we want to get there quickly." he explained and finally put himself in full throttle.

Trees whizzed past him and he had to jump a few times in which he would call to Alaine to hold on. Soon though Blake slowed his pace as they neared the city and dropped back down low so Alaine could get off.

Once Alaine was off of his back he shifted into his human form and shook out his hair. He had worn light grey jeans and a baggy black tank top with a red plaid button-up tied around his waist. "I hope I can find everything I need. Going shopping for everyone can be a pain in the *** but since I don't have a well-known face I have to do it." Blake groaned as he led her into the city.

He looked around having not been in the city before and was in awe at the number of buildings. "I am lucky I know how to navigate or we would both get hopelessly lost." He joked and smiled down to her.
Blake chuckled at her comment and got up shaking his head slightly. He knew he wasn't allowed to run in the tent areas so he took on an easy pace. He also knew that Alaine would go flying if he started out in a run. He greeted Luka and Galen as he passed and they greeted him back as well as Alaine.

Once Blake was out of the tent grounds he picked up his pace in a gradual manner. He also had to mind his shoulders and back hip. He was still sore so if he did something too strenuous to quickly his legs would end up buckling and collapsing.

By the time he made it into the forest fully he was already halfway to a full run and looked around slightly. He could feel the wind in his fur and felt alive once again, "When we are on our way back you can look at the scenery but for now we want to get there quickly." he explained and finally put himself in full throttle.

Trees whizzed past him and he had to jump a few times in which he would call to Alaine to hold on. Soon though Blake slowed his pace as they neared the city and dropped back down low so Alaine could get off.

Once Alaine was off of his back he shifted into his human form and shook out his hair. He had worn light grey jeans and a baggy black tank top with a red plaid button-up tied around his waist. "I hope I can find everything I need. Going shopping for everyone can be a pain in the *** but since I don't have a well-known face I have to do it." Blake groaned as he led her into the city.

He looked around having not been in the city before and was in awe at the number of buildings. "I am lucky I know how to navigate or we would both get hopelessly lost." He joked and smiled down to her.
Alaine hopped off Blake’s back, smiling broadly and feeling invigorated. That ride had been much more enjoyable than she’d been expecting it to be. The adrenaline made her legs a little wobbly for a moment but she quickly adjusted, shifting from one foot to another as Blake took human form again.

“I’m not much of a shopper either,” she replied with a grin. “But between the two of us I’m sure we can handle it.”

They made their way into the city and Alaine was immediately hit with a wave of noise, sights, and smells. She’d always had mixed feelings about the city, preferring the country most of the time. All the same, up until the last few months she’d found herself there often.

Quickly falling in step with Blake she agreed—he might’ve been joking, but she knew that she would definitely be lost within the hour if she’d been left to find her own way. “Yeah, I’m lucky you know how to navigate too. I’m serious, I get all mixed up in places like this. The buildings all start to look the same to me after a little while.”

She glanced around as they walked, nodding politely to people as they passed; a few returned the gesture, but others either ignored her or glared.

Ah, right, she thought, catching a few unwanted, leering looks. The charming city lowlifes. Joy.

She tried to ignore it, adjusting the red t-shirt she’d worn and shoving her hands in the pockets of her jeans.

“So, where are we headed first?” she asked Blake, trying to focus on where they were going and not the people around them. “What kind of supplies are we talking about? Snake food?”
Alaine hopped off Blake’s back, smiling broadly and feeling invigorated. That ride had been much more enjoyable than she’d been expecting it to be. The adrenaline made her legs a little wobbly for a moment but she quickly adjusted, shifting from one foot to another as Blake took human form again.

“I’m not much of a shopper either,” she replied with a grin. “But between the two of us I’m sure we can handle it.”

They made their way into the city and Alaine was immediately hit with a wave of noise, sights, and smells. She’d always had mixed feelings about the city, preferring the country most of the time. All the same, up until the last few months she’d found herself there often.

Quickly falling in step with Blake she agreed—he might’ve been joking, but she knew that she would definitely be lost within the hour if she’d been left to find her own way. “Yeah, I’m lucky you know how to navigate too. I’m serious, I get all mixed up in places like this. The buildings all start to look the same to me after a little while.”

She glanced around as they walked, nodding politely to people as they passed; a few returned the gesture, but others either ignored her or glared.

Ah, right, she thought, catching a few unwanted, leering looks. The charming city lowlifes. Joy.

