Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | We got a Kitten... Need Help with Names!
1 2 3
Bump

We might have a name but I'd still like to hear any more suggestions. She'll be home around this time tomorrow and we're all really excited! Just 1 more day! :D

Also, @Dolokhov - I was showing my mum all the name suggestions and she said that I just had to say that we used to have a cat called Sushi a little while ago - a grey tabby. She must have passed away about... 15 years ago now? (wow, it doesn't feel that long!)

I still remember cuddling up next to her in bed when I was little! She was such a sweet, old cat ^^
Bump

We might have a name but I'd still like to hear any more suggestions. She'll be home around this time tomorrow and we're all really excited! Just 1 more day! :D

Also, @Dolokhov - I was showing my mum all the name suggestions and she said that I just had to say that we used to have a cat called Sushi a little while ago - a grey tabby. She must have passed away about... 15 years ago now? (wow, it doesn't feel that long!)

I still remember cuddling up next to her in bed when I was little! She was such a sweet, old cat ^^
Bump
Bump
@echoGhost Oh, how cute!!! I adore the name Sushi for a cat, to be honest. If my friend hadn't called her dog Sushi I would have used the name on one of my cats XD
@echoGhost Oh, how cute!!! I adore the name Sushi for a cat, to be honest. If my friend hadn't called her dog Sushi I would have used the name on one of my cats XD
You could call her Minerva! :D
You could call her Minerva! :D
LRphJMG.png
to be honest, these names can be taken seriously or as a jest but i love cats with food names, it's honestly the best

Kibble
Cheddar
Almond
Apple
Cocoa
Hershey
Ginger
Kiwi
Juice
Maple
Mango
Mochi
Noodle
Olive
Oreo
Peanut
Pepper
Peach(y)
Raisin
Ramen
Skittle(s)
Toffee
Tofu
Tootsie
Waffle
Wasabi
Wonton
Rosemary
Toast
Spaghetti
to be honest, these names can be taken seriously or as a jest but i love cats with food names, it's honestly the best

Kibble
Cheddar
Almond
Apple
Cocoa
Hershey
Ginger
Kiwi
Juice
Maple
Mango
Mochi
Noodle
Olive
Oreo
Peanut
Pepper
Peach(y)
Raisin
Ramen
Skittle(s)
Toffee
Tofu
Tootsie
Waffle
Wasabi
Wonton
Rosemary
Toast
Spaghetti
theultimatecatsig.gif
also if you want more serious names, you can of course do flower / plant names! those are fun and sometimes unusual
here are some i think are neat and could fit her!

Azalea
Cameillia
Sorrel
Acacia
Zinnia
Lilac (or Lila!)
Willow
Juniper
Calanthe
Larkspur
Aster
Belladonna (long, but thematically could make sense since it's a poisonous flower and also known as nightshade! plus you could always call her bella, bell, donna, or don for short!)

if you like that idea more, here's a cheesy baby name website for the subject flowers!
https://nameberry.com/list/97/Flower-Names-for-Girls
also if you want more serious names, you can of course do flower / plant names! those are fun and sometimes unusual
here are some i think are neat and could fit her!

Azalea
Cameillia
Sorrel
Acacia
Zinnia
Lilac (or Lila!)
Willow
Juniper
Calanthe
Larkspur
Aster
Belladonna (long, but thematically could make sense since it's a poisonous flower and also known as nightshade! plus you could always call her bella, bell, donna, or don for short!)

if you like that idea more, here's a cheesy baby name website for the subject flowers!
https://nameberry.com/list/97/Flower-Names-for-Girls
theultimatecatsig.gif
Bastet or Bast is cute, she's an egyptian cat goddess!
Here are some more:
Bug (I know someone with a cat named Bug and it's very cute)
Lupe
Ebony
Any human name is pretty valid
Food names are pretty cute too;

Oh! and @Echoghost, I noticed you mentioned you had a cat named Sushi, maybe you could name your kitten Nori as an homage to Sushi, since Nori is the dark green-black seaweed they use to make sushi.
Bastet or Bast is cute, she's an egyptian cat goddess!
Here are some more:
Bug (I know someone with a cat named Bug and it's very cute)
Lupe
Ebony
Any human name is pretty valid
Food names are pretty cute too;

Oh! and @Echoghost, I noticed you mentioned you had a cat named Sushi, maybe you could name your kitten Nori as an homage to Sushi, since Nori is the dark green-black seaweed they use to make sushi.
cDDSaqc.png
I like Peachyminn's Bindy suggestion. When I first saw her I though maybe Elly?
I like Peachyminn's Bindy suggestion. When I first saw her I though maybe Elly?
axhRqoK.png
5iXiC8z.png27AZD8S.pngDa1cz0f.pngmlHpBMC.png
here are a bunch of not-creative names and it's exactly the opposite of what you asked for and im sorry but it's all i could do ;-; and she's adorable and i hope you find the perfect name-

Midnight
Ebony
Mystery
Luna
Obsidian
For some reason a lot of black cats are named Salem
Dahlia cuz, you know, black dahlia, and MJ,, far from home was so good eeee
Dusk
Ink
Onyx
Phantom
Panther
Raven
Clover/Shamrock cuz of her beautiful eyess
Berry

here are a bunch of not-creative names and it's exactly the opposite of what you asked for and im sorry but it's all i could do ;-; and she's adorable and i hope you find the perfect name-

Midnight
Ebony
Mystery
Luna
Obsidian
For some reason a lot of black cats are named Salem
Dahlia cuz, you know, black dahlia, and MJ,, far from home was so good eeee
Dusk
Ink
Onyx
Phantom
Panther
Raven
Clover/Shamrock cuz of her beautiful eyess
Berry

bJs5ioz.gif
made by Dovalore. look at him go, zoomzoom
ignore my entire account i made it when i was like three. *whispers*comment waffles on my profile for a free cute food item
There's a song called "Black Magic Woman". Call her Magic.
There's a song called "Black Magic Woman". Call her Magic.
1 2 3