Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Welcome to The Freakshow [Private]
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Blake greeted some of the workers as they passed by with simple nods and waves. "Alright, you two this where I branch off I need to go see if Galen is on schedule." Luka smiled and clapped Blake on the back before heading off. Blake rubbed his back where she hit him with a groan.

"She hits like a guy." He grumbled and let Alaine to where Dylon would be. "Hey, Dylan I brought Alaine with-Get A Room!" He cried out when he saw Crystal and Dylan locking lips. Both of them jumped apart and Dylan glared at him while Crystal looked away with a blush.

"Blake what the hell!" Dylan called back and walked up to him with an embarrassed glare. He sobered up when he saw Alaine and looked away adjusting his collar.

"I was just coming to say I brought Alaine as you wanted. So what do you have in store for her?" He asked crossing his arms over his chest.

"Right, thank you." He sighed and looked over to Alaine, "Today is going to be easy for you so don't worry. Today I just want you to greet the show people as the exit and see if they would like water. Crystal will be with you as she is going up first." He explained.

He showed them where they were going to be and there were already a ton of show people milling about getting ready for the show. A lot of them stopped when they saw Blake walk in with Alaine. He raised an eyebrow to them, daring them to speak out but none did.

"Blake you'll be going on last. The selected member campaign did very well so I think we'll be doing that again." Dylan suggested and Blake nodded. He didn't really like the idea but if it made things go smoother then he would.

"Do you think I could pick this time. Maybe say that 'For this show, we are going to let The Shadow Wolf pick who rides on his back.' or something like that?" He asked. He didn't want someone cruel on his and he feared kids pulling on his fur or worse his ears.

"Yeah, I think that would be good." Dylan agreed and looked to his watch, "Well it's showtime gotta go." He chirped and as he opened the curtains Blake saw the lights out. The signature entrance.

"Well, it looks like I'll have my work cut out for me huh?" He asked with a chuckled.
Blake greeted some of the workers as they passed by with simple nods and waves. "Alright, you two this where I branch off I need to go see if Galen is on schedule." Luka smiled and clapped Blake on the back before heading off. Blake rubbed his back where she hit him with a groan.

"She hits like a guy." He grumbled and let Alaine to where Dylon would be. "Hey, Dylan I brought Alaine with-Get A Room!" He cried out when he saw Crystal and Dylan locking lips. Both of them jumped apart and Dylan glared at him while Crystal looked away with a blush.

"Blake what the hell!" Dylan called back and walked up to him with an embarrassed glare. He sobered up when he saw Alaine and looked away adjusting his collar.

"I was just coming to say I brought Alaine as you wanted. So what do you have in store for her?" He asked crossing his arms over his chest.

"Right, thank you." He sighed and looked over to Alaine, "Today is going to be easy for you so don't worry. Today I just want you to greet the show people as the exit and see if they would like water. Crystal will be with you as she is going up first." He explained.

He showed them where they were going to be and there were already a ton of show people milling about getting ready for the show. A lot of them stopped when they saw Blake walk in with Alaine. He raised an eyebrow to them, daring them to speak out but none did.

"Blake you'll be going on last. The selected member campaign did very well so I think we'll be doing that again." Dylan suggested and Blake nodded. He didn't really like the idea but if it made things go smoother then he would.

"Do you think I could pick this time. Maybe say that 'For this show, we are going to let The Shadow Wolf pick who rides on his back.' or something like that?" He asked. He didn't want someone cruel on his and he feared kids pulling on his fur or worse his ears.

"Yeah, I think that would be good." Dylan agreed and looked to his watch, "Well it's showtime gotta go." He chirped and as he opened the curtains Blake saw the lights out. The signature entrance.

"Well, it looks like I'll have my work cut out for me huh?" He asked with a chuckled.
Alaine was probably blushing as hard as Dylan and Crystal were, even though she was rooting for the two of them. She wondered if they often got walked in on like that—she assumed they did, because walking in on people unexpectedly seemed to be Blake’s signature move.

Trying to keep from grinning she nodded promptly at Dylan’s instructions. Greet them and see if they want water. That’s not so hard.

Herded along to the main tent, Blake's presence at her side kept her from noticing anyone's curious stares. She eventually found herself in the place she’d been yesterday when she’d first seen Blake and Dylan; trying to ignore the memory she moved over next to Blake, leaning around him to peek out past the curtains. She liked his suggestion to Dylan that he pick his own rider, nodding absently in agreement as O’Connor checked his watch.