She tried to ignore it, adjusting the red t-shirt she’d worn and shoving her hands in the pockets of her jeans.

“So, where are we headed first?” she asked Blake, trying to focus on where they were going and not the people around them. “What kind of supplies are we talking about? Snake food?”
Blake glared at those who passed by leering at Alaine. He even bares his fangs to one who was about to bump into her on purpose. He didn't know why some of the people here were being ******** but to him it was annoying. Soon he just let out an aggravated sigh and pulled Alaine to his side. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and kept looking forward at the leering looks.

"We'll be heading to a fabric shop first to pick up some rolls of cloth for Crystal. After that, the pet shop for Galen, trick shop for Luna, knife shop for the twins, office supply store of Dylan and I think that is it. Maybe if we have time I need to go to a store for personal matters." He listed off on his fingers.

"I believe there was a mall nearby that some of the other guys found the first day here." He remembered and looked around finally spotting the huge building with a name 'Pheonix Mall' in bright lettering. "There it is, come on." He ushered.

Soon they were in the mall and Blake looked around in awe at the sheer size of the place. There were three levels and many shops littered around. "I see the fabric store." He pointed out and led Alaine there first.

He picked out a role of royal purple, the color she was looking for to make a dress. He paid for it and they left quickly after. After about two hours he had everything he needed and sighed.

"I hate shopping so much," he groaned and sat down on a nearby bench. As he sat down he heard giggling and looked over with one eye open. He saw a group of three girls giggling and one of them was pointing in his direction. He gave them a small wave and they all started giggling and waved back.

"This looks like a scene from that of a book or movie. Don't you think?" He asked Alaine as he looked over to her with a small grin.
Blake glared at those who passed by leering at Alaine. He even bares his fangs to one who was about to bump into her on purpose. He didn't know why some of the people here were being ******** but to him it was annoying. Soon he just let out an aggravated sigh and pulled Alaine to his side. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and kept looking forward at the leering looks.

"We'll be heading to a fabric shop first to pick up some rolls of cloth for Crystal. After that, the pet shop for Galen, trick shop for Luna, knife shop for the twins, office supply store of Dylan and I think that is it. Maybe if we have time I need to go to a store for personal matters." He listed off on his fingers.

"I believe there was a mall nearby that some of the other guys found the first day here." He remembered and looked around finally spotting the huge building with a name 'Pheonix Mall' in bright lettering. "There it is, come on." He ushered.

Soon they were in the mall and Blake looked around in awe at the sheer size of the place. There were three levels and many shops littered around. "I see the fabric store." He pointed out and led Alaine there first.

He picked out a role of royal purple, the color she was looking for to make a dress. He paid for it and they left quickly after. After about two hours he had everything he needed and sighed.

"I hate shopping so much," he groaned and sat down on a nearby bench. As he sat down he heard giggling and looked over with one eye open. He saw a group of three girls giggling and one of them was pointing in his direction. He gave them a small wave and they all started giggling and waved back.

"This looks like a scene from that of a book or movie. Don't you think?" He asked Alaine as he looked over to her with a small grin.
Blake’s arm suddenly around her shoulders surprised Alaine but she appreciated it, holding her head a little higher and reminding herself to thank him sometime for looking out for her.

“Whew, sounds like a lot,” she said as he listed off everything they needed to get. “Hope we can carry all of it.”

They found the Phoenix Mall and headed inside, heading to the fabric store first. Alaine poked around, looking at the different fabrics as Blake picked out what Crystal needed. She wished she could get her mom some nice patterns—Liv had a sewing machine Todd had gotten her as a surprise a little after Lydia was born, and she loved to sew all sorts of things. Blankets, curtains, small bags, aprons, pajamas, skirts, pants...she’d made it all at one point or another. Liv hadn’t had much time or money to go pick herself out some new bolts of cloth recently, and Alaine made another mental note to buy her mother some with her first paycheck.

From the fabric store they continued on to the other shops in about the same order as Blake had listed them, though they got a little turned around once or twice. It seemed like a million years had passed when they finally finished, though a look at one of the clocks displayed here and there showed only two hours had gone by.

Blake found an unoccupied bench and sat down with a groan; Alaine joined him, leaning back and agreeing, “Me too, I’m worn out. You guys should come up with a better shopping system. Like have your stuff delivered or something.”