“Well, it’s showtime, gotta go,” he announced, opening the curtains.

The tent beyond was dark, but Alaine could faintly see the stands full of people and hear the crowd’s murmur.

“Lots of options to choose from,” she mused as O’Connor walked out. “Seems like a hundred times more when you’re down here instead of sitting out there with them.”

Stepping back from the curtains she looked over at Crystal and smiled, asking lightly, “Need some water before you go out?”

She’d forgotten the exact order of the show’s performances, but as it seemed to change habitually, depending on circumstance, she figured she’d just know as it happened. At least she knew some of the performers already, so she could greet a few of them by name. But where as she supposed to get water from, anyway?
Alaine was probably blushing as hard as Dylan and Crystal were, even though she was rooting for the two of them. She wondered if they often got walked in on like that—she assumed they did, because walking in on people unexpectedly seemed to be Blake’s signature move.

Trying to keep from grinning she nodded promptly at Dylan’s instructions. Greet them and see if they want water. That’s not so hard.

Herded along to the main tent, Blake's presence at her side kept her from noticing anyone's curious stares. She eventually found herself in the place she’d been yesterday when she’d first seen Blake and Dylan; trying to ignore the memory she moved over next to Blake, leaning around him to peek out past the curtains. She liked his suggestion to Dylan that he pick his own rider, nodding absently in agreement as O’Connor checked his watch.

“Well, it’s showtime, gotta go,” he announced, opening the curtains.

The tent beyond was dark, but Alaine could faintly see the stands full of people and hear the crowd’s murmur.

“Lots of options to choose from,” she mused as O’Connor walked out. “Seems like a hundred times more when you’re down here instead of sitting out there with them.”

Stepping back from the curtains she looked over at Crystal and smiled, asking lightly, “Need some water before you go out?”

She’d forgotten the exact order of the show’s performances, but as it seemed to change habitually, depending on circumstance, she figured she’d just know as it happened. At least she knew some of the performers already, so she could greet a few of them by name. But where as she supposed to get water from, anyway?
Blake smiled at how comfortable Alaine seemed be be when she was with him or Crystal. It may have not been much for her but for him it felt like a breath of fresh air. He noticed that no one brought in the water crates and sighed. "I'll go grab the water crates. Wait here for a moment." announced as Alaine was with Crystal.

He knew no one would hurt her when she is a worker but he still had his doubts when it came to a certain few. He found the crates in the back of the tent and grabbed one. He looked around seeing people milling around laughing and smiling, that alone was enough to make him smile. Though nothing with him lasted to long when he saw a glimpse of Salvatore among the sea of faces.

His eyes widened and he hurried the crate back into the tent. Crystal was already in the main tent doing what she did the best, dance. He dropped the crate by the exit and pried it open. "There you go, water bottles to give to the leaving acts." he smiled and sat down by the crate.

He could hear the music, powerful and fast paced. Crystal was a belly dancer and very good one at that. He loved seeing her dance and practice though she was embarrassed by his stares when he did watch. "She is quite the dancer when she forgets that people are watching her.' he smiled.

"So if you were in a show like this, what would you do or what would you want to do?" he asked looking up to Alaine. "Cause to me from how you handle yourself you could be an animal handler or maybe a dancer." He complimented.

"Maybe if you ever joined me in the show we could do a dance together. I could show you how much fun it is to perform if you are up to it." He suggested looking up with warm golden eyes.
Blake smiled at how comfortable Alaine seemed be be when she was with him or Crystal. It may have not been much for her but for him it felt like a breath of fresh air. He noticed that no one brought in the water crates and sighed. "I'll go grab the water crates. Wait here for a moment." announced as Alaine was with Crystal.

He knew no one would hurt her when she is a worker but he still had his doubts when it came to a certain few. He found the crates in the back of the tent and grabbed one. He looked around seeing people milling around laughing and smiling, that alone was enough to make him smile. Though nothing with him lasted to long when he saw a glimpse of Salvatore among the sea of faces.

His eyes widened and he hurried the crate back into the tent. Crystal was already in the main tent doing what she did the best, dance. He dropped the crate by the exit and pried it open. "There you go, water bottles to give to the leaving acts." he smiled and sat down by the crate.

He could hear the music, powerful and fast paced. Crystal was a belly dancer and very good one at that. He loved seeing her dance and practice though she was embarrassed by his stares when he did watch. "She is quite the dancer when she forgets that people are watching her.' he smiled.

"So if you were in a show like this, what would you do or what would you want to do?" he asked looking up to Alaine. "Cause to me from how you handle yourself you could be an animal handler or maybe a dancer." He complimented.

"Maybe if you ever joined me in the show we could do a dance together. I could show you how much fun it is to perform if you are up to it." He suggested looking up with warm golden eyes.
Alaine called a thanks after Blake as he went to get the water, turning to watch Crystal as she headed out to perform. The Albino Lady wasn’t only beautiful, but an amazing dancer. It was almost hypnotizing to watch. She seemed so sure of herself; Alaine often acted confident like that, but she wasn’t sure she always felt it.

Blake dropping the crate nearby jolted her out of her thoughts and she looked back over her shoulder, spotting the water as he pried the lid off the crate for her. “Oh, thanks,” she said, moving over to stand by the crate. In response to his comment about Crystal she nodded, agreeing, “She is—Lydia loved her performance yesterday. She’s so graceful.”

She looked around at the other performers waiting around, absently listening to Blake’s question until he mentioned her performing and even dancing.

“Oh, goodness,” she exclaimed, looking over at him where he sat. “Me, dance?” She laughed, shaking her head slightly. “I don’t know, I’m not typically very good at keeping a rhythm. Lydia would gladly take you up on the offer, though!”

She paused, thinking about it a moment more and crossing her arms absently; rocking back on her heels she mused, “I mean, it looks fun...and I suppose if I was doing it with you and not by myself...”

She trailed off, grinning in embarrassment at the thought and shaking her head again. Moving over to the curtain again she peeked out at the crowd, asking over her shoulder to Blake, “Seen anyone you might consider asking to join you for your act?”

Smirking a little she teased, pointing to some random guy out in the stands, “How about him? He’s cute, maybe he’d come back here after the show and I could get his number.”
Alaine called a thanks after Blake as he went to get the water, turning to watch Crystal as she headed out to perform. The Albino Lady wasn’t only beautiful, but an amazing dancer. It was almost hypnotizing to watch. She seemed so sure of herself; Alaine often acted confident like that, but she wasn’t sure she always felt it.

Blake dropping the crate nearby jolted her out of her thoughts and she looked back over her shoulder, spotting the water as he pried the lid off the crate for her. “Oh, thanks,” she said, moving over to stand by the crate. In response to his comment about Crystal she nodded, agreeing, “She is—Lydia loved her performance yesterday. She’s so graceful.”

She looked around at the other performers waiting around, absently listening to Blake’s question until he mentioned her performing and even dancing.

“Oh, goodness,” she exclaimed, looking over at him where he sat. “Me, dance?” She laughed, shaking her head slightly. “I don’t know, I’m not typically very good at keeping a rhythm. Lydia would gladly take you up on the offer, though!”

She paused, thinking about it a moment more and crossing her arms absently; rocking back on her heels she mused, “I mean, it looks fun...and I suppose if I was doing it with you and not by myself...”

She trailed off, grinning in embarrassment at the thought and shaking her head again. Moving over to the curtain again she peeked out at the crowd, asking over her shoulder to Blake, “Seen anyone you might consider asking to join you for your act?”

Smirking a little she teased, pointing to some random guy out in the stands, “How about him? He’s cute, maybe he’d come back here after the show and I could get his number.”
"Crystal has been dancing since she was a little kid according to Dylan. She loved it and with her looks, she was always compared to that of a fairy." He chuckled watching through the curtains how she moved. "Your sister, what does she think of you working here?" He asked curiously, "I wouldn't have been surprised if she was attached to your ankle." He laughed.

"And you should be more confident in your abilities. Though I have yet to see what you can do I believe with some practice you can wow an audience. Plus with me, you don't have to worry about being alone." He smiled and got up from where he was sitting. He stood next to her and looked through the curtains as she did.

When she pointed at a guy he followed her finger, when his eyes caught on the guy she was referring to he could see where his eyes followed. "I don't know what you are talking about. I am way better looking than that guy. Plus I think he is to enchanted by the way Crystal is dancing." He grumbled.