She heard the giggling and glanced over a second after Blake, resisting the urge to roll her eyes at the girls staring at him. He waved over at the trio and they broke into a new wave of giggles; that time Alaine did roll her eyes, plopping back against the bench and groaning, “Ugh, don’t encourage them. Girls in this city are mean.”

She closed her eyes, pushing a few loose strands of hair out of her face before responding to his question. “Well, I guess so...”

She laughed lightly, opening her eyes and looking after at him with a smile. “Honestly the last couple of days have been like something out of a book or a movie—at least for me. I’ve never had so much excitement and drama before, unless you count the ice machine breaking at the last fast food place I worked at. Gosh, that was awesome. Ice was everywhere. One of my coworkers cried. I got to go home early.”

Leaning forward a little she glanced at the three girls again then sat quickly back once more, looking elsewhere with a small huff.
Blake’s arm suddenly around her shoulders surprised Alaine but she appreciated it, holding her head a little higher and reminding herself to thank him sometime for looking out for her.

“Whew, sounds like a lot,” she said as he listed off everything they needed to get. “Hope we can carry all of it.”

They found the Phoenix Mall and headed inside, heading to the fabric store first. Alaine poked around, looking at the different fabrics as Blake picked out what Crystal needed. She wished she could get her mom some nice patterns—Liv had a sewing machine Todd had gotten her as a surprise a little after Lydia was born, and she loved to sew all sorts of things. Blankets, curtains, small bags, aprons, pajamas, skirts, pants...she’d made it all at one point or another. Liv hadn’t had much time or money to go pick herself out some new bolts of cloth recently, and Alaine made another mental note to buy her mother some with her first paycheck.

From the fabric store they continued on to the other shops in about the same order as Blake had listed them, though they got a little turned around once or twice. It seemed like a million years had passed when they finally finished, though a look at one of the clocks displayed here and there showed only two hours had gone by.

Blake found an unoccupied bench and sat down with a groan; Alaine joined him, leaning back and agreeing, “Me too, I’m worn out. You guys should come up with a better shopping system. Like have your stuff delivered or something.”

She heard the giggling and glanced over a second after Blake, resisting the urge to roll her eyes at the girls staring at him. He waved over at the trio and they broke into a new wave of giggles; that time Alaine did roll her eyes, plopping back against the bench and groaning, “Ugh, don’t encourage them. Girls in this city are mean.”

She closed her eyes, pushing a few loose strands of hair out of her face before responding to his question. “Well, I guess so...”

She laughed lightly, opening her eyes and looking after at him with a smile. “Honestly the last couple of days have been like something out of a book or a movie—at least for me. I’ve never had so much excitement and drama before, unless you count the ice machine breaking at the last fast food place I worked at. Gosh, that was awesome. Ice was everywhere. One of my coworkers cried. I got to go home early.”

Leaning forward a little she glanced at the three girls again then sat quickly back once more, looking elsewhere with a small huff.
Blake smiled down to her but noticed the sullen look in her eyes. He looked over to the girls and sighed before looking back to Alaine. "Don't worry 'Laine. They have nothing over me as you do." He whispered and nuzzled his head into the crook of her neck like he would in his wolf form.

He stole a glance back over to the girls and saw them glaring at Alaine. Mean, huh? I think more on the lines of sinister. He thought to himself and finally got up from where he was sitting. He stretched his arms popping his shoulders then cracking his neck. He picked up the bags again and motioned for Alaine to get up.

"Let's go pick up some lunch. I'll be paying plus I think I may have enough to get you something you want." He promised and walked in step with her to the food court. He kept a close eye on Alaine knowing that she had a pretty good scene of how some of the city folk were. The last thing he needed was a feral spat to come to light. It had happened before and Dylan was not too happy with him.

Once they got to the food court Blake set everything down at an empty table and looked around at all the food stalls. "What would you like to eat? I think I'm going to get a burger for myself." He concluding crossing his arms over his chest with a childish nod to go with it.

Blake, although not noticeable, kept his guard up. He was in a new place and more times than once did he see the eyes of predators look their way. He felt like something was off and needed to be careful yet seem casual enough not to alarm Alaine of mall security.