He looked away from the guy with a put on his face, he didn't know why he was pouting but he didn't like the fact that Alaine wanted his number. "Plus I don't think the reason he would give you his number is anything short of innocent," he added thinking of how he looked at Crystal. He shuttered in disgust before he heard the audience roar to life with applause.

"Seems like she's done." He pointed out as she walked through the curtain breathing heavily. "You good there Crystal?" He asked.

"I'm fine. That dance was fun but it took a lot out of me." She laughed and went over to Alaine for some water. "Looks like the silk dancers are next with the fire twirlers." She pointed out seeing Luka go inside.

"I swear, Luka dresses like something worse than a silk dancer. We didn't put her out there for fan service." Blake sighed placing his hand over his eyes.

"Sounds like you are becoming more and more like a brother to her you know." Crystal pointed out after drinking some water.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. I just don't want some ******* to try and hit on her," He brushed off and watched the show unfold.
"Crystal has been dancing since she was a little kid according to Dylan. She loved it and with her looks, she was always compared to that of a fairy." He chuckled watching through the curtains how she moved. "Your sister, what does she think of you working here?" He asked curiously, "I wouldn't have been surprised if she was attached to your ankle." He laughed.

"And you should be more confident in your abilities. Though I have yet to see what you can do I believe with some practice you can wow an audience. Plus with me, you don't have to worry about being alone." He smiled and got up from where he was sitting. He stood next to her and looked through the curtains as she did.

When she pointed at a guy he followed her finger, when his eyes caught on the guy she was referring to he could see where his eyes followed. "I don't know what you are talking about. I am way better looking than that guy. Plus I think he is to enchanted by the way Crystal is dancing." He grumbled.

He looked away from the guy with a put on his face, he didn't know why he was pouting but he didn't like the fact that Alaine wanted his number. "Plus I don't think the reason he would give you his number is anything short of innocent," he added thinking of how he looked at Crystal. He shuttered in disgust before he heard the audience roar to life with applause.

"Seems like she's done." He pointed out as she walked through the curtain breathing heavily. "You good there Crystal?" He asked.

"I'm fine. That dance was fun but it took a lot out of me." She laughed and went over to Alaine for some water. "Looks like the silk dancers are next with the fire twirlers." She pointed out seeing Luka go inside.

"I swear, Luka dresses like something worse than a silk dancer. We didn't put her out there for fan service." Blake sighed placing his hand over his eyes.

"Sounds like you are becoming more and more like a brother to her you know." Crystal pointed out after drinking some water.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. I just don't want some ******* to try and hit on her," He brushed off and watched the show unfold.
“Oh, I’m joking, silly,” Alaine laughed, swatting Blake’s arm lightly. “I don’t want some random guy’s number! And don’t worry, I think your black hair looks much better than his blond.”

Frowning a little she added, “I’ve dealt with guys like that before, anyway. They only mess with you for a little while, and if you keep your foot down they’ll leave you alone. Eventually.”

Leaning back she looked over at Blake, thinking for a moment before admitting, “I actually didn’t tell Lydia yet—I told her this morning that I was going to go try for a job, but I didn’t say where. Because honestly you’re right, she’s practically glued to me most days. If I’d told her where I was going she would have stowed away in the truck and come with me.”

Lydia would be more than excited when she finally found out about Alaine’s new job. Hopefully Dylan wouldn’t mind his new employee’s little sister hanging around from time to time. Her parents would probably want to come around eventually, too, if not to see the show then just to see what exactly their daughter was doing working at a freakshow.

As Crystal came back Alaine hurried over to the crate, retrieving a bottle of water and congratulating her on her performance. They watched the silk dancers go by and Alaine had to agree with Blake about their costumes—pretty, but definitely a bit revealing. Her mom would have something to say about that if she saw it.

Moving back over to stand by Blake she continued to watch the show and the crowd beyond, letting all the music and the voices and the lights wash over her. Normally so much activity might have left her head spinning, but as long as she had Blake to stand next to she realized she didn’t mind so much.

“When does Galen go on?” she asked, glancing around to see if she could spot the snake-charmer.
“Oh, I’m joking, silly,” Alaine laughed, swatting Blake’s arm lightly. “I don’t want some random guy’s number! And don’t worry, I think your black hair looks much better than his blond.”

Frowning a little she added, “I’ve dealt with guys like that before, anyway. They only mess with you for a little while, and if you keep your foot down they’ll leave you alone. Eventually.”

Leaning back she looked over at Blake, thinking for a moment before admitting, “I actually didn’t tell Lydia yet—I told her this morning that I was going to go try for a job, but I didn’t say where. Because honestly you’re right, she’s practically glued to me most days. If I’d told her where I was going she would have stowed away in the truck and come with me.”

Lydia would be more than excited when she finally found out about Alaine’s new job. Hopefully Dylan wouldn’t mind his new employee’s little sister hanging around from time to time. Her parents would probably want to come around eventually, too, if not to see the show then just to see what exactly their daughter was doing working at a freakshow.

As Crystal came back Alaine hurried over to the crate, retrieving a bottle of water and congratulating her on her performance. They watched the silk dancers go by and Alaine had to agree with Blake about their costumes—pretty, but definitely a bit revealing. Her mom would have something to say about that if she saw it.

Moving back over to stand by Blake she continued to watch the show and the crowd beyond, letting all the music and the voices and the lights wash over her. Normally so much activity might have left her head spinning, but as long as she had Blake to stand next to she realized she didn’t mind so much.

“When does Galen go on?” she asked, glancing around to see if she could spot the snake-charmer.
Blake smiled down to her when he felt her swat his arm and feigned hurt, "You hurt me, Alaine. I must not be worth your jokes anymore," He sighed dramatically and placed the back of his hand on his forehead leaning back. Crystal laughed at his antics and he joined in soon after.

"I have dealt with girls like that before as well. Being in my human form does come with advantages and disadvantages. My good looks are one of the very many disadvantages. I get noticed easily and girls literally drool over me. Trust me I have seen it." He chuckled looking back.

"But don't worry now that you are with me if any guy tries to pursue you and won't back off I'll get him to back down." He proclaimed with a smug look.

"You are like a guard dog," Crystal snickered and Blake glared at her.

"And you are like a vixen," he shot back making her glare back at him.

"Oh and Galen goes on next. I think today he is doing the snake dance. It's a really cool act where he uses the flute to have have the snakes dance around him. He joins in as well which is quite striking. I remember the first time I saw it I thought he was a girl." He laughed. Crystal agreed on that note.

"And if you are trying to find him I'd give up. This act starts him somewhere else. You'll see." He beamed and snapped his gaze over to where the curtains were. He thought he saw someone peering in but it could have been his imagination.

His thoughts were brought back by the applause and he smiled seeing Luka walk in with a look of accomplishment. "Good job out there Lu." He praised and she nodded looking slightly out of breath.
Blake smiled down to her when he felt her swat his arm and feigned hurt, "You hurt me, Alaine. I must not be worth your jokes anymore," He sighed dramatically and placed the back of his hand on his forehead leaning back. Crystal laughed at his antics and he joined in soon after.

"I have dealt with girls like that before as well. Being in my human form does come with advantages and disadvantages. My good looks are one of the very many disadvantages. I get noticed easily and girls literally drool over me. Trust me I have seen it." He chuckled looking back.

"But don't worry now that you are with me if any guy tries to pursue you and won't back off I'll get him to back down." He proclaimed with a smug look.

"You are like a guard dog," Crystal snickered and Blake glared at her.

"And you are like a vixen," he shot back making her glare back at him.

"Oh and Galen goes on next. I think today he is doing the snake dance. It's a really cool act where he uses the flute to have have the snakes dance around him. He joins in as well which is quite striking. I remember the first time I saw it I thought he was a girl." He laughed. Crystal agreed on that note.

"And if you are trying to find him I'd give up. This act starts him somewhere else. You'll see." He beamed and snapped his gaze over to where the curtains were. He thought he saw someone peering in but it could have been his imagination.

His thoughts were brought back by the applause and he smiled seeing Luka walk in with a look of accomplishment. "Good job out there Lu." He praised and she nodded looking slightly out of breath.
“Oh, such a burden,” Alaine snorted as Blake declared his good looks often had girls drooling over him. “You poor thing.”

Somehow the idea of a bunch of girls swooning over him was annoying—but she supposed she deserved it, teasing him about the guy in the audience. She had to admit Blake wasn’t wrong about his attractiveness, though.

Realizing what she was thinking she blushed subconsciously, focusing on trying to spot Galen until it was explained he started his act elsewhere.

Luka returned, the crowd roaring behind her; Alaine scrambled to pass out more water bottles, again congratulating her and the other silk dancers on their performance. Despite Blake’s warning about the tendency to be sore after trying it, silk dancing looked fun. She wasn’t so sure about the outfits, however.