"Oh, and before I go, Dylan meant for me to give this to you. He wants you to keep it on you at all times." Blake stated and slipped into her hand a switchblade. "It is for your safety. Even if you do not use it I would feel better for you to have it on you. There is a button the side releasing the blade. Be careful." He instructed.
Blake smiled down to her but noticed the sullen look in her eyes. He looked over to the girls and sighed before looking back to Alaine. "Don't worry 'Laine. They have nothing over me as you do." He whispered and nuzzled his head into the crook of her neck like he would in his wolf form.

He stole a glance back over to the girls and saw them glaring at Alaine. Mean, huh? I think more on the lines of sinister. He thought to himself and finally got up from where he was sitting. He stretched his arms popping his shoulders then cracking his neck. He picked up the bags again and motioned for Alaine to get up.

"Let's go pick up some lunch. I'll be paying plus I think I may have enough to get you something you want." He promised and walked in step with her to the food court. He kept a close eye on Alaine knowing that she had a pretty good scene of how some of the city folk were. The last thing he needed was a feral spat to come to light. It had happened before and Dylan was not too happy with him.

Once they got to the food court Blake set everything down at an empty table and looked around at all the food stalls. "What would you like to eat? I think I'm going to get a burger for myself." He concluding crossing his arms over his chest with a childish nod to go with it.

Blake, although not noticeable, kept his guard up. He was in a new place and more times than once did he see the eyes of predators look their way. He felt like something was off and needed to be careful yet seem casual enough not to alarm Alaine of mall security.

"Oh, and before I go, Dylan meant for me to give this to you. He wants you to keep it on you at all times." Blake stated and slipped into her hand a switchblade. "It is for your safety. Even if you do not use it I would feel better for you to have it on you. There is a button the side releasing the blade. Be careful." He instructed.
Alaine laughed a little, blushing and whispering back, “Sorry. Guess I’m not immune to feeling a little jealous.”

As they stood she agreed, “I could go for some lunch—but you don’t have to get me anything.”

She waved a hand at him dismissively, grinning and adding, “Just let me walk around in the art supplies department and stare at sketchbooks for a little while and I’ll be happy.”

They reached the food court and she looked around, humming in thought for a moment. She stretched her arms absently, finally deciding, “I guess just get me a burger, too. Or—make that a cheeseburger.”

She scanned the area casually, used to casting a glance about from time to time to take a note of her surroundings. Though she wasn’t usually on the defensive, she liked to try and be observant. Her father always encouraged her to do so. The only time she was ever really on guard was when Lydia was with her.

Alaine looked over at Blake as he spoke, looking down in surprise at the switchblade he handed her. “Oh—well thank you,” she said, studying the blade as she turned it over in her hand. “To you and Dylan both.”

She grinned slightly as his cautioning, not bothering to mention she had a switchblade of her own at home. She always forgot to carry if with her though, so she appreciated that someone else had thought of it. She'd make extra sure to keep this one with her at all times.

“I’ll be careful,” she promised, slipping the knife in her pocket and looking back down at their purchases. “Go ahead and get our lunch, I’ll guard the goods.”

She spread an arm out over the bags in mock vigilance, adding jokingly, “Guarding groceries is my specialty.”
Alaine laughed a little, blushing and whispering back, “Sorry. Guess I’m not immune to feeling a little jealous.”

As they stood she agreed, “I could go for some lunch—but you don’t have to get me anything.”

She waved a hand at him dismissively, grinning and adding, “Just let me walk around in the art supplies department and stare at sketchbooks for a little while and I’ll be happy.”

They reached the food court and she looked around, humming in thought for a moment. She stretched her arms absently, finally deciding, “I guess just get me a burger, too. Or—make that a cheeseburger.”

She scanned the area casually, used to casting a glance about from time to time to take a note of her surroundings. Though she wasn’t usually on the defensive, she liked to try and be observant. Her father always encouraged her to do so. The only time she was ever really on guard was when Lydia was with her.

Alaine looked over at Blake as he spoke, looking down in surprise at the switchblade he handed her. “Oh—well thank you,” she said, studying the blade as she turned it over in her hand. “To you and Dylan both.”

She grinned slightly as his cautioning, not bothering to mention she had a switchblade of her own at home. She always forgot to carry if with her though, so she appreciated that someone else had thought of it. She'd make extra sure to keep this one with her at all times.

“I’ll be careful,” she promised, slipping the knife in her pocket and looking back down at their purchases. “Go ahead and get our lunch, I’ll guard the goods.”

She spread an arm out over the bags in mock vigilance, adding jokingly, “Guarding groceries is my specialty.”
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11