Moving back to Blake once more she watched as Galen’s act started, trying to imagine not knowing the redhead beforehand and wondering if it was possible to mistake him for a girl. It was the sort of thing her dad would do, for sure, and he’d done it before on several occasions.

Somehow, as she watched, she got the odd feeling of being watched; but there were so many people present she doubted anyone really was looking. She tried to push the strange sensation away, focusing on the performance.
“Oh, such a burden,” Alaine snorted as Blake declared his good looks often had girls drooling over him. “You poor thing.”

Somehow the idea of a bunch of girls swooning over him was annoying—but she supposed she deserved it, teasing him about the guy in the audience. She had to admit Blake wasn’t wrong about his attractiveness, though.

Realizing what she was thinking she blushed subconsciously, focusing on trying to spot Galen until it was explained he started his act elsewhere.

Luka returned, the crowd roaring behind her; Alaine scrambled to pass out more water bottles, again congratulating her and the other silk dancers on their performance. Despite Blake’s warning about the tendency to be sore after trying it, silk dancing looked fun. She wasn’t so sure about the outfits, however.

Moving back to Blake once more she watched as Galen’s act started, trying to imagine not knowing the redhead beforehand and wondering if it was possible to mistake him for a girl. It was the sort of thing her dad would do, for sure, and he’d done it before on several occasions.

Somehow, as she watched, she got the odd feeling of being watched; but there were so many people present she doubted anyone really was looking. She tried to push the strange sensation away, focusing on the performance.
Blake watched Galen as he did his performance. The snakes were hypnotized by his music and the audience was hypnotized by his snake-like movements. When he opened his eyes in the direction of Blake, Blake could see the snake eye lenses he used in his acts. They were golden and looked like cat eyes to him but to Galen, they were snake eyes.

The end of his dance ended with his main snake, Hebi, around his torso and his shoulders. The top of her head was placed against his forehead and they had their eyes closed. It was the final move of trust. After the music stopped the audience was silent for a moment more before going into a clapping frenzy.

Galen waved to them and picked up his snakes before heading to them. He smiled and walked over to Alaine for water. "And for the last act of tonight, we have The Shadow Wolf. Since the first night went so great with his getting a random rider we will be doing that again tonight. Though this time he will be choosing the lucky audience member." Dylan announced enthusiastically.

Blake took a deep breath and quickly shifted into his wolf form. Crystal gave him a sympathetic look as she attacked his chain around his neck. The chain was to keep the audience calm, a reassurance that he was tamed.

The lights went out and he stepped out into the darkness. When he was next to Dylan the lights flashed back on. Everyone looked at him in awe, due to his size and the fact that he was real.

Soon people were calling out to him, telling him to pick them as he walked around. Soon his eyes laid upon a pair of kids. They looked scared of him but they also look genuinely curious about him. He slowly walked up to them, making sure not to scare them.

Even their parents looked nervous as he stopped in front of them. "It looks as though he has chosen his rider or in this case his riders. Congratulations." Dylan cheered.

The ride had progressed somewhat the same as the first but he never ran. He could feel one of the kids slightly trembling on his back so he knew not to overdo the ride. After four laps he stopped and the other workers helped the kids off. They both hugged his legs and he nuzzled their faces.

"Well, that's it, folks. I hope to see you all again whether it be later tonight or on a different day. And do not forget the full moon is coming soon meaning we will be having a special show of The Shadow Wolf howling." He announced.

Blake walked out of the ring with Dylan and as soon as he was out of sight shifted into his half form. He shook his hair out and cracked some of his stiff joints. "I think I scared those kids a bit." He mumbled sheepishly.
Blake watched Galen as he did his performance. The snakes were hypnotized by his music and the audience was hypnotized by his snake-like movements. When he opened his eyes in the direction of Blake, Blake could see the snake eye lenses he used in his acts. They were golden and looked like cat eyes to him but to Galen, they were snake eyes.

The end of his dance ended with his main snake, Hebi, around his torso and his shoulders. The top of her head was placed against his forehead and they had their eyes closed. It was the final move of trust. After the music stopped the audience was silent for a moment more before going into a clapping frenzy.

Galen waved to them and picked up his snakes before heading to them. He smiled and walked over to Alaine for water. "And for the last act of tonight, we have The Shadow Wolf. Since the first night went so great with his getting a random rider we will be doing that again tonight. Though this time he will be choosing the lucky audience member." Dylan announced enthusiastically.

Blake took a deep breath and quickly shifted into his wolf form. Crystal gave him a sympathetic look as she attacked his chain around his neck. The chain was to keep the audience calm, a reassurance that he was tamed.

The lights went out and he stepped out into the darkness. When he was next to Dylan the lights flashed back on. Everyone looked at him in awe, due to his size and the fact that he was real.

Soon people were calling out to him, telling him to pick them as he walked around. Soon his eyes laid upon a pair of kids. They looked scared of him but they also look genuinely curious about him. He slowly walked up to them, making sure not to scare them.

Even their parents looked nervous as he stopped in front of them. "It looks as though he has chosen his rider or in this case his riders. Congratulations." Dylan cheered.

The ride had progressed somewhat the same as the first but he never ran. He could feel one of the kids slightly trembling on his back so he knew not to overdo the ride. After four laps he stopped and the other workers helped the kids off. They both hugged his legs and he nuzzled their faces.

"Well, that's it, folks. I hope to see you all again whether it be later tonight or on a different day. And do not forget the full moon is coming soon meaning we will be having a special show of The Shadow Wolf howling." He announced.

Blake walked out of the ring with Dylan and as soon as he was out of sight shifted into his half form. He shook his hair out and cracked some of his stiff joints. "I think I scared those kids a bit." He mumbled sheepishly.
Galen’s act was just as mesmerizing as Crystal’s dance had been; Alaine watched with awe at the snakes’ movements and Galen’s calm, rhythmic gestures.

The final move of trust ended the performance and Alaine hurried to fetch the snake-charmer some water, congratulating, “That was amazing, Galen!”

She shot a smile at the snakes, adding, “You guys were wonderful too.”

Dylan’s announcement out in the ring caught her attention, and she looked over as he announced the Shadow Wolf’s act and choosing of a rider. Blake shifted into his wolf form, and before Crystal put the chain and collar on him Alaine ran over, giving him a quick pet on the head and exclaiming, “Good luck!”

She watched as the wolf headed out into the ring in the dark, listening to the crowd’s exclamations of surprise and awe when the lights came back on. Smiling softly, she followed Blake’s canine form as he moved around, observing the crowd; some of them called out to be chosen, a few just sat quietly and watched.

When he stopped in front of a pair of siblings she gave a small nod of approval, noting the kids’ nervous but inquisitive expressions. The two bounced a little on his back as he trotted around the ring, but they looked like they were enjoying themselves. Finally they were helped off and returned to their parents; Dylan ended the show amid an uproarious applause, then he and Blake left the ring.

Alaine offered them both a water, grinning at Blake’s comment and replying, “Oh, maybe they were a little scared at first, but I think they enjoyed it. I don’t know if you saw but one of them even waved at their parents that last lap.”
Galen’s act was just as mesmerizing as Crystal’s dance had been; Alaine watched with awe at the snakes’ movements and Galen’s calm, rhythmic gestures.

The final move of trust ended the performance and Alaine hurried to fetch the snake-charmer some water, congratulating, “That was amazing, Galen!”

She shot a smile at the snakes, adding, “You guys were wonderful too.”

Dylan’s announcement out in the ring caught her attention, and she looked over as he announced the Shadow Wolf’s act and choosing of a rider. Blake shifted into his wolf form, and before Crystal put the chain and collar on him Alaine ran over, giving him a quick pet on the head and exclaiming, “Good luck!”

She watched as the wolf headed out into the ring in the dark, listening to the crowd’s exclamations of surprise and awe when the lights came back on. Smiling softly, she followed Blake’s canine form as he moved around, observing the crowd; some of them called out to be chosen, a few just sat quietly and watched.

When he stopped in front of a pair of siblings she gave a small nod of approval, noting the kids’ nervous but inquisitive expressions. The two bounced a little on his back as he trotted around the ring, but they looked like they were enjoying themselves. Finally they were helped off and returned to their parents; Dylan ended the show amid an uproarious applause, then he and Blake left the ring.

Alaine offered them both a water, grinning at Blake’s comment and replying, “Oh, maybe they were a little scared at first, but I think they enjoyed it. I don’t know if you saw but one of them even waved at their parents that last lap.”
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